PDA

View Full Version : I feel so silly

Phlip
9th Apr 2008, 19:27
I've had my TR2 disk for about 11/12 years now and for about 5/6 years some of the cutscenes have been really messed up and won't play properly.

TR2 is my favourite game that one could play on the Playstation, and I bought another TR2 from eBay which was about 99p (:eek:) so hopefully the cutscenes would behave properly and I feel as though I'm betraying my original TR2... does anyone understand how I could feel like this? :lol: (And no, I don't talk to the discs. ;))

Fickji
9th Apr 2008, 21:27
I bought that dvd pc thing that had all 6 tomb raiders on it and now I feel bad for my older ones that arn't xp compatible and have to go away into the closet.

Except that I don't think that the new ones have the gold versions:(

Randy 54
9th Apr 2008, 23:14
Hi Phlip, I thought about your problem and came up with the solution. When you play your new disc, you can prop up your old one next to you on a table so it can watch you play. This way, you won't feel like you're cheating and the disc won't feel left out. Simple...........yes?

fael097
10th Apr 2008, 02:59
I bought that dvd pc thing that had all 6 tomb raiders on it and now I feel bad for my older ones that arn't xp compatible and have to go away into the closet.

Except that I don't think that the new ones have the gold versions:(

are you kidding? i managed to make TR1 work perfectly on winXP :P

Fickji
10th Apr 2008, 03:07
Its too late. Already bought the dvdpc thingy... so into the closet they go.

TDK
10th Apr 2008, 13:31
i hate when this happen last night i recognize tht my (TR:aod) cd isnt working on my pc :mad2: i'll go to buy another one from virgin megastore

Phlip
10th Apr 2008, 16:09
Hi Phlip, I thought about your problem and came up with the solution. When you play your new disc, you can prop up your old one next to you on a table so it can watch you play. This way, you won't feel like you're cheating and the disc won't feel left out. Simple...........yes?
I suppose... but how pathetic would that look? :nut:

i hate when this happen last night i recognize tht my (TR:aod) cd isnt working on my pc :mad2: i'll go to buy another one from virgin megastore

But you haven't had it for 12+ years, have you? :p

Mangar The Dark
10th Apr 2008, 16:55
Wow. If you feel bad about that, Phlp, you're going to think I'm a really terrible person-- I actually traded in my copies of TR2 and TR3 for store credit at a local gaming store many years ago!

I traded TR2 because I just didn't like it. I had the buggy PC version which ran at half speed, so getting across a level took forever (Lara ran in slow motion... REALLY annoying!! I see they released a patch for that bug, but I didn't know about it back then.) Besides, it was too much about shooting tons of enemies, which isn't really my thing.

I traded TR3 because I just got bored with it. I played up until the beginning of the Antarctica levels, and then had enough. BUT, I recently ordered a new copy of the game because I felt like giving it another shot, and I saw it for really cheap online. I just hope I can get it to work with Vista.

Spong
11th Apr 2008, 00:58
So you're entering a m√©nage √* trois with your TR2's Phlip? :D

Can't say I've ever wrestled with guilt over replacing an old/damaged/bugged disc with a new one. But I did sell my original PSOne copy of TR1 years ago, then spent ages trying to get another copy. I simply wouldn't "make do" with the Platinum version and refused to buy the game again until I found the original release in the dual-case with the green disc. I missed out on about three year's worth of replays because of that :(.

Mangar The Dark
11th Apr 2008, 12:19
I missed out on about three year's worth of replays because of that :(.

Realistically, though, how often would you replay it? I played TR1 in 1996, and then put it aside and didn't replay it until last summer (10 years later.) I think playing it too often would kind of ruin it because you'd know it too well. Since I took a ten year break from it, there were lots of parts that I didn't remember, and I had to figure it out again. Now I just started to replay TR3 for the first time after about 8 years or so, and I have to admit, I don't remember it well at all, so it's great... almost like playing a new game.

Spong
12th Apr 2008, 14:49
I've replayed EACH of the old-skool Raiders (TR1-5) at least 50+ times. Seriously!
As much as it was my own doing, that gap when I wasn't able to replay TR1 was horrendous for me :eek:

Lo
12th Apr 2008, 14:57
... does anyone understand how I could feel like this? :lol: (And no, I don't talk to the discs. ;))

No. :lol:

Mangar The Dark
14th Apr 2008, 14:53
I've replayed EACH of the old-skool Raiders (TR1-5) at least 50+ times. Seriously!

Good lord!!! That's just sick :nut: :lol:
How do you find time for other hobbies, jobs (or school), friends, reading, etc? :eek:

I stopped replaying TR3, and decided to replay AOD instead. I still don't get why people hate this game so much. The first time I played it, I really enjoyed, and now, a few years later, I'm playing it for the second time, and I still like it. When I finish it, I'll go back to TR3.