PDA

View Full Version : Nano robots and bug drones in game ?

IceBallz
23rd Mar 2008, 14:54
What you belive in in nano robots or bug drones in game or what you name those things. Like those we seen in the movie "Minority Report". Just to set the spying element even more greater and advanced in game. These can crawl under the doors, under tables, under sofas and just record sound and give picture to you. This drone should be simple as in the movie "Minority Report". Four legs and simple body structure. No advance graphics to it, just simple thing four legged crawling bug. But this should be really expensive to buy or even that you only get one of this things. If one of this things get shot and destroyed, you must pay loads of money to get a new one. Or even play rest of the game without one, if the settings in game is only one per/game. Just vote on what you belive could be the most fun to the gameplay...

Azrepheal
23rd Mar 2008, 15:45
Well... I mean, we have the spider bots. But I suppose it would be nice to see defferent spider-bots for different operations - one which is fast and can climb stairs but no attack capability for espionage, one which has a one shot emp pulse (DX1) for bots, one which can take out humans (non-lethal - tranqs or shock) and one which can take out humans (limited ammo gun, perhaps, or just an explosion?) - maybe have one specifically for breaking and entering (runs through a grate and accesses a control panel from inside, maybe with a once-use multi-tool or the DX3 equivalent)

Be nice if certain factions employed the use of different ones (the police have the non-lethal spiderbots, the 'secret agency / generic conspiracy group' having the espionage / b and e ones, and lethal ones available on the blackmarket?

I think theres a few things they could develop with the spider bots. Anyone else got suggestions?

Wgibbsw
23rd Mar 2008, 15:59
I think they should keep things unique instead of borrowing ideas from themes we're already used to. Saying that an espionage spider bot would be cool, it could act like a mobile surveillance camera that alerts the enemy to your position when it sees you.

IceBallz
23rd Mar 2008, 16:27
Well... I mean, we have the spider bots. But I suppose it would be nice to see defferent spider-bots for different operations - one which is fast and can climb stairs but no attack capability for espionage, one which has a one shot emp pulse (DX1) for bots, one which can take out humans (non-lethal - tranqs or shock) and one which can take out humans (limited ammo gun, perhaps, or just an explosion?) - maybe have one specifically for breaking and entering (runs through a grate and accesses a control panel from inside, maybe with a once-use multi-tool or the DX3 equivalent)

Be nice if certain factions employed the use of different ones (the police have the non-lethal spiderbots, the 'secret agency / generic conspiracy group' having the espionage / b and e ones, and lethal ones available on the blackmarket?

I think theres a few things they could develop with the spider bots. Anyone else got suggestions?

My suggestion is that this spider bot technology should cost really much of money and time to construct. Just to keep it realistic in some how. Who would blowup their very expensive spider bots, just to kill some few men or use EMP-pulse and then loose the spider bot. No, spider bots should only be for espionage and single takedowns from close range. I mean that this spider bots could carry one shot of poison, but it most shot from very close range. Even that could make it more realistic and intresting. But this drones with explosives or EMP-pulsar on them, should be simple technology. Like remoted toycars with small explosives/EMP-pulsar on their backs, but this toycars cant just go everywhere, like the spider bots can do. This remoted toycars should even take more space in inventory.

Azrepheal
23rd Mar 2008, 16:36
Who would blowup their very expensive spider bots, just to kill some few men or use EMP-pulse and then loose the spider bot.

You had the remote emp drone in DX1 :p That technology should be available in DX3 especially if its a sequel. Thats why I dont think they should be very expensive

IceBallz
23rd Mar 2008, 16:48
Can't remember any drones with EMP in Deus Ex 1. But i can remember, that there was EMP-guns.

:scratch: *???*

SemiAnonymous
23rd Mar 2008, 16:56
Can't remember any drones with EMP in Deus Ex 1. But i can remember, that there was EMP-guns.

:scratch: *???*

It was the spy-bot aug, when fully upgraded, destroying it makes a EMP burst the size of a grenade.

Also, I like the idea of a spider bot that works as a spy system, that'd be cool. Of course, we could also be allowed to have bot dominance again, which would do the same thing, or maybe be allowed to have a skill that lets you take over your own bot.

Blade_hunter
23rd Mar 2008, 18:02
The bots are good but I want the AI can react when they saw the bot if we make some noise with the bot and take care of it and do what they must to do?
Fire on it(use they're weapon or throw the adequate grenade if they have it), catch the bot (if they can) to know where is the user of it, sound the alarm and prepare some booby traps against you to prepare your comming. It depends of the AI advancement.
I agree with the bots
And if the bots are armed they have limited ammo and shots or be disabled/detroyed after the use of the weapon
In DX 1 the spy bot have the EMP at the first level
In DX 1 we haven't EMP guns we have the EMP grenade only In DX 2 we have the Magrail and the EMP granades
The EMP gun exists only in system shock 2, but if we have a weapon like this in DX 3 this is not bad and gives some strategy.

IceBallz
24th Mar 2008, 12:16
The bots are good but I want the AI can react when they saw the bot if we make some noise with the bot and take care of it and do what they must to do?
Fire on it(use they're weapon or throw the adequate grenade if they have it), catch the bot (if they can) to know where is the user of it, sound the alarm and prepare some booby traps against you to prepare your comming. It depends of the AI advancement.
I agree with the bots
And if the bots are armed they have limited ammo and shots or be disabled/detroyed after the use of the weapon
In DX 1 the spy bot have the EMP at the first level
In DX 1 we haven't EMP guns we have the EMP grenade only In DX 2 we have the Magrail and the EMP granades
The EMP gun exists only in system shock 2, but if we have a weapon like this in DX 3 this is not bad and gives some strategy.

Yeah. A reaction from enemy AI would be nice against spider bots (and EMP carriers). But still i'am against using EMP with expensive electronical stuff, like spider bots. But spider bots could have a selfdestruction device. If those been shotdown by enemy. They just don't only explode, they release a EMP-pulse at the same time. Like a last outcome, just to bring enemy hands from that expensive technology. But have spider bots walking around with remoted explosives on their backs, is like those was some kind of cheap toys. But spider bots will never be like cheap toys, not even year 2090.

In DX1 we maybe had bots with EMP. But this was bots with wheels and a cheap design of bots. Maybe those we can waste with EMP and explosives. But this EMP bots can't go just everywhere in game. Like spider bots can crawl under doors with their legs, the EMP bots can't with their wheels. Spider bots are clean spying bots with microphone with camera that can be raised and lowered. Like as cheap EMP bots with wheels don't carry any microphone and have mounted camera. Like as EMP bots don't carry any selfdestructing loadout, no EMP gun but it is carring only EMP grenade launcher. To avoid the risk of destoying it self with the EMP explosions.

Well, i shuffled it all up with Deus Ex, EMP-guns and System Shock 2. Well EMP-guns would be nice. But even this EMP-guns should be expensive technology. For example, EMP grenades explodes for them self and don't need to be reused. EMP-guns would be destroyed after their first shot. So the technology that makes EMP-guns separate the electronics from the EMP-pulse, would cost a huge amount of money. But yes. Why not EMP-guns. But make it to be VERY expensive eguipment. First EMP-nades, then EMP-nades for rifles and then a EMP-pulsar gun.

Azrepheal
24th Mar 2008, 15:55
But this EMP bots can't go just everywhere in game. Like spider bots can crawl under doors with their legs, the EMP bots can't with their wheels. Spider bots are clean spying bots with microphone with camera that can be raised and lowered.

The drones could, tho. They had a time limit on (how much energy I think you had at the time) and they could fly anywhere (controlled by you) up, down, through doors etc. AND they had a camera and a microphone :P

To me, spiderbots ARE just cheap toys. Sure you have the big ones stomping around military institutions, but the small ones in vents? A couple of shots and they're dead! And you find the spider grenades all over the place in DX2.

IceBallz
24th Mar 2008, 17:08
The drones could, tho. They had a time limit on (how much energy I think you had at the time) and they could fly anywhere (controlled by you) up, down, through doors etc. AND they had a camera and a microphone :P

To me, spiderbots ARE just cheap toys. Sure you have the big ones stomping around military institutions, but the small ones in vents? A couple of shots and they're dead! And you find the spider grenades all over the place in DX2.

That's why did'nt like DX2. Spider grenades *huh* what a waste of money, if it would realistic in some how. Well small spider bots are really hard for enemy to see, in first place and those is even not ment to be for fights. Only espionage and recon in all places. Flying spy bots would make to much of noice and still be some expensive eguipment to set up in the air. Better with small tiny walking spider bots, that don't make noice, hard to see by enemy, still cost pretty much of money and if they get seen, they have quiet easy to get from there and hide. But a flying spy bot is easy to see, easy to hear, easy to shoot down and hard to hide. I hope there will be some resource in how you spend money in expensive equipment in Deus Ex 3. Becurse money will be in same value in 2080, like it is today or even more expensive. Nothing gets cheaper with time, only more expensive and you will think twice what you bring into the field of operations.

Well. Deus Ex is a fantasy based game, but i really hope it don't go over the limit of reality.

A cheap eguipment for espionage is a opti-wand that you stick under the doors. And that thing you can use with no limit and it will even be very cheap to get. But a spider bot spy would cost your shirt off, but be really useful. You have just be taken care about it, so it wont be destroyed in the field of your espionage and recon. But a flying spy bot is just to visible and makes to much of noice, to be useful. Even in future, as like 2080. I don't even belive, that antigravity will be so researced even then.

IceBallz
25th Mar 2008, 16:22
Just got a sweet idea. How about keep spy spiderbots on our characters shoulder. So when the spy spiderbot is home = on your shoulder. It will have a view behind your back, like a guard view (shown in your hud). When you send it on walk and spy missions. You will see this spiderbot leave your shoulder and you will lost your view behind your back (while spy siderbot view grows bigger over the hud). In this way this bots will be like a bet to you. But in one technological way and give our hero a real nice charactics. Like a new movie hero. But i still go for that this spiderbots should be really expensive eguipment and make us to not have enuff of money to the other expensive hardcore eguipment.

Gary_Savage
25th Mar 2008, 21:54
Just got a sweet idea. How about keep spy spiderbots on our characters shoulder. So when the spy spiderbot is home = on your shoulder. It will have a view behind your back, like a guard view (shown in your hud). When you send it on walk and spy missions. You will see this spiderbot leave your shoulder and you will lost your view behind your back (while spy siderbot view grows bigger over the hud). In this way this bots will be like a bet to you. But in one technological way and give our hero a real nice charactics. Like a new movie hero. But i still go for that this spiderbots should be really expensive eguipment and make us to not have enuff of money to the other expensive hardcore eguipment.

Why does this remind me of Garrett's eye, in the Thief Series?

Anyway, I think that having a a permanent spiderbot on your shoulder all the time will be a little unrealistic (maybe reminiscent of Capt. Long John Silver's parrot, from Treasure island, though), and it will probably take up too much screen real estate. I am probably just speaking for myself, but I found it a little unnerving, in DX1, when the view from the spy drone put a blind spot in my view; so if we do have such a drone, then I would like the option of turning it off.

O, also, I am not sure exactly how I will hide this permanent Long John Silver's parrot (you see, I am already liking the idea, eventhough I will cringe at its covering up a portion of my screen) when I want to blend into the crowd? Perhaps this parrot/spider/bot should be available only for certain missions, after which it might be necessary to dump the bot, or to return it to where you got it from. Just my thoughts.