PDA

View Full Version : My Problem With Waiting

AaronJ
27th Mar 2008, 16:45
I waited for Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith for a full year. I waited for Spider-Man 3 for 2 years By the time ROTS came out, I knew the full plot and was expecting a fantastic movie. When Spider-Man 3 came out, I had analyzed the trailers and was really excited for a great movie.

Both films SUCKED.

And after I'd watched them, I realized that years of waiting were only for a few hours of terrible film.

Now, after these two horrendous experiences, I can't wait for Deus Ex 3 in good faith. I'll drop by when big updates appear, but I never liked these little interviews anyway.

Xcom
27th Mar 2008, 16:53
I think you're doing too much analyzing. Trailers are just not meant to be analyzed. LOL!

jordan_a
27th Mar 2008, 17:26
We're probably two years away from the release, one should really think of something other than video games.:whistle:

v.dog
27th Mar 2008, 18:29
It's not the waiting that ruined it for you, it's the expectations. If you allowed yourself to get caught up in all the hype, watching all the rose-tinted trailers (they all are) then you'll have unrealistic expectations.

Personally, I like to glean as much information as I can, looking at it critically and reading between the lines, trying to find reasons to keep my enthusiasm in check (without going too far the other way).

I'll admit tho', Spiderman3 blew even more than I expected. :(

Draco1979
27th Mar 2008, 23:17
um spiderman in gen when it comes to the movies blew balls. I loved the cartoon but the movie just didnt do me any good. just seemed a lil goody tusho for me

AaronJ
28th Mar 2008, 05:27
I don't have high expectations for Deus Ex 3 (yet) anyway. Not many people do. I'd say the majority of people already with high expectations are those who weren't around when we were doing this for IWar.

Romeo
28th Mar 2008, 06:36
I have realistically high expectations. Eidos is fairly trustworthy in terms of quality, especially the Deus Ex series. But yes, waiting does have an irritating habit of causing impossibly high expectations. Good luck, Gears of War 2. =)

IceBallz
29th Mar 2008, 06:37
Those who wait for something great, never wait to long. :D

I hope only that's true...

Romeo
29th Mar 2008, 07:13
Cute quote, but unforgivably inaccurate. To wait for something good, you usually DO have to wait quite a while. lol

Smoke Screen
29th Mar 2008, 12:57
Im not waitin`only to get disappointed.
I had this in the past a couple times.
Ive learned.
What comes out in the end we will see.
I only hope that the devs can realize what
they want without interference from "above"
because that was one thing the DX1
Team had: piece of mind and secured financing.

WildcatPhoenix
30th Mar 2008, 18:16
The reason for my relative optimism comes from the small pieces of info we've gotten from Eidos Montreal. The fact that they are acknowledging many of the failures of Invisible War, that the team is composed of Deus Ex fans who specifically requested that their first project be DX3, these two things give me a reason to hope.

Now whether or not they live up to such statements remains to be seen. I don't think any of us will be able to truly pass judgment on the project until some final build screenshots and/or a demo is released.

-Wildcat