PDA

View Full Version : MISC. Nosgoth Ventrilo

cmstache
19th Dec 2013, 16:08
We have a free raidcall server set-up (will hold up to 300 people atm):
Just download it, make a login, and you're off. The group name is "NosgothOfficial" and the group ID is "7727974."

Go to www.raidcall.com to download the program and make a profile. If you want to add a reference, use "cmstache" so I can get a fancy badge. :)

Happy Hunting everyone!

PWride
19th Dec 2013, 16:57
Thanks cmstache, been a while since I've used Vent but may dive on there every now and again, if nothing else to be able to get your thoughts on the game.

ZangarftheWrassler
19th Dec 2013, 17:01
Thanks for this, man! This game needs a voicechat feature or at least if it's planned, it need to be implemented soon as it will change drastically how the players interact with one another. This might help slightly.

cmstache
19th Dec 2013, 17:01
Most of them are on this forum, but that sounds OK to me. :)

Thanks for this, man! This game needs a voicechat feature or at least if it's planned, it need to be implemented soon as it will change drastically how the players interact with one another. This might help slightly.

That was the intended point.

hirukaru
19th Dec 2013, 20:51
Might install when I go to Denmark just to shout at you guys :D

ZangarftheWrassler
19th Dec 2013, 23:08
I'm on the Vent. Where are you nukkahs?

kilo7410
8th Jan 2014, 02:05
Nice. I might jump and and see what everyone is up to here in a bit.

Perpetual_Void
15th Jan 2014, 09:28
Thanks I'll make it a point to get on here whenever I play.

Kuro1n
16th Jan 2014, 15:57
Nice, great initiative! :)

Razaiim
17th Jan 2014, 22:18
Downloading ventrilo now, hoping to hop on tonight at some point

cmstache
22nd Jan 2014, 22:13
bump so the subscribers to this thread see the update to the info. :)

hirukaru
22nd Jan 2014, 23:12
Come to raidcall.

Remember I got admin powers I can abuse them :P haha

Orionte
31st Jan 2014, 16:39
Applied :)

hirukaru
1st Feb 2014, 01:12
Applied :)

Guess you are accepted dont see you in the list of applications to Raidcall.
Have a nice time and tell your friends.

If you need support contact any of the mods.

cmstache
1st Feb 2014, 01:19
I accepted him earlier today when I logged on.

hirukaru
1st Feb 2014, 15:13
I accepted him earlier today when I logged on.

Thanks for the headsup.
I will probably be on tonight for a few minutes/hours. (in raidcall that is)

Would love if all alpha testers and devs and admins could join the raidcall haha.

RiversOblivion
7th Feb 2014, 02:26
AAAAGH RAIDCALL.
I dont have to download/install/use Vent now. <3

hirukaru
7th Feb 2014, 11:30
You have been accepted to our raidcall channel let me say Welcome.

hirukaru
12th Feb 2014, 15:24
I added the twitch of NOSGOTH official into our twitch group.
This means when ever the devs are broadcasting from this account you can also watch it from with in the Twitch and speak with your friends. Ofcourse you cannot send messages towards the players for that you still have to load in towards the twitch website.

Come into raidcall and show us your face. :) THe more people join the better.

cmstache
14th Feb 2014, 01:16
bump, for those of you subscribers who never saw the raidcall edit. :)

hirukaru
14th Feb 2014, 16:34
Bump when stickied nice :P
Ownage going to bump my FAQ soon when it is updated so be ready to be bumped down ;)

Usernamexists
14th Feb 2014, 23:58
Thankyou so much. this will be very helpful. i got myself onto the server and im trying to spread the word in game.

hirukaru
15th Feb 2014, 16:21
Oke are you using raidcall or the vent server.
Enjoy the game.

Elosch
15th Feb 2014, 17:37
Hey i just applied to the raidcall ;)

hirukaru
15th Feb 2014, 17:46
Hey i just applied to the raidcall ;)

Accepted.

hirukaru
15th Feb 2014, 20:01
There is now a german channel for all you germans out there.
Please join in :)

Varulven
15th Feb 2014, 20:26
There is now a german channel for all you germans out there.
Please join in :)

YAY! Thanks :D

hirukaru
15th Feb 2014, 20:37
Your welcome.

If admins want to ever do a QA in our raidcall channel I can set up a channel :)
We already got your stream account linked.

Harfax
15th Feb 2014, 20:41
Your welcome.

If admins want to ever do a QA in our raidcall channel I can set up a channel :)
We already got your stream account linked.

That sounds like a great idea, I would definitely log on for that.

hirukaru
16th Feb 2014, 11:49
That sounds like a great idea, I would definitely log on for that.

Well that would give us a bigger population in our channel.
Pretty please admins lets do this some day :) (just an hour or so),

Queued system works nice (We can set time limit for questions, like 2 minutes a question, reresponse etc.)

Captain3009
19th Feb 2014, 16:27
Hi, I just installed this program and applied to the group "nosgothalpha". How does it work? Do I need to login to raidcall and then to the game Nosgoth? Thanks for the explanation.

cmstache
19th Feb 2014, 16:36
Once you are on the server (I don't see your application though, what's the username?) you just double click a channel to enter it. It's pretty easy. Everyone in the channel can talk. The only real issue you may have is setting up your talking. (on the bottom right corner of the window you'll see a selection arrow. Click it and change the input mode to "free talk mode." ) Then just talk to speak. :)

It's pretty simple.

Captain3009
19th Feb 2014, 16:49
raidcall username is jurgen.deygers nickname is captain3009

hirukaru
20th Feb 2014, 00:42
raidcall username is jurgen.deygers nickname is captain3009

You got accepted think by mr Hotdog

cmstache
20th Feb 2014, 00:47
He did, so did another one after.

Captain3009
20th Feb 2014, 15:56
yes, thank you for that.

SolusSerpentsong
22nd Feb 2014, 10:28
I assume we are going to still have this.. amazing idea I had no idea about till now. Shoulda checked the forums again sooner.

hirukaru
22nd Feb 2014, 13:04
Solus you should check forum at least once a week ;). Thats why we are in a Alpha (tomorrow beta). Lots of information is spread through the forums.

cmstache
22nd Feb 2014, 14:18
Indeed. And we're on raidcall as we speak. As is, VOIP won't be active right away, so we'll use it. And it'll probably stay up anyways; VOIP only works in lobbies and matches, Raidcall works w/e. Im sure I'll probably use both.

hirukaru
22nd Feb 2014, 18:55
I won't use the In game VOIP I guess, Most of the time having this on will reduce some quality of the game experience in my eyes.
Most games with VOIP have a lack of sound quality or have good quality but reduction on other parts like higher ping etc. Where 3th party software is less likely to interfere with the game.

But that is just my experience.

Kougeru
24th Feb 2014, 09:00
I'm assuming you guys will continue using this in CB? Will you open it to more players or will it remain Alpha players only?

hirukaru
24th Feb 2014, 12:22
I'm assuming you guys will continue using this in CB? Will you open it to more players or will it remain Alpha players only?

Will be opened for CB players also. Cause this forum will probably be changed from CA to CB and thus CB players can join in.

Don't know if strike is planning on making it full open. But think it will stay hidden or something.

cmstache
24th Feb 2014, 18:17
The NDA is going to be lifted, so I see no need for it to be passworded. Specific channels can be locked, but the group itself doesn't need to be.

The ventrilo room is currently unlocked as well, although that server might not e able to handle the volume that Nosgoth will bring in.

So yes, the topic will stay in effect, and probably will be so indefinitely.

EDIT: Talked to Strike, the Raidcall group is now set to "public."

Caedres
27th Feb 2014, 11:03
Just logged in early for the beta on Raidcall! Also, I had to search just for "Nosgoth" to find this raidcall. "NosgothAlpha" doesn't bring up anything.

cmstache
28th Feb 2014, 02:10
I'd use the group id #...

Wobbley
4th Mar 2014, 11:12
Just logged in early for the beta on Raidcall! Also, I had to search just for "Nosgoth" to find this raidcall. "NosgothAlpha" doesn't bring up anything.

We changed the name, as NosgothAlpha is no longer true :)

lucinvampire
4th Mar 2014, 11:16
A quick question as I know nothing about these programs - does Radcall/Ventrilo have a push to talk button or does it broadcast everything?????

And what's the new name...

hirukaru
5th Mar 2014, 01:01
A quick question as I know nothing about these programs - does Radcall/Ventrilo have a push to talk button or does it broadcast everything?????

And what's the new name...

It has both options.

The new name is NOSGOTH Official
BUt searching on the ID is easier.

Razaiim
5th Mar 2014, 01:12
Yea Lucin, use the ID, I tried searching for name while it was still NosgothAlpha and couldn't find it. Also just a heads up, apparently my mic makes weird flushing/darth vader breathing when I'm on. I have no idea what is causing it as my mic isn't picking anything up. I've been put on timeout twice.
Also be prepared for a lot of manly grunting, as we all get bent over by the matchmaker at the moment.

hirukaru
5th Mar 2014, 02:05
Yea Lucin, use the ID, I tried searching for name while it was still NosgothAlpha and couldn't find it. Also just a heads up, apparently my mic makes weird flushing/darth vader breathing when I'm on. I have no idea what is causing it as my mic isn't picking anything up. I've been put on timeout twice.
Also be prepared for a lot of manly grunting, as we all get bent over by the matchmaker at the moment.

If you can join tomorrow around 20:00 GMT+1 we can try to troubleshoot it in my personal channel on the Nosgoth group

Inrezairo
12th Mar 2014, 18:34
Just downloaded Raidcall and found the Nosgoth room.

It appeared to be empty ... have I missed the party?

cmstache
12th Mar 2014, 18:37
I'm in another channel, but logged in. I see Aquilius there now, maybe you two just missed each other...

Inrezairo
12th Mar 2014, 18:49
Let's give it another go :-)

lugexd
15th Apr 2014, 08:56
just hopped onto the raidcall server to see whats goin' on and such. guess everyone is dead right now. i'll check back tomorrow though.

cmstache
15th Apr 2014, 09:55
Was 5am est and mid morning in eu.

lugexd
15th Apr 2014, 23:00
yeah, i know lol. was hoping some people were still on and playing... didn't want to sleep.
<--- I'm an est player.

Korkrag
24th Apr 2014, 11:01
I will be sure to poke around soon if my connection speeds up! If people haven't at least played the LoK Games and just hopped right on to Nosgoth then I will be sorely disappointed!
Is there a preferred Time at which people log on to the Vent? (I am UK time)

cmstache
24th Apr 2014, 11:17
I recommend the raidcall. Its got far more traffic. As for time, it stays fairly active during the day.

Korkrag
25th Apr 2014, 18:51
Perhaps so, I've just never used Raidcall before. So for sticking to what I know it'd be a preference. Also, you are on 1234 posts! \o/

cmstache
25th Apr 2014, 18:53
I know. :gamer: It's awesome. And if you understand ventirlo you'll have no problem with Raidcall, it's much simpler. Ventrilo has a lot of really cool features, but unfortunately people don't always see the value in those (And it's not free.:thud: )

Korkrag
25th Apr 2014, 19:18
I will be sure to look into Raid Call, but first I need my connection to speed up! So That gives me time to brush up on my LoK lore!

Zeedarn
18th Jun 2014, 01:40
Ventrilo server down?

HolyHitman
30th Jun 2014, 01:14
I put in cmstache as a reference for RaidCall - error "this account does not exist"

cmstache
30th Jun 2014, 01:39
Oh, it exists :)
If it doesn't work... oh well :(

DelRah1
26th Aug 2015, 04:30
Does anyone still use this Raidcall?

hirukaru
23rd Sep 2015, 20:58
Does anyone still use this Raidcall?

If you want we can make it more active again. I am sometimes in there.