PDA

View Full Version : Stealth items concept ideas

Vasarto
2nd Apr 2008, 22:11
Anyone got any ideas for Stealth concept ideas or items?

I got one..Its an..item that can be placed or shot via sniper rifle that clings to robots..Example is a cleaning robot in a secret military base.
It has a camarah on it and it camo's itself so the device cannot be seen.

You can take controll of the robot via a remote screen on a mini computer and guide it to certain places to scout out the area.

My second idea is a Disguise Aug or Suit of armor. One that can scan an enemy's clothes and project them onto your body so that you have the same outfit as that person...like a guard.

Fake I.D's would be great for getting into secured area's.

Finnaly...Plenty of Vents and back doors to Crawl and walk through.

minus0ne
3rd Apr 2008, 11:12
I sort of like the disguise idea somewhat, however wouldn't it be a blatant copy of Hitman gameplay? (which is great, but totally different).

One thing that they should definately implement this time around is hiding bodies (unconcious or dead), that really dented stealth gameplay in DX. Enemy AI was always completely oblivious to bodies laying around in plain sight, which is ridiculous.

Vasarto
3rd Apr 2008, 17:50
I sort of like the disguise idea somewhat, however wouldn't it be a blatant copy of Hitman gameplay? (which is great, but totally different).

One thing that they should definately implement this time around is hiding bodies (unconcious or dead), that really dented stealth gameplay in DX. Enemy AI was always completely oblivious to bodies laying around in plain sight, which is ridiculous.

Oh ya...I don't think I ever noticed. Or at least I never cared enough to notice. So ya like in hitman where a dead body is sitting around if its discovered you should be able to hide it. Like maybe stuff it in a dumpster or behind a couch or somethin.

Inane Mythos
3rd Apr 2008, 18:52
I think in-game it was a hit or miss situation. Sometimes guards will notice bodies and sound an alarm, although most of the time they walk over it.

My second idea is a Disguise Aug or Suit of armor. One that can scan an enemy's clothes and project them onto your body so that you have the same outfit as that person...like a guard.
I quite like this idea, would certainly add a new element to the game. To balance it it should be treated like all armours and only be kept on for a short period of time, just enough to get passed a guard or something such as.

minus0ne
3rd Apr 2008, 19:07
Oh ya...I don't think I ever noticed. Or at least I never cared enough to notice. So ya like in hitman where a dead body is sitting around if its discovered you should be able to hide it. Like maybe stuff it in a dumpster or behind a couch or somethin.
No I meant that the Hitman series is based around disguise gameplay. To complete most missions you have to disguise yourself as waiters, guards, police etc. in order to get close enough to your targets. The disguise part is sort of the Hitman series' trademark.

I think in-game it was a hit or miss situation. Sometimes guards will notice bodies and sound an alarm, although most of the time they walk over it.
I've never had a guard even slightly alarmed by the presence of the body of one or even several of his colleagues, which was one of the few things in DX that broke the immersion especially for stealth players.

Inane Mythos
3rd Apr 2008, 19:32
I've never had a guard even slightly alarmed by the presence of the body of one or even several of his colleagues, which was one of the few things in DX that broke the immersion especially for stealth players.
Yes, it is quite rare to see but has been seen. If I recall it happened to me three or four times in my last playthrough.

Larington
4th Apr 2008, 19:58
I'm intrigued by the idea of a device you fire at bots, but I'd suggest the weapon that does the firing would more likely be a mini-crossbow or some form of pistol. Sniper rifles tend to be rather high powered so you'd risk smashing the object against the bot, at least in my mind you would.

Nathan2000
5th Apr 2008, 15:06
I'm intrigued by the idea of a device you fire at bots, but I'd suggest the weapon that does the firing would more likely be a mini-crossbow or some form of pistol. Sniper rifles tend to be rather high powered so you'd risk smashing the object against the bot, at least in my mind you would.

Something in form of Project: Snowblind's icepick, maybe? It let you hack into security systems and dominate bots from a distance.

Vasarto
5th Apr 2008, 17:50
Something in form of Project: Snowblind's icepick, maybe? It let you hack into security systems and dominate bots from a distance.

hmm..that too is good! But I want more james bond gadtis darnit! :lol:

Ok im only kidding though. @Larington- So in other words you say the rifle
may be too powerful. Well It could always be an item you can toss at the robot from a covered area. It could have a semi powerful magnet so when it touches it sticks. Also if the ceiling is metal or you have a metal object on above like a camara you can put up your own secret security network inside
of thier own. You'r own security camaras that could even detonate like how
that spy aug did in DX and take out electrical stuff.Since the Decice is gone and thier camara is out than that too could help when making an escape.

Of course hiding bodies too would be important as well. Maybe Add a little bit of Spliner Cell brand stealth like if your in a small hallway than you can jump and put both feel on the walls and climb up to the top and hide from enemy's from above while they walk down or crawl down and hide behind cover more effectively.Or more fun, Put your back to the wall and wait for someone to walk by and when they do you can grab them and hold them hostage, ask them questions about stuff or snap their neck.

Vasarto
2nd May 2010, 07:22
Eago umbgo Jora Kugah..Resurrection! I have resurrected an ancient thread from times of Yore! Let the talking Commence once more.

Decay
2nd May 2010, 09:16
There should be Cloak and Radar Transparency, and maybe an item that allows silent walking/running, like Stealth Sole or whatever we call it. Also maybe a few items that allow silent non lethal take downs, maybe a container with tranquillizer. And as an armor. What do you think about the one below?

http://www.bulgarov.com/images/old/bioarmor.jpg

IH-Denton
2nd May 2010, 09:39
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEm4EY4IWTI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKPVQal851U&feature=related

Decay
2nd May 2010, 09:46
LOOOOOOOOOL, how did they manage to achieve this?

Irate_Iguana
2nd May 2010, 12:06
TAnd as an armor. What do you think about the one below?

It looks like it has no freedom of movement. There is a distinct lack of joints. All the valleys and protrusions are bullet traps. Overall it looks more Aliens and less cyberpunk.

Decay
2nd May 2010, 19:49
Maybe it looks so, but in theory it is made of bio-muscle and therefore it imitates body muscles, therefore freedom of movements is great - wearing this you feel like you had a rubber like thin suit. Also, this bio armor can regenerate itself without a problem, and maybe even the body of its user. So it is pretty exact with Rene's description justifying health regen. Indeed it doesnt look cyber punk, but it could be easly turned into Deus Ex version of this armor - it's just the frame...

Blade_hunter
2nd May 2010, 21:23
This is just a concept art; why this should justify regenerating health ?
http://www.bulgarov.com/old.html

And even if Regenerating health exist, since there is some researches to make humans able to recover limbs and such things like the lizards when they loose their tail, nothing will make it like in Call of duty or rainbow six las vegas where we are damaged and hop we can take even more ...
The guy needs physical treatment.
When we are wounded, our wound will self cure, but the medicine, the banadages (so everything that can be found in a first aid kit) will accelerate the process of your health restoration.

Also the main arguments developed against regenerating health aren't the realism since both health methods are unrealistic.

Vasarto
3rd May 2010, 04:50
Some of those pictures are kinda cool.

JCpies
3rd May 2010, 11:59
Have explosive darts, you shoot it into a dog or cat and set it to explode when an enemy comes near.

JCpies
3rd May 2010, 12:01
This is just a concept art; why this should justify regenerating health ?
http://www.bulgarov.com/old.html

And even if Regenerating health exist, since there is some researches to make humans able to recover limbs and such things like the lizards when they loose their tail, nothing will make it like in Call of duty or rainbow six las vegas where we are damaged and hop we can take even more ...
The guy needs physical treatment.
When we are wounded, our wound will self cure, but the medicine, the banadages (so everything that can be found in a first aid kit) will accelerate the process of your health restoration.

Also the main arguments developed against regenerating health aren't the realism since both health methods are unrealistic.

I'm pretty sure the boobs justify regenerating health...

Blade_hunter
3rd May 2010, 12:10
Regenerating boobs all the way !!

Decay
3rd May 2010, 12:17
No no, when we lose the limb it should be over of the game - therefore all injuries are just minor wounds, scratches, bruises etc, no lost limbs omg!

JCpies
3rd May 2010, 12:17
Regenerating boobs all the way !!

You said it man!

Edit: what if you lose your boobs? do you die then?

Blade_hunter
3rd May 2010, 13:04
You said it man!

Edit: what if you lose your boobs? do you die then?

Yaaaarrrrgghh happens :lol:

Vasarto
5th May 2010, 17:03
Still think Tiny Spider spy drones would be cool. About the Size of a pea and has a Very long or infinite battery and a good long range...maybe a couple hundred feet. Can climb on walls, Ceilings and turn the camara so that its always upright if you wanted. 100% silent. You can spy on people and conversations. Have it go through tiny air ducts that you cannot go or reach rooms your not suppose to get into. It can hook up via a tiny wire into the usb and read info on computers or disks and take small amounts of info back to you or display it for you so you can read it.

Would be pretty stealthy and awesome IMHO

Blade_hunter
5th May 2010, 20:22
Stealth Items:

Sound dampener: Item that can hide every noise we can make, uses energy (more noise we do more energy it eats)
Thermoptic camo: nothing new on this, except it uses more energy when we move.
Connecting drone: a drone that can plug itself in a desired PC, it uses energy, good for hacking from short distance
Repel cord: not properly stealth, but can help on it.
Sniper camouflage: just helps in outdoors
A camouflage suit: makes us partially invisible
Silencer: a classic to hide the weapon's noises ...

Distraction:

Foot step simulator grenade: a remote grenade that can simulate the noise of somebody running to attract a guard in a wanted location
Whistling dart / arrow: whistles when launched
Using random objects for making noise.
Sonic cannon set in noise projection mode: same thing as the use of the LRAD
Being able to knock walls / doors for attracting guards

Visualization:

Infrared goggles: uses energy
Night vision goggles: uses energy
Remote walking spy drone: a wireless spider like drone that can climb walls and roofs to see everything, limited range, uses energy

JCpies
8th May 2010, 18:36
Boobs that disarm traps, I like it!

Blade_hunter
8th May 2010, 19:01
Don't forget the teet gun, the first weapon that combine massive distraction and massive destruction due to its twin barrel system :nut:
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/96/milk1d.jpg

coweater
10th May 2010, 07:38
I just want to see a cloaking biomod that doesn't switch off when you push the fire button.

JCpies
11th May 2010, 16:28
Don't forget the teet gun, the first weapon that combine massive distraction and massive destruction due to its twin barrel system :nut:
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/96/milk1d.jpg

I wouldn't mind seeing maggie chow take out a pair of 'em.

Blade_hunter
11th May 2010, 17:19
If it happened I would laugh a lot, even if she kill me when I see the surprise :lol: