PDA

View Full Version : Justice, Justice, Sweet Frickin' JUSTICE!

lightbringerrr
16th Mar 2008, 01:31
You will now pull up Wikipedia. You will then do a search for DX3. And when the page loads, you will look to the right and more specifically, you will look at the heading entitled:

"Platform(s)".

That's RIGHT sucka's; Learn It, Live It, and LOVE IT! MWUUU-HAHAHAHAHA!

:rasp: :lol: :D :rasp: :lol: **** :D :rasp: :lol: :D :D :rasp: :rasp: !!!!!

VodunLoas
16th Mar 2008, 04:00
They are pretty sure it will come out on PC, but other platforms haven't been confirmed yet. It will most definitely be released on some console too.

JC_Phoenix
16th Mar 2008, 05:21
That's weird... I wasn't aware that wikipedia, was really Edios Montreal in disguise, and I also haven't heard anything about them or any of their users owning a time machine.

Essentially, this is the typical "Wikipedia is an open resources, which just about ANYBODY can edit, and what is stated there is not always 100% fact." comment.

Personally I don't care if it's on multiple platforms. I'd prefer it if it was made for PC first, but meh.

lightbringerrr
16th Mar 2008, 05:39
That's the POINT: If it were some flunkie creating a DX3 page, you'd most certainly see 'X Box' and/or 'PS3' displayed prominently in the "Platform(s)" heading.

So until Eidos tells me diffrently, DX3 is developed for the PC from the outset, and the rest of you shall consider yourselves 'Ported'.

As God intended.

Welcome home JC; it's been far too long.

Oh Jesus; I've gotta' change the channel stat! Mariah "TheBlackSnakeRider" Carey is assaulting my poor eardrums!!! Gotta' Go!

jordan_a
16th Mar 2008, 10:31
The thought of having DX3 on PC first is desperate... but pleasing. :D

Woggy
16th Mar 2008, 12:12
... its wikipedia

jordan_a
16th Mar 2008, 12:20
Moreover, when you think about the financial situation of Eidos, there's no way they won't release it on consoles first.

We're not in the 90's. :(

GruntOwner
16th Mar 2008, 13:03
That depends entirely on our ability to slander it. If it comes out on a console I will get no end of pleasure from discouaging people to buy it. If it's a crappy console port, I will also take no end of pleasure in discouraging people to buy it. As the Deus Ex fans, we are the ones who will advocAate the game through word of mouth, and that will always outweigh flashy TV. If they make it as a console port, we will hate it and we will tell people that we hate it. Only a few people will buy it because they haven't heard from us. If we like it, a chance greatly improved by it being centred for the PC, we will love it, reccomend it thoroughly, and those who have never met us will buy it because of flashy adverts. The best way for that game to sell would be to make those who are following the game's progress expectantly, us, happy with it, or they lose us and whoever we talk to regularly. The internet is a horrible thing to not voice your opinion on.

FistOFun
17th Mar 2008, 00:44
I love you OP. ^_^

If no other platforms have confirmed yet it may mean that the game will at least be designed for the PC.

Xcom
17th Mar 2008, 14:39
That Wiki info is based on this single statement by Stephane D'Astous in 1UP interview:

I cannot say exactly which are the platforms that we'll be working on specifically. It's going to be announced in maybe early 2008 or maybe summer. But we're not working on current or last gen, it's next-gen and PC.

Since no console was specifically mentioned by name, Wiki-technically they remain unconfirmed and can't be specified under platform, but realistically speaking, I think we all know what "next-gen" (aside from PC) means. It's just not known which consoles specifically and in which order. There is also no information about what's gonna be ported to where (if it all).

Bloodwolf806
19th Mar 2008, 01:18
It'll be on 360, PS3, and PC. Don't kid yourselves.

lordtrout
19th Mar 2008, 01:40
[QUOTE=lightbringerrr;738169]You will now pull up Wikipedia. You will then do a search for DX3. And when the page loads, you will look to the right and more specifically, you will look at the heading entitled:

"Platform(s)".

I like your attitude kid! Quite frankly, your average xbox owner is looking for more of a twitch type experience, and quickly get bored with plot based RPGs. Personally, I'd love to see this title be a PC exclusive. I would pay $200 for a well made DX game, gladly if that's what it took to make up the difference. EDIOS, do not design to game for the KeWL DoOD croud, I and thousands of DX fans will find another way to spend our money if you do.

SomaMech
19th Mar 2008, 22:37
It'll be on 360, PS3, and PC. Don't kid yourselves.

Aren't 360 and PS3 current-gen?

SemiAnonymous
20th Mar 2008, 01:33
And now, if you do a search, you will see that this game has been confirmed to be better than sliced bread, and that you are not allowed to purchase it. This has been confirmed, after all, it's on Wiki, so why wouldn't it be true?

IceBallz
20th Mar 2008, 11:35
PC seems more like the number 1 consol for Deus Ex 3, then Xbox360 or PS3. Feel some lame to hack with handcontroller in Deus Ex. :lol:

Bloodwolf806
20th Mar 2008, 21:07
Aren't 360 and PS3 current-gen?

Well, the Eidos Montreal website says they develop for PS3, Xbox 360, PC, and Wii. No next generation consoles were mentioned. Although I imagine if it weren't for current-gen systems then the next Xbox, Playstation and (possibly) Nintendo console will get Deus Ex 3.

lightbringerrr
21st Mar 2008, 00:37
[QUOTE=lightbringerrr;738169]You will now pull up Wikipedia. You will then do a search for DX3. And when the page loads, you will look to the right and more specifically, you will look at the heading entitled:

"Platform(s)".

I like your attitude kid! Quite frankly, your average xbox owner is looking for more of a twitch type experience, and quickly get bored with plot based RPGs. Personally, I'd love to see this title be a PC exclusive. I would pay $200 for a well made DX game, gladly if that's what it took to make up the difference. EDIOS, do not design to game for the KeWL DoOD croud, I and thousands of DX fans will find another way to spend our money if you do.

Thanks for the compliment, and I agree with you 100%. I must however point out that my days as being a "kid" have LONG since passed. I owned a 2600 when they first came out. I was 11.
The reason I feel so strongly the way I do regarding DX, is because DX and Blood got me back in to gaming after a VERY long hiatus.
I thought the whole Sega, Nintendo, Colecovision-era was about as lame as it could get. And it took a long time for the PC to surpass that era, and to introduce some games that DIDN'T have goofy characters like Mario and Yoshi
Caleb brought me back in, and the Dentons kept it going. And, I don't know if you've noticed, but PC games have always seemed to be more cutting edge in terms of concepts and new ideas. Graphics really ARE secondary to me.
The first 'Battlefront' didn't have the greatest graphics in the world, but that didn't stop me from piloting my X-wing or Tie Fighter for hours on end, and destroying every enemy ship dumb enough to fly in to my crosshairs.
Same thing with Blood. Horrible Duke Nukem/Doom graphics, but a GREAT and highly entertaining lead character combined with a really deep( for the time )world to run around in.
As I posted elsewhere on this forum, I would love to see people like you and I buy the rights to the Blood Franchise, bring it in to the 21st century, and make it a no-compromise, pc-exclusive platform.
Thanks again!

Gary_Savage
21st Mar 2008, 03:33
As I posted elsewhere on this forum, I would love to see people like you and I buy the rights to the Blood Franchise, bring it in to the 21st century, and make it a no-compromise, pc-exclusive platform.
Thanks again!

[Read with the DX1 intro sequence (not the theme) playing in the background; preferably, past the first minute.]

And so, the conspiracy begins! An elite group sunk so deep into the net's forums, as to be untraceable to the world's game industry associations; only hinting to their existence on some boards. A group so crazed for first rate game story lines, that they are willing to buy the very rights to the original games with the pioneering plots.

They have a great number of agencies, who in turn operate other agencies; boxes stacked one in another. They never touch anything directly. They only influence, suggest, insinuate; all through the proper intermediaries.

They have had to endure much, but soon there will be order again. A new age. Aquinas spoke of a mythical city in the hills, soon that city will be a reality and in its library they will be crowned its librarians; or better than librarians - custodians!

lightbringerrr
21st Mar 2008, 03:44
[Read with the DX1 intro sequence (not the theme) playing in the background; preferably, past the first one and a half minutes.]

And so, the conspiracy begins! An elite group sunk so deep into the net's forums, so as to be untraceable to the world's game industry associations; only hinting to their existence on some boards. A group so crazed for first rate game story lines, that they are willing to buy the very rights to the original games with the pioneering plots.

They have a great number of agencies, who in turn operate other agencies; boxes stacked one in another. They never touch anything directly. They only influence, suggest, insinuate; all through the proper intermediaries.

They have had to endure much, but soon there will be order again. A new age. Aquinas spoke of a mythical city in the hills, soon that city will be a reality and in its library they will be crowned its librarians; or better than librarians - custodians!

10,000 Skill Points Awarded, and a copy of the video game spawned by the Greatest Street-Gang Film Of All Time:

The Warriors.
Come Out And Play, Mr. Savage!!!:D

lightbringerrr
21st Mar 2008, 03:56
10,000 Skill Points Awarded, and a copy of the video game spawned by the Greatest Street-Gang Film Of All Time:

The Warriors.
Come Out And Play, Mr. Savage!!!:D

ADDENDUM:

I thought the whole Sega, Nintendo, Colecovision-era was about as lame as it could get. And it took a long time for the PC to surpass that era, and to introduce some games that DIDN'T have goofy characters like Mario and Yoshi.

Though I have not owned a console in many years, I AM somewhat intrigued by the Wii.
Especially if the rumors are true, and I get to fire up the bloodshine blade and kick some online Jedi arse! :thumbsup:

VodunLoas
21st Mar 2008, 04:29
Hi, lightbringerrr.

I actually played the Blood demo for a long time before I got Deus Ex. OMG, the blood demo is like the longest demo I have ever played! I loved Blood. I even took it to school and played it on the schools computers when I was supposed to be doing typing lessons. :D Does 'JoJo the idiot circus boy' sound familiar?

lightbringerrr
21st Mar 2008, 06:21
Hi, lightbringerrr.

I actually played the Blood demo for a long time before I got Deus Ex. OMG, the blood demo is like the longest demo I have ever played! I loved Blood. I even took it to school and played it on the schools computers when I was supposed to be doing typing lessons. :D Does 'JoJo the idiot circus boy' sound familiar?

"Jo-Jo, Jo-Jo; I WANT JO-JO"!!!! :lol: Good Times, Good Times...
Stabbing Duke Nuke'em:
"Shake It Baby"...

And...The Descent Demo was just as long and mightily cool!

I miss the days when the young upstart companies had to really put it out there and sell it to the market, which was in a heavy transition. Nothing was guaranteed, and they really had to work for it.

lightbringerrr
21st Mar 2008, 06:32
And Mad Props to Tron 2.0!

When it comes to gaming, I have but one personal mantra:

"Lightsabers or Light Cycles; Your Ass Is MINE"!

gamer0004
21st Mar 2008, 10:16
Well, the Eidos Montreal website says they develop for PS3, Xbox 360, PC, and Wii. No next generation consoles were mentioned. Although I imagine if it weren't for current-gen systems then the next Xbox, Playstation and (possibly) Nintendo console will get Deus Ex 3.

I believe that the eidos's website only mentioned PC, PS3 and the 360 a couple of months ago... Are they trying to make more money by realeasing DX3 on the Wii :nut:

zemegauser
28th Jun 2008, 19:48
Doesn't look like so to me...HAHAHA! And it is the truth.

Edit: They took it off, the bastards.