PDA

View Full Version : Just a few things.

Larapink
22nd Feb 2008, 12:32
Hi I am new here, but not new to the tomb raider games :)

I am interested in the new Underworld the screen shots are amazing! But please Cystal Dynamics please bring back the head set and allow Alister and Zip to be optional when they talk during the levels. I really like them talking while tomb raiding. So it would be a good idea for the voices in the headset to be optional so the player decides if they want to hear them or not. Also please make Croft Manor bigger with more rooms and lots of gardens.

It's a simple request but I hope they read this :).

TDK
22nd Feb 2008, 12:42
about the headset is coming back and i dont know if it was optional and the manor nothin have been told about it yet and welcome to the forums :D

Tomb-Dude
22nd Feb 2008, 14:04
about the headset is coming back and i dont know if it was optional and the manor nothin have been told about it yet and welcome to the forums :D

How do you know that the headset is coming back? :scratch: It hasnt been comfirmed? Confused!!!!! lol

All i have heard is that they will be back but not as a major part in underworld?

William Croft
22nd Feb 2008, 17:16
How do you know that the headset is coming back? :scratch: It hasnt been comfirmed? Confused!!!!! lol

All i have heard is that they will be back but not as a major part in underworld?

Your right. I haven't heard that the acutal headset will be back but I know Alister and Zip will be. Maybe TDK meant that Alister and Zip will be back but said it in a different way.

Larapink
22nd Feb 2008, 17:54
I don't know if the headset will be in the game, but I really hope so :)

tombraiderxlegend
23rd Feb 2008, 04:15
Good idea, but I don't think it's possible. If they bring them back, then they have to have useful information. So how can they tell you when you turn it off? Unless somehow, at the beginning of the game, you have a choice to either turn it on or off, for the whole game and if you chose it to be off, you would find useful information on the ground, etc. etc.

TDK
23rd Feb 2008, 08:15
umm yes mybe thats wut i mean and if there is zip and alister so i guess there is a headset ! dont u think so plus i remember i heard tht from somewhere but i cant really remember :D but as i said to tomb-dude mybe it was a dream of seeing a headset :lol: :lol:

Your right. I haven't heard that the acutal headset will be back but I know Alister and Zip will be. Maybe TDK meant that Alister and Zip will be back but said it in a different way.

hehe im confused too i dont know i heard it somewhere or mybe saw it in a vid or mybe i was dreaming :lol: :lol:

Pushtrak
23rd Feb 2008, 13:47
I would be surprised if the headset didn't return. And if the headset does return, then it will be a pretty big part for moving the plot forward, et cetera. Having it as optional is is making the team work on dialog for Zip and Alister that would have no purpose. And you will find game developers don't like doing too many things if they will not be enjoyed by people.

In short, if its there, you'll have to live with it. For most of us, thats a good thing. If its not a good thing for you, then, well, thats your prerogative.

William Croft
26th Feb 2008, 16:33
Hmmm, maybe she has a blue tooth headset and a phone :rolleyes:

Tomb-Dude
26th Feb 2008, 16:36
Hmmm, maybe she has a blue tooth headset and a phone :rolleyes:

:lol: why would she need a bluetooth head set and a fone if she can just have the headset :rasp:

jbriscoe95
9th Mar 2008, 21:53
dont ask me why but i prefur legend because i dont feel lonely when they talk and in annerversary they have that scary music i dont like it if someones not in the room.

POSSL
21st Mar 2008, 19:53
Zip and Alister kill the feeling of loneliness, i hope there´s and option to shut them up if they´re back.

rabid metro
22nd Mar 2008, 02:13
is "loneliness" like the holy grail of tomb raiding?

the idea runs counter to everyday experience ...
and one might suppose that anyone that comes to a gaming forum actually wants to be in touch with others ...

so i don't understand why Lara needs to be isolated.

of course, making "non-essential" dialogue optional would be best,
but i would leave the dialogue ON because the chatter is great, IMO.
:cool: