PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Raider Online? Would you like to see it?

PokeWarrior
30th Mar 2008, 23:11
Who would like to see Tomb Raider go online?
To me, I would think it would destroy the Tomb Raider feel.
What about you?

Treeble
31st Mar 2008, 01:57
If done properly, could be where the future of Tomb Raider is.

aussie500
31st Mar 2008, 07:07
Never play online games, so would be of no interest to me. But yes most players do like playing online these days. Eidos could start with something small, a spot where the fans can post their stats or time trial times, or perhaps unlock extra content online as part of the rewards system.

Perhaps Eidos could somehow make money with an online level editor, put a few expert levels up for online single play or multiplayer to get it started. And then allow fans to build their own levels and put them up for playing, have voting for the best levels created, which can be added to a permanent Hall of Fame.

l am sure they will think of some way to get Tomb Raider online eventually.

uzigirl
7th Apr 2008, 10:09
I feel this would be an excellent idea if it can be achieved and also could be very popular. I would love this to happen! :cool:

Oh and it would depend on how much it would cost too. :p

Werner Von Croy
7th Apr 2008, 10:12
I feel this would be an excellent idea if it can be achieved and also could be very popular. I would love this to happen! :cool:

Oh and it would depend on how much it would cost too. :p

Very true I remember when Resident Evil Outbreak came out Capcom shut down the servers for online play last year as it was becoming far to costly for them

NightRain'06
16th Apr 2008, 23:51
Initially, when I read this title, I was against it. Now I'd like to see Lara VS Lara VS Lara, etc. Death Matches. :lol:
Who is THE best Lara Croft ?

[ Wow... :p ]

Tara C
17th Apr 2008, 09:09
If there was say bonus levels online then yerr go for it but apart from that noo i dont want it to happen really because lara is the only character to play and you cant really go head to head with lara on lara in my opinion but depends how ya feel really.

LisaB1962
17th Apr 2008, 12:55
What I'd like to see is down loadable content. New levels, costumes, weapons---why not?

import_craziej2k
17th Apr 2008, 13:12
I would, the idea of racing someone through a tomb seems quite appealing. It'd have to be well thought out and planned to work properly though.

Mangar The Dark
17th Apr 2008, 19:52
The only way I could see them doing multiplayer would be if they made co-op levels-- two Laras helping each other get through a level (ex. One Lara holds a lever so the other Lara can get through a door. Then when that Lara gets through the door, she opens a grate so the other one can get in.) That might be interesting, as it would lead to new puzzle ideas. It would be like Project Eden, but instead of one player switching between characters to perform tasks, you would actually have two players playing simultaneously, working together to get through situations that a single player couldn't.

*Heckler*
17th Apr 2008, 20:41
I think it might be quite fun actually.....I just dont think multiplayer or co-op might be successful at all.....unless its like a boss fight where your online opponent can be the evil boss.....on the other hand.....its Tomb Raider....not Tekken. lol.... so I doubt the whole fighting scenario would ever mount to something.....I love playing Tomb Raider with the feeling that Lara is in a secluded place all by herself anyways...

mimi90
18th Apr 2008, 14:21
The only way I could see them doing multiplayer would be if they made co-op levels-- two Laras helping each other get through a level (ex. One Lara holds a lever so the other Lara can get through a door. Then when that Lara gets through the door, she opens a grate so the other one can get in.) That might be interesting, as it would lead to new puzzle ideas. It would be like Project Eden, but instead of one player switching between characters to perform tasks, you would actually have two players playing simultaneously, working together to get through situations that a single player couldn't.

not so sure about two laras... maybe another character? But if it was done properly, i think it could really work well... how about one person palyin lara, the other a villian (e.g Rutland, Natla) that would be cool.

Mangar The Dark
18th Apr 2008, 14:53
not so sure about two laras... maybe another character? But if it was done properly, i think it could really work well... how about one person palyin lara, the other a villian (e.g Rutland, Natla) that would be cool.

Yeah, I know two Laras would be a bit odd. Actually, I had hoped AOD would use Kurtis Trent the way Project Eden used its multiple characters (i.e.-- switch control between Kurtis and Lara during a level.) For example, maybe Lara is more agile, and Kurtis is stronger, so Kurtis could lift a heavy object blocking a path, allowing Lara to get through. Then Lara could scale a wall that Kurtis couldn't climb, and she could lower a rope for him. I really think the idea of using two characters, each with different strengths/weaknesses, could open up new possibilities, and it's the only way I'd really have any interest in a multi-player TR game.

Hmmm... I should replay Project Eden one of these days. That was a really clever game.

Werner Von Croy
18th Apr 2008, 15:12
I don't know how it would work, maybe you could unlock some sort of bonus level where you can compete with other players during time trial, or as Mangar said perhaps where you could have one version of Lara aiding the other with pressure pads and levers, another idea would be to edit levels like they did with the original TR games where you can aid one another to build levels and play them for other players worldwide?:scratch:

NightRain'06
20th Apr 2008, 18:14
What I'd like to see is down loadable content. New levels, costumes, weapons---why not?
That could be possible. Who knows ?
GTA IV will have DLC for both consoles. I know for 360 they definitely will have it. I'm unsure about PS3 version. :scratch:

Mate
20th Apr 2008, 21:51
TR online gaming should be fun. I'd be cool if they added online "minigames" as they did in TR LEGEND for PSP. Races to get the rewards or things like that..maybe there could also be online fights, using different colour laras (outfits) or something that way...
Maybe race using motorbikes or other vehicles, "Who kills more enemies in a time given", "CO-OP" , etc

LaraCroftRox
21st Apr 2008, 10:24
I agree that it would be horrible. :mad2:

quick-cookie
21st Apr 2008, 15:24
well... Lara crof with online co-op would b fun, Lara and Another character working together to complete extra hard levels that would never be possible to complete on your own.

Any1 played RE0? it was not co-op but if it was it would b awsome.

But then again there is lotts of co-op games already, but tomb raider co-op would b so awsome.

_Tomb_Raider_
24th Apr 2008, 17:19
NO, NO and NO!

I love Tomb Raider as a game not like online game....

mimi90
27th Apr 2008, 10:39
NO, NO and NO!

I love Tomb Raider as a game not like online game....

that's fair... but if it went online it would bew able to develop more...

Anarae
27th Apr 2008, 15:17
No. The game would only be alive as long as subscriptions were going. Tomb Raider 1- Anniversary are kind of immortal as long as the console you're playing them on works. Tomb Raider 1 is ten years old, but people still play it because it works on their Playstation, PC, or whatever they're playing on. An online game wouldn't last ten years, so you could only experience it as long as it was making money. It would be a bummer because the experience is time limited.

Just sayin'.

TDK
27th Apr 2008, 16:45
Nah i dnt want to this is a type of game dosent work for online

imported_ViNi__
27th Apr 2008, 18:07
I think it could be fun, if the game were build correctly
It could be fun explore a huge ruin, full of traps and some enemies, within a group of 4 ~5 people (max)
Secrets, areas that could be only passed by with team cooperation, custom characters with new gadgets never seen in the games.... :)
But if it were full of people everywere, and all the time, I think it would lose the "Tomb Raider" essence :(

loopy111
26th Jul 2008, 02:31
that would be perfect for tomb raider mabey underworld since some problems with the past games include replay value and time it would be perfect they make tomb raider battle create a player male or female and battle through levels created by users so youll have something extra to do in the game great idea they should use it

Treeble
26th Jul 2008, 02:49
Don't hold your breath, though. Underworld has been confirmed to not have any sort of multiplayer experience: Lara is unique in what she does. As a spin off where Lara Croft is a NPC, a multiplayer online (even a MMO ala The Matrix Online) could work, however I don't think this will ever be implemented into the mainstream games. :)

LaraCroftRox
26th Jul 2008, 13:32
I agree that it would be horrible. :mad2:

Okay I'm qouting myself, because that seemed a bit horribele... what I mean is that it would leave out the TR fans who dont have internet etc.. and it would ruin the fell of it, you know what I mean? :scratch:

rg_001100
27th Jul 2008, 01:36
If done properly, could be where the future of Tomb Raider is.

It could potentially to the playing experience. Sure, people can replay throught the games and replay levels, but apart from a few different things the experience is mostly the same in replays. Having a dynamic online environment (2 player) I could see being different each time, raiding with/against different raiders to get an artefact. Some things could be very cool. It would be quite tricky to get right, though.

Well... I can see new levels and costumes... new weapons might be a bit odd, because the ammo types in the "normal" levels wouldn't change... it's a good idea though.

I would, the idea of racing someone through a tomb seems quite appealing. It'd have to be well thought out and planned to work properly though.

I can see this working well, if planned & implemented properly & carefully.

The only way I could see them doing multiplayer would be if they made co-op levels-- two Laras helping each other get through a level (ex. One Lara holds a lever so the other Lara can get through a door. Then when that Lara gets through the door, she opens a grate so the other one can get in.) That might be interesting, as it would lead to new puzzle ideas.

The co-op game would have to be separate from the main game... or an alternate story line or something. This would be cool.

I can see the idea of a "raider profile" for either of these (last two) ideas... like how many tombs you raided, artefacts collected, co-op levels done, leading to rewards like more powerful pistols, more grenades, healthpacks, etc.

NightRain'06
12th Sep 2008, 03:12

I agree. That'd be great. I'm one of those rare people who have NOT unlocked or collected everything because I don't feel motivated to. I've completed Anniversary once and haven't returned to get everything.

Therefore, IF Underworld DLC is possible, I'm speculating that maybe there could be requirements so they'll prevent me from using them. :lol: