PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding water in maps

GeorgeCST
18th Dec 2013, 18:57
I saw in the new trailer that the Turelim fellow can push with his charge and i also saw the maps had water (it was in a port) so basically, what happens when players fall into water? Can humans swim and vampires burn? Or is there an invisibile collision wall so that you can't fall in the water?

Psyonix_Eric
18th Dec 2013, 20:03
We've pushed all major bodies of water into the out of bounds for this very purpose. We didn't want it to be something where vampires would take damage, or instantly die if in a large enough body of water that you have to get around, because that imbalances things for them. There is one map where the vampires are able to fly out over the water, but they will instantly die if they fall into it. Humans aren't able to get out over the water.

Razaiim
18th Dec 2013, 21:09
there are some instances where a fatal attack from some skills can send a human in to water (the attack kills them not the water)

Psyonix_Eric
18th Dec 2013, 21:13
there are some instances where a fatal attack from some skills can send a human in to water (the attack kills them not the water)

Yeah, I could see that. When the characters die they go into a ragdoll state (because watching a vampire slide off of a roof is SUPER fun to watch) and sometimes they can pass through the collision walls. But being killed instantly by being dropped or knocked into water is not fun.

Umbralim
19th Dec 2013, 04:21
Yeah, I could see that. When the characters die they go into a ragdoll state (because watching a vampire slide off of a roof is SUPER fun to watch) and sometimes they can pass through the collision walls. But being killed instantly by being dropped or knocked into water is not fun.

True that would be irritating, but I'd still like to see water integrated as a weapon for humans in some way, Especially since some people feel Vamps are Overpowered. maybe wells, or Aqueducts, bucket of water sitting precariously on a door sill, just some ideas. :D

GeorgeCST
19th Dec 2013, 09:52
Then, if the maps are made with water not being accessible it means that the Rahabim will most likely not have any abilities that revolve around big pools of water. Still i've seen some good ideas on the rahabim thread.

Vampmaster
19th Dec 2013, 11:07
It would be good to get some sort of environmental damage in the levels though. Maybe some levels could fountains or spikes or fires you could push enemies into. Maybe humans (and Rahabim) would be immune to water based traps, but vulnerable to other types.

RainaAudron
19th Dec 2013, 11:53
Hm... if there would be Rahabim as a class, I think Nachtholm would be a great place for them (maybe should let you choose only Sentinel and Rahabim as classes for that map since Dumahim and Turelim might have troubles getting around). Since we do not know exactly when it was flooded, so there could be bodies of water already... I can imagine this as an interesting idea. Maybe add some kind of an event where humans have to stop the flooding the land as vampires try to destroy the supporting pillars of a dam or something like that...

Vampmaster
19th Dec 2013, 12:38
It's probably not practical to have water deep enough to swim, but maybe the area you said could have water shallow enough to wade through. The Termagant Forest swamp from SR2 might also be a good area (trees should be dying in this era). It could also be raining in some areas.

There have been plenty of abilities suggested for the Rahabim that don't require water at all, so it even if some of the above isn't practical, shouldn't be a reason to leave them out. I did like the idea someone suggested about forcing water into a human's lungs, though.