PDA

View Full Version : Characters Said To Be In Underworld

zombiezack123
15th Mar 2008, 22:43
IM NOT JOKING HERE BUT JAQUILINE NATLA IS RUMOURED TO MAKE A RETURN IN THIS GAME.

DONT BELIEVE ME HERE IS THE LINK. LOOK UNDER THE SECTION LABELED CAST

http://imdb.com/title/tt0972844/

Rai
15th Mar 2008, 22:50
Exactly, rumoured. That alone does not make it true. And this is IMD, which can be edited by any user, so is not a reliable source.

zombiezack123
15th Mar 2008, 22:53
Mabey Ur Right, But It Is A Clue, Perhaps They Dont Want To Give Away The Whole Story Just Yet. Anyway I Think That It Would Really Bring Tomb Raider To The Highest Potencial If They Added Characters From Past Games. To Really Link The Whole Lot Up. That Would Be Absolutely Amazing.

Verios
16th Mar 2008, 05:27
"The Internet Movie Database (IMDB)" is probably not the best place to go sleuthing for information regarding Tomb Raider: Underworld, or any video game for that matter.

Laura Croft
16th Mar 2008, 18:36
Firstly, IMDB isn't a very reliable source and it often gets things wrong. Secondly, Natla is dead, and nothing short of a miracle is going to bring her back. I wish people would stop obsessing about bringing her back. Why would Eidos want to bring her back anyway? Don't you think it'd kill the concept a bit keep bringing back old characters? Yes, I know they brought back Larson & Pierre in Chronicles, but that was because TR:C was about Lara's past, before TR1/Anniversary. They were then both killed. I think it's more interesting to see what original ideas Eidos can create for the Tomb Raider series and how they're going to work within the games. Sure, sometimes they're a disaster, but wouldn't it just be boring if we had the same characters for every single game?

That's just my opinion obviously. I know how arsy people get when people disagree with them.

William Croft
16th Mar 2008, 20:02
Only a rumor, I doubt its true. She doesn't really seem to fit in the Legend/Underworld story-line but who knows.

naraku
16th Mar 2008, 21:32
Natla has been rumored to be in the next installment for a long time now.

Fickji
17th Mar 2008, 03:03
Natla was squished under a column but she did tell Lara that Lara couldn't kill her. Anyway if Natla does come back it might just be a guest appearance like a memory or a recorded video. I highly dought that they'll bring her back as a live character.

They brough Sophia Leigh back in Tomb Raider Last Artifact(?) after electricuting her in TR3.

The question is will they tell us why they had Tihocan missing from his grave...

IMDB will usually put on both the rumors and the facts of upcoming movies/games. They're more reliable after the movies/games come out.

laralova101
17th Mar 2008, 08:44
yeah they sort of gave clues in tr legand if you looked closly, there were boxes which had natla on them also what about amanda is it just me or did she look a lot like natla ohh natlas daughter now that would be a scandle!

Jezyk
17th Mar 2008, 09:03
This is really getting boring, but I'll say it again... Amanda was just a regular student and she turned 'evil' after her Peru experience! I have no idea why people connect her with Natla when we have the whole story showed in the game? Perhaps it's just fun of speculating :nut:
I hope there won't be any connection between them in Underworld story as it would be forced.
The 'Natla Technologies' boxes was an unfortunate easter egg.

And about side characters, I think Zip and Alister are the only ones confirmed? And I'm 100% sure Winston will be back too.

Laura Croft
17th Mar 2008, 09:30
This is really getting boring, but I'll say it again... Amanda was just a regular student and she turned 'evil' after her Peru experience! I have no idea why people connect her with Natla when we have the whole story showed in the game? Perhaps it's just fun of speculating :nut:
I hope there won't be any connection between them in Underworld story as it would be forced.
The 'Natla Technologies' boxes was an unfortunate easter egg.

:thumbsup:

Thank god someone else agrees.

Fickji
17th Mar 2008, 20:55
I'll be evil and state that if you look closely that the ground carvings in TRL and the concept art for Bolivia redux that it looks like the scion. Just a little bit with the three sided prongs. And why would they go back to the beginning if they weren't going to tie it in with Tomb Raider underworld.

Besides Natla may be gone but her evil corporation is probably still going on strong.

It goes along with the whole monomyth. Swords in stones and the Atlantis sociaty. Remember what Natla says in the final confrontation. ;)

Jezyk
18th Mar 2008, 00:46
I think you don't understand me. I have nothing against Natla and the Atlanteans coming back etc. What I mean is that making some family or race connection between Amanda and Natla doesn't make any sense. Just read Amanda's story in Legend, she was just a regular person. Not to mention that IMHO the only similar thing abot them is hair and eye colour... wow, now that must really mean something :nut:

Imaginary Whisk
18th Mar 2008, 09:12
I think any way it goes they need to get their heads out of the clouds & not recycle characters for nostalgia purposes. :/

I understand easter eggs like the logo crates & the ever recurring dagger. But as far as characters go... they need to drop it & move forward with tying up the current series of events and not focusing the entire series on how she can find, or save her mother. I hope they put an end to that in this game so that the series itself can move on, and possibly... a separate adventure can take place in the next installment. ****

ms croft
27th Mar 2008, 11:44
plz dont laff at this bt ive herd tht kurtis trent frm AoD is returnin. :eek:

Jezyk
27th Mar 2008, 11:55
Hmm, I'm not sure if it's a "character", but I wonder about the Unknown Entity. Lara just took the stone in Legend and we don't really known what happened to it. Also I hope we'll get some answers to what really is that entity, what was it doing in Peru, why did the stone give power over it etc.

Xaander Le
1st Apr 2008, 08:40
I don't mind whether or not characters from previous games come back, but let's have some originality about their intents in the present.

What I would like to see:
1) Natla (or any other boss character) comes back and helps Lara from a distance.
2) Natla (or any other boss character) comes back and helps Lara in game (such as fighting on her side)
3) Natla (or any other boss character) comes back and tries to kill Lara's enemy.

What I definitely do NOT want to see:
1) Natla (or any other boss character) having a fist fight with Lara.
2) Natla (or any other boss character) having a gun fight with Lara.
3) Natla (or any other boss character) coming back purely for revenge.

SmartCookie1035
1st Apr 2008, 23:20
What I definitely do NOT want to see:
1) Natla (or any other boss character) having a fist fight with Laura.
.[/QUOTE]

:lol: I think we can rule that one out, although I have to contradict you in saying that it would be a particularly amusing thing to see, if not ruin the story.

But really, I wouldn't count on Miss Natla making a return. Or I sure hope not. That would just be weird. I mean, I would hope that Tomb Raider would have enough substance so that it does NOT have to rely on rediculously impossible plot twists to keep the player engaged, unlike Pirates of the Caribbean.