PDA

View Full Version : Teasers

AndyRaffle
18th Mar 2008, 12:57
I was re-reading some interviews last year, and one from Stephane D'Astous talks a bit about releasing teasers and the build-up of awareness:

"We're working with the PR department to make sure that we time releases of trailers and information in coordination with the production cycle. I would like to say that by summer next year we'll have a couple of big things to show. It wouldn't be in our favor to wait until 2009 or whatever to show something. We're confident in what we're doing, so we'll definitely want to release some content eventually. So fans shouldn't despair, I'd expect more information on what we're doing next summer."

Obviously timelines move around a lot, so I won't be upset if we get to September/October without any further news or teasers. But I began wondering what they might want to release first, and if there is any practical value, from a game development perspective, in releasing certain things before others, other than to build up anticipation and keep the fans interested.

They could give some behind-the-scenes looks at the development team and what hardware/software/methodology they use. Or they could start up development diaries. Or some concept artwork and wallpaper. Or a few glimpses into the story (without too much detail of course!) Anybody think of something else they'd like to see?

jordan_a
18th Mar 2008, 13:10
Main Trailer, teaser (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=73550) thread. :thumbsup: