PDA

View Full Version : Legend Lara Or Underworld Lara?

April_Croft
12th Apr 2008, 02:21
I know it's not finished yet, but judging by what we've seen so far, would you say legend lara or uw lara is better looking? personally, I'd say Underworld lara by a LONG shot... :D :D

james987654321
12th Apr 2008, 08:40
I liked something about the legend face, it was kinda cute n buttony, but the underworld body BY FAR!

Fickji
12th Apr 2008, 21:14
Legend + anniversary = Underworld

Thats how I see the Lara body being.

The Underworld renders are cooler though. The eyes are so cool and real and um yeah.

And the underworld render looks more real than the cartoony legend.

ditom
12th Apr 2008, 21:23
Underworld Lara looks much better than Legend.
And her eyes...:thumbsup:

Bampire
13th Apr 2008, 02:49
Underworld Lara.
She looks MUCH more Realistic, and more like herself. Instead of looking like a plastic woman, from Orange County (No offense).

TDK
13th Apr 2008, 08:51
UNDERWORLD lara looks more realistic and sexy too :D

jayjay119
15th Apr 2008, 15:01
Underworld lara, she looks more like the AOD model which i loved. A darker and more full of attitude.

The legend lara looked like a plastic Barbie doll with carefully styled hair and 10 tonnes of make-up which matched the pushover that she was untill the end of legend.

fael097
15th Apr 2008, 17:38
i'd say underworld, but she needs a hair fix, her hair should be much darker ;)

Peterburger
18th Apr 2008, 17:56
Underworld-Lara has more Pixels, as usual.
That's why the graphics-quality will be better of course.
Legend was fine enough from the graphics-standards.
The growth of the graphics-quality will make her look better simply.
But the important Things are the new properties.
By the way, Lara Croft should be now having gotten through the Age of 40 yet. Doesn't she look simply perfect for this Age?
It is the Property of a Human to keep looking the way, Lara Croft does.

No ugly Larson, tattooed Jaqueline Natla or fat Kurtis Trent would ever reach the Level of a Lara Croft.

That's, what I love her for.

She will not change her Habit, her Style or her Physics and Look as an Icon.

Who cannot stand, that Lara Croft is the Beautiest even in her Age - well, go ahead and try to compare the Games. But Lara Croft herself never changes until the very highest Age, which I assume at about 75.

It is good to look for a life long that way.
It is a stable Look and Beauty.

And only Men like Me can compare with it.
That's why she is my Icon.

Personal Wishes on Tomb-Raider-8!!

_Tomb_Raider_
19th Apr 2008, 17:12
When I see legend Lara I say: WOW, but when I see underworld Lara I say: WOUHOUWOHAOWUH!!!

I think that we can see how much Cristal went whit technology!

Phlip
19th Apr 2008, 20:24
LL looks better. :) Though I don't know much of TRU Lara's personality, so it'd be unfair to choose out of personality.

Tomb-Dude
19th Apr 2008, 21:49
You cant choose...

Both COMPLEATLY differnet, one is next gen (properly) one is slightly next gen and not next gen.
One is two years old one is modern (still not even finished)
One is out the other isn't

Legend was EXCELLENT for the time it came out, graphics was amazing.
Underworld, can't say 100% at moment. But graphics looks good, but will it dissapoint.
You never know, they are hyping it up it might not be as good as we expect when the game finally comes out.

Fickji
19th Apr 2008, 21:57
Can I say that their both better than the AOD model of Lara?:p :D

rabid metro
20th Apr 2008, 06:23
you can easily say that the TRU model is better than AoD.

Lara looks amazing now! sure some people won't like it but that just confirms how really cool she is now ...
(because THOSE people are obviously pathologically oppositionally-oriented)
:cool:

Anarae
26th Apr 2008, 01:34
Personally, I like Underworld Lara better. I enjoyed the edgier look in AOD She looks more intimidating and it makes her more fun to play.

Don't get me wrong. Classic Lara is brilliant.

I suppose what I'm saying is: Raiding tombs is fun, but it's nice to see the James Bond part of Lara, too. AOD was more James Bond than tombs and it was refreshing to see after the main focus of the other games being loaded with Indiana. :)

Mate
26th Apr 2008, 02:55
I prefer the legend lara, the underworld's seems masculine..her face expressions are tough and her hair ruined...i dont know

RinoTheBouncer
26th Apr 2008, 12:31
Lara looks so cool in Legend n Anniversary but it's more realistic in Anniversary than Legend but in Underworld they wanna make her look like Legend but older look too and they fluidity n flexability will be like anniversary but in NextGen Programing ... Lara looks 40's in Underworld and Also sexy n Respectable so it's a great mixture with more pepper n spices lolz ... i love Underworld looks ;-)

Fickji
26th Apr 2008, 20:22
Her hair is ruined????:confused:

Just because you can't see the braid/ponytail doesn't mean its not there. We don't have a view of the side or back so no one but the developers know.

But it is rational to state that she still has long hair as the screen shots show it flipping around her.

(her hair is nice and brown)

She's 40, really, um ok. I thought she was rather timeless. HEY in game years she's only 10. Barbie's like 60 or more and so is James Bond. Indy is what, in his 20s. :D

David 070
26th Apr 2008, 23:31
underworld lara is the best lara ive seen now! :)

i wonder how there'll top underworld later.

NightRain'06
27th Apr 2008, 06:18
When Crystal Dynamics steered the TR ship and revived the franchise, I was absolutely amazed at Legend Lara's appearance.
Now, I'm blown away even more by Underworld Lara.

So, my vote once again for the third time is Underworld Lara.

~~~

David070 ~ I wondered the same thing. How in the next gen consoles, PS4 and XBox number 3 (coined by people as XBox 720.), the environments and Lara would seem like. :eek: :eek:

:rolleyes: <~ Imagines

Ms.Croft.Legend
27th Apr 2008, 10:46
Right now I feel like I am the only one who likes the Legend Lara. I just liked her face, it was more defined in features, where as I feel like Underworld Lara and Anniversary Lara had their features kind of lost. Althought I am NOT saying I do not like the Underworld one. I think that Underworld looks way more natural and life like and I think when I get the game and play it I will get used to it and prefer her better in the end.

So yeah, I guess I like them both.

mimi90
27th Apr 2008, 10:52
Right now I feel like I am the only one who likes the Legend Lara. I just liked her face, it was more defined in features, where as I feel like Underworld Lara and Anniversary Lara had their features kind of lost. Althought I am NOT saying I do not like the Underworld one. I think that Underworld looks way more natural and life like and I think when I get the game and play it I will get used to it and prefer her better in the end.

So yeah, I guess I like them both.

Your not the only one. I loved the TRL Lara, in some of the stills I've seen TRU looks a bit bony and harsh-looking, although I'm pretty sure she's gonna look great in next gen... Anniversary did have something missing...

XenoAlias
29th Apr 2008, 02:13
I think Underworld Lara if my favorite from what I've seen. This has nothing to do with the graphics, poly-count, etc. (Although those are certainly welcome changes as well.) I just like her general appearance.

Legend Lara is great. It maintained Lara's personality while adding it's own style.

Anniversary Lara did a wonderful job of capturing the original essence of Lara with a higher poly-count.

Underworld Lara is just plain awesome. It maintains Lara's original look, personality, etc. However, it's a bit more edgy and mature. She seems older and more confident. I really love the Underworld design.

Greenas
30th Apr 2008, 19:15
OK , how do i say this .Fine , i'm just going to say it. Legend Lara is in my opinion soooooooooooooo much better than uw lara . Uw lara look like someone smashed her face and then she got unsuccessful plastic surgery to make it better . No offence but i feel that Legend Lara was LARA CROFT and UW lara is some sort of wannebe lara that looks so much incredibly older than she should be .I just can't help feeling that way because it feels like that when i play underworld lara just won't be lara and it's just not right (to me anyway).:(

ChaosWolf1982
30th Apr 2008, 20:13
By the way, Lara Croft should be now having gotten through the Age of 40 yet. Doesn't she look simply perfect for this Age?

Well, I like to think of it like that one Bowflex Home Gym advert on TV a year or so back. To prove the effectiveness of the item, the advert had, among others shown, a mid-fifties grandmother who, at the most, barely looked to be much past her early thirties.

And, well, all that running and flipping and climbing and such Lara does is a lot more effective than some stationary weight-bench...

POSSL
30th Apr 2008, 22:39
Anniversary Lara:rasp: :rasp: :D :D

Rai
30th Apr 2008, 23:13
Without a doubt, Underworld Lara is far superior to the Legend model. I liked Lara in Legend, but she was slightly too Barbie in physique and makeup. TRU Lara is much more natural and realistic; almost real. She is stronger looking without being too muscular. Graphically wise, when they aged down to TRA Lara and then aged her back up again with a newer engine, inevitably, she looks different to how she did in Legend. She's more TRA only older. If that makes sense.

ChaosWolf1982
1st May 2008, 00:30
Legend/Anniversary Lara or Underworld Lara?

Hm, tough call.

This can clearly only be solved in one fair and even manner.

Naked pudding wrestling.

jaleru
8th May 2008, 22:20
The actual lara is too sexy.
But i i dont know. In personality y prefer a "Sentimental lara" No a diabolic or sadic lara.
Sorry if the english is to bad. I normaly speack in spanish.

Jason Miller
10th May 2008, 09:54

Just because you can't see the braid/ponytail doesn't mean its not there. We don't have a view of the side or back so no one but the developers know.

But it is rational to state that she still has long hair as the screen shots show it flipping around her.

She's 40, really, um ok. I thought she was rather timeless. HEY in game years she's only 10. Barbie's like 60 or more and so is James Bond. Indy is what, in his 20s. :D

She's not 40**** :mad2: :(!!!!!! She's only 30!! And by the way, there's a new model for Lara in Underworld. The old Underworld Lara was eliminated & now they have a new one, she looks perfect:thumbsup: ...:D

NightRain'06
12th May 2008, 01:20
She's not 40**** :mad2: :(!!!!!! She's only 30!! And by the way, there's a new model for Lara in Underworld. The old Underworld Lara was eliminated & now they have a new one, she looks perfect:thumbsup: ...:D

There are some who say she's more 35 to 37. No one really knows because the information has been alternating slightly over the years.

Do you mean the pic of Underworld Lara as shown in my banner is old ?

If so, I can't wait to see the new Underworld Lara. :thumbsup: Do you have a referral link ?

Laura_Cross
21st May 2008, 13:10
Most people seem to say Underworld but I think she looked better in Legend. Obviously the graphics are better with the new one and she does look more realistc but she's looking less and less like Lara :( To me her face in Underworld just seems a bit generic.

LaraCroftRox
4th Jun 2008, 14:37

I think her hair looks nice in this picture. Though a little messy.

jayjay119
4th Jun 2008, 15:39

Actually she is 40 in her original bio by core it gave her d.o.b as sometime in the 60's. But under CD'd rule...she's ageless- the way all good hero's should be- Except Sam fisher and Solid S.

T-Rap
7th Jun 2008, 15:44
underworld of course!!! she is more beautiful, even if she is 40 years old as the most people say

Emroid
8th Jun 2008, 06:05
Legand Lara was way to caked up :scratch:

LaraCroftRox
14th Jun 2008, 11:03
Legend/Anniversary with a mix of Angel Of Darkness face + Underworld body = Great
I'm okay with the underworld face but she looks cross-eyed and a bit thin-faced. I liked her slightly fuller Legend/Anniversary face. Also there's a redness around her eyes which makes her look kind of older than she is. :cool:

dark_angel_7
14th Jun 2008, 11:23
Underworld Lara - More detail, better clothing, more realistic, slightly more bad ass/tough look. She would be the best Lara for me if she just had the braid. :o