PDA

View Full Version : TR:U on PS3>Xbox360?

LaraLara
26th Mar 2008, 02:14
Wait, don't flame me yet!

I just want to know which console I should buy to play TR:U on, because I've accepted the reality that the PC version will never look nearly as good.

Will the PS3 version have better graphics and smoother gameplay than the Xbox360 version because of it's superior hardware? Or will they be virtually identical in visuals and performance? (Like many other multiplatform releases)?

rabid metro
26th Mar 2008, 05:11
... while waiting ...

a comment: shouldn't computer quality at least rival the consoles (assuming decent hardware)?

i'm hoping underworld makes it to the mac ...
and the wii may not have the superior graphics but i wonder if it has the computing power?
the wii doesn't need the flourishes, just a solid port would be nice.

*rabid ponders the meaning of "community"*
*rabid steps aside and takes a shower, just in case*
Raid On!
:cool:

aussie500
26th Mar 2008, 08:51
Cannot say l am expecting a big difference in the graphics between the PS3 and XBox360, they will probably be the same with the PC as usual not as good, since it will be just a port. :( Which console do you prefer for extra online content, do you like the PS3 controller, or a normal controller.

Werner Von Croy
26th Mar 2008, 13:15
Well both PS3 and X box 360's have rather came down in price after the Xmas fiasco, I would go for PS3 personally but it's whatever you feel comfortable with that counts

Gamer4Lyfe
26th Mar 2008, 17:16
Good question. We'll have to wait & see.

I can tell you personally that TRA for the PC is way better graphically than on the Xbox 360 version. I have both so I know. Trust.

~G4L~

Tomb-Dude
26th Mar 2008, 19:16
Who said PC graphicvs wont be that good...
PC's are better then consoles as they are constantly always being upgraded new hardware better graphics... Better then both PS3 and XBox360...May be strong consoles but they have there limits eventually, just like old PC's.
The new the PC the better it will be, and the better the graphics card the better the game will play and the graphics enhanced.

For me honestly i would go for a PC and a PS3.
PS3 i think will be better then Xbox 360 as i read on Tombnews.com a while back that SONY CD are still pushing it's limets and is letting them do more then the microsoft console, or something along those sort of lines. But it was a while since i read it :D

digifan
27th Mar 2008, 16:12
Franky I prefer to see TRU as an exclusive to the PS3 but that would dismiss Tomb Raider's roots on the PC. IMO graphics is better on the PS3 than the X360. I'll give the X360 points for control format though. NTL I'm planning to get the PC and PS3 version of this game. I wonder if it will be release for the Wii as well.

rabid metro
27th Mar 2008, 16:54
... I wonder if it will be release for the Wii as well...

i suppose they could have changed their mind about various ports (http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/headlines3383.html). :whistle:
:cool:

LaraLara
27th Mar 2008, 19:24
Oh man the DS version is going to suck both graphically and gameplay-wise. All hardcore game ports to DS all fail since DS is mainly a casual handheld.

Same with the Wii, it doesn't enough graphical/processing power to handle next-generation game environment.

Btw, There's no way in hell the PC version of TR:A looked better than the Xbox 360 version because evenTR:L on PC with its 'next-gen' content applied couldn't compare to the Xbox360's TR:L.

Verios
27th Mar 2008, 23:14
PS3 and Xbox360 versions will be almost identical (PS3 will probably have improved loading times however). The only thing PS3 has going for it over Xbox right now is Blu-Ray.

I wouldn't be so quick to count out the PC version either (provided they don't do a ****ty port like they did with Legends Next-Gen) as there are several features you can often turn on (Higher AA, AF than consoles .. resolutions, etc.) that can improve the look, far surpassing consoles.

LaraLara
28th Mar 2008, 20:01
BTW, they're not making a port on the psp?

Can PS3 play PS2 games? If it can, I'm definitely getting it. So many of my fave games are on the PS2.

Joshorty
2nd Apr 2008, 22:17
Sadly not on PSP..even though they can make one for DS. They could have done some kind of special connectivity between the PS2/PS3 version with it :(

Well anyway, it really depends, LaraLara. Before these next-gens, do you have Lara's games from the PS1 generation 'til the Ps2? If you do, get the PS3 therefore you can still play them back on the PS3 for old times sake + plus you can not only upscale them to HD but the Ps2 games loads faster on the PS3 :D Don't know why they left out the enhancements on PS1 loading speed and graphics like they did with Ps2 though so you're gonna have to deal with the pixels again :( (remember, 40GB version can not playback old PS/2 games so go after the 80GB). And of course, Underworld for PS3 - what more to say?

Otherwise everything I said up t here, get the 360 version. And also, X360 does have slight better graphics in terms of lighting and some effects but other then that, it's not something you'll cry all over the floor for :) I'm not sure what else there is to it since I own a PS3 so I say no more (and just to say also, don't mean to light a flame :( :) )

NightRain'06
4th Apr 2008, 05:27
You know what ? You're correct to assume that PS3 and 360 versions could be similar graphically.

But I don't know. In my view, since they've already had practice with Legend on 360, they could possibly push the hardware to its limit this time around.

Whereas on the PS3 front, it's their first trek into it. Granted, they could have plenty of time to familiarize themselves with the hardware, but my guess is they will utilize some of its potential and in the next iteration, push this console to its limit. Unless they will try to push it for this game.

Personally, I think it'll be equal or close to it. :scratch:

Regarding load times, I've heard and read, as I'm sure some of you have as well, that prior to playing PS3's Devil May Cry 4, it must be installed and took 23 minutes. Game reviewers and other players have said because of the install, there's virtually no load times or none at all.

Maybe PS3 version of Underworld could be this way too ? Who knows...

RUGRLN
6th Apr 2008, 09:01
Well they may not be different. You see I think it would be unfair for 360 users to get graphics that aren't the same as PS3, because it shows the PS3 game was developed more properly, and that means you pay same for 360 and get less.

Not in terms of graphics quality, but in terms of features, let's say reflections on objects. In this way, if PS3 has reflections and 360 not [I knw the both will, just giving an examples], it's unfair for 360 users. Thats why I guess all 360/PS3 games have been the same, and not different. See Turok, ProStreet, Burnout: Paradise, and others...

Joshorty
6th Apr 2008, 16:13
^now those differences WILL MATTER. I remember hearing some games can not be ported to 360 since they can not 'handle' it (now again, I'm not trying to light a flame :) ) and the PS3 can...I wonder how big of it that caused the issue. Regardless, I'm sure this game will have their differences in a minor sense.

But differences like the PS3's six-axis controller is a difference 360 users will have to accept if Crystal plans on using that feature (which I believe they said they will).

Regarding load times, I've heard and read, as I'm sure some of you have as well, that prior to playing PS3's Devil May Cry 4, it must be installed and took 23 minutes. Game reviewers and other players have said because of the install, there's virtually no load times or none at all.

Maybe PS3 version of Underworld could be this way too ? Who knows...
I totally forgot about that :D I'm just wondering how big of a size it'd be for installation...well I hot my 80GB hard drive and it's not even close to being 20% of storage used :D

Now this people will have to accept when buying another version but hey, I'd still be satisfied. I mean I had Legend on Ps2 and enjoyed it a lot, even if load times are slower than Xbox and PC (way slower compared to my PS2 with PC :D ). But then again, there are some people who find Legend on PS2 load 'forever'. I find it alright personally unless it's like 30+ seconds...