PDA

View Full Version : Lara's Breathing...CLEAR ***BEEEEEP***

LaraCroftLuver
1st Mar 2008, 01:29
Dont you think they should make lara's chest move as if shes breathing.

TDK
1st Mar 2008, 07:17
why not i like this idea

TwinPistols
1st Mar 2008, 08:46
It's a good idea it would make it more realistic.

Tomb-Dude
1st Mar 2008, 11:16
Would seem bit realistic but if you look are peoples chest are can't noramlly see it move if they are breathing normally unless they take in a deep breathe.

Rai
1st Mar 2008, 11:43
Its a small detail that would be difficult to implicate. I like it but you can't see someone breathing unless they are lying down and even then it is difficult to see. And If she sighs then it's part of a cut scene - IE: after she collects the scion in SoTC level, TRA. We already get heartbeats if the health bar is low, maybe if she is stood still, we could see her breathing, but we can already see her breath in cold climates. That is good enough for me! :D

Wess~Gamer
1st Mar 2008, 11:53
It's a cool Idea and it will indeed make it more realistic..

But like already said: you can hardly see people beathing,
And you even see it less when they are running and jumping and shooting, etc..
They have to make it so that it would only move a couple of millimetres unless shes's taking a deep breath, what would be very hard to do.
Don't forget that they have to let lara stop breathing while underwater, otherwise it would be kinda weird don't you think?

But still a good idea, though.. ;)

Capkeez
1st Mar 2008, 13:07
maybe there coud be an animation where lara bends down to rest and starts panting after prolonged periods of sprinting

William Croft
1st Mar 2008, 13:25
@ Capkeez.

A bit like GTA eh?

Lol I think this ideas brilliant and it should happen but I also think that IF lara goes to cold climates she should breath white.. You know what I mean.. Hard to explain like in TRIII, 'twas a good idea.:thumbsup:

Wess~Gamer
1st Mar 2008, 13:29
maybe there coud be an animation where lara bends down to rest and starts panting after prolonged periods of sprinting

wouldn't it be kinda frustrating if you have to wait every time after a sprint before you can move on? what if you are in a fight with some bad guys..
Or you're busy with a timed puzzle..
I don't see the point of bringing back the sprint if you have to wait a couple of seconds after each time you run :scratch:

William Croft
1st Mar 2008, 13:32
wouldn't it be kinda frustrating if you have to wait every time after a sprint before you can move on? what if you are in a fight with some bad guys..
Or you're busy with a timed puzzle..
I don't see the point of bringing back the sprint if you have to wait a couple of seconds after each time you run :scratch:

VERY VERY VERRY TRUE. Like in GTA you would run and he would suddenly stop and start breathing. It was really really fustrating I wouldn't mind her chest moving but her stopping I would. Unless it only happens once every 10 minutes and she stops for 2 seconds :D

SunriseSunset
1st Mar 2008, 16:15
I noticed it in Splinter Cell and it was nice. Of course Lara won't be as still as Sam Fisher is, but still...it would be nice.

NightRain'06
1st Mar 2008, 18:36
Lara breathing animation possibly could be implemented and I would love to see that.

For those of us who already know, fighting games like Capcom's Dark Stalkers, Street Fighter Alpha 1, 2, 3, and Third Strike, you see the almost 3-D characters in the 2-D backgrounds in fighting stances where you do see them breathe and it's noticeable in their upper bodies. As well as other entirely 3-D fighting games that have been out in the past years.

In GTA: SA, you really can't see Carl breathing unless you have him make a mad dash for something, then he'll slow down, stop and try to catch his breath. But while walking normally or just standing, you don't see it in either his stomach or his chest rising and falling to indicate that he's breathing. Or does he ? I'll have to replay SA to verify.

briek
1st Mar 2008, 21:12
Well, they used to do that in the older games, and I was expecting it in Legend. Sadly, it isn't there. I'd love to see that again.

NightRain'06
2nd Mar 2008, 06:21
Well, they used to do that in the older games, and I was expecting it in Legend. Sadly, it isn't there. I'd love to see that again.

I know. At least when she was in Khazakstan(sp?) you could see her breath in the cold whenever she exhaled. So they were halfway there. Seeing as TRU has a new game engine developed, I won't be surprised if they do have a breathing animation during gameplay for an additional realism attempt. :)

RUGRLN
2nd Mar 2008, 08:30
Well I thin they will do, when she runs they bounce u knw, and she does a lot of realistic movements so I don't see why it won't happen?

BTW, your sig is too alrge [450x150], just warning you cuz the mods might embargo it or somethin...

Capkeez
2nd Mar 2008, 12:39
Any of you guys ever played half-life 2 episode 2 and listened to the developer commentary? Just for the sake of realism, they implement lots of features like blinking of eyes which goes unnoticed most of the time simply because gamers expect it to be as such. There is one character who wears a belt. The developers made it such that the belt slips up and down in tiny minute movements with walking and running and stuff like that, simply because it looks much more natural. Dunno how the people at Eidos think.

LisaB1962
2nd Mar 2008, 13:09
The problem with breathing is that it usually has to be over animated to make it noticeable in a game, which then makes it comic and unrealistic, sort of like those "shimmys" they have PCs do when standing still to give the appearance of "life" because goodness knows no one can stand still without some rhythmic sway. :scratch:

You don't notice normal breathing in everyday life, so to make Lara's chest heave with every breath is just asking for it, and you-know-what-I-mean. ****

After a sprint or similar exertion, I'll accept Lara being winded, but I don't want to see breathing become something I "notice" because normal breathing isn't noticeable.

Larapink
2nd Mar 2008, 22:42
Thats a great idea they should give the look of her breathing it would definitely add to the more realism to the game.

LaraLara
3rd Mar 2008, 02:55
How about Lara actually opens her mouth when breathing in air? I noticed in TR:L in Kazakstan when warm air came out of her mouth they weren't open...

Rai
3rd Mar 2008, 12:49
I've just noticed you have made two threads about Lara's breathing. Why?:scratch:

Larapink
4th Mar 2008, 01:04
They should also animate her mouth when she is talking during gameplay, it's not much fun seeing her with a closed mouth while she was talking during the legend game while raiding tombs.

LaraCroftLuver
4th Mar 2008, 02:59
They should also animate her mouth when she is talking during gameplay, it's not much fun seeing her with a closed mouth while she was talking during the legend game while raiding tombs.

TOTALLY I WAS THINKING THAT TOO
Great Idea

briek
24th Nov 2008, 21:24
Well I thin they will do, when she runs they bounce u knw, and she does a lot of realistic movements so I don't see why it won't happen?

BTW, your sig is too alrge [450x150], just warning you cuz the mods might embargo it or somethin...

Hahaha :lol:

seashell093
25th Nov 2008, 21:23
if you sprint for a long time then you just run/jog then you can hear her breathing really hard
you can also see her breath in cold areas like the artic

this is on underworld btw ^