PDA

View Full Version : Our Futre and Deus Ex 123

dxfan94
8th Apr 2008, 21:17
In the 3rd game in think they should do what they did in IW integrate all the endings. Separate the world in the Illuminati, Apostal corp, and that other one with Luminon sumon. kill the Paul and leave JC alive. in 3rd game make it playable from Alex man/woman or JC. The music is great from both games. Have even higher tech in the game. Better robots. robot people like in i rbot. but i just really love these games. I love the futre and hate the past. does this make me a futureist. anyways id love to the our future turn out this way. i know i sound like every other fan but just think of what an impact this has on the world. Can companies steal these ideas and make them real. Make the perfect human tell me

Gary_Savage
8th Apr 2008, 21:31
Are you suggesting that the 'body' parts in the released concept art are robot parts?

dxfan94
8th Apr 2008, 21:41
Are you suggesting that the 'body' parts in the released concept art are robot parts?

The parts in the pic Yes. they could be making an army. and we have to stop it.

Vasarto
8th Apr 2008, 21:44

Or if it's a prequal it could just be the technology they were using before
they perfected the Nano Augs. Just like how anna and Herman were, All
human but robotic at the same time.

Gary_Savage
8th Apr 2008, 21:53

You know, I hadn't considered your line of thinking; gives a whole new interpretation to the words "what is it that really makes us human?" (or something like that, in the teaser). Perhaps I had not considered that because of the Biopolitic vote (which would deal with augmentations, rather than robotics), and the 'racism' against augmented people (ala the sign "Augmented... enter through the back," also in the teaser). Interesting line of thinking. Thanks for bringing this up.

Vasarto
9th Apr 2008, 03:40
Ya I guess there would be alot of racisim against augmented people against
those whom are non aug. Im kinda all for the Non Augs though becuse I believe in the human potential that we have that nature gives us. So to
me the potential that nature gives us far ecceeds anything science will
ever obtain. Science can increase its speed and Alter the human body to
give it a new potential for strength and intelligance but it will always fall
short of what we will become after our evolution is truely over. That
evolution I speak of is not one Obscured and Deformed or Mutated by science but what we become by natures will.

...know what...they should add something like that in DX3...a non aug believers vs Aug believers Political thing in there.

Inane Mythos
9th Apr 2008, 05:47
They already handled the non-augs vs augs in DXIW with the Templars so it wouldn't be anything new. I just hope they can improve upon the politics of it instead of having said group just wipe out the other.

Have even higher tech in the game. Better robots. robot people like in i rbot. but i just really love these games. I love the futre and hate the past. does this make me a futureist. anyways id love to the our future turn out this way. i know i sound like every other fan but just think of what an impact this has on the world. Can companies steal these ideas and make them real. Make the perfect human tell me

I disagree with the "High-tech" thing. In DXIW they made everything too sci-fi and annihilated the atmosphere of Cyber Punk. If this is set to be a sequal then making robots would be a step backward in terms of AI technology. Being able to completely control the way the human body works and progresses via Nano-augmentation is far more "high-tech" than robots**. Sure guard robots could stay in but that's a moot point as they've always been in.

In my opinion the limbs in the concept art are merely early attempts at mech augmentation. Not Robot limbs. Another thing is the lab looks more like a bio lab where natural tissue (mainly man) would be worked on whereas robots (I'm sure) would be in a factory of sorts.

**On this point, who's to say that the volunteers for the nano/mech augmentation can't be turned against their will, after all scientists and the corparations are accessing their mind all the while the science is being done, Much like the Killswitch could kill you from the press of a button.

dxfan94
9th Apr 2008, 11:28
They already handled the non-augs vs augs in DXIW with the Templars so it wouldn't be anything new. I just hope they can improve upon the politics of it instead of having said group just wipe out the other.

I disagree with the "High-tech" thing. In DXIW they made everything too sci-fi and annihilated the atmosphere of Cyber Punk. If this is set to be a sequal then making robots would be a step backward in terms of AI technology. Being able to completely control the way the human body works and progresses via Nano-augmentation is far more "high-tech" than robots**. Sure guard robots could stay in but that's a moot point as they've always been in.

In my opinion the limbs in the concept art are merely early attempts at mech augmentation. Not Robot limbs. Another thing is the lab looks more like a bio lab where natural tissue (mainly man) would be worked on whereas robots (I'm sure) would be in a factory of sorts.

**On this point, who's to say that the volunteers for the nano/mech augmentation can't be turned against their will, after all scientists and the corparations are accessing their mind all the while the science is being done, Much like the Killswitch could kill you from the press of a button.

Ya I guess there would be alot of racisim against augmented people against
those whom are non aug. Im kinda all for the Non Augs though becuse I believe in the human potential that we have that nature gives us. So to
me the potential that nature gives us far ecceeds anything science will
ever obtain. Science can increase its speed and Alter the human body to
give it a new potential for strength and intelligance but it will always fall
short of what we will become after our evolution is truely over. That
evolution I speak of is not one Obscured and Deformed or Mutated by science but what we become by natures will.

...know what...they should add something like that in DX3...a non aug believers vs Aug believers Political thing in there.

Well sorry to say im all for Augmentations. We can be better than human. We could create a super race and perfect us as a whole. And like i said i think the templars would stay stationed in germany. The WTO/Order in America. We would be fighting who gets the other parts of the world. See? anyways maybe my robotos were a bad idea or maybe not. In my opinion DX 12 were great. i loved it in DXIW with the more sophisticated tech. and i dont see why DX3 wouldnt be even more sophisticated (if it were the game after DXIW)

Gary_Savage
10th Apr 2008, 02:15
Well, I don't like stuff that is too sci-fi. Sure, it's ironic, since I am trained as an engineer, but I don't like it when something gets too sci-fi. Even the whole premise of the game Half-Life-1 (teleportation and the place called Zen) were too much for me. As for the augmentations issue, I prefer all-natural human beings. Sure, that too may be ironic, coming from an engineer, but I'd rather drive a car, than have a V8 engine bolted onto me.

You see, I did not like DX1 for its sci-fi feel, I liked it for its immersive story, its cyberpunk atmosphere (I mean, a cruel world, where your actions can do some good), it's characters (particularly Paul; he, Harley Filben, and Leo Gold were the only ones I had met, when I decided to buy the game), and its stealth based gameplay. Of course, I was biased, in the sense that as soon as I recognized the tell-tale signs that this game's team had worked on the Thief series, I just knew it had to be a great game, and that I could look forward to reading many, many excerpts from real world books, and memos from NPCs, throughout the game. More importantly, by the time that I actually bought the game I had not yet tried any augmentations, besides the Infolink, and the flashlight (which I had already been familiar with, since Half-Life1). Deus Ex was just an insanely addictive game, for me, not a way to fantasize a world where people are augmented. Personally, I would rather that real world devices be wearable, rather than augmentations, say, in the case of the eye augmentations from DX1. From an engineering standpoint, I see the augmentations in a DX game as the fantasies of what capabilities a human being might aspire to have, rather than as what modifications a person might want to his/her body. In terms of capabilities, we need to dream, so that we may do.