PDA

View Full Version : Lara's Voice Over Job?

Rai
24th Feb 2008, 22:38
Watch this/Hear the voice over. I'm fairly sure this is our very own Lara Croft* doing a voice over for Johnson's. I am right aren't I?

Here is the video Lara voice over (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=bV9ioPl_ASE&feature=related)

There is a newer ad on TV but I couldn't find it.

A way of making money in-between Tomb Raiding I wonder?

*Not Keeley Hawes but another actress who did Lara before.

erm, I hope this isn't against the rules for advertising, it is not intentionally advertising Johnson's products, just the voice over. :o

NightRain'06
25th Feb 2008, 04:02
At first, I thought it was Keeley Hawes because that's the only name I can recall. But since you've mentioned that the actress was possibly one of those who voiced the earlier games, I think you're right.

MercuryRapids
25th Feb 2008, 08:49
It does sound a bit like Shelley Blond. According to IMDB, she's done a fair bit of voiceover work for commercials.

Chadster
25th Feb 2008, 09:02
Hmmm it does...
However I always thought Keeley's voice was better than any of the others...

Rai
25th Feb 2008, 17:27
Hmmm it does...
However I always thought Keeley's voice was better than any of the others...

Oh, I agree, but out of the other voice actors who have been Lara, this one is the one I recognise after Keeley. :)

Chadster
25th Feb 2008, 17:35
Oh, I agree, but out of the other voice actors who have been Lara, this one is the one I recognise after Keeley. :)

After Keeley, I'd probably recognize the TR2 one the most.

LegendLost
25th Feb 2008, 21:06
I recognize this voice the most, probably because I love Last Revelations and AOD the most.
This is also too funny, I feel like Lara wants me to buy some body wash!

Phlip
26th Feb 2008, 12:21
That voice is Jonnell Elliot's. She played Lara's voice in TR4, 5 & 6. :)

-Roli-
26th Feb 2008, 15:31
Jonell and Judith is the best voices for Lara.

Keeley is too artistic :nut: :D :D

Rai
26th Feb 2008, 15:57

What do you mean by artistic? :confused:

Tomb-Dude
26th Feb 2008, 16:02

Why is she too artistic, lol and what do you mean by that :scratch:

-Roli-
26th Feb 2008, 17:31
What do you mean by artistic? :confused:

Why is she too artistic, lol and what do you mean by that :scratch:

Keeley is an professional artist for Lara. But Lara is just a heroine. Not a human.
Shelley, Jonell, Judith gives for Lara a great voice. Something great feeling her them. :nut: :)

Maybe from Keeley the best peroid: "Where is my mother?" :D Btw worst voice ever!! :(

Phlip
26th Feb 2008, 17:45
Agreed. :thumbsup: IMO Jonell's voice was the best. (Although it was different (but better) in TR6... :confused:)

William Croft
26th Feb 2008, 17:51
Hhahahah, I love her voiiice!! :D She did a great job while she did the voice of Lara but I think Keeley will always be the best. :thumbsup:

LegendLost
26th Feb 2008, 19:18
I don't care for Keeley's too much. I don't think she has that firm enough "I'm gonna kill you" kinda of voice. Despite that scene with Amanda in Legend, I still don't think the voice fits Lara and helps her seem like such a strong woman. It's hard to take such a sweet feminine voice seriously enough. Also Jonell's voice had a sense of mystery and elegance to it while still being that of a womans. Not exactly good for a body wash commercial, but it was perfect for Lara. lol

Phlip
26th Feb 2008, 20:16
I don't care for Keeley's too much. I don't think she has that firm enough "I'm gonna kill you" kinda of voice. Despite that scene with Amanda in Legend, I still don't think the voice fits Lara and helps her seem like such a strong woman. It's hard to take such a sweet feminine voice seriously enough. Also Jonell's voice had a sense of mystery and elegance to it while still being that of a womans. Not exactly good for a body wash commercial, but it was perfect for Lara. lol
Exactly. I couldn't put it better.

Larapink
4th Mar 2008, 16:36
I like all Lara's voices from past games, and Keeley does a great job.