PDA

View Full Version : Lara Wounds

LaraCroftLuver
22nd Feb 2008, 00:21
When Lara gets wounds I think it would be cool if she could
bleed for like a few seconds if she gets shot or cut and maybe she could like use some clothe to wrap the cut around with.

Tomb-Dude
22nd Feb 2008, 11:23
Would be interesting, but (just to be annoying) what happens if the bullet hits her head (as it sometimes does) would she die or just wrap it up.

But i would like to see maybe a few seconds of blood from where a jaguar or something has claws at her legs or ripped her clothing? Maybe she starts to limp when her health gets low and finds it differcult to climb and swing so you have to find another way round.

ditom
22nd Feb 2008, 15:00
Or she get shoot in to her legs and she couldn't walk?

rsdigi
22nd Feb 2008, 16:18
I remember reading there will no longer be blood in TR games due to them getting an M rating (in america) if there is any blood.
I believe the reason blood was absent from TRA: Wii edition was because of this.

One thing I would hate, although more realistic, would be if she slows down or limps when low on health. Or if she wouldnt be able to climb ledges etc. if she were weak.

I always hated this about the Resident Evil series, have to slowly limp around when low on health.

Tomb-Dude
22nd Feb 2008, 22:05
I remember reading there will no longer be blood in TR games due to them getting an M rating (in america) if there is any blood.
I believe the reason blood was absent from TRA: Wii edition was because of this.

One thing I would hate, although more realistic, would be if she slows down or limps when low on health. Or if she wouldnt be able to climb ledges etc. if she were weak.

I always hated this about the Resident Evil series, have to slowly limp around when low on health.

I liked it in the resident evil games (made it more challenging as it was an 18 or something like that?)

But i think it would be good add challenge as that's what people want, but it may get frustrating. But it would also mean you shouldn't use your medipacks willynilly (when ever you want to) but to spare them?
Make the game more realistic and maybe interesting? You never know...

But on the otherside, it could course the game to go dramaticly down hill, make player loose attention on the game it self as they are about 85% of hte time watching their health bar? And with players getting annoying Tomb Raider would be out of the gaming world as we now know it...

But back to my point, i like it :D i would like to see a bit of challenge like that, and like they said there are other routes to go? and becuase lara can't climb a certain ledge becuase of her legs would force her to go another way to complete the level ;)
And becuase she would be serverly injured she had have to find another way of killing the enemies or going around them? (if no health packs are availiable)

But if Lara was to get shot in the leg (as someone said causing her not to walk) would also be interesting. Get shot in the leg a few times and fall to the floor nad fire instead and crawl to saftey ;) and use a medipack (with out being in a fight or running and jumping) and slowly healing her. :D

Sorry for my little rant but thats my ideas and my opinion honestly. :D

LaraCroftLuver
22nd Feb 2008, 23:17
I liked it in the resident evil games (made it more challenging as it was an 18 or something like that?)

But i think it would be good add challenge as that's what people want, but it may get frustrating. But it would also mean you shouldn't use your medipacks willynilly (when ever you want to) but to spare them?
Make the game more realistic and maybe interesting? You never know...

But on the otherside, it could course the game to go dramaticly down hill, make player loose attention on the game it self as they are about 85% of hte time watching their health bar? And with players getting annoying Tomb Raider would be out of the gaming world as we now know it...

But back to my point, i like it :D i would like to see a bit of challenge like that, and like they said there are other routes to go? and becuase lara can't climb a certain ledge becuase of her legs would force her to go another way to complete the level ;)
And becuase she would be serverly injured she had have to find another way of killing the enemies or going around them? (if no health packs are availiable)

But if Lara was to get shot in the leg (as someone said causing her not to walk) would also be interesting. Get shot in the leg a few times and fall to the floor nad fire instead and crawl to saftey ;) and use a medipack (with out being in a fight or running and jumping) and slowly healing her. :D

Sorry for my little rant but thats my ideas and my opinion honestly. :D

I like that idea too

Tomb-Dude
22nd Feb 2008, 23:25
I like that idea too

Thank you. :D
I like to put my idea's on here but it's hard for me to put what i have in my head into words :scratch:

LCraider08
23rd Feb 2008, 05:12
I agree on the blood, obviously not total gore cause its our Lara we are talking about. Just a little scratch and then it dissapears. Also, on the limping thing. that would be cool and more realistic, BUT I have a feeling it would get really annoying after awhile. Just becuase I get frantic while shooting the jaguars or dinosaurs or whatever she is attacking, and i jump and dodge, and I hate it when I get knocked down, and I think it would just remind me of AOD. (Kurtis vs boaz-it took him foreverrr to get up) SHe is a super hero and dominates everyone, but alittle blood would be nice. Just to make sure she isn't immoral ;)

TDK
23rd Feb 2008, 08:10
i said tht once too we should see some blood its not a bad idea

@rsdigi : u said tht she wouldnt be able to climb ledges ! lol if u think about it its kind of funny wut if she dont have anything to heal her self how i am going to finish the level ? :D

@TOMB DUDE : u said : becuase lara can't climb a certain ledge becuase of her legs would force her to go another way to complete the level :D hey nice idea but if they really going to make it , well i dont like it that much ! wut if u dont have another way ! but if the health went really low they should let her walk slow and then when she walks alot she lose some helth too :D lol she is so going to die :p

Jezyk
23rd Feb 2008, 09:45
I also agree on the blood.
About the age rating, TRA was already 16+, so if with blood it's 18+ is it such a great difference? BTW funny, there's blood in TV all the time but when you show a few drops in the game, it's 18+ :rolleyes:

briek
24th Feb 2008, 17:38
That would be interesting, and I think that if she gets shot in the head she should die. After all, if the opponents die when being shot in the head, why shouldn't Lara. That being said, if that were the case - the game would turn more into stealth than action/adventure because you wouldn't want to get shot at. That would be ridiculous, so I don't think they'll do that.:scratch: