PDA

View Full Version : "Error in creating Game Session"

Echodawg
26th Feb 2008, 02:29
I purchased this game strictly to be able to play coop but as of yet, I haven't been able too. When trying to start a coop server I get the following error "Error in creating Game Session". Multiplayer has the same problem. I tried reinstalling the game as well as creating a new Gamespy account but nothing works. By the way, this is the pc version. Anyone else having this problem?

icemantheslayer
26th Feb 2008, 03:06
Yes. I have the same problem with the demo and have tried what you did but nothing and no one from eidos seem to want to answer my email.

Prospector
27th Feb 2008, 01:10
Bump

bongson
29th Feb 2008, 12:10
yah,same here,echo & it really sucks - hard enuff to find anything coop anymore & even harder to find a game review that comes straight out & tells ya ahead of time whether it has coop play or not. it sucks. everything is "multiplayer" !!!! its a crap shoot if that also means coop,but we wouldnt want em to lose any sales now,would we ???!!!

same prob here with creating game & we bought it solely for the coop,too.

i reiterate - it sucks !!!!! :confused: :confused:

icemantheslayer
3rd Mar 2008, 02:45
Eidos posted an update of sorts on thier site about this issue, they basically tell you to open the same tcp/udp ports in your modem and firewall. I tried it out and i still cant play multiplayer, make it worse i see games but when i try to join them i lose connection with the host.Incedentally anyone know how to log into the eidos support site once you make a ticket, i dont see an option.

bongson
3rd Mar 2008, 11:24
yeh,ice,my buddy & i did the same crap with the porting - NFG !!! actually,kind of a shot in the dark,since we were both already had our routers set in the DMZ.

my buddy sent eidos email describing the prob & got the stock answer bout the ports.

pretty friggin disgusted - :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

icemantheslayer
9th Mar 2008, 19:18
I think i might have solved the mulitplayer error. If you have an antivirus that sports a firewall of any kind ( norton internet security, mcafee enterprise etc) temporarily uninstall it if you can and try and play online, ive tried and im now able to create a session, in awhile a freind and i are going to play the demo online and see what happens, i guess all hope might not be lost!

Echodawg
10th Mar 2008, 17:13
I think i might have solved the mulitplayer error. If you have an antivirus that sports a firewall of any kind ( norton internet security, mcafee enterprise etc) temporarily uninstall it if you can and try and play online, ive tried and im now able to create a session, in awhile a freind and i are going to play the demo online and see what happens, i guess all hope might not be lost!

I just gave this a try, disabled both my anti-virus and firewall but it's still not working for me.

bongson
12th Mar 2008, 14:08
same here,echo :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

icemantheslayer
14th Mar 2008, 03:42
I finally got a chance to play with my freind,we could see each others game but couldnt connect.Im out of ideas :mad2: