PDA

View Full Version : Easter Eggs from previous games?

raladin3d
19th Dec 2013, 00:51
Hey guys,
So I thought maybe an interesting idea that would bring lots of people great nostalgic memories is to somehow include a certain easter egg in the map or a character history from the previous Legacy of Kain games.
I honestly have no idea how it would be done, but I mean anything like a tomb of Raziel's brothers or Kain's original human self in a map or a song/sound/speech that can be activated after inputting some secret code or hitting some objects (like in gears of war).

Just thought of throwing this idea in, am not sure if it is a good 1 or not XD

thanks guys, and looking forward for the game :D

Ongan-San
19th Dec 2013, 06:42
Totally agreed. This game doesn't feel like a Legacy of Kain spin-off. It needs more references to the universe.

Violet-n-red
19th Dec 2013, 15:59
how about stuff that can be just found randomly on some maps? scemes/maps/arts of blood fountains and forges can be placed somewhere, rusted/broken sarafan swords, forge with copies of original 'living' Kain's armour, torn apart artifact cards, blood vials in little cages on pedestals being studied, colored skeletons walking behind the grate, ghosts near/inside houses, some pieces of Kain's armour lying somewhere, spectral world parts that can be seen only from specific places(like, rifts near planar portals that can't be accesed or things that can be seen through some weird colored water in, say, laboratories or through Lake of the Dead's waters), Kain briefly observing the battlefield for a few seconds at specific moment maybe, a scarf with Razielim clan's sign on a corpse, old ''wanted'' posters saying something about fanatics worshiping some kind of elder god...

Vampmaster
19th Dec 2013, 16:26
how about stuff that can be just found randomly on some maps? scemes/maps/arts of blood fountains and forges can be placed somewhere, rusted/broken sarafan swords, forge with copies of original 'living' Kain's armour, torn apart artifact cards, blood vials in little cages on pedestals being studied, colored skeletons walking behind the grate, ghosts near/inside houses, some pieces of Kain's armour lying somewhere, spectral world parts that can be seen only from specific places(like, rifts near planar portals that can't be accesed or things that can be seen through some weird colored water in, say, laboratories or through Lake of the Dead's waters), Kain briefly observing the battlefield for a few seconds at specific moment maybe, a scarf with Razielim clan's sign on a corpse, old ''wanted'' posters saying something about fanatics worshiping some kind of elder god...

Kain's armor? That would be a great future skin for the Dumahim. It would show their respect for their emperor's early exploits.

raladin3d
20th Dec 2013, 02:12
well I agree with both of you guys :) All of these ideas are great and I hope someone listens to us :P
I also thought of an easter egg that would appear only with the work of all team members? I don't want to take ideas out of other games :O but there was this easter egg from gears of war where you had to run in the mutliplayer map and hit like 5 objects and then activate leavers and all kind of stuff which would take like 5 mins or even more to activate the easter egg.
Personally I found that amazing and would most of the time chear the whole group and team members :)

But again, putting reference to the old Legacy of Kain series or even the soul reaver series would be much appreciated by the fans. I mean the game does really have lots of the loyal die hard fans who have been waiting for almost 18 years.... *man I feel old now* XD

Badmojoman
20th Dec 2013, 02:45
You could have an entire map be based in the Vampire Citadel. You could be jumping on the broken Pillars of Nozgoth to keep the human pestilence out. Have an old painting of Kain on the wall, images of the Reaver Blade carved into the doors.

Hell, it could have a room that Kain filled with all kinds of cool artifacts from the past. The shattered pieces of the Soul Reaver from another time could even be held on a pedestal.

While you are at it why not just have many areas that we know from the previous games be presented again as battlegrounds for you to fight in. Like the Ruins of Vorador's Mansion, the human stronghold from SR 1, the graveyard from Defiance, Sarafan Stronghold from SR 2 etc.

There are so many things the dev's are completely missing out on. By looking at the art so far, it feels as the art assets are just recycled from another game that was never even meant to be a LOK game at all.

SynthFetish
20th Dec 2013, 18:57
I noticed some art of Malek in the other days blog post.

raladin3d
21st Dec 2013, 10:16
I noticed some art of Malek in the other days blog post.

Oh, can you post the link? :)

RainaAudron
21st Dec 2013, 11:55
http://www.nosgoth.com/blog/sommerdamm-cown-of-human-civilisation-or-its-tomb

MadGeologist
26th Dec 2013, 06:36
I hope Coorhagen gets added as a playable map, complete with Kain's gargantuan statue and all.

YourWaywardDestiny
7th Jan 2014, 02:39
I hope Coorhagen gets added as a playable map, complete with Kain's gargantuan statue and all.

OMG yes.

Coorhagen could be a spectacular map. Imagine how hard the Humans would fight to keep their city of riches and Nobles and how much the Vampires would want Kain's human birth-place...

The_Hylden
7th Jan 2014, 05:32
Well, as noted Kain's already acquired this area and has his "gargantuan statue." The humans have long lost this place, probably by many centuries. So, if anything, this is a vampire city that the humans would fight to take over, not the other way around.

Yes, I too would like to see the map added, statue and all :)

lakdav
7th Jan 2014, 10:48
If there will be a map anywhere near the Pillars, Ariel must be there in some way or form. Even if only just a ghostly moan or a sigh.

Ravens that disappear in a greenish fog similar to the ravens in Soul Reaver 2 (depends if those ravens were specificly Voradors in some way)

Still having some mention of William the Just being slain by Kain, heroic mural or old propaganda poster or something. The statue of Moebious holding up Voradors head, rescued from the derelict Sarafan Sronghold if you dont want to make the actual stronghold a map itself.

A single room somewhere in a corner of a map where you can barely hear a distant chanting of "Hash-ak-gik, Hash-ak-gik"

RainaAudron
7th Jan 2014, 12:38
Ravens from SR2 were Vorador´s spies or instances of himself, so it wouldn´t make sense if they would appear in Nosgoth.

That statue of Moebius holding Vorador´s head would be a nice touch standing in some town.

ParadoxicalOmen
7th Jan 2014, 15:17
Ravens from SR2 were Vorador´s spies or instances of himself, so it wouldn´t make sense if they would appear in Nosgoth.

That statue of Moebius holding Vorador´s head would be a nice touch standing in some town.

Love this idea!!

Something simple that i would enjoy would be seeing some of the clan leaders's statues.