PDA

View Full Version : How Many Hours...?

tombraiderxlegend
23rd Feb 2008, 04:11
How many hours will you play TRU a day when you first get it?

I make the weirdest threads. But it's interesting to see your answers.

I'll probably play it until my mom/dad tells me to quit. :lol:

LCraider08
23rd Feb 2008, 05:07
I already have it planned.

Taking the day off work the day it comes out and the next day.
buying lots of energy drinks.
staying up all night and all day..maybe a few naps here and there.

I have to get in the zone so ill have to surround sound going, a candle lit, and the lights turned off...

I'm so stoked!

Larahair
23rd Feb 2008, 05:28
I will play the game all day family will be telling me to GET A JOB!!!!!:rasp:

LCraider08
23rd Feb 2008, 06:04
I just don't wanna wait until CHristmas of next year.

RinoTheBouncer
23rd Feb 2008, 07:50
I'll play until i stuck in some place and fail to go out after an hour of tryin to solve it hehehehehehe :lol:

TDK
23rd Feb 2008, 07:51
lol nice question :D umm i dont know mybe till my eyes get like this guy :lol:

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/difMiycRLwQ/default.jpg

NightRain'06
23rd Feb 2008, 08:10
TDK ~ Was that guy ever in the Guiness Book of World Records for eye yanking ?? Freaky ! :eek: Unless it's Photoshopped, but it doesn't seem that way.

~~~

How many hours will you play TRU a day when you first get it?

I'll have Lara moving slower than a snail and really, truly immerse myself in the environments this time around !! :thumbsup: :cool:

humbug
23rd Feb 2008, 09:56
@ TDK, that picture is gross, imagine the damage he is doing to his eyes!

Hopefully it will be half term when TRU comes out, so I'll have a few days off work to play it!

Tomb-Dude
23rd Feb 2008, 10:18
I might play for a few hours adn then go back the next day. But i find that quite differcult when i have a game i really enjoy. But i'm going to be sneeking, taking my time being an "arciologist" and searching the enviroment for things i can pick up.
So i don't honestly know how long i will play it for yet?

Phlip
23rd Feb 2008, 11:51
Probably until I get a headache or when I'm tired.

I already have it planned.

Taking the day off work the day it comes out and the next day.
buying lots of energy drinks.
staying up all night and all day..maybe a few naps here and there.

I have to get in the zone so ill have to surround sound going, a candle lit, and the lights turned off...

I'm so stoked!

Sounds like fun! :D

killer4life
23rd Feb 2008, 11:56
all man see mabe 2 days no sleep :nut: :nut: :nut: 12/?/08 cant waittt

LaraCroftLuver
23rd Feb 2008, 21:32
untill i finish or i have to stop

UNDERTOMB
23rd Feb 2008, 22:20
an urge to urinate,eat,drink.....and the fear of finishing this game in 8 hours
are the only things takin me away from this game:rolleyes: :D

james987654321
24th Feb 2008, 03:36
I might play for a few hours adn then go back the next day. But i find that quite differcult when i have a game i really enjoy. But i'm going to be sneeking, taking my time being an "arciologist" and searching the enviroment for things i can pick up.
So i don't honestly know how long i will play it for yet?

yea same here, i dnt want 2 rush through the game, i will savour every moment n explore every inch, i think ill play it every chance i get for the first day, n then play it for a few hours every day afta that. I wonder if its gna b one of those midnight release things wea ppl (myself included) line up really late to get a copy ASAP

naraku
24th Feb 2008, 05:13
I hope it doesn't take me 3 or four days to finish like Legend did. TR 1 and TR2 took me 6-8 months to finish. TR3 about a week or two. TR4 about a month or two, Chronicles I didn't expect it to be finished so quickly and anti climatic. AOD took me quite long but only because I stopped playing for awhile. Only to finish it after Legend. Only to find out I stopped minutes from finishing it. So I hope TRU will last as long as the first two games. if it does I don't think anyone here can possibly survive playing it from start to finish without sleeping. Me I'll play it as long as I'm able.:cool:

TDK
24th Feb 2008, 18:17
lol ya its gross :nut:

@ TDK, that picture is gross, imagine the damage he is doing to his eyes!

Hopefully it will be half term when TRU comes out, so I'll have a few days off work to play it!

ya i guess he is lol imagin if our eyes will be like this guy :nut: ewwww

TDK ~ Was that guy ever in the Guiness Book of World Records for eye yanking ?? Freaky ! :eek: Unless it's Photoshopped, but it doesn't seem that way.

~~~

I'll have Lara moving slower than a snail and really, truly immerse myself in the environments this time around !! :thumbsup: :cool:

TombRaiderFan
24th Feb 2008, 19:52
I would play untill the very next week. That would be hard but I'll accomplish it.:scratch:

Tomb-Dude
24th Feb 2008, 20:05
Wow... people are going really devote there time to play this game :scratch:

I will play it as soon as i get it but then stop and not play until the next day? Or if something more interesting is on t.v or something, i don't honestly want to spend to long on it...

William Croft
24th Feb 2008, 20:09
Very hard question to answer seeing as We do not know the length of the game. But i'll probally be attached to the tv screen untill Hollyoaks starts then i'll go watch it then come back and play :thumbsup:

NightRain'06
25th Feb 2008, 03:32
On Anniversary, even though I spent 3 weeks playing it very casually and eventually beating it, I felt like it was rushed.
Why did it take me that long to complete ? Well, my full time job interrupted a lot of my game time. :p

TDK
25th Feb 2008, 11:05
and thts healthy 4 u :D good

Wow... people are going really devote there time to play this game :scratch:

I will play it as soon as i get it but then stop and not play until the next day? Or if something more interesting is on t.v or something, i don't honestly want to spend to long on it...

William Croft
26th Feb 2008, 17:36
lol nice question :D umm i dont know mybe till my eyes get like this guy :lol:

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/difMiycRLwQ/default.jpg

Hhahhahahahahhaahahahaha :lol: Hhahahahaahahahahaahahah omg thats funny!! Lol!!!hahahahahahahahaha I think my eyes looked like that when I had finished Anniv ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

TwinPistols
26th Feb 2008, 18:48
I think I will play it at the following Saturday of the hey I buy it so I will play since morning until the evening!

TDK
26th Feb 2008, 19:01
lol yep :rasp:

Hhahhahahahahhaahahahaha :lol: Hhahahahaahahahahaahahah omg thats funny!! Lol!!!hahahahahahahahaha I think my eyes looked like that when I had finished Anniv ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

rabid metro
27th Feb 2008, 04:59
given the current state of similar games, i would like TRU to require more than 30 hours. that would mean that it would take me about 30 weeks to complete it since i spend about 10 hours (1 week) of actual play for every 1 hour of required play, the first time through ...
:cool:

Bampire
27th Feb 2008, 06:25
I'll do what I always do with new games.. Play until I know I need to stop, then continue the next day..

ditom
27th Feb 2008, 15:10
I'll play this game until my hearth will beat.

27th Feb 2008, 15:17
yeah sure you will:lol:

Rai
27th Feb 2008, 15:55
I took my time with TRA, so I will do the same for TRU.

Wess~Gamer
27th Feb 2008, 19:09
One thing's for sure..
The first days I'll be playing it more hours a day, then I'll not playing it.

I realy don't want to rush trough the game.. So I'll just walk slowly and take my time to explorer and see everything.. :cool:

tombraiderxlegend
27th Feb 2008, 22:54
Now that I think about it, I don't want to rush through it either. (:

Miss. Croft
28th Feb 2008, 06:59
untill i finish or i have to stop

lol thats what ill probably do to. I cant wait!!!:D

biggylew01
28th Feb 2008, 19:20
:D OMG I can't actually wait it's going to be so awesome but like other people say i don't want t rush it but im gunna be so excited that i probally will but then i will go through the whole game again and take my time the second time around and look in every nook and cranny.:D Its just going to be so great i really can't wait if it comes out like Christmas Eve i will be so excited i will have to get it and play before Christmas Day because i will not be able to wait.:D

Does anyone know if Tomb Raider Underworld will have a special collectors edition with bonus features or will it just be the game in itself?

-Lewis-

Studded*Belt
28th Feb 2008, 20:04
well it's hard to say, i plan to play it day and night untill i beat it, but thats no fun i'll probley play it for 3 hours or so.....:rolleyes:

Imaginary Whisk
28th Feb 2008, 22:01
I'm probably gonna get it for the 360... so... yeah... I'll play it until the console starts complaining. >.>

angerzXraider
27th May 2008, 18:03
:eek: Im going to play however long I feel like playing, which will most likely be NON-STOP!!!!!!!!!!! I get SOOO addicted. I'm not going to use ANY walkthrough's until I beat the game ALL by myself. :nut: :nut: :nut: :nut: I don't care if it takes me hours! If I get stuck, Im going to try to not look at walkthroughs. Cause if I were really there in a tomb, I wouldn't have access to a computer.lol I'd need to use my wits and agility!!! :mad2: :lol: fun funfun
(this is probably the weirdest paragraph I've ever writen here on Eidos forums) I haven't slept in 2 days.... you all can guess why. :)

james987654321
28th May 2008, 07:15
Ill play till i get kicked off by my family. I love the feeling when its the end of school/work and theres a new game waiting to be played at home!

daaceking
2nd Jun 2008, 10:34
hey i have an idea! lets raid crystal dynamics and get underworld as soon as the first copy is on disc!!!:D :rasp: funny thing tr's come out in june and all of a sudden i wanna play tomb raider i have to wait till christmas. why not let the consoles wait. i hate it when they give the games lastly to pc. don't these plonkers realise pc's are gonna out live EVERYTHING ELSE!!!!:mad2:

Arctic
2nd Jun 2008, 11:48
Oh, I don't know. It depends on what I have to do that day. If it's a school day, then I probably won't be able to play it that much. But if it's in the weekend, then I would play in about 6-7 hours I think.. With breaks - otherwise my father will kill me :P
But it also depends on when in the day I buy it.. Hmm.. Yeah actually I don't have a clue about how much time I'm gonna play it the first day :scratch: I'll find out :p

daaceking
2nd Jun 2008, 12:27
ill wake up, brush my teeth. start playing until i finish it or 4 oclock at night depending which comes first. then repeat the process again lol (providing ive not finished the game)

little miss Ju
2nd Jun 2008, 17:41
I don't get how people can go insanely slow during games 'cause it just gets agonisingly boring - I mean even if you're taking in the scenery I'd get bored real quick. I'll probably spend a day on TRU when I first get it andif I'm not finished I'll just repeat the process but seeing as I can't stand looking in every nook and cranny for something that's probably not there I doubt it'll take me over a day (unless the game's creepilly long)... :D

Tomb-Dude
2nd Jun 2008, 20:32
I my self with this game will want to take in the next gen. ( i sware i have comment on this before will check after post)
But I don't know how long i will play for, it all depends how addicted i get. With Anniversary i got so addicted and with me taking my time took me 3-4 days. Which i didn't really like doing.
So with Underworld i'm going to play for a while but i can't determine how much just yet.

Martin C
2nd Jun 2008, 20:59
given the current state of similar games, i would like TRU to require more than 30 hours. that would mean that it would take me about 30 weeks to complete it since i spend about 10 hours (1 week) of actual play for every 1 hour of required play, the first time through ...
:cool:

I know what you mean mate. I just wish game developers would see some sence and actually focus a bit on game length. I know most people would argue quality over quantity, but striking a balance is surely the way foward?

Martin C

Tomb-Dude
2nd Jun 2008, 22:04
I know what you mean mate. I just wish game developers would see some sence and actually focus a bit on game length. I know most people would argue quality over quantity, but striking a balance is surely the way foward?

Martin C

Yeah common sense, the older ones where a lot long which gave them more deph. These new ones are good but if they did make them longer making the game play long like the old ones they could last for quite a while. Because TR2 took a few months to complete.
So equalling it out would be a good idea.

Anarae
2nd Jun 2008, 22:32
As soon as it comes out, I'm hitting the first place who has it. Which will probably be Wal-mart at Midnight. Then I'm playing until I get stuck, which will probably be about three days later.

I'm taking my time exploring the environments/the manor/practicing Lara's moves. I want to get to know this game inside and out. I'm not in a hurry to get to the finish line or "beat the game". I want to experience it. If it's everything it's hyped up to be, it'll be a Tomb Raider's heaven.