PDA

View Full Version : Deus Ex3: Players character

Tech Sergeant Kaplan
26th Mar 2008, 13:07
Who will it be? any thoughts? Oh they should have luminescent eyes ad wear shades whoever they are, and that cool blue metallic line things on their forehead like simmons and the dentons :]

Kevyne-Shandris
26th Mar 2008, 21:56
Who will it be? any thoughts? Oh they should have luminescent eyes ad wear shades whoever they are, and that cool blue metallic line things on their forehead like simmons and the dentons :]

Wonder how much of the DX style they'll incorporate into the new game? From the banner on top, I do notice the outline is the default Starlight blue color (will we have color choices like before, like Starlight blue?).

What I liked about the UI was that it was detailed, not just blocks. The frame around the blocks had that techno/mech look. Ornamentation I haven't seen since, much like the text logo for Deus Ex.

It's the little details that make DX classy and unique. If not only the UI, the neuro-channels that you've mentioned. My avatar at Gamespot, I made sure to highlight them, as they're like tattoos that distinguishes the characters from other franchises.

The character details I'd like to see is if they bring back Walter Simmons as some clone, that his voice will be the same. It was so unique and cold, not synthesized yet not human, either. To JC's "Just the facts, ma'am" professionalism personality. To the weird but subtle humor of Hermann (him liking orange, and not lemon-lime).

Will JC still have his trench coat and stylized armor and shades? It's his trademark dress, and it'll be hard to see him wearing anything else (like adopting some paintball dress; or HALO outfit).

This is one game where continuity has to include something from the past as we know it. We've become very attached to the old, because that's all we had all these years, all that we can relate too. I'm afraid that too much of a change would alienate the core fans, much like changing the formula Coca-Cola did for Coke drinkers (and the revolt it also caused). Change is fine for weapons and new levels, but decking JC as some metrosexual with a spiked hairdo who holds a weapon gangsta style, with no options for us to play him as a redhead or even an albino, will just kill the game. The kiddie market of new players marketeers try so much to get (15 to 21 year-olds) doesn't stick around to mod and breathe life into the game between installments. This franchise is a tad older, the group that actually played the cyberpunk games from the 80s/90s, likes reading books, and likes the genre.

The DX2 team made the mistake of making it too Star Trekish, to the point that the cyberpunk theme didn't even exist. DX worked as it was in a believeable future with weapons that's plausible in 50 years. When the scenery and augs start having that 23rd century outlook, it's no longer Mad Max, it became Bladerunner.

Tech Sergeant Kaplan
2nd Apr 2008, 13:24
So they need to keep the feel of the old game, definatley. I'm tires of playing kids games. Or games dumbed down for kids. If they do this to DX:3 I will go postal.

But they need to have a good balance between old and new, so the series still feels fresh but has that nostalgic, warm feeling like an old favorite hat or something. Simmons or someone like him would be very cool, but as most of the old cast is dead new folks will have to take there place, like you said, a clone of simmons would be good, younger and deadlier. But yes I really dig the blu 'channles' ion their face and their glowing eyes. What was so good about the original was that even though these folks were heavily auged they still felt and seemed human, they all had a personality. Lets hope for the best.

I hated alex D!!!

Vasarto
2nd Apr 2008, 21:20
Definatly have a part of the game playing as paul denton. Maybe see what his side of the story was like before JC came along?

auric
3rd Apr 2008, 03:50
For all we know, we got a non-aug character, lol
:D

Vasarto
3rd Apr 2008, 17:47
For all we know, we got a non-aug character, lol
:D

Do you realize how much that would suck eggs? uckf I would HATE it if they got rid of that since Augs is like 20% of the reason I loved the game so much.