PDA

View Full Version : Croft Manor / Winston

m8rx007
11th Apr 2008, 17:17
Alright I wanna see the ORIGINAL Croft Manor that we all know and love as well as the hump back Winston, the farts (maybe with green or brown smoke animations?) the freezer and a catchy remix of that orchestrated tune from TR2 when you would press the button next to Lara's stereo rack.

m8rx007
11th Apr 2008, 17:23
I also wanna see the hedge maze, outdoor course, and the ATV track. lol.

And maybe incorporate a mission style (TRA like)

TDK
11th Apr 2008, 17:47
the old manor was not very cool (or let me say it was boring) the TR:A,L manor was based from the movies and it was very amazing one much better than the old one and i would luv to see alot of areas in the manor so lara can have fun :D

Mangar The Dark
11th Apr 2008, 18:29
Yeah, putting nostalgia aside, I have to say, the new manor is better. If they make a few more areas accessible (and you know they will... they always do), it'll be fine.

I would like to see more outside areas, in particular. But the areas they already have (such as the pool, the gym, the main hall, etc) are all better in the new manor.

As for the idea of smoke coming out of Winston's backside when he farts... well, I hope that was just a joke. I like the new Winston better anyway, as he seems more like somebody who would be hired to work in a classy place, and he doesn't constantly get in your way while you're trying to explore.

m8rx007
11th Apr 2008, 19:27
Some parts of the new house I like but I've been playing since TR so it's kinda one of those things where I would like to see them remake the old one for at least one game. They should have done that for Anniversary. I would like to see a TR2 remake though with the opera house and, of course, the original Croft Manor and the old Winston... He wasn't ALWAYS in the way.. you could simply lock him in the meat freezer. lol.

I was reading in a forum somewhere though that Lara got 3 estates from her father? And this was just one?

m8rx007
11th Apr 2008, 19:44
Also, about Winston being all proper... does anyone here besides me remember Winston farting and dressing up in camo and a bullseye and using the tray as a shield in TR3? He's meant as comic-relief. Winston wasn't created as a proper character.

Tomb-Dude
11th Apr 2008, 20:19
Also, about Winston being all proper... does anyone here besides me remember Winston farting and dressing up in camo and a bullseye and using the tray as a shield in TR3? He's meant as comic-relief. Winston wasn't created as a proper character.

I disagree...
I think Core made him out to be a typical old fart farting and not caring for the world.
But CD i think they are making him more beleiveable and a character we can all like and not get annoyed with, someone who you can imagin working and helping Lara in her manor.
Old one was ALWAYS in the way when trying to get to the secret basement room.

But the manors/mansions.
Both completely different...
Old one i thought was good at the time and big, but now i look at it and it looks empty.
Yeah the new ones arn't as big and not as many room yada yada (usualy crap basicly we get)
But i think they are much more homely, more beleiveable for Lara to live in and all that.

So my vote, Winston to stay as a Normal character and a good, proper butler and the new Manor to be as it is, homely, believeable and remarkable in every form it comes.
:D

Fickji
11th Apr 2008, 20:25
I'd like to see the ballroom and the larger proper foyer from the first original manor plus the kitchen, dinning room and freezer from tr2.

If they could incorporate it into this version or another manor than I'd be happy.

I would also be happy to go everywhere possible. Outside, inside, climb on the balconies. And the horse statue out in front.

And another butler, named Jeeves, with a hunchback who farts.

AND the treasure room(tr2), attic and aquirum(fish tank, TR3).

Is this too much to ask?:scratch:

LegendLost
11th Apr 2008, 21:52
Sometimes it's bad to want things from the past to come back. If nothing changed eventually all would get old. simply wanting everything from the originals just doesn't seem such a good idea because then the originals wouldn't have that charm that they do. I agree a remake of the old manor could be cool, but lets face, the new manor is so much more complex and manor feeling as opposed to just an over sized home.

And as for Winston not being a classy character, look at him in TR:Chronicles, he is definitely not an old fart there. He changed as the games went on, it wasn't just simply CD changing him.

Captain Mazda
11th Apr 2008, 22:01
The Legend/Anniversary manor is based on the films. I think it's much better than the classic version and I would love to see CD keep adding to it, but that's just my opinion.

Larahair
12th Apr 2008, 05:17
Tombraider is the sort of game that needs lots and lots and lots and lots of farting in it so yeh bring back Winston I actually would prefer if Lara did the farting now that would be epic. As far as the manor is concerned I like the new manor.

james987654321
12th Apr 2008, 08:44
HAHA a green smoke smoke cloud that follows winston around

m8rx007
14th Apr 2008, 05:24
Yea I want the farting Winston back. Especially with Anniversary they should have done that. If you're going to remake a game, then bring back everything not just 90%. Thats why the new games feel so different. Core isn't there anymore and let's face facts. That's when Tomb Raider WAS Tomb Raider.

james987654321
14th Apr 2008, 06:25
Yea I want the farting Winston back. Especially with Anniversary they should have done that. If you're going to remake a game, then bring back everything not just 90%. Thats why the new games feel so different. Core isn't there anymore and let's face facts. That's when Tomb Raider WAS Tomb Raider.

I also hate it when games become too serious and wrapped up in their presence that they dont laugh at themselves once in a while, farting winston may b a bit ott though:lol:

Fickji
14th Apr 2008, 18:39
Could we have a gardener that farts? Than he could follow Lara around the grounds and get locked in a shed with garden tools.

I mean Lara has a butler, she must have a gardener. I don't think she takes care of the hedge trimming and cleaning out the fountains.

A note on the old manors:
They were big and empty because they were big and EMPTY. Now they can fill the manor with realistic furniture.

The new mansion feels crampt and thus more rooms should be added. And a new redefining of the rooms from the old ones. Like TR anniversary with the music room type thing.

I hate serious games with no humor

m8rx007
16th Apr 2008, 17:19
I agree, the new manor is deffinately cramped. Bring back the old manor, fill it with ****, add more rooms, bring back the songs from TR2 and TR3 that were played when u turned on the stereo. And brighten the damn manor up a bit.. kinda like TR1 and 2??? I do like the gardener idea. The manor level was not meant to be serious as it shouldn't be. It's not a mission. Lara has a strange sense of humor. Stop making everything so serious.

Mangar The Dark
16th Apr 2008, 18:44
The new manor feels too cramped?!
Wow, what size homes do you people live in?!

TwinPistols
16th Apr 2008, 20:33
I would like to see Farting Winston again, even though it sometimes could be boring. In TRU could have a code for a farting winston, and if with the code he could fart even in the cutscenes, it would be so funny that even Lara would laugh during the game!

Tomb-Dude
16th Apr 2008, 20:44

Totally agree with that. The old ones where too big and empty but these new ones to me seem more homely then the others, something that i can imagine Lara living in!

NightRain'06
16th Apr 2008, 23:59
I'm going to strap old Winston in multiple strait jackets, shove him in the meat freezer, replace the door with a stronger one to lock him in so that he can't budge, finally remove both the freezer and him from her premises. I can't disclose the rest. :D :lol:

The mansion I was happy with, but if it's expanded more, I won't mind. Just don't forget about my room. :p

Fickji
17th Apr 2008, 01:51

A small home. :D

It just feels crampt due to the loooong hallways leading to small rooms. And its suppose to be a mansion/manor so there should be more larger rooms and outdoor areas. ITs Lara's home, it should be big and expansive.

And have you ever tried to do those cool summersaults in the legend manor. The ones that start out as front and then go to the back to the final cool jump. There's just no room to do it unless in the halls or out in the actual levels. Especially in the foyar/living room with Zip's stuff everywhere.

So the more rooms and secret passages to explore the better. And PLEASE, I BEG OF YOU bring back the ballroom. That large empty room to jump all over the place in (as seen in TR2). You could even put a small stage in there with rafter jumping.

Which reminds me. Where did the monkey bars go?

TOO long of a post

Arctic
17th Apr 2008, 12:55
It would be really cool if they included the original and the new Croft Manor!
And then they should add more outside areas to the new one and maybe some where to ride the motorbike :D
But maybe 2 Croft Manors would be too much..?

About Winston.. I don't really know. Couldn't he be half old-Winston and half new-Winston? :rolleyes:

jayjay119
17th Apr 2008, 13:10
Personally I don't like the new Manor, I'm not big on incorporating things from the movie into the game. The game came first so the movie's should mimic them, not the other way around. Plus I agree the new manor is too cramped with all the stupid chairs and couches. I liked the old manor being empty, there was plenty of room to train which is what Lara used her home for anyway- she's not the type of gal to sit on her settee in sweats eating microwave meals.

Plus seeing as the new manor has incorporated nothing new and is basicly a replica of TR1/TR2's manor, I think it would be a good Idea to bring the original back-expand and re-design it. It'd be cool.

mimi90
18th Apr 2008, 14:28
i do prefer the new manor to the old one... but it would be great if they bought back the outdoor assualt course... and maybe something with a car/motorbike? also (this might just be me) does it annoy anybody that as u walk towards the gym, there are the two fences with large 'C's on them and u can't get through? those should be opened up... maybe with some puzzles rooms?

Peterburger
18th Apr 2008, 17:35
Yes, indeed Blueeyed People like Winston for that he fartes so much.
But in fact this is his only quality.
He is like a stupid old German, ain't he?!!
And this is the only thing blueeyed men can produce - FARTING.

THAT'S why I put him to the Refrigerator always.
Also I like a lot to shoot on him, for he is that stupid as any Jaquline Natla or all blueeyed Bastards.

If You are blueeyed, believe me - there is no one more stupid in this world than you.

Long live LARA CROFT

Fickji
18th Apr 2008, 19:37
Yes, indeed Blueeyed People like Winston for that he fartes so much.
But in fact this is his only quality.
He is like a stupid old German, ain't he?!!
And this is the only thing blueeyed men can produce - FARTING.

THAT'S why I put him to the Refrigerator always.
Also I like a lot to shoot on him, for he is that stupid as any Jaquline Natla or all blueeyed Bastards.

If You are blueeyed, believe me - there is no one more stupid in this world than you.

Long live LARA CROFT

Being a person suffering from dumb blonde syndrum I resent the fact that only blue eyed people are dumb. Anyone can be dumb. Including people who call other people dumb.

And Winston isn't German, he's British.

Arctic
19th Apr 2008, 08:12
does it annoy anybody that as u walk towards the gym, there are the two fences with large 'C's on them and u can't get through? those should be opened up... maybe with some puzzles rooms?

Yes! I've been thinking about that too. 'Cause it is REALLY annoying to be able to look through them but not walk through them :mad2:
And it's wierd that there is so many doors which you can't walk through in the Croft Manor. It's Lara's house! Isn't she supposed to be able to go everywhere inside it?