PDA

View Full Version : Your Dream Tomb Raider sequel

MaverickKing
6th Mar 2008, 22:05
If you were the head of Crystal Dynamics and were in charge of the next TR sequel, what would you do?

- Title (most important)
- Characters
- Artefact/s
- Locations
- Graphics Updates
- Vehicles
- Controls
- Timeline (where in the TR universe, and which continuinty, does it fit into?)
- Easter eggs

As for mine...

LARA CROFT: TOMB RAIDER - ETERNAL
(2nd Continuity)

Set after the events of Tomb Raider: Anniversary, Eternal sees Lara in the jungle of South America, searching for a Spanish galleon, washed ashore by a freak hurricane in the 17th century. But her discovery of ancient treasure is eclipsed by her recovery of a fragment of an ancient golden talisman - far older than the galleon. It will lead her to the sacred Garden of the Hesperides - home of the Hesperide nymphs, and a tree of peaches that grant immortality to its eater.

Upon her return to Croft Manor, she begins researching the talisman - and discovers one was brought to the secret archives of The Vatican in the 18th century. Lara heads to The Vatican, sneaking in as a nun, locating the second piece of the talisman in a secret vault far beneath the City. She is ambushed by a mercenary, whom Lara captures after a tense chase across Rome on motorcycle. He claims to be working for a man named Ezekiel.

Lara's return to Croft Manor is grim - Ezekiel has made contact. He has captured Kurtis Trent, and is willing to trade him for the two talisman pieces Lara already has, plus a third one lying in a tomb in the Three Gorges of China. Lara accesses the tomb via speedboat, dodging ancient traps and eventually finding the final talisman fragment.

Before Lara makes contact with Ezekiel, Zip reveals he traced Ezekiel's transmission to a castle in Prague. Lara heads there, dodging hired mercenaries and lurking through the castle's hidden passageways, eventually rescuing Kurtis from his underground dunegon. Kurtis reveals that Ezekiel found a "map room" to location the Garden - but needed the talisman to find its true location.

Kurtis and Lara barely escape from the castle, escaping through the wilderness on motorcycle. They head to the map room, buried beneath the sands of Egypt. They discover the Garden is concealed behind a gateway on Easter Island - but Kurtis is shot and wounded, taken away by Ezekiel. Lara follows Ezekiel, hiding out on his exclusive plane.

The plane lands on Easter Island. Ezekiel and his search party are out - Lara frees Kurtis from his prison on the plane. The two begin searching for the gateway, created by the moai. They head beneath the island, eventually opening the gates to the Garden of the Hesperides. Kurtis collapses, only minutes to live.

Lara is forced to get an apple from the Tree in order to save his life - except a dragon guards the Tree. Lara manages to defeat the dragon, and saves Kurtis's life, but Ezekiel returns, holding them at gunpoint. He eats an apple - and dies, as only the worthy can eat one. Lara defeats the rest of his henchmen, sealing them inside the Garden forever, at the mercy of the dragon.

Lara returns to Croft Manor with Kurtis, where Werner Von Croy is waiting for them. He has a surprise - AMELIA CROFT IS WITH HIM!

TBC...

LEVELS

- SOUTH AMERICA -

1. In The Dark
2. Caves
3. Mercenary Outpost
4. Galleon

- THE VATICAN -

5. Infiltration
6. ?
7. Secret Archives
8. Ambush

- CHINA -

9. The Tides
10. Trick of Light
11. ?
12. ?
13. The Sanctuary

- PRAGUE -

14. Enter The Castle
15. The Library
16. The Dungeon
17. Motorcycle Escape

- EGYPT -
18. The Atrium
19. The Traps
20. The Map Room
21. Escape

- EASTER ISLAND -

22. The Gateway
23. Underground Caverns
24. Inner World
25. Garden of the Hesperides
26. Final Confrontation

CROFT MANOR

CHARACTERS

Lara Croft -
Back with the old braid. More mysterious, perhaps harsher, not always kid-friendly.

Ezekiel -
A power hungry alchemist, who is willing to do anything to gain immortality.

Kurtis Trent -
The final member of the Lux Veritatis, and a demon hunter.

Zip -
Lara's technical support back at Croft Manor, and a good friend.

Werner Von Croy -
Lara's former mentor.

VEHICLES
Motorcycle
Speedboat

CO-OP MODE
Play alongside other characters in special missions - to excavate brand new tombs in other locations.

DEATH MATCH
Play as other characters in a battle to the death, in specifically designed tombs and locations from previous games - such as the Iris's Tomb from Last Revelation, the Strahov from Angel of Darkness, and others.

MUTLIPLAYER CHARACTERS
Kurtis Trent
Amanda
Werner Von Croy
Zip
Father Patrick Dunstan
Winston
Jacqueline Natla
Larson
Pierre DuPont
Marco Bartoli
Dr Mark Willard
Tony
Sophia Leigh
Jean-Yves
Pieter Van Eckhardt
Joachim Karel
James W. Rutland
Anaya Imanu

GRAPHICS AND CONTROLS
- No grapple
- The old manual grab
- Just all-round better controls
- Crisper graphics

EASTER EGGS
- More Natla crates
- In Lara's Treasure Vault, relics such as the Scion, the Dagger of Xian, the meteorite fragments, the Iris, the Obscura paintings, the Ghalali Key, and Excalibur all reside inside glass cases.
- Put the disc into a CD player, and it starts playing the soundtrack (like TR 1 and 2)
- Perhaps a quip in the Egypt level about "being buried before"
- A quip in China about "the last time I was here"
- Or a quip in Peru about "No dinosaurs this time, I hope."

Alternately, I'd also like to see a TR game deal with how Lara found the Ark of the Covenant, seen in Tomb Raider 1 in Lara's mansion.

Rai
6th Mar 2008, 22:41
Wow, you really thought this through. You do realise though that a sequel to TRA is unlikely as that is a remake to TR1? The next game, TR Underworld will carry on from where TR Legend left off.

Your idea seems to combine the Legend/AOD/TRA plots into one and expanded on them. You seem to have some good ideas and locations but I doubt Kurtis will ever return and I'm not sure about Werner. In TRA Lara hadn't met Zip yet, so I don't know where he fits into the plot if it continues from TRA? (in your idea).

I like your location ideas, except maybe Egypt as that is overdone already. But good news, Easter Island is a locale for TRU, as are Rome and The Vatican!

What I don't like is your ideas about multiplayer or the death matches. Tomb Raider is a puzzle solving, action adventure where Lara is alone on her missions and not some fight game.

But you do have some great ideas. I don't know how the plot will pan out in TRU, so I don't know what could possibly happen after that. Maybe you could write a fan fiction based on your ideas? I'm sure it would be awesome. :)

Fickji
6th Mar 2008, 23:17
OOHH I'll have to think and post about this one later.

Some ideas - Tomb Raider: THE Revenant of Time

Story idea -

Lara Croft exploring a long forgotten abby in England comes across an old manuscript. It talks about a vial of blood and pieces of a chalice. It also makes mention of Bram Stoker.

She travels to Dublin, Ireland in search of more information. There she sees Kurtis Trent very much alive but can't seem to catch up with him. She gives up for the moment to speak with a Bram Stoker researcher she went to girls school with (name pending). She hears about an old castle on the outskirts of Dublin and descends the depths. There she fights the giant serpent again with no luck of killing it and finds a part of the chalice. AS she touches the chalice Warner Von Croy appears to offer warning and advice leading her to...

Čachtice Castle in Hungary. There to Lara's surpise is Sophia Leigh who laughs at Lara and states that Lara may have tried to kill her on two past occasions but as she is immortal she cannot be killed. She however looks the worst for wear and tries to kill Lara. Lara through death defying feats escapes only to come face to face with Elizabeth Bathory. She gives Lara another piece of the chalice with the promise that Lara will come back to her when the whole chalice is complete. The rest of the chalice is in

Poienari Castle, Romania in a secret underground cave system. Lara again is off but not before Von Croy's ghost warns her not to trust Elizabeth Bathory. Again many traps and such await Lara in the caves. It is also revealed that Vlad Tempest has made a home for himself there with a magnificent new castle. Kurtis Trent shows up to stop the old prince from sucking Lara dry and they both team up together. However when Lara goes for the next piece of the chalice she reliazis a piece isn't there. Vlad Temest explains. Its in

Austrailia - An englishman stole it from Vlad Tempest when he was at the abby in England and then was shipped to Australia as a prisoner. So off Lara goes while Kurtis goes back to Hungary to research what the vial of blood is.

Hungary again - Successfully gaining the last piece and thus the full chalice she makes her way back to Elizabeth Bathory. However tragedy is not far behind. Kurtis Trent and Sophia Leigh have been captured by Elizabeth Bathory. She's threatens to kill them both if Lara does not give her the chalice. Lara says the chalice is useless without the blood. Elizabeth says that in truth it is Kurtis's blood as he is the last of his kind. Sophia Leigh has freed herself by this time and has taken a vial of Kurtis's blood. A fight ensuses and Sophia gets the chalice. However it is useless unless there is a blood sacrafice. As Elizabeth and Sophia fight over the chalice Lara frees Kurtis and causes an explosen that seals both Elizabeth and Sophia in together. But not before Lara grapples the chalice out of their hands.

"This will look lovely in my collection."

Characters -

Lara Croft: Our hero and finder of lost items
Kurtis Trent: Demon Hunter
Sophia Leigh: Seeking Revenge on Lara and the secret of eternal youth
Warner Von Croy: A ghost of the former mentor of Lara
Vampires of Myth - Elizabeth Batheroy, Vlad Tempest, others
Townspeople: minor characters

Locations -
England
Ireland
Hungary
Romania
Australia
Hungry

Timeline - Sometime after Legend and possibly after Underworld

Controls - a combination of old and new moves, cheats unlocked throughout game, lots of secret artifacts, no timetrials, manual grap option, magnetic grapple, lack of headset (gets broken in Ireland), cutscenes with Lara doing amazing things, NO Interactive Cutscenes (think God of War), no hints when she pulls switchs or buttons

Vehicles - motorcycle, snowboard?

Easter Eggs -
the 3 Croft Manors mentioned in TR legend - Old games manor, new games manor, castle type manor
Larger manors with extra secrets
Trophy rooms with items from all TR games
Outfits galore with extra skin characters (Play as Kurtis)
Unlockable trophies throughout game

Next-gen graphics
Available on PS3, Xbox360, Wii and PS2

Wow that was long, Hope you like it.

MaverickKing
6th Mar 2008, 23:27
I like the ideas for Revenant of Time. I'd play it. I mean... vampires, Australia, Kurtis...

LaraCroftLuver
6th Mar 2008, 23:49
Title: Tomb Raider: Lost City (copyright)
Characters: Lara Croft, Alister, Anaya, Zip, and the villian would be the guy that killed Lara's father.
Artefacts: Aztc and Mayan atifacts
Locations:
-London
-Romania
-South America
-Arabia
-Sudan
-Singapore
-Nepal

Graphics Updates:
The latest stuff
Vehicles:
Jeep, Motorcycle
Controls:
Same
Timeline: Present and Future

LegendLost
7th Mar 2008, 01:01
Dream Locations

- Flying Plane (huge, like in the movie Die Another Day, full of rooms)
- The Everglades Florida
- Australian outback
- The Amazon with huge snakes to worry about.

(imagine just strolling through the jungle and a huge snake just slithers from nowhere)

- The croft manor as a Level.
- A timed level. Something like being in a building about to collapse and you actually have to beat the level in like 35 mins. Imagine the pressure. :mad2:

james987654321
7th Mar 2008, 05:29
If you were the head of Crystal Dynamics and were in charge of the next TR sequel, what would you do?

- Title (most important)
Tomb Raider Covenant
- Characters
Lara Croft, Zip & Allister
- Artefact/s
Ark of the Covenant, and 3 undiscovered/unknown copper scrolls which guide lara to the Ark.
- Locations
Jerusalem, Ethiopia, Egypt, Babalon etc
- Graphics Updates
Latest
- Vehicles
Quad Bike, Jeep
- Controls
Same Controls Added Pole vaulting Option
Present Time, New Story line
- Easter eggs
...Taste nice?

naraku
7th Mar 2008, 06:48
Well if I we're head of Eidos I would do the story that I post in L..A..U..X..
Title:scratch:
Tomb Raider Temptation
characters
Lara, Agent D, Ethan Croft, Errol Croft, Richard, Sylvan Alexandros/??, ?, Hades, Uranus, Winston, Alister, and Zip
Locations
Athens Greece/Acropolis/ Temple of Zeus/ Mt. Olympus, Croatia/mountains/facility, Courtroom in London, Croft Manor, Croft Castle/ Cottage/ dungeon/ Dragons lair, Italy/ Curnae/ Avernus crater/ Hades, Turkey, Iraq/ Iraqi Prison/ Ziggurat/ Beneath the Ziggurat, Egypt/ Alexandria, Morocco, Lybia/ Atlas mountains/ Atlas Temple/ Atlas room/ Hercules tricks Atlas room/ Uranus planetarium,
Vehicles
Plane, Land Rover, Camel, Trident lets her Surf, Helicopter
Controls
Pressing L2 or R2 allow us to individually use L3 and R3 to control different arms for aiming at different targets. Square lets us Jump, L1 lets us Sprint R1 for firing. D pad lets us use medipack, change weapons or gear, Zoom in/focus on something without using binoculars, Communicate with Zip and Alister.
Timeline
Before Plane crash and her Mother's disappearance, After Underworld, when she started raiding, Exploring tombs with her Father (ala TR4 with Von Croy)before his disappearance, when she caught big foot
Bonuses
Zip, Winston, Alister interact with her in the Manor. Get to explore Castle whenever like Croft Manor, and Flash back to when she and her Cousin fell into the Dungeon, bonus flash back level when she caught bigfoot

MaverickKing
8th Mar 2008, 05:56
My updated post. And probably what I'm going to do for my FanFiction.

LARA CROFT: TOMB RAIDER - RESURRECTION

Lara Croft
James W. Rutland Jr.
Ezekiel
Winston
Anaya Imaru
(no Zip or Alister)

PLOT
Lara Croft's search for a sunken Spanish galleon changes course dramatically when a dangerous figure from a past adventure returns. Lara soon finds herself in a race to recover a powerful artefact, and unlock the secret to one of history's most ancient mysteries.

LOCATIONS
South America
Croft Manor
The Three Gorges, China
Morocco
Sector 7, Siberia
The Caribbean
Cappadocia, Turkey

VEHICLES
Jeep
Motorcycle
Snowboard
Quadbike

NOTES
- The first time Lara returns to Croft Manor, she visits the memorial for Kurtis Trent. He will NOT appear.
- The return of Lara's traditional braid and hair.
- I am designing a fake trailer for this game/story, and plan to release it on YouTube in the next week or so.
- Exactly when in the Tomb Raider continuity this game is set, I'm not entirely sure. Probably just before the events of Legend.

robert256
9th Mar 2008, 05:00
All I know I think they did a great job with the story and how Lora is playing like a hero in Tomb Raider Legend. I have TR Anniversary and I don't care for it.

Larapink
9th Mar 2008, 14:56
All I know I think they did a great job with the story and how Lora is playing like a hero in Tomb Raider Legend. I have TR Anniversary and I don't care for it.
You obviously have not played anniversary properly, anniversary was amazing!

Back to on topic, well at the moment I don't have a story to tell yet, but from what I have read so far the stories are great.

Larahair
10th Mar 2008, 03:08
My dream game for tr is a Christmas story and a fart button. I want Lara to be the only playable character. When Lara farts a massive explosion happens which can be heard and smelt for miles!!!!!! The bad guys die a slow powerful death.

TDK
10th Mar 2008, 17:46
- Title (most important)

Tomb Raider : The Heretic Civilization !

- Characters
Lara Croft
Lara son
Hillary (the guy from Tr film)
Zip
Manfred Powell (the bad guy from the Tr film)

- Artefact/s
going to bermuda triangle and find wierd things there

- Locations
london
nepal
USA (NY)
iraq
nicaragua
hawaii
german

- Graphics Updates
lol dont aske me these stuff :P

- Vehicles
aston martin db9
mini cooper
motorciycle
jeep

- Controls
every thing just like TR:L And A

umm a new time line like u know lara had a kid from one of her old lovers and she had a son who is like his mother loves to rading tombs and he try to go to the bermuda triangle and then he is LOST :D umm his mom go to search and she will find him there bla bla bla :)

naraku
12th Mar 2008, 07:07
My dream game for tr is a Christmas story and a fart button. I want Lara to be the only playable character. When Lara farts a massive explosion happens which can be heard and smelt for miles!!!!!! The bad guys die a slow powerful death.

:lol: Fart button:lol:

RinoTheBouncer
22nd Mar 2008, 17:05
Tomb Raider : The Messenger

Characters :

01. Lara Croft (Do I Have To Introduce Her ?!)
02. Jean Yeevs (An Old Friend Of Lara)
03. Natla (She's Back For Revenge)
04. Dr.Erric (A Literature Professor In Israel Who Has The Secret Of The Ancient Scripts)
05. Kurtis Trent (Close To Lara's Heart)
06. Anaya Imanu (An Old Friend Of Lara)
07. Mr.Elias (A Literature Professor In Syria Who Helps Lara Getting A Hold Of The Scripts)
08. Dr.Wafa'a (A Biology Professor In Jordan Also Interested In Archealogy , Helps Lara In Jordan)
09. Sheikh Nu'maan (One Of The Sheikhs Of Saudia Arabia , Who helps Lara Through Her Mission In K.S.A.)
10. Leutinent Bill (Wants To Capture Lara In Iraq)
11. Al Tawheed Gang (Group Of Terrorist In Iraq , Mahood , Ali , Saa'doun ,Who Claim To Be Fighting For Islam But All They Want Is Money)

Storyline :

Lara is on a quest to go to the middle east to unlock hidden mysteries of the Summerian , Akadian , Babylonian , Nabatine , Ashurian and Finiqian Civilization ... and help the people from mass destruction caused by the fight American forces in Iraq and Iraqi Defence , as well as the Jewish attacks on Palestinians and palestinan defence ... and how the lead to mass destruction without the help of The Messenger , Lara Croft who fights for the people and finds the ancient artifact in Iraq to unlock the hidden door of Samarra Minaret and release the massive power to stop the fight and helps her Lover Kurtis Trent who was captured by Iraqi Defence accidently.

Levels / Locations :

01. Syria

- Chaos In Damascus
- Hamediya Markets
- Mosque Of Sayeda Zaineb
- Orient Express Escape

02. Jordan

-Um Qais Waters
-The Romanian Coloseum
-Al-Salt Castel
-Ruins Of Petra
-The Sleepless City
-The Dead Sea Secret

03. Palestine

-The Ancient Scrpits
-Al Borak Wall
-Beneath The Mosque Of Dome Rock
-Escape From Violence

04. Saudia Arabia

-Flying To The Land Of Power
-Mosque Of The Profit (P.B.U.H)
-The PilgrImage
-Secret Of Blessed Water
-Saving The Holy Land

05. Iraq

-The Eastern Gate
-Walking In Bloody Alleys
-Trip To Babylon
-Prisons Abu Ghraib
-Mystery Of The Hung Gardens
-The Odyssey Of Gelgamesh
-Unlocking The Door Of Samara
-The Gift Of Destiny

At The Ending Levels , Lara unlocks the Minaret Of Samarra , Kurtis gets kindnapped in the meantime and the war breaks in and its her turn to ride her horse going through all the violence saying UNTIL MY LAST BREATH I WILL FIGHT and saves Kurtis and the world from mass destruction.

Riding Activity :

01. Arabian Horse
02. Motorcycle
03. Range Rover

Controls :

TR:Legend Fluid Mode
The Adrenaline Doge is NOT the only way of beating enemies
Multiple ways in defeating bosses and finishing levels
NO BUGS
No Cheats , When you do certain things in the game you can unlock certain features and you can select between activating or disactivating them without being activated by a Cheat code.

Outfits :

Each level has it's own outfits (Like Legend)
Unlockable Outfits can be gained by doing certain activites or finding certain items
Going to Dressmaker or Botiques to buy outfits (as a special feature)

Extra Play :

01. Croft Manor
02. A Visit To The Mall (Jordan Extra Level)
03. Seprate Ways (Play The Other Characters' Stroyline)

Special Features :

01. Breathless (Infinite Breath)
02. Immortal (Infinite Health)
03. Ancient Mode (Dress As One Of The Ancient Queens)
04. Solja-Gurl (All Weapons With Infinite Ammo)
05. Fly Mode (Fly Across The Land By A Vehicle)

Timeline :

After The Last Revelation / Legend \ AOD
Connecting the whole TR Series

The Soundtrack :

Angel Of Darkness (The Messenger Edit)
For Angel Of Darkness (Original) : Click Here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnpC39pxeAQ)

naraku
23rd Mar 2008, 00:11
Wow their is enough material here to make ten more TR games! :cool:

Xaander Le
31st Mar 2008, 17:30
I don't really have any ideas for a title or levels, only a plot line.

When the international company Leah Technologies manages to raise the R.M.S. Titanic they find an old manuscript written on papyrus. Within the manuscript details of what happened to Qualopec and Tihocan after the fall of Atlantis are documented as well as information on a second Scion, designed to be more powerful than the original which was split into two parts and hidden in remnants of Atlantis

Lara Croft finds out that Leah Technologies is in fact a merged company, having been formed when Sophia Leah made a corporate takeover of Natla Technologies before the events of Tomb Raider 3. In order to find the second Scion, Sophia has used Natla Technologies research department to find all Atlantis remnants. Having searched the ruins of the Lost Island expecting to find the second Scion, Leah instead found the broken and battered form of Jaqueline Natla whom Sophia heals in order to obtain Natla's knowledge, to the point of giving her a human form. Realising that others might be after the second Scion, the two form an alliance and decide to use their common enemy to retrieve the second Scion for them as Lara is the best in the world.

It would start with Lara not knowing who her two new employers are (they would use fake names and only communicate by email) but the player is given clues to the pair's real identities (nothing too obvious, something that isn't handed to the player on a plate). Lara would also have new, on-lethal moves which would affect the story (if she killed an enemy, she might not be able to progress/ if she didn't kill the enemy, she might be ambushed) will alternative endings given based upon the player's performance in boss battles (if Lara killed a boss, she might feel guilty, if Lara spared a boss, that boss might give Lara backup or information later on in the game.)

It would fit in between Tomb Raider 2 and Tomb Raider 3.

There would be four different endings overall based upon whether or not the player killed Sophia Leah and Jacqueline Natla. Below are my ideas for alternate ending based upon certain conditions.

Killed both Leah and Natla. Lara retrieves the artifact and goes to throw it into a lava pit but slips and falls in herself.
Killed Leah but spared Natla. Lara retrieves the artifact and puts it in her backpack, intending to keep it for herself. Natla offers Lara a job in her company which Lara accepts.
Spared Leah but killed Natla. Lara retrieves the artifact and throws it into a lava pit, then walks to the unconscious form of Sophia Leah and points her gun at Leah's head, but holsters it, deciding it would be wrong to shoot an unconscious person. Sophia eventually wakes up but has amnesia, so doesn't remember who Lara Croft is. (This would leave the way open for Tomb Raider 3)
Spared both Leah and Natla. Lara retrieves the artifact and throws it into a lava pit, then leaves. Natla and Leah are seen being arrested by the autorities and are sent to a maximum security ward in an asylum and are imprisoned for life, with the two sharing a room in the asylum and driving each other mad.

Teresa
29th Apr 2008, 13:34
Even though none of us has to take these decisions it is nice to read all the ideas.

I'll wait till I get the job.

___
http://www.superheroesspace.com/

mimi90
1st May 2008, 16:25
[QUOTE=MaverickKing;736258]

- THE VATICAN -

5. Infiltration
6. ?
7. Secret Archives
8. Ambush

have you ever read angels and demons... the vatican storyline would be cool in that...

Anarae
10th May 2008, 07:43

I'd pick up where AOD left off, because for some reason I can't let go of the story. There was supposed to be a trilogy and I think the storyline had so much potential. I'm criticized a lot for not moving on from this particular storyline.

- Title (most important)
Tomb Raider: Eternal Doors

- Characters
Lara Croft
Winston
Zip
The following characters from AOD:
Karel
Kurtis Trent
The following original characters:
Alex Finch
Dr. Holt

- artifact/s
The Heart of a Nephilim (after Lara rips Karel's out, hehe!)
Skeleton key to the Lux Veritatis commons
Articles about the Pangea

- Locations
Lara's Mansion
Utah Flats (not very exotic, I know)
Rome
Australia
Pangea

- Graphics Updates
Let's just go with Underworld's.

- Vehicles
Motorbike
Trash can lid (curious how I'm going to use that one, yeah?)

- Controls
Let's get crazy.
Remove the safety grab and go back to manual. The "if you miss this jump Lara screams and plummets to her death" scenarios were so scary and fun!
Completely eliminate the adrenaline dodge.
Add back the sneaking up behind people and punching them out technique. Stealth was very fun and refreshing.
Eliminate the need for hint icons.

- Timeline (where in the TR universe, and which continuity, does it fit into?)
Angel of Darkness timeline. Picks up directly where AOD left off.

- Easter eggs
Making of the game.
Unlockable outfits.
Concept art gallery.
Behind the music.

Story
Practice Level in Lara's Mansion.
-Cutscene-
Lara wakes up in her four poster bed, surveys the room, and grabs the handgun sitting on her nightstand. She aims the gun toward the doorway and furrows her brows. She can hear someone quietly pacing outside her bedroom door. She gets up out of bed, angry that her sleep has been disturbed, and walks to the door. She reaches for the knob. The footsteps stop. She turns the handle carefully and pulls the door open, quickly locking target on the person in the doorway. The person jumps back; Lara applies light pressure to the trigger. "I don't remember scheduling any visitors."

Out of the shadows steps Alex Finch. Lara rolls her eyes and Alex laughs, holding up a shiny gold key. He warns Lara about keeping her doors locked and apologizes for waking her. He'd never come unless it was important, but he needs her help.

She humours him. He explains to Lara that her old enemy Karel isn't as dead as she thought. The glove she'd used to kill him had been found and donated to a museum, but it was recently stolen.

She tells him that she has a few things to do at the mansion first, but she agrees to help him. Lara tells him to meet her at the mansion tomorrow and they'll hash out the details.
-End of cutscene-

The mansion is a practice level, of course. This is where Lara goes through several practices in the gym and etc. Because in my Tomb Raider world, Lara would want to warm up at her house before going out to raid. :)

-cutscene-
After the practice is complete, Alex drops in on her again. This time in the gym where she's finishing off a set of flips. He's impressed, but quickly gets to business. He tells her that he had a contact who knew the efforts of Karel quite well, but he lost contact a few months ago. He gives Lara an address in the Utah Flats. He reveals that his contact goes by the name of Kurtis Trent.

Lara tells Alex that she's worked with him before in efforts to defeat Karel. She says he'll be easy to find. Alex asks her why. She says, "I have something that belongs to him." (She's referring to the Chirugai.)
-end of cutscene-

-cutscene-
Lara arrives at Kurtis' apartment. She doesn't get an answer to she breaks down the door.

Levels:
UTAH
-The Struggle
-Going Mad
-Across the Rooftops
-Catching up

ROME
-Vatican City
-Underneath the Cross
-Unholy Ground
-Ashes to Ashes

AUSTRALIA
- Once For Prisoners
-The Great Rebellion
-Uncovering the Tomb

PANGEA (back in time, when all the continents were connected)
-Pieces Mended
-Breaking Apart the World
-Memory Lane

I only put the first couple of cutscenes, because I could write an extensive plan and it'd take all day.

rg_001100
10th May 2008, 08:43
Alternately, I'd also like to see a TR game deal with how Lara found the Ark of the Covenant, seen in Tomb Raider 1 in Lara's mansion.

Title: "Lara Croft in: Raider of the Lost Ark"

Never mind.

A fighter jet would be cool, but irrelavent.
(Take a sidewinder, you stupid jaguar!)

Rachie
1st Jul 2008, 07:02
I'm glad to see you all have involved Kurtis in some way...... I really want him back! So when he disarms Lara, I can continue my stream of, "You stupid Kurtis, bet you're enjoying that aren't you? How dare you take my things, do you know how long it took me to get that? Oh you'd really love to kill me won't you?"

God I love him. He's so awesome. :thumbsup:

hummingbird87
4th Jul 2008, 12:56
Has anyone ever seen those Lucozade or Visa advertisements featuring Tomb Raider. If I could design I sequel I would probably make one that looks like one of those ads. Its probably possible now.

Gitb97
12th Feb 2009, 21:44
Title - Tomb Raider : The Last Renmant

Characters:
Lara Croft
Kurtis Trent
Amy Conwell ( my character )
Pierre ( Thrall)
Alister (Thrall)
Zip
Winston
Janice *enimy*
Amanda *enemy*
Mee !! ( laras sphycic xD )
Natla is dead so natalia xD
Shaun
Liz

Locations
Croft Mannor (Playabale like in TRA and TRL)
Mexico
Germany
China
Turkey
Finland
Poland
America - L.A
Britain - Cornwall
Britain - Scotland
Artic
Nepal - Old Memories (levels name..)

Easter Egg:
Picture Of Amelia
A Mountain Of Pie (farr away must be located using binoculars)

Veichial:
MotorBike
Van
Underwater Boat
Yaht

Controles:
All The Same...

TimeLine:
Set in 2010 xP

i hope u like..