PDA

View Full Version : The PS3 Report . . . .

LisaB1962
28th Feb 2008, 13:33
Well, I've tried both TR3 and TR4 in my 80 gig PS3.

They both play fine except after playing a while the game will reload (after a death) and the screen will be horribly dark, with Lara being black (even while other things like walls have color.) Reloading doesn't help. Neither does turning off the machine and turning it back on. Only a prolonged "rest" seems to cure the problem.

What's interesting is that I've always said TR3 to be my fave, but I got annoying fairly quickly early in the game. TR4, though, hasn't bored me yet. It's really impressive all the changes the made for that game.

TDK
28th Feb 2008, 13:40
hey u have a PS3 cool :D i would luv to come to ur place and use it if u let me hahahaha :lol:
umm about the game mybe ur cds becam old or somthin ! and thts why they dont work good

Werner Von Croy
28th Feb 2008, 15:03
Well, I've tried both TR3 and TR4 in my 80 gig PS3.

They both play fine except after playing a while the game will reload (after a death) and the screen will be horribly dark, with Lara being black (even while other things like walls have color.) Reloading doesn't help. Neither does turning off the machine and turning it back on. Only a prolonged "rest" seems to cure the problem.

What's interesting is that I've always said TR3 to be my fave, but I got annoying fairly quickly early in the game. TR4, though, hasn't bored me yet. It's really impressive all the changes the made for that game.

Can i ask when did you buy your discs? If it's an old PS1 disc it is very temperamental, the same thing happened to me when i was playing Resi 3 nemesis, The only thing i can suggest is if you have a replay max dongle trying to uploads some sort of patch and add it to your PS3 But not sure if you could do that will need to research that for you :scratch:

LisaB1962
28th Feb 2008, 22:41
The TR3 is probably an original release. I just got the TR4 disc from an ebay vendor, so I can't say what "generation" it was produced in.

It sort of baffles me because I had "heard" the PS1 BC was better than the PS2 BC. Oh well. Hopefully the Playstation Store will offer some TR goodness for download soon.

TDK
28th Feb 2008, 23:05
u know i think they should re-releas all the TR games (the old one) from TR1 to TR:AOD on 2 disc mybe for the ps3

lol i dont know where did i came with this idea and i dont know if it works too :lol: does it ?

LisaB1962
29th Feb 2008, 12:56
You can already download entire PS1 games for the PS3. We've downloaded Crash 1 & 2 plus Spyro. They were six bucks each! Crash was 512 megs. I've downloaded PS3 demos that were larger than that! :lol:

I'm not sure how Sony picks which games are made available through the PSstore. :scratch: I'm hoping they'll choose more games series that are still in production, like TR and Silent Hill.

RinoTheBouncer
29th Feb 2008, 20:08
u know i think they should re-releas all the TR games (the old one) from TR1 to TR:AOD on 2 disc mybe for the ps3

lol i dont know where did i came with this idea and i dont know if it works too :lol: does it ?

Well ur idea is cool , it wud be even better if it comes as a Big Pack like the "Keifer Sutherland 24 Series" when it comes in one big box

TDK
29th Feb 2008, 22:10
hahahaha no kiding :D mybe after TR:U i would luv too see them selling the TR series in one box as RTB said

You can already download entire PS1 games for the PS3. We've downloaded Crash 1 & 2 plus Spyro. They were six bucks each! Crash was 512 megs. I've downloaded PS3 demos that were larger than that! :lol:

I'm not sure how Sony picks which games are made available through the PSstore. :scratch: I'm hoping they'll choose more games series that are still in production, like TR and Silent Hill.