PDA

View Full Version : Thing I want to see come bake in TRU

Cherry Hardy
24th Mar 2008, 00:24
Examples from the old Tomb Raider games, she did not always walk away perfectly fine to start a new level, some times things went wrong. Like plane going down, or knocked out by opposing people, so some levels she was not where she wanted to be or she was missing her guns. So she had little detours that were not always, so little, about three to four levels long. Sometimes in side the level they will have inside level movie flicks within the level they will just be some person she ran into and they started talking and than the person she was talking to will be after something she pick up like an artifact, a key, ect… and she gets it stolen and than have to get it back. That also lead to a detour within the level at the same time gave us a little movie flick instead of a story just to keep something going on in the game were there was no story. Levels are never a straight shot in TR games. Sometimes she will come to a door were she needs a key or artifact to put in the door to open it and will find the door at one end of the level. And fine the key or artifact some were else in the level and have to go and get that item to open the door. And just to get that item was not always a straight shot she will have to clime things kill things get through traps and through other objects in the level just to get the key or artifact she need for that door. And still have a lot more thinks to do. Not to mention that there was still that detour she was on that she still has to get through the detour level just to get back to her mission she was doing. That detour of it self is 3-5 levels of it own and them back to the mission she was doing. So there was always so many things she had to do within a level and the detour she will get in on the way. This is just an idea that levels was not so plain there was so much to do within the level and it was so big to. Good story line will get you lots of levels like 25 or more levels in the whole game. These are things I will like to see come bake in TRU and in other TR games as well. Play TR 1-6. and you will start to see what I mean. Hug levels long and lost to do. As well as lost of levels within the game.
:eek:

jordoz12
24th Mar 2008, 17:32
If they put 25 levels into TRU that would nearly put an end to the other upcoming TR games, Eidos doesnt want to use the same place twice, they want new and fresh areas but they have already used a lot of those and are running out. they could still do the 25+ level thing and just remake the old TR games but most remakes of videogames arnt that great, the best one I've played is Resident Evil for gamecube. all the other things you added sound fantastic.

Werner Von Croy
24th Mar 2008, 17:34
If they put 25 levels into TRU that would nearly put an end to the other upcoming TR games, Eidos doesnt want to use the same place twice, they want new and fresh areas but they have already used a lot of those and are running out. they could still do the 25+ level thing and just remake the old TR games but most remakes of videogames arnt that great, the best one I've played is Resident Evil for gamecube. all the other things you added sound fantastic.

Resident evil remake is fantastic, those crimson heads had me on my toes let me tell you :lol:

LisaB1962
24th Mar 2008, 21:18
I don't think the games should avoid revisiting areas so long as the levels are fresh and new. Also, who said there could only be one level per place? In the original TR games, there were several levels in a single "place" like Greece or the Maria Doria, and all were independent ideas with that never seemed repetitive--to me.

lara's_bro
25th Mar 2008, 00:32
there is too much to read lol so i'm just gonna say that i don't mind lara revisiting places, in fact there are some places i really want her to go back to. especially if the original games are not gonna be remade, the great wall for a start, i won't go on lol

rabid metro
25th Mar 2008, 02:59
If they put 25 levels into TRU that would nearly put an end to the other upcoming TR games, Eidos doesnt want to use the same place twice, they want new and fresh areas but they have already used a lot of those and are running out...

They? ... are running out??

20 levels would be ideal in a tomb raider game.
that could be 5 areas with 4 levels in each area.

throw in a story-ending climax level and you've got blackjack ...
:cool:

Bampire
25th Mar 2008, 04:07
What I'd like to see are levels that don't last you 10 minutes or less to finish. We need long, interesting and challenging levels. It'd be nice if they added one more location to the game. I wouldn't mind seeing the same location, different level, though!

Fickji
25th Mar 2008, 16:34
I miss the whole find the key puzzles. It was like find the cogs and lead bars in TRA. It was missing in TRL. If she's going to scoot around these places she's going to pick up things to use in other parts of the levels.

That was the whole point of TR2. She didn't have the key when she first visited China so she had to go to Venice, under the sea, Tibet and than go back to China to use the key to get to that tomb.

And older TRs weren't one leveled like TRL. They had multiple levels for a single location. It made it more difficult as well as fun.

They won't run out of places and areas, nor storylines. There are enough myths and legends to fill 10 games. Ark of the covenant, holy grail, big foot, grimm fairy tales(they were based on peoples real fears), come on their must be more than just what we've seen. CD gets paid for this sort of thinking and as long as the ideas keep comeing the developers will keep making games.

Besides theres that show Cities of the Underworld. With that kind of information I'm sure Lara can find areas to explore.
Chicago, Dublin, Hong Kong, Sidney, San Francisco, New York (Natural History Museum), Mexico, Canada... ;)

JordG
10th Apr 2008, 13:24
What I Didn't Like About TRL Is That There Was Only 8 Levels So It Made The Gameplay Short, I Think They Should Increase The Levels A Bit More Make Them Longer Or Increase The Levels To Like 15 Or 20 But Not To Go Over The Top Like 30 Cause I Think That Would Make The Game Drag A Little And Be A Little Pointless, I Think They Should Have A Wider Selection Of Weapons And Let Us Do A Lil More With The Grappling Hook Like Help Us In Combat For Instance Hook It Round There Feet N' Trip Um Up So We Have An Advantage On The Componant:)... I Would Love A Wider Selection Of Outfits Like Legend Had Maybe Some More Like All The Costumes Lara Ever Wore Even In The Films I Loved The Snow Suit And The Evening Ripped They So Difficult Like Give You A Small Amount Of Time I Think They Should Give Us A Reasonable Amount Of Time But Still Make It Challenging:)... The Motorbike I Loved I Think That They Should Let Us Use More To Help Us With The Missions Like Say Lara Couldn't Make This Jump Because It Was Too Far, So She Could Use The Motorbike To Help Her Get Across, I Think We Should Be Able To Bust Down Doors With It Iswell So Say Lara Goes Flat Out Going 100 MPH At The Door And She Jumps Off AT THe Last Second The Door Breaks Down N Lara Is Unharmed That Would BE COOL! I Think That We Should Be Able To Attack Enemy's With It Like In The First Tomb Raider Film Where Her Mansion Is Under Attack Her At The Garage Scence Where She Does A Stoppie And The MotorBike Swings Round And Hits The Enemy To The Floor Then She Lands I THINK WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO DO THAT THAT WOULD BE EXCELLENT!... The Jeep I Didn't Mind To Much But It Did Get Annoying!... I Think We Should Be Able To Use The Grappling Hook To Help Us Get To A High Ledge So Say Lara Was On THe Ground And She Comes To The Temple... The Doors Locked.. It's Too Strong For Her To Use The Motorbike To Bust It Down And Nothing else Can Help Her So She Uses Her Grappling hook Swings It To The Roof Of THe Temple And Uses The Grappling Hook as a Kinda Rope n There Is A Gap That LAra Can Squeeze Through at The Roof THAT WOULD BE COOL;)... I Think THe Grappling Hook Should Help Us Get Around Corners so say lara is hanging on the ledge and she looks round the corner and theres a ledge she cnt reach but if she swung her grappling hook she could swing round the corner i would enjoy that very much... nothing else to say:)

Mangar The Dark
10th Apr 2008, 18:05
And older TRs weren't one leveled like TRL. They had multiple levels for a single location. It made it more difficult as well as fun.

In a way, though, they did the same thing in TRL, it just wasn't as obvious. Peru, for example, was really multiple levels. You had the village, then the motorcycle chase, the flashback, the present day, etc. Same thing with Kazakstan-- there was the base, then the motorcycle, and then that last bit (I forget what it was called-- the indoor part.) Granted, it was still a lot smaller than the older games.

jayjay119
11th Apr 2008, 00:50
I wouldn't Mind Lara re-visiting old area's as long as you weren't doing the old level all over again with a 5 minute extra are just to get to some door we 'missed on the last visit!'

Besides the whole re-visiting old area's seems to work in TR. TRL was full of them, Peru and Nepal etc. Plus I sorta get the feeling that Lara has been to St Francis Folly before (before TR1/TRA) because in the cut-scene in Natla's office in TRA she knows what it is without Pierre saying the name!

Revisits are good, IF they are done properly!