PDA

View Full Version : 1st / 3rd Person Shooter View

auric
10th Apr 2008, 03:07
I know the game will most likely be 1st person view.

Just want to know what you think, if a 3rd Person view will be nice to play for a Deus Ex game?

Maybe make it as realistic as Splinter Cell.
Don't need the hang upside down stuff, but it'll be nice to have more stuff able to climb up that don't require big jumps.

Knocking someone out with barehands (which Aug people should be able to) :D

Anyway, so a 3rd person view, can look around yourself, watch the character in action, etc.
Being a game that have the environment as its playground, sewers, roofs, inside & out of buildings, etc. I would love to see it in action than just see ooh the stair bars are moving downwards as I climb up.
:)

Of course be able to change view back to 1st PV.

Gary_Savage
10th Apr 2008, 03:36
1st/3rd person views was covered in: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=75068&highlight=3rd+person+view

Also, you can bring up character abilities (some of which were covered) here: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?p=738365&highlight=rolls#post738365

auric
10th Apr 2008, 03:46
Thanks,
haven't been on the board in almost 2 years, must have missed the moment. :)

Xcom
10th Apr 2008, 07:24
Most local forumites are apparently against 3rd person view in any form. :lol:

Blade_hunter
10th Apr 2008, 08:47
DX is a FPS but if the view each view is optional it can be used fore more players and don't use much programming time the first time it's better to focus on a first person view (and we can keep the DX conversation system 3rd person view of the conversation)
Some Hitman's games are 3rd person shooters and we can use the first person view

auric
10th Apr 2008, 08:52
DX is a FPS but if the view each view is optional it can be used fore more players and don't use much programming time the first time it's better to focus on a first person view (and we can keep the DX conversation system 3rd person view of the conversation)
Some Hitman's games are 3rd person shooters and we can use the first person view

Ya, like Splinter Cell.

When moving its 3rd, when shooting its 1st.
:)

Blade_hunter
10th Apr 2008, 10:15
Hum it's not what I wanted to say not like Splinter cell.
In Splinter cell you are not on first person view (the first game doesn't use this feature but the others I think are the same) You move on third person view but when you are on shoot mode the camera is on your shoulder to aim and you can't move and shoot at the same time
In Hitman you can move and shoot in Third person view like max payne and tomb raider and you can move and shoot in First person view like Unreal, Quake, Red faction and Half life.
Splinter Cell is only an infiltration game DX is more envolved because it uses more kind of gameplay's in the same game

auric
10th Apr 2008, 10:19
Huh?
I thought we can move & shoot in SC.

And SC can be bloody if u want to, just not missions that don't allow it, but we can always imagine knocking them out as killing them. :D

jordan_a
10th Apr 2008, 11:28
Camera (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=75068)

Blade_hunter
10th Apr 2008, 12:40
Hum I see Xcom has true. I think I had nothing more to add some posters have said they're arguments ....