PDA

View Full Version : A completely Diffrent Franchise?

lightbringerrr
28th Feb 2008, 16:53
From what little I've gathered and observed, I think the franchise is headed in a whole new direction.
I don't think we're gonna' see the old characters at all.
Instead, I think the Deus Series will become a platform for disturbing futuristic concepts and games.
I wouldn't be suprised by this at all.

jordan_a
28th Feb 2008, 17:11
I would be surprised, but if it's for the greater good, why not? ;)

SageSavage
28th Feb 2008, 18:29
It would be pathetic to use this label for something completely different just to gain some attention. Fortunately this is very unlikely when you look at their statements so far.

B0b_P@ge
29th Feb 2008, 00:06
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

mr_cyberpunk
29th Feb 2008, 01:38
you fanbois have no idea :P its just so funny to see you guys trying to sound like you know something the rest of us don't.. why don't you go out a read a bit before jumping to conclusions? but then no one on this forum seems to so I've wasted my time.

HamburgerBoy
29th Feb 2008, 01:46
If it's a prequel I'd rather see as few references to the original as possible. It'd be lame if they constantly throw in JC Denton/Gunther Hermann/skull gun/etc fan service around instead of making a serious game.

lightbringerrr
29th Feb 2008, 03:43
you fanbois have no idea :P its just so funny to see you guys trying to sound like you know something the rest of us don't.. why don't you go out a read a bit before jumping to conclusions? but then no one on this forum seems to so I've wasted my time.

True, we don't. But if you look at all four endings of IW, and contrast that with the analysis and close-up still-shots of the teaser, the only ending that can become 'canon', and make any sense is the Dumier/Nicolette/Illuminati-version.
Why? Because it's the only one that keeps earth in a 'business as usual' state of being.
Omar=Earth in Ashes.
Templars=No Mods Allowed.
Denton's=Higher form of conciousness and evolution, and I can't see people running around to get thier limbs wacked-off to become some kind of next-version Anna Nevarre or Gunther, it doesn't make any sense.
The ONLY possibility and scenario that would make the Denton ending work, is that the effects of the joined conciousness began to deteriorate the human body. But if THAT'S the case, why the sign saying "No Modified Humans Allowed' in the still?
So even THAT doesn't work.
The same theory can be applied( though barely )to the Templar ending. But frankly, the odds that the Templars will play any role in DX3 is slim to none. The Templars and the Order were about as ancillary a couple of groups to IW as you can get.
Which leaves the Illuminati. You apply a world-wide disease or plauge to the Illuminati equation, and it works. But can anyone here HONESTLY say that they see Dumier and Nicolette becoming the "stars of the show"? I can't; it doesn't set with or feel right to me.
Something new is afoot.

gamer0004
29th Feb 2008, 13:59
New characters don't necessarily mean another francise. It'd love to see some new characters, especially after DX:IW in which they all were a bit dull.

AaronJ
29th Feb 2008, 18:30
If JC Denton is not in this game, it will not work.

lightbringerrr
1st Mar 2008, 06:53
New characters don't necessarily mean another francise. It'd love to see some new characters, especially after DX:IW in which they all were a bit dull.

I hear you. Billie, Leo, Clara, and Maggie Chow's daughter = completely expendable.
You know the host of main characters are pretty dull when the first encounter in the game that becomes even remotely interesting is being hit on by a sassy man-lover...:eek:

lightbringerrr
1st Mar 2008, 06:59
I want a secret DX3 Easter Egg where we get to assassinate 'Smilin' Bob' by cutting his pecker off and feeding it to a Griesel! :lol:

mouse
1st Mar 2008, 17:26
I want a secret DX3 Easter Egg where we get to assassinate 'Smilin' Bob' by cutting his pecker off and feeding it to a Griesel! :lol:

you forgot to take your medication today? :scratch:

lightbringerrr
1st Mar 2008, 21:40
No medication required. After the last installment, I'll take just about anything to keep my attention riveted to the screen! :rasp:

Vasarto
8th Apr 2008, 02:31
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

No no my friend. That is the talk of someone whom likes Dynasty warriors 1-6.

I believe the new saying should be. I ain't broke dont fix it but If its old than make it new again!

To me Paul and JC Denton ARE Deus Ex.I do not want to imagine a world without them.Look what happened in DX2 when they changed the character.
I never played it myself but I never heard anything about JC and Paul being in DX2 and I hear is sucked really bad.

Inane Mythos
8th Apr 2008, 03:41
Both Paul and JC were in DX2 and were also tied into the plot.

minus0ne
8th Apr 2008, 15:03
Not to mention Tracer Tong. Although it sadly didn't save the game. I don't think JC or Paul being the protagonist is essential to a good sequel. That's not to say it couldn't work, but it's far from essential.

Vasarto
8th Apr 2008, 15:39
Well I dunno. As long as the main character is cool I guess. If this is gonna
be another sequal I hope at least there is something about them in the game. Wether it be them tied to the plot or w/e. I don't want them to just dissapear
from the franchise all-together. Plus I guess if it is a sequal and if jc and paul
were in it. That would leave some plot holes....as do alot of other games. If Jc or paul didn't have any augs or the same skills. Like how some games a character learns bad ### skills magic or whatever and in the sequal he looses all of that somehow and once again your back to square one again.

So I guess changing the characters is a good thing from a logical standpoint.
If we played jc or paul as the main character and they had no augs or skills
in the beginning of the game than that would mean everything that happened in DX1 was pointless and never really happened.Cuz if they did do all that stuff before than they would still have their same weapons augs skills ect.

*Edit*

Heh...I just got a scary idea. What if in DX3...for some reason or another.
You had to fight Paul and JC at the same time...or just fight them in general.
It would be one really tough fight for sure. That could be something they could do. If the main characters change from game to game why not just
kill them off in the next game so they can never bring them back!

Ghostdog
9th Apr 2008, 09:52
I think people might be reading into this thing about Eidos Montreal using the "Tomb Raider engine" a bit too much. Using an engine used for a third-person game doesn´t really mean anything. Remember that Splinter Cell was built on a modified version of Unreal Engine 2, and it´s quite different from the Unreal-games.

As far as I know there isn´t enough information available to make any kind of conclusions about the direction of the game yet.