PDA

View Full Version : plz reply really annoys me so much lol

michael-croft
22nd Mar 2008, 19:14
if zip and alister come back when she's talking to them in gameplay she should actually move her lips when she replies and not randomly send psychic messages:mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

RinoTheBouncer
22nd Mar 2008, 19:19
Yeah , specially when she falls or get hurt n says Ugh while the speech goes on and also when she drops into the water n suddenly when we reach a certain point even if she's still talkin' she changes the subject LOLz

POSSL
22nd Mar 2008, 19:46
A even better solution:

[SIZE="7"]GET THOSE GUYS OUT OF THE GAME FOREVER[]

jordoz12
24th Mar 2008, 17:50
A even better solution:

[SIZE="7"]GET THOSE GUYS OUT OF THE GAME FOREVER

I know right? they are so stupid!!

laras big mouth
24th Mar 2008, 18:01
they dont do anything anyway, it just annoys me when they speak and ur trying to do somthing

tessa tomb raider playa
21st Jul 2008, 02:47
lol i actually dont mind them there but they talk so much! they could be there to tell her stuff but not so much!!! and they should take somemore time on the annimation with making her lips move everytime she talks. it drives me crazy that she talks with out her lips moving!!

Spong
21st Jul 2008, 03:04
Don't get rid of Zip & Alister. Just get rid of their mid-level banter and save it for the cutscenes.

LaSCHM00VE
21st Jul 2008, 03:05
I didn't mind having them in the game, as well. I'm sure there will be moments when you have no contact with them.

ihatemilkduds
21st Jul 2008, 03:12
Don't get rid of Zip & Alister. Just get rid of their mid-level banter and save it for the cutscenes.

Exactly. I like the idea of her having a small team. But the banter gets quite ridiculous after playing the first couple of times. I was playing today (Legend - the bike ride in the Peru level) and my husband was on his computer and, totally in sync, speaking right along with all of Zip's "Do that again, Lara!"'s and "Wooohoooohooo"'s. Haha, guess I've played that quite a bit, hm?

I do think it's funny, though, because that's the blind guy from Becker and his lines on that show were quite similar. Sarcastic black man. I'm not sure if I should be angry that it's kind of stereotypical. Probably better than how they portrayed Zip in Chronicles when he was like, "You broke? You ain't dead, is ya?"

rg_001100
21st Jul 2008, 03:16

Needs the word "skippable" in there... So long as they don't chat too much I'm not opposed to them. They probably should be talking less anyway, in their supportive roles.
Lara's good enough to do her own thing in her own time, they can just give their helpful advice when she's not busy.

Spong
21st Jul 2008, 03:21
I took that as read that you'd be able to skip the cutscenes (as with previous titles). Once you've seen them you rarely sit through them again.

It's the "witty banter" between Lara and her cohorts that I don't like. It's not so bad when the plot's being advanced in some way.

ihatemilkduds
21st Jul 2008, 03:30
It's the "witty banter" between Lara and her cohorts that I don't like. It's not so bad when the plot's being advanced in some way.

People don't really talk like that. And if they do. . .they're hiding something.

I think we've all spoken before about this issue and it was generally agreed upon to have settings that would allow either more or less Zip and Alister. If you're someone who usually needs quite a bit of help finding your way through some puzzles, maybe you'll want Zip and Alister around. Otherwise, they can stay back at the manor and play cards or watch youtube videos until Lara comes home with artifacts or new people that need researching.

Honestly, I'd rather have Zip and Alister help me than those stupid needless camera scenes that pan over exactly where I need to go or what I need to do. Those DESTROY the idea of figuring it out for myself!! And isn't that what Tomb Raider is?! It's like it's handed to me on a plate now. No thanks. Trying to play a game here, not watch a movie I can't actually control.

rg_001100
21st Jul 2008, 03:39
People don't really talk like that. And if they do. . .they're hiding something.

I think we've all spoken before about this issue and it was generally agreed upon to have settings that would allow either more or less Zip and Alister. If you're someone who usually needs quite a bit of help finding your way through some puzzles, maybe you'll want Zip and Alister around. Otherwise, they can stay back at the manor and play cards or watch youtube videos until Lara comes home with artifacts or new people that need researching.

Honestly, I'd rather have Zip and Alister help me than those stupid needless camera scenes that pan over exactly where I need to go or what I need to do. Those DESTROY the idea of figuring it out for myself!! And isn't that what Tomb Raider is?! It's like it's handed to me on a plate now. No thanks. Trying to play a game here, not watch a movie I can't actually control.

Camera panning to help isn't new to TRL/TRA...
I think using Z&A as a hint device could be okay... but only if the option is set to "On", and there's a delay of 3 minutes or so before they chirp in.

Plot development in cutscenes is good. But I don't need it if I can control Lara. (I'm probably not paying much attention to them anyway, if I'm in control of Lara).

Spong
21st Jul 2008, 03:54
I kind of agree with you on the flyby camera sequences. RG's right in that they were used in the old-skool Raiders, but they were more a tool of revelation rather than holding your hand through puzzles.
The flyby sequence in Legend's Ghana level that tells you how to get the gate open and the water flowing is kind of insulting. It's the way it stops at varying points as if to say "are you paying attention?". It's like they're talking to you using brightly coloured alphabet blocks to make sure we understand. There's the gate, there's the chains, they go up there, along the ceiling, down to the statue... :mad2:

But going back to Zip & Alister, having them jabbering away just generally detracts from the sense of solitude I like soaking in when playing TR. Anniversary gave me that fix and I can only hope that CD keep the chatter to a minimum with Underworld (if Zip & Alister are still there).

And you are sooo right about Zip in Chronicles, ihatemilkduds. Talk about cheese and ham.

aussie500
21st Jul 2008, 04:58
Well if you dislike Zip and Alister talking why not just turn the voice volume all the way down, then you will only be inflicted with them in the cutscenes.

ZXcorr
21st Jul 2008, 05:51
Well, the point is.. Her mouth should be moving whenever she's talking. :)

ihatemilkduds
21st Jul 2008, 05:53
Well if you dislike Zip and Alister talking why not just turn the voice volume all the way down, then you will only be inflicted with them in the cutscenes.

I think we just feel like we shouldn't have to, you know?

RinoTheBouncer
21st Jul 2008, 09:29
i want Zip n Alistair to be back n stay in the game just like Legend
first they're funny
and they're a better way to hint than those text boxes
and also they made the game more realistic as most archealogists need some backup or at least someone who's behind her back ...

Dr.Willard
21st Jul 2008, 09:35
A even better solution:

lolololololol Best solution ever :D

IvanaKC
21st Jul 2008, 09:46
I want Zip and Alister in the game but I also want Lara to move her lips. But she won't talk to them in the water for sure.

Have you ever play MGS (metal Gear Solid)? It will be good that we can make a contact with Zip whenever we want like in MGS. So if we don't know where we should go, we just ask Zip and after a while (half an hour) he tell us what should we do.

TombRaiderPrincess
21st Jul 2008, 10:17
Whenever I hear them talk I make Lara face a wall and shrug. Even in a boss fight.

Zip- Probably won't be able to hear eachother to well underwater though.
Lara- There is a god.:lol:
Alister- Haha haha ha.
Zip- Hey, I heard that!

LOL!

Jurre
21st Jul 2008, 11:00
I've said it before -but I guess everything here has been said before- but I don't care really whether there are two guys talking in your ear or whether they don't. I am not annoyed by them but I would't mis them if they where gone as long as she finds other means to express herself. Some other way to let us hear her voice, because otherwise I got the feeling I may as well play the game with a mute senseless robot, like I did in many parts of Anniversary.

Letting Lara have a headset but to let her do the most of the talking seems a good solution for mer: if she describes the places she comes into this could do a great dramatic emphasise (is that the right word?)

For instance: In the game Crysis the protagonist Nomad enters an alien spaceship crashed into the earth. He doesn't know yet it is a spaceship. He then has this great monologue:

"Vulture you're breaking up. Can you here me? I'll try to boost my video signal.

I'll try to describe what I'am seeing.

I am in some sort of tunnel, a cave.

I've never seen anything like this. Its dark.... cold.... incredibly cold.

The wall are irregular, like the outer shell. It looks almost organic. I hope you guys are getting this."

And then you'll hear the terrifing cries of the alien creature's who are still alive.
That is as well as I can remember it. Removing the headset means Lara can never have this same kind of dramatic atmosphere increasing monologues when she enters the Underworld, which I believe would be an experience very similar in nature as to Nomad entering the spaceship. I believe Crystal D had promised that she would find other ways to express herself and let us hear her voice, but I still haven't heard how they're planning to do that.

xXTomb RaiderXx
21st Jul 2008, 12:13
i wouldn't mind having zip and alastair in the game if they actually helped...although lara's journal in anniversary is pretty useless too....maybe she's better off on her own??? :scratch: :confused: :o

Dukem
21st Jul 2008, 12:44
Zip & Alister completely destroyed the sense of isolation in Legend for me. I don't know why Lara invested in that headset...

natebrooks
21st Jul 2008, 12:57
I like Zip and Alister.
They made a fine edition to Legend.
I actually felt the exact opposite, compared to alot of peoples' feeling here about them.
While playing the game, they made me feel like I was really in an adventure.
And it makes no sense that Lara would embrak on an adventure, and have no contact with the world. She needs to keep her headset.

Dr.Willard
21st Jul 2008, 13:00
Zip & Alister completely destroyed the sense of isolation in Legend for me. I don't know why Lara invested in that headset...

Definitely. Isolationism is a key feature in Tomb Raider so when you have some idiot rambling on down your ear, making all these pathetic jokes, I believe you just lose the atmosphere that you would experience if they weren't there.

Raindrops Melody
21st Jul 2008, 13:22
I know right? they are so stupid!!

Your right they are stupid, but they give Lara a chants 2 talk, and for that I like them. ;)

Greenas
21st Jul 2008, 13:41
I like Zip and Alister.
I actually felt the exact opposite, compared to alot of peoples' feeling here about them.
And it makes no sense that Lara would embrak on an adventure, and have no contact with the world. She needs to keep her headset.

Wow , someone who feels the same way I do , finally .:nut:

ihatemilkduds
21st Jul 2008, 23:14
I kind of agree with you on the flyby camera sequences. RG's right in that they were used in the old-skool Raiders, but they were more a tool of revelation rather than holding your hand through puzzles.

Exactly. I don't want anybody holding my hand. I'll shoot it off.:D

ChOnyD
22nd Jul 2008, 03:16
On the issue of Lara's lips moving in-game, there is an interview in Play Magazine's Debut of Tomb Raider: Underworld (Page 18 to be exact ;) ) that reads:

"Q: Will you be emphasizing Lara's expression and lip synchronicity?
A: Lara Croft is now fully next-gen, and you will see extremely high-quality facial expressions and lip synch."

So, yes, her lips will move beautifully in game. :D

Bampire
22nd Jul 2008, 03:23
A even better solution:

Agreed.

Bampire
22nd Jul 2008, 03:26
Definitely. Isolationism is a key feature in Tomb Raider so when you have some idiot rambling on down your ear, making all these pathetic jokes, I believe you just lose the atmosphere that you would experience if they weren't there.

Another person I agree with! great point. It's annoying playing a game and having them bicker in your ear.. Especially when climbing difficult obstacles.

Dusk Knight
22nd Jul 2008, 03:33
I like Zip and Alister.

I like them too. Their commentary made it seem like the story was constantly progressing as opposed to the old fashioned "reach the end of the level to find out more".

However, I think it's in the first podcast... the people who dislike Zip and Alister have clearly left an impression on Eric Lindstrom. :(

madamlaracroft
22nd Jul 2008, 06:24
zip&alister dont bother me much......
but i think that this addition in Legend was a step forward in making the game a reality

because its not logical that:
one goes on ones own
there r medipacks in ruins (if they r near some dead body its ok)
how she goes on without food (some games use food-items as medipacks) etc etc

so a game cant be entirely based on total reality..... but i love TR no matter how they make it
heroes and action adventures r always non-real like in movies :thumbsup:

tombraider1best
22nd Jul 2008, 14:24
i like al an zip because thier kinda funny arguing with each other but i think they really anoy lara you try raideing tombs while you got two people whittering down you ear if i had her guns i would grab the ear peice and shooot it then when i got back i would either blow up the manor while they were in it or shot them and hide them some were in the maze

:) i am a really nice person lol

ihatemilkduds
22nd Jul 2008, 23:34
I always enjoy the part in Kazakhstan when Amanda cuts through the headset and Zip tries to interrupt. "Hush, Zip!" :thumbsup:

ahphooey
23rd Jul 2008, 00:10
Zip reminds me of Donkey from Shrek...never shuts up and tries to be funny. :D

"Tomorrow, we're going to find an amulet, then we're gonna find more guns and ammunition and then, in the morning, I'm making waffles!!"

trlestew
23rd Jul 2008, 01:32
i never really liked zip and alister, they talk way too much, well zip does, and i find some of the lines corny and irratating to listen to, but thats just my opinion, if there in this game it doesnt matter to me, as long as they dont talk so much.

ihatemilkduds
23rd Jul 2008, 05:07
"Tomorrow, we're going to find an amulet, then we're gonna find more guns and ammunition and then, in the morning, I'm making waffles!!"

Priceless. Because it's so true. Nice one.:lmao:

XoCroftyoX
23rd Jul 2008, 19:30
I loved havin Zip & Alastair in the game,I hated the fact that in TRA she was all by herself,but in ledgend when she had people to talk to made seem like she wasn't alone.

hummingbird87
24th Jul 2008, 06:37
OMG r u seriouss?:p I really dont care

Dr.Willard
24th Jul 2008, 09:56
OMG r u seriouss?:p I really dont care

Can I ask you a question, are you being serious? If are you, then take this advice as it may get you somewhere, respect other peoples' opinions because there is a hell of a lot of them on this forum.

ihatemilkduds
24th Jul 2008, 16:18
Can I ask you a question, are you being serious? If are you, then take this advice as it may get you somewhere, respect other peoples' opinions because there is a hell of a lot of them on this forum.

Just ignore it. I was trying to think of something witty to reply with. . .but then I realized it truly isn't worth that kind of premeditation so. . .they don't care. Neither do I:D