PDA

View Full Version : Found me a glitch while playing Blood Omen 2

dragonfly2
3rd Mar 2008, 23:41
Well I decided that since I'm waiting for a new game to come out I popped in my Blood Omen 2 (that I've must have played 30 times) into my ps3. Now this is the first time I'm playing this game on this console and after checking the Sony web site they said theres no problems with the game. Well when I got to chapter 9 and I have to get Kain to destroy the Mass I was at a level where you have to get Kain to use his tk On a switch to move crates and then use his mind control on a human to cross a bridge and flip a switch I couldn't get the human to cross the bridge, it was like he was running into an invisable wall. I was Like *OH NOES*!!! I was :mad2: ****:whistle: now I'm stuck I've played the game over again hoping this was just a one time glitch but it isn't. *cries* I have experienced a similar glitch in another game called Summoner where you have to get a key that you need to open a door but lo and behold no key. I wonder do these guys who make these new consoles actually play the game through to really check if theres a bug? :mad2:

Raziel'sRevenge
6th Mar 2008, 21:56
*cries along with you*

When I get my PS3 I'll have to remember to look out for that one. I'm already planning on keeping my PS2 though, she's served me too well to just toss aside :)

dragonfly2
7th Mar 2008, 01:26
Well I traded my ps2 in for the ps3 now I wish I kept it. I am planning on buying a ps2 since they still have them in stores at a lower cost. But I have no regrets buying the ps3. My advice is hang on to your ps2. I'll keep this thread up to date if I find any other game with problems.

So far half life :thumbsup: no problems.

Soul Reaver 2 a thumbs down. Theres an issue with a pillar disappearing from one of the puzzles. Something I read about in another thread.

The Ancients
7th Mar 2008, 22:57
My advice is hang on to your ps2.

good advice, i have a ps3 too but i use my ps2 when playing ps2 games. the ps3 causes problems with a lot of ps2 games

Edge of the Coin
19th Mar 2008, 09:51
On that note, anybody know where I can find a cheap PSOne? I keep hitting a glitch in Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain just after the Blood Fountain where he obtains Beguile. I haven't played BO1 or SR1 in forever because they don't work right on a PS2 (and neither do PSOne memory cards, for that matter). Eh, sorry to crash the party. I haven't posted here in quite awhile, and at 6 AM, I'm a little too bleary to be typing at all, lol.

dragonfly2
19th Mar 2008, 14:31
On that note, anybody know where I can find a cheap PSOne? I keep hitting a glitch in Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain just after the Blood Fountain where he obtains Beguile. I haven't played BO1 or SR1 in forever because they don't work right on a PS2 (and neither do PSOne memory cards, for that matter). Eh, sorry to crash the party. I haven't posted here in quite awhile, and at 6 AM, I'm a little too bleary to be typing at all, lol.

Wow! I have never had a problem with any of my ps1 games on my ps2. I do know that if you buy the other name brands of mem cards for the ps1 they have a tendency to go caput on you and won't work any more. I've had that problem with the madcats memory card and as for the game not working well on your ps2 then I think you need a new one. If your looking for a ps1 console you may have to look at Ebay I've seen some there.

Welcome back :D long time no see.

Edge of the Coin
20th Mar 2008, 03:42
Wow! I have never had a problem with any of my ps1 games on my ps2. I do know that if you buy the other name brands of mem cards for the ps1 they have a tendency to go caput on you and won't work any more. I've had that problem with the madcats memory card and as for the game not working well on your ps2 then I think you need a new one. If your looking for a ps1 console you may have to look at Ebay I've seen some there.

Welcome back :D long time no see.

Thanks :D . I've had two PS2s and neither of them have accepted all the media they are supposed to be able to from the beginning. Just my luck, I guess, lol. It might also be the games... I've had them for years and I bought them used, so that might have something to do with it :rolleyes: . I'm a little leary of EBay, though, I've had some bad purchases there and the shipping really gets yeh. Plus... checking now... all the PSOnes are around $40. Dunno if I can afford to drop that much on such a dodgy purchase... I guess I'll start haunting Gamestop, or something...

Or, I guess I could content myself reading transcripts of the games and practicing my animation on Blood Omen scenes, lol. Now if I could only rip some audio... :scratch:

An update to the situation; I found a PSOne on EBay for $26.50 including shipping and insurance (yeah, I always get the insurance, I'm a paranoid bastard, lol), so I grabbed it. The page says it's all "guaranteed to work" so, maybe it will :$. I guess I'll find out in 2-4 days.

dragonfly2
20th Mar 2008, 14:55
I certainly hope it does too. But I was thinking have you checked your disc's to see how worn they are, I did buy a game on ebay and it turned out the game was so scatched up and worn it wouldn't play and even EB games wouldn't take it in trade because of it's condition. But finding a ps1 console in good condition is a treasure.

Edge of the Coin
20th Mar 2008, 18:13
Yes, the console looked pretty decent in what photos were provided, and at under $30 bucks, I thought I'd take the gamble.

My games were in pretty good condition when I bought them, and I take good care of them. I just checked them out before I bought the PSOne. There aren't any visible scratches on the BO disc at all, and Soul Reaver has a few hairline scratches. Never had any problem with them on a PSOne. I'm guessing the problem is with my PS2, even though it's new (but not new enough to return)... I'm especially careful with my old games, because they're getting more and more rare to find in any kind of working condition. Especially Blood Omen. The newer ones are a different matter, though. Blood Omen 2 has glitches all throughout because of the condition I got it in, and Defiance is going in that direction. LOL I need to get BO2 while there are still new copies of it out there, come to think of it.

dragonfly2
21st Mar 2008, 03:34
Hehe I'm always carefull about the condition of my disc's too and propper cleaning keeps them in perfect working order.;) But it's too bad you've had no luck with the ps2 consoles.:confused:

ammon
5th Apr 2009, 14:51

when i tried to play Bloodrayne 2 (i know, i'm a traitor :p ) on my PS2 - for the first time it worked- but when i tried to play it mouths after, it wouldn't load or register at all
and i found out, it was because the inside of my PS2 was covered in dust (live in a very dusty house) so i carefully gave it a good clean. Worked alright after that.
don't know about the memory cards - all i'll say is stay away from see-through ones!! (even offical ones!)
cause i had one with completed Spyro 2 (PS1) data, i put it in a draw and BOOF all my saves were gone! (and it hadn't been near anything to cause that to happen!?)

JanosAudron001
11th Aug 2010, 15:23
I'm having the problem as the other kid with Chapter 2! Does anyone know how to get past this annoying "OMG my guy is stuck in an invisible wall and i can't get to the switch!!!!!!!!!!!" :mad2: issue?!?! Cuz, i don't want to start the game all over again, that would be toooo much of a pain in my royal ass to go threw all of that bull crap again!! DX

Can anyone help me? :confused:

JanosAudron001
11th Aug 2010, 15:35
Dude, did u find away around that glitch?! Cuz I'm having the same problem that u are having! The human keeps running into an invisible wall and i don't know how to fix it!!

JanosAudron001
11th Aug 2010, 15:36
Well I decided that since I'm waiting for a new game to come out I popped in my Blood Omen 2 (that I've must have played 30 times) into my ps3. Now this is the first time I'm playing this game on this console and after checking the Sony web site they said theirs no problems with the game. Well when I got to chapter 9 and I have to get Kain to destroy the Mass I was at a level where you have to get Kain to use his tk On a switch to move crates and then use his mind control on a human to cross a bridge and flip a switch I couldn't get the human to cross the bridge, it was like he was running into an invisible wall. I was Like *OH NOES*!!! I was :mad2: ****:whistle: now I'm stuck I've played the game over again hoping this was just a one time glitch but it isn't. *cries* I have experienced a similar glitch in another game called Summoner where you have to get a key that you need to open a door but lo and behold no key. I wonder do these guys who make these new consoles actually play the game through to really check if theirs a bug? :mad2:

Dude, do u know how to get past this bug? I don't know how, can u help?

Demonic13
16th Aug 2010, 22:26

I am having the same problem. I am messing around trying to see if I can by-pass the glitch. Even if I have to transfer saved data from my PS3 to my computer and somehow convert it on a ps2 memory card to play on a ps2 just to pass to the next check point. then convert back. Not sure how to do that yet but research might help if at all possible. I know there's some way to get that guy to jump the F****** bridge. If not then there some way to by-pass it. I like complicated puzzles. For those or you that don't then this game is best only in a working ps2. If anyone figures this out before me let us know thanks

Demonic13
16th Aug 2010, 23:02
I am having the same problem. I am messing around trying to see if I can by-pass the glitch. Even if I have to transfer saved data from my PS3 to my computer and somehow convert it on a ps2 memory card to play on a ps2 just to pass to the next check point. then convert back. Not sure how to do that yet but research might help if at all possible. I know there's some way to get that guy to jump the F****** bridge. If not then there some way to by-pass it. I like complicated puzzles. For those or you that don't then this game is best only in a working ps2. If anyone figures this out before me let us know thanks

I FOUND IT! I am a gaming genius. lol Just kidding I FOUND an Easy Way passed the ps3 glitch But I'm not telling :rasp: Just messing with you. NOW listen and read all these instructions so your not confused. clearly this may take you a few times to get it right. It took me two times. You start off at the top of the room there is a human DO NOT KILL HIM! continue and kill the alien. then use the TK to move the crate then use the mind power to move the man to the bridge where he wont cross it. Then use the TK again to move the crate back and block him in so he has on wear to run and hide. Leave him right on top of the bridge. Position yourself close to where the human blocked by the crate. Use your mind power to get the human in the beginning that I told you not to kill to come towards you. Target him and lift him in a choke hold, DO NOT THROW, STRIKE, OR HURT HIM! For you will need him just in case it takes you a few times to do this. Let Kane drop the human once he get up he will scream and run alerting blocked off Human on the bottom. The human on the bottom might run towards the opposite side, towards the wall but if he does, reposition him again at the bridge again and chock the human near you. When Kane drops him he will again get up and scream and run alerting the human below. Eventually the human on the bottom will run away crossing the bridge by himself. let him go all the way across before using your mind power to finish the job. ENJOY!

Demonic13
23rd Aug 2010, 23:36

I FOUND IT! I am a gaming genius. lol Just kidding I FOUND an Easy Way passed the ps3 glitch But I'm not telling Just messing with you. NOW listen and read all these instructions so your not confused. clearly this may take you a few times to get it right. It took me two times. You start off at the top of the room there is a human DO NOT KILL HIM! continue and kill the alien. then use the TK to move the crate then use the mind power to move the man to the bridge where he wont cross it. Then use the TK again to move the crate back and block him in so he has on wear to run and hide. Leave him right on top of the bridge. Position yourself close to where the human blocked by the crate. Use your mind power to get the human in the beginning that I told you not to kill to come towards you. Target him and lift him in a choke hold, DO NOT THROW, STRIKE, OR HURT HIM! For you will need him just in case it takes you a few times to do this. Let Kane drop the human once he get up he will scream and run alerting blocked off Human on the bottom. The human on the bottom might run towards the opposite side, towards the wall but if he does, reposition him again at the bridge again and chock the human near you. When Kane drops him he will again get up and scream and run alerting the human below. Eventually the human on the bottom will run away crossing the bridge by himself. let him go all the way across before using your mind power to finish the job. ENJOY!

Demonic13
23rd Aug 2010, 23:37
*cries along with you*

When I get my PS3 I'll have to remember to look out for that one. I'm already planning on keeping my PS2 though, she's served me too well to just toss aside :)

I FOUND IT! I am a gaming genius. lol Just kidding I FOUND an Easy Way passed the ps3 glitch But I'm not telling Just messing with you. NOW listen and read all these instructions so your not confused. clearly this may take you a few times to get it right. It took me two times. You start off at the top of the room there is a human DO NOT KILL HIM! continue and kill the alien. then use the TK to move the crate then use the mind power to move the man to the bridge where he wont cross it. Then use the TK again to move the crate back and block him in so he has on wear to run and hide. Leave him right on top of the bridge. Position yourself close to where the human blocked by the crate. Use your mind power to get the human in the beginning that I told you not to kill to come towards you. Target him and lift him in a choke hold, DO NOT THROW, STRIKE, OR HURT HIM! For you will need him just in case it takes you a few times to do this. Let Kane drop the human once he get up he will scream and run alerting blocked off Human on the bottom. The human on the bottom might run towards the opposite side, towards the wall but if he does, reposition him again at the bridge again and chock the human near you. When Kane drops him he will again get up and scream and run alerting the human below. Eventually the human on the bottom will run away crossing the bridge by himself. let him go all the way across before using your mind power to finish the job. ENJOY!