PDA

View Full Version : What do you want to see in the TR mansion?

Miss. Croft
24th Feb 2008, 10:11
Hi there, i know its a bit early to be writing about the mansion.. but i was just wondering, what would you like to see in it? Ive though of numerous things like:
More rooms like kitchen, bathroom etc.
Vehicle courses - quadbikes or motorbike place to drive
In her closet that you can wear pyjamas lol
That the day changes from day to night (ive seen a PS2 game do that and its heaps cool)

Yeah, so what would you like to see?:D

TDK
24th Feb 2008, 18:35
well alot of things umm like u said car area to drive around city and mybe a bigger gym and in TR the 1st film Lara was jumping in the mansion (remember tht and then they attacked her to steal the clock) i would luv to see that and mybe riding horses and shooting targets (like in TR2 film) lol there is alot of ideas from tr films are good and i would luv too solve hard puzzles just like TR:A game dam it was really hard :)

Alexlovesguns
24th Feb 2008, 23:22
The original TR mansion... ofcourse, else i wont really bother with it.

Rai
24th Feb 2008, 23:27
The original TR mansion... ofcourse, else i wont really bother with it.

Is that the mansion, you won't bother with or the whole game? :eek:

Alexlovesguns
25th Feb 2008, 00:08
Is that the mansion, you won't bother with or the whole game? :eek:

I didnt express myself too well, oops :o .
Ofcourse, just the mansion, i honestly didnt like the new mansion and had enough of it. The old mansion made of red bricks with the horse statue in the frontyard was much more stylish and cosy than the new castle/dungeon they came up with (cold) :( .

james987654321
25th Feb 2008, 02:39
As mentioned earlier, i woluld also love for there to be intruders in croft manor, i really loved that bit in the first movie and i think it would be fun in the game. not sure what was up with all da crates in anniversary, that was weird, i dnt think lara would use the main hall as a storage area? It was also pretty pointless as it only led to one artifact, to my knowledge, so i hope they've gne. I would also like more secret passages and b able to change the background music in the manor. It would also be fun to have a battle simulator thing like in the first tombraider where u can advance your skills and get timed n stuff.... phew, thats just some of what i wanna c, ill stop now

Xcom
25th Feb 2008, 02:49
Ghosts, please.

rabid metro
25th Feb 2008, 07:02
...i dnt think lara would use the main hall as a storage area?...

in TRA, she was just moving in, so the crates were just plopped there ...

what do i want to see in the TR mansion? (besides Lara ...)
training zones and mini-games ...
:cool:

Inn_Hevonn_Klann
26th Feb 2008, 18:15
Just one thing... as big and able to explore as possible(actually, more beyond imagination).

Larapink
26th Feb 2008, 19:22
Make Croft Mannor bigger more rooms, Winston needs to walk around like he used to.

james987654321
27th Feb 2008, 07:12
[QUOTE=rabid metro;733324]in TRA, she was just moving in, so the crates were just plopped there ...

Oh i see...I still didnt like them there though

Miss. Croft
28th Feb 2008, 07:05
As mentioned earlier, i woluld also love for there to be intruders in croft manor, i really loved that bit in the first movie and i think it would be fun in the game. not sure what was up with all da crates in anniversary, that was weird, i dnt think lara would use the main hall as a storage area? It was also pretty pointless as it only led to one artifact, to my knowledge, so i hope they've gne. I would also like more secret passages and b able to change the background music in the manor. It would also be fun to have a battle simulator thing like in the first tombraider where u can advance your skills and get timed n stuff.... phew, thats just some of what i wanna c, ill stop now

oo i would like to see a training area too, that would be heaps fun, especialy when im bored lol. Hmm... i thought i added a poll:scratch: oh well:D

naraku
28th Feb 2008, 07:12
A castle out back:lol: Somewhere she can Hone her skills an Englishman's tomb of some kind. Or Stone Henge in the distance. Inside a trampoline:D

Imaginary Whisk
28th Feb 2008, 07:50
I'd like to see some of the old features make a comeback like the mansions from TR 2 & 3.

I mostly miss her quad, the outdoor obstacle course & the meat locker, maybe have Winston wandering around if ya catch my drift. *nudge nudge* :rolleyes:

For the most part it'd be nice if it was all one area like the old games and not divided into segments, pausing for a mini cut-scene just to open a door gets old really fast. :scratch:

Space_Monkey
28th Feb 2008, 18:18
Well hopefully they at least add a kitchen or bathroom, i mean do they want us to think she doesn't shower or eat?! lol

Wow,just thought of something!

Add sweat maybe...or hmm...make it so she starts to stink and when she walks by the panthers,THEY DIE! :nut:

Muwhhaha,its brilliant brilliant BRILLIANT!!

>=D

Ewwyy. lol

But yea,they should even do another corse thing in the back yard...something challenging. ^_^

Then,maybe just maybe,give her a hamster or a pet rock! haha =]

Nikko
28th Feb 2008, 19:01
Outside, I'd like to see a huge backyard, a forest-like in the mansion's grounds. Indoors, secret passageways (with many relics like the Ark of the Covenant, the Iris, etc...), her secret fishbowl, and other places... :D

Studded*Belt
28th Feb 2008, 19:52
If they do put the manor in Tomb Raider Underworld, i would really like if they would put the front-yard of the manor, and mabey you can adventure out and beyond the manor. and add more rooms, like kitchen, bathrooms, attic, and mabey even a basement. also here something new that might be cool. Insted of like a quad-bike, how bout horse back riding, like in TR2 the movie??:rolleyes:

jbriscoe95
9th Mar 2008, 21:45
id love to see the garage where she can get in and out of cars and drive them about the mansion grounds (if they have any) please relpy if you thing this is a good idea

Larahair
10th Mar 2008, 03:28
More rooms open and interaction happening with Zip etc why you move Lara. Also I want to see Lara eat some food and have a drink. I want Lara to have a pet doggie like a poodle or a little kitten like salem from sabrina the teenage witch. And I want Lara to be very affectionate to her beloved animals.

Fickji
10th Mar 2008, 16:06
In Tomb Raider Legend it states that the mansion she's in is her favorite of her THREE inheritaded mansions.

So this means they could put in THREE mansions. The old school mansion, the newest next-gen mansion and a secret mansion. Its an idea.

Rooms I'd like to see:

Basement, trophy room(like in WII but in all versions), bathroom, kitchen, outside, attic, secret rooms, a deeper pool, the garage idea with cars was cool too, ammo and gun room(to showcase weapons picked up in game), theater/media room(to show cutscenes and such), gallery(like in a long hall to showcase concept art)

Zip, Winston's and Alister's rooms (they must sleep somewhere)

And night to day to (repeat) would be cool with different weather effects.

michael-croft
10th Mar 2008, 17:40
much more rooms her house is huge but like only 6 rooms and day and night thingys ohhhhhhhhhh and you should be able 2 go every where outside not just the maze

RinoTheBouncer
10th Mar 2008, 20:15
Hi there, i know its a bit early to be writing about the mansion.. but i was just wondering, what would you like to see in it? Ive though of numerous things like:
That the day changes from day to night (ive seen a PS2 game do that and its heaps cool)

ur ideas are so cool
i like the Croft Manor to be more like the Sims , i mean not only trainin but a full mini-game with day n night n takin shower n makin food hehehehe its gonna be a cool new style

Laionidas
10th Mar 2008, 21:00
Proper English tea, a study and a butler, that's all I ask.

BlakeNowah
11th Mar 2008, 14:05

Before anything else (in my oppinion), a rich outside environment that also has some hills you can climb and have several extraordinary views of the mansion and surroundings from uppward close/far away.

The weather should be mostly sunny.

Jezyk
11th Mar 2008, 16:04
PLEASE, less corridors:P
all the present rooms + kitchen, bathroom, motorcycle, aquarium - that would be nice:) and a level in a mansion would be cool, imagine fightning the boss in the gym or something like that;]

Laionidas
11th Mar 2008, 16:46

Please remember that the mansion is situated in England,..

BlakeNowah
11th Mar 2008, 16:57
Please remember that the mansion is situated in England,..

Come to think of it, that crossed my mind while I was writing the line. Then I kind-of remembered the house in TR2 and how sunny the weather was, and I kept the ideea. :D

Fickji
11th Mar 2008, 17:25
Originally Posted by BlakeNowah

Weather changes are good. Maybe even cheats for different weathers. Or have certain spots outside mansion be wetter and muddier than others.

Like there was just a rainstorm and the sun came out so you could get rain off in the distance and a sunny sky with a rainbow.

Or with the cheats change the weather to a thunderstorm. Or a blizzard or a tornado? with lots of wind. WOW now I'm filled with nervous energy and can't wait to see what they do.

OH, OH and there should be a stream somewhere on the property, cause we haven't seen that yet.

Kalter_Stahl
19th Mar 2008, 18:06
A good idea would be to include secret rooms as rewards. That would be great. Also, I'd like the mansion to be bigger and that we could explore the whole thing, those locked doors and gates in TRL/TRA were so annoying! Also, maybe Lara could have a dog or a cat or horses. I'd like to see the buttler's room, a gest room, bathrooms, kitchen, a garage maybe with vehicles in it that we could use on a course.

That idea of the course with the motorcycle in TR3 was great.

The mansion should totally be bigger and more complete, <u>no locked doors unless you can unlock them.</u> Since the mansion was so tiny, those locked doors became even more frustrating.

It would also be really instresting if you could interact with random objects like a fridge, lamps, sofas, the tv, etc...
I liked the books spread all over the place in TRA, it felt more like a home. I think in a house things are never perfectly tidy.

Okay that's too long.

Icetea555
19th Mar 2008, 19:10
I defiantly would like to see more rooms in her mansion like Kitchen, bathroom, front room, living room, ect... just a lot more runs maybe some secret rooms to. A place she can drive her automobiles to. Back yard and front yard and I also feel that she should be able to go in all the rooms in her mansion. And give Lora a bigger Pool to.

Werner Von Croy
19th Mar 2008, 19:11

Yes I want quad bike track back as well as outdoor assault course

jordoz12
24th Mar 2008, 18:25
The Training course and a (functioning) diving board that isnt made out of stone which it was for more-than-likely unexplainable reasons :) (the training course from TR3 i think, the one where you can lock winston in the freezer...lmao!!!)

jordoz12
24th Mar 2008, 18:28
Weather changes are good. Maybe even cheats for different weathers. Or have certain spots outside mansion be wetter and muddier than others.

Like there was just a rainstorm and the sun came out so you could get rain off in the distance and a sunny sky with a rainbow.

Or with the cheats change the weather to a thunderstorm. Or a blizzard or a tornado? with lots of wind. WOW now I'm filled with nervous energy and can't wait to see what they do.

OH, OH and there should be a stream somewhere on the property, cause we haven't seen that yet.

LOL hurricane vs. lara...who will win?? (Chuck Norris would win but lara can't have any help) and good idea lol extreme environmental effects...I wonder if you can be struck by lightning lol get to the highest point in the game to find out!

stonka
25th Mar 2008, 14:38
-assault course
-bigger outdoor area (maize was good, quad bike was awesome)
-more rooms (it's a mansion for god's sake, what's up with a long ass corridor that leads to one room?)
-winston
-more secret doors, secret passages and such.

Jezyk
25th Mar 2008, 15:36
Guys are you really serious. Remember that the Croft Manor is just a training place and a bonus fun level. Do you really think the game producers should bother with creating different weather effects for it, adding some stuff like sitting on the couch etc? What's next, please please CD, let Lara make some toasts in the kitchen? :rasp:

Mangar The Dark
25th Mar 2008, 15:45
Guys are you really serious. Remember that the Croft Manor is just a training place and a bonus fun level.

Haha!! I was just thinking the same thing!
I hope CD focuses more on the real levels, not the manor.

Fickji
25th Mar 2008, 15:55
Jezyk Guys are you really serious. Remember that the Croft Manor is just a training place and a bonus fun level. Do you really think the game producers should bother with creating different weather effects for it, adding some stuff like sitting on the couch etc? What's next, please please CD, let Lara make some toasts in the kitchen?

But thats my point. If its just going to be a training/bonus level make it really cool. And put all those extras we see on the main menu/title screen into the manor. It saves space and it incorporates at the same time.

Besides if story and gameplay are the cornerstones of good gaming than unlockables, extras, and cheats are the intricate details that make you come back again and again. Who doesn't like seeing Lara jump around her manor like a happy monkey?

Besides the toasting would be done in the dinning room.:D

aussie500
26th Mar 2008, 09:10
l would just like to see a real English Manor with all the rooms and furniture one should have and the outside areas, as well more Tomb Raider exclusive areas like the hidden trophy and treasure rooms the equipment room, pool, gym and timed obstacle course. l would also like to be able to explore all the way around the outside of Croft Manor. Ghosts would be nice as well.

Since hearing a rumour about what was planned for the Manor though l gave up hoping for anything, just a decent game will do. :(

Larahair
28th Mar 2008, 06:03
Guys are you really serious. Remember that the Croft Manor is just a training place and a bonus fun level. Do you really think the game producers should bother with creating different weather effects for it, adding some stuff like sitting on the couch etc? What's next, please please CD, let Lara make some toasts in the kitchen? :rasp:

Lara clean her teeth got to keep those teeth of hers pearly white. Have the game mini sims now that sounds cool to me too!

Miss. Croft
30th Mar 2008, 11:26
i reckon no more corridors, well only if they had another door (not just one) leading to another room :D

RinoTheBouncer
31st Mar 2008, 13:17

Sittin on the couch n makin some toasts in the kitchen is ammmmmmmazzzzzzing IDEA !!!!!!!!

n 2 tell u the truth ..... the game gotta be fun to not only a DULL n PALE training levels or tomb exploration ... u'll tell me "it's not the sims its TombRaider" i say SO WHAT ?! why not make it like the sims ??? wasnt it fun ? and its rlly cool to have Lara officially doin some new activites... it makes Lara seem more alive than just a tomb exploring machine

Randy 54
31st Mar 2008, 23:14
I would like to find a hidden entrance out on the grounds that leads to a secret dungeon that's filled with rooms and mazes that lead back to the mansion. Only problem, once you enter, there's no way out except in the mansion. Along the way, I would find the weaponry and whatever else that's needed to start the game.

JonSnow
1st Apr 2008, 00:50
I see many ideas being posted here that have already BEEN in TR games. One of my favorite ways to ditch Winston was to shut him inside the meat locker in the kitchen. At (or near) the end of TR 2, the bad guys tracked her down to the mansion and invaded it while she was wearing her pajamas.
There's ALWAYS a training area. There's been a vehicle course, there's been target practice. You could even shoot Winston; (who was wearing armour) knocking him down but not killing him.
Make it a more extensive level unto itself! Give us lots of secrets, timed runs to uncover them. More, more, more!!!
I've become delirious on the thought of TR: Underworld.
Maybe all this mansioning should be for a purpose; saving Winston from one of Lara's training traps or something? He could be locked out on the roof or something.
If memory serves, TR 4 had a "passage of time" feature where it gets dark? Can a veteran with a better memory confirm this?

Fickji
1st Apr 2008, 05:57
Sittin on the couch n makin some toasts in the kitchen is ammmmmmmazzzzzzing IDEA !!!!!!!!

n 2 tell u the truth ..... the game gotta be fun to not only a DULL n PALE training levels or tomb exploration ... u'll tell me "it's not the sims its TombRaider" i say SO WHAT ?! why not make it like the sims ??? wasnt it fun ? and its rlly cool to have Lara officially doin some new activites... it makes Lara seem more alive than just a tomb exploring machine

OK now I'm confused. Is she making toast as in a toaster all black and burnt or is she making toasts with a glass and liquid.

It would be cool for both but I'd rather not be playing sim-like... I have that game for that:D happy monkey syndrome

tombraiderfanben14
6th Apr 2008, 22:49
i would like to see a kitchen that you can lock winston in the refridgertator and a huge pool that overlooks a room like hers with a balcony jump off and land in the pool so theres 2 ways to get there and you can go outside and theres a training thing that you can climb like in tombraider chronicles and swim in the little pool and you can lock the outside door and open it with a key and the kitchen door and leave winston outside when hes following you around it would be cool if he would follow you again and alot of cool outfits and a dining room with a music box attatched to the wall like in tombraider chronicles you can turn it on and hear music that would be awesome i dont realy want the same mansion from legend or anniversary a new 1 would be realy awesome:)

Mate
7th Apr 2008, 20:38
There MUST be training activities such as robot fighting (like the first film) in order to improve skills and have fun , horseback riding like the 2nd movie but with moving targets or something... bike/car driving circuits with obstacles where you need to dodge, perform tricks or shoot ..and gym with more interactive things, not to repeat and repeat the same you do all along the game like holding edges and climbing...

OH! and less loooong corridors. In the previous games they were often leading to no where THAT important.

quick-cookie
12th Apr 2008, 19:27
Heh a kitchen and making toasts, sipping fine alcohol, sittin on a couch eating snacks, goin to the bathroom, yelling at the butler, being mad when her computer freezes when she is playing her fav game and throwing it out the window, trimming the hedges, cleaning the pool, eating icecream in bed, not shower for 3 weeks... :nut:

Yeah they are all amazing ideas... however this is tombraider, but then again i have not seen a bathroom in TR i hope she does not pee in the pool. :whistle:

All i want is lotts of obstacles and toys in her mansion, a fireing range and a bathroom.

JordG
12th Apr 2008, 22:34
what I want to see the croft manor is more rooms i'm fed up with hardly any rooms I did like it in TRII and TRIII where us gamers could go in the attic that would be cool if they brought it back... what I like about the wii version on Anniversary she has a whole room where she has kept all the keys and sketchs shes used so I say more rooms please! also in TRIII we could go outside the front and back of the house that was cool... I think they should add balconeys to some of the upper rooms bring that into underworld n I would be most pleased!:D

Miss. Croft
13th Apr 2008, 02:16
I read somewhere (I don't remember where now) that Lara's mansion is going to be on fire or something. Is this true? Or is this a rumor I just happend to read?:scratch:

4croftsake
14th Apr 2008, 11:35
Yes you are right Miss.Croft, there will be a level in which Croft Manor will be engulfed in flames. Which means her mansion is possibly a full level in the game, which if it is, then it will include several new areas including underground passageways,sercret doorways,possible escape up on to the roof? let's hope. I do want to see much more content in the mansion,Lara's bedroom,study room-library room,trophy room,music room,gym,swimming pool,kitchen and dining room,shooting range,stables,outdoor assault course,maze and a dirt track for her bike/quad or other vehicles. Also a front courtyard,it would not be a manor or a period home without a large courtyard :)

Tara C
14th Apr 2008, 19:25
Bigger Rooms, More To Do, Be Able To Wander Outside The Gates, More Rooms, Shooting Range, I Loveee The Idea Of Being Able To Pick Pajamas Out Of The Wardrobe =D

Ooooo I Dunnooo I Just Want More To Do =D

Miss. Croft
17th Apr 2008, 11:53
Yes you are right Miss.Croft, there will be a level in which Croft Manor will be engulfed in flames. Which means her mansion is possibly a full level in the game, which if it is, then it will include several new areas including underground passageways,sercret doorways,possible escape up on to the roof? let's hope. I do want to see much more content in the mansion,Lara's bedroom,study room-library room,trophy room,music room,gym,swimming pool,kitchen and dining room,shooting range,stables,outdoor assault course,maze and a dirt track for her bike/quad or other vehicles. Also a front courtyard,it would not be a manor or a period home without a large courtyard :)

Wow! That sounds exciting, I also heard, that in AOD they were planning to do that, but it never happend. Oh it'll be scary, hopefully the mansion gets back to the way it is, not burnt, because I want to get to play around in the mansion after the game ends. :D

ElevenTR
20th Apr 2008, 13:59
Ghosts, please.

This may have already been posted but i wanna reply to his post asap.

Ghosts of the enemies shes killed!!

Rutland, Pierre, Natla.. everyone!

ElevenTR
20th Apr 2008, 14:01
A good idea would be to include secret rooms as rewards. That would be great. Also, I'd like the mansion to be bigger and that we could explore the whole thing, those locked doors and gates in TRL/TRA were so annoying! Also, maybe Lara could have a dog or a cat or horses. I'd like to see the buttler's room, a gest room, bathrooms, kitchen, a garage maybe with vehicles in it that we could use on a course.

The mansion should totally be bigger and more complete, <u>no locked doors unless you can unlock them.</u> Since the mansion was so tiny, those locked doors became even more frustrating.

It would also be really instresting if you could interact with random objects like a fridge, lamps, sofas, the tv, etc...
I liked the books spread all over the place in TRA, it felt more like a home. I think in a house things are never perfectly tidy.

Okay that's too long.

Ooh! We could have Goranagar and Catsuitandponytail's Silo with their collection of TR merch. hidden behind some trees in the garden or something!! Hehe, thatd be cool.

:thumbsup:

_Tomb_Raider_
20th Apr 2008, 15:47
I wont in Croft Manor that Zip, Alister and Windston walk around Manor. Mooooooor roms, and moooor big garden...

Arctic
20th Apr 2008, 16:52
Bigger outside areas, somewhere to ride the motorbike, somewhere to practise shooting, a bigger gym.. Hmm.. And! Beeing able to go through all doors and fences! I hate all those locked doors in the new mansion :/

Mate
20th Apr 2008, 22:08
Robot-fighting Training System

rabid metro
21st Apr 2008, 03:14
...We could have Goranagar and Catsuitandponytail's Silo with their collection of TR merch. hidden behind some trees in the garden or something!! Hehe, thatd be cool...

it'd be really, really cool if this planet's biggest tomb raider fans made a virtual cameo appearance in the mansion somewhow ...
:cool:

Falcon
21st Apr 2008, 09:31
http://freshpeel.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/ducati.jpg

If croft manor had this, I'd be sooooo happy!:thumbsup:

quick-cookie
21st Apr 2008, 15:28
Wow yeah Falcon that thing sure is beautiful, i would not mind taking that beaut for a spin round the mansion.

Mate
21st Apr 2008, 22:03
we HAD one of those in red, in Legend. I hated the way it was destroyed fast we were not able to use it enough time