PDA

View Full Version : Can't Play Just Freezes...Need Help

gclef101
28th Feb 2008, 09:05
I installed Kane and Lynch and I try to run the game and I get to the Kane and Lynch logo screen and it freezes while playing music. I move my mouse and the pointer responds like a minute or so later. In order to get out of the game I have to ctrl+alt+del and kill it from the task manager and then my system crashes. Here are my Specs:
Abit fatal1ty 650sli (drivers up to date)
Pentium D 2.8ghz Dual core
2x 8500GT 256mb gdr3 (in Sli mode) (Drivers up to date from Nvidia not care manufactor)
4 gigs of ram
Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS ( drivers up to date)
Running Vista x64 (up to date).

any work arounds are help if any. I don't want to return this game, but if I can't play it I'll will!!!:mad:

Maxx_Fire
28th Feb 2008, 10:08
Try installing DirectX 9.0c (yes, even on Vista!)

Linky! (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&displaylang=en)

NEOscuro
14th Apr 2008, 01:42
I installed Kane and Lynch and I try to run the game and I get to the Kane and Lynch logo screen and it freezes while playing music. I move my mouse and the pointer responds like a minute or so later. In order to get out of the game I have to ctrl+alt+del and kill it from the task manager and then my system crashes. Here are my Specs:
Abit fatal1ty 650sli (drivers up to date)
Pentium D 2.8ghz Dual core
2x 8500GT 256mb gdr3 (in Sli mode) (Drivers up to date from Nvidia not care manufactor)
4 gigs of ram
Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS ( drivers up to date)
Running Vista x64 (up to date).

any work arounds are help if any. I don't want to return this game, but if I can't play it I'll will!!!:mad:

WELCOME TO THE K&L (Krashed & Livid) club, LOL:rasp: :nut: :lmao:

just_not_right
14th Apr 2008, 02:23
Windows XP Home Service Pack 2
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
2GB DDR2 RAM
nVidia GeForce 8800GT (driver: 169.21)
DirectX 9.0c (version: March 2008)
Games for Windows Live (version: 1.2.0241)

Same kind of problem, crashes at launch. I don't even see anything; just the black screen, then it stays there. CTRL+ALT+DEL doesn't even work; had to hard reboot. All my other games (Crysis, Gears of War, GRAW2, etc) work flawlessly.

5-6 months, still no patch. That's just not right.