PDA

View Full Version : More work on the feeling in gameplay and bigger places.

IceBallz
21st Mar 2008, 08:31
How about, just keep the graphics in some over the DX1 quality, with just more softer edges and just some few lighteffects. Just bring up the graphics up a little bit (not bad, but not superduper, but something betwin). Then only work with the 1st person view and sounds to it. The feeling to actually be the character in this intresting secret places. Like Pentagon building in real size and with huge amount of personal in building. Or Fort Knox, Alcatraz, FN-building, White House, etc, etc, etc... And all of this places been bringed up with one single loadingscreen (partly). Then just set some work on the 1st person view and sound effects. Like see every movement, like hands, arms and legs. Like seeing that you actually mount on the silencer on your rifle or pistol. Set laserbeams from every lasersight (even enemies) and only when you wearing nightgoogles. Set sounds from your jacket when you move some fast and close at a wall, just for the feeling to actually be there. Set in the birds that been in DX1 (Liberty Island), sounds from bushes when you walk by, deep of gun sounds with delay to different range, breathing sound of your actual exhust and sway to sniper scope with this breating, etc, etc...

gamer0004
21st Mar 2008, 10:17
"My vision is augmented". No need for noght-goggles to see laser beams :)

IceBallz
22nd Mar 2008, 00:33
"My vision is augmented". No need for noght-goggles to see laser beams :)

Actually this is a good way to show, that the enemy characters don't wear any night-goggles. If there is no laserbeam, there is no nightvision for our enemy. This makes it more easy to us to take down this enemy in dark spots of his patrol or placement. If enemy don't wear any night-goggles, then even a light switch could make them 100% handicapped. Think of it. Would it not be nice to just feel as a god in a dark room, with your night-goggles or augmented vision if you have updated your augs so far :) ?!?

P.S : In real militery lasersights there are only white laser, that only been show up throw night-goggles only. True. I hope most devs knows this and if they read this, they should know it by now.

Gary_Savage
22nd Mar 2008, 01:18
P.S : In real militery lasersights there are only white laser, that only been show up throw night-goggles only. True. I hope most devs knows this and if they read this, they should know it by now.

Where did you get that? I doubt that a gun sight is worth the heroic challenge of producing a white laser. Also, night-vision goggles (NVGs) can be used to blind the user, using any visible, or IR, radiation -- just shine any light into the NVG. Either I am not getting what you are saying, or you have a lot of convincing to do.

Azrepheal
22nd Mar 2008, 01:47
Also, night-vision goggles (NVGs) can be used to blind the user, using any visible, or IR, radiation -- just shine any light into the NVG.

THat would be awesome, if implemented - wait somewhere behind a barrel in the shadows, jump up and shine a torch into the eyes of someone with NVGs, and have them pull them off and rub their eyes, before looking worriedly into the darkness...

IceBallz
22nd Mar 2008, 06:18
Where did you get that? I doubt that a gun sight is worth the heroic challenge of producing a white laser. Also, night-vision goggles (NVGs) can be used to blind the user, using any visible, or IR, radiation -- just shine any light into the NVG. Either I am not getting what you are saying, or you have a lot of convincing to do.

I have actually tested modded rifles in my military education, with nightvision scopes and rifles with white laser. The thing with white laser is that it's invisible for the eye, but only, just only visible in night-goggles. It's not like the standard civilian red laser. This white laser only used in military rifles in all special forces. Yeah it's possible to light up old fashion NVG's in all categhories. But to light up high modern NVG, then i give you my best wishes. If you don't go for burning up some free laying magnezium in front of the NVG carrier. But i guess not. I guess that high modern NVG's in special forces have organic prism glass in their NVG's. That have living UV-protection that getting darker when it's been exploited for light and even getting all black dark in sunlight. Technology is fantastic if you see the things, where you actually can use this technology. Yeah and i have been in special forces. Even lights in special forces are often IR-lights and only seen with NVG's. IR-light should even be carried by some of the enemies in Deus Ex 3, like as in your beginner equipment in the storyline. Just so long you getting your augs. This could release some of your weight, like battery and IR-light on your shoulder.

IceBallz
22nd Mar 2008, 06:37
THat would be awesome, if implemented - wait somewhere behind a barrel in the shadows, jump up and shine a torch into the eyes of someone with NVGs, and have them pull them off and rub their eyes, before looking worriedly into the darkness...

Yeah could be awesome. Maybe give some simple terrorists this old fashion NVG's. So you can blind them with light and then just bring them down. This would be nice thing in some of the missions you get into. But give the real organized and domestic enemies NVG's with organic prism glass. So, we can't just walk all the game and blind everybody with NVG's *lol*... Would be boring after a while... *lmao*

Gary_Savage
23rd Mar 2008, 06:26
...The thing with white laser is that it's invisible for the eye, but only, just only visible in night-goggles...

Hmm... it occurred to me that "white laser" was just a name, and not a real white laser (producing which, if possible, would be a heroic undertaking). Thanks for that info. It's about time something was done about using laser sighting with NVGs.

I must admit, though, I've been somewhat disappointed with the performance of the target sighting laser in DX1. Does it match the performance of real world laser sights?

...I guess that high modern NVG's in special forces have organic prism glass in their NVG's. That have living UV-protection that getting darker when it's been exploited for light and even getting all black dark in sunlight...

Aren't you talking about the glass turning opaque to IR, rather than UV? Also, I am not sure what you mean by organic prism glass. Do you mean an organic composite coated on glass? I would be surprised if this optical limiting technology is in widespread use; since I am working in this area, myself, I doubt that there would be much research spending on a technology that is already mature.

Certainly, I would like to see some DX3 enemies immune to flashes of light, when they are using their NVGs; personally, it would be cool for me to see how the technology that I am involved in could be used.

Yeah and i have been in special forces. Even lights in special forces are often IR-lights and only seen with NVG's.

Intreresting. That reminds me that the Japanese military used to use a chemical mixture, made from dried crabs, to generate a blue light. That way they could avoid using electrical lights, and thus stay better hidden, during WW2. I would like local militia type enemies (eg, the NSF, in DX1) use these chemical means, in DX3, since they might not have access to high tech NVGs. BTW, which special forces were you in?

IR-light should even be carried by some of the enemies in Deus Ex 3, like as in your beginner equipment in the storyline. Just so long you getting your augs. This could release some of your weight, like battery and IR-light on your shoulder.

Actually, I would like to see my character work his/her way through to improving his/ NVG, say starting with something rudimentary, and then upgrading it with optical limiters (each set of optical limiters having different strengths and weaknesses). Of course, a lot of people might not like having different optical limiters with different characteristics (though I still think it fits DX1's model of the shot gun and sawed off having different strengths and weaknesses), but I will be happy as long as there is upgradability. That will encourage exploration, and the player's growing into (adapting to) using his/her new found abilities.

IceBallz
23rd Mar 2008, 13:35
Hmm... it occurred to me that "white laser" was just a name, and not a real white laser (producing which, if possible, would be a heroic undertaking). Thanks for that info. It's about time something was done about using laser sighting with NVGs.

I must admit, though, I've been somewhat disappointed with the performance of the target sighting laser in DX1. Does it match the performance of real world laser sights?

Aren't you talking about the glass turning opaque to IR, rather than UV? Also, I am not sure what you mean by organic prism glass. Do you mean an organic composite coated on glass? I would be surprised if this optical limiting technology is in widespread use; since I am working in this area, myself, I doubt that there would be much research spending on a technology that is already mature.

Certainly, I would like to see some DX3 enemies immune to flashes of light, when they are using their NVGs; personally, it would be cool for me to see how the technology that I am involved in could be used.

Intreresting. That reminds me that the Japanese military used to use a chemical mixture, made from dried crabs, to generate a blue light. That way they could avoid using electrical lights, and thus stay better hidden, during WW2. I would like local militia type enemies (eg, the NSF, in DX1) use these chemical means, in DX3, since they might not have access to high tech NVGs. BTW, which special forces were you in?

Actually, I would like to see my character work his/her way through to improving his/ NVG, say starting with something rudimentary, and then upgrading it with optical limiters (each set of optical limiters having different strengths and weaknesses). Of course, a lot of people might not like having different optical limiters with different characteristics (though I still think it fits DX1's model of the shot gun and sawed off having different strengths and weaknesses), but I will be happy as long as there is upgradability. That will encourage exploration, and the player's growing into (adapting to) using his/her new found abilities.

A.1 : Good enuff, i guess. Can't really remember the laser sights in DX1.

A.2 : Organic prism glass has organic crystals in betwin the glass. And are reacting to sunlight as odinary electric light. Both gives different amount of UV-light, not IR. You thinking on some other technology.

A.3 : SSG in Sweden

A.4 : Sure there is loads of different technology to update your character with. It's just question about money and your importens to UNATCO.