PDA

View Full Version : Gameplay Crash?

TOTB
8th Apr 2008, 08:13
Hi all,
Well, progress is coming on slowly with my new level, but it is getting there!

I'm having a slight problem at the moment, during playback to test each new "thingy" that I build, if I jump into water, or try to shoot whilst moving, the tomb4.exe crashes back to the desktop...

Anyone have any ideas/solutions?

I've just upgraded to Vista (shudder) if that helps..

Many thanks

TOTB

Driber
8th Apr 2008, 08:37
I've just upgraded to Vista (shudder) if that helps..

no, that never helps :D

jumping into water and shooting your guns both make use of the DEFAULT_SPRITES, so I would start looking there.

First check if you have it included in your wad (they should be, or else the level wouldn't load at all, I think) and then try to remove them and insert a DEFAULT_SPRITES object from an official wad such as cleopal.was

TOTB
8th Apr 2008, 08:52
Ah, could be! Haha...

Righty, just added "default sprites" into the WAD... And now the level convertor is crashing when I try to convert the .TOM file?

TOTB
8th Apr 2008, 09:36
Ah, could be! Haha...

Righty, just added "default sprites" into the WAD... And now the level convertor is crashing when I try to convert the .TOM file?

Ooops, not to worry!

A bit of jiggery-pokery has sorted it! :D

Thanks for your help Driber :)

GeorgeMaciver
8th Apr 2008, 11:59
Wow thanks Driber, I hit the jumping into water crashing problem once and only solved it by deleting all the water rooms in the whole level heh heh. That level didn't have any problems with shooting though and the crashing problem with water was random :scratch:

I later thought it might have had to do with wrong toggle opacity (1 instead of 2 which I used to do because that's what it says in the manual) and flipmaps but never got to test it.

:thumbsup: