PDA

View Full Version : Do you want the Adrenaline Dodge in Underworld?

Sadistic Raider
18th Feb 2008, 15:14
Did you like the Adrenaline Dodge in Anniversary? Do you want it back in Underworld? I definitely do, I think it's so cool! ^^

P.S. I would like to do a pool, but I don't know how to :D

Werner Von Croy
18th Feb 2008, 15:29
No if it's gonna be used like it was in TRA if they do make it an optional thing rather than having to execute it all the time

Sadistic Raider
18th Feb 2008, 15:55
Yes, perhaps making it optional would be a good idea since some people seem to dislike it...

Werner Von Croy
18th Feb 2008, 15:57
Don't get me wrong it has it's uses and i kind of like it, but when you are faced with multiple enemies then it becomes very impractical

Tomb-Dude
18th Feb 2008, 16:04
Don't get me wrong it has it's uses and i kind of like it, but when you are faced with multiple enemies then it becomes very impractical

I agree, it did get frsutrating sometimes, defferntly with the bosses. My sister loves the game but she can't get the handle of that move, i had to kill Natla for her? She got that frustrated with it!

But i liked it but it got used to much in my opinion!

Werner Von Croy
18th Feb 2008, 16:26
I agree, it did get frsutrating sometimes, defferntly with the bosses. My sister loves the game but she can't get the handle of that move, i had to kill Natla for her? She got that frustrated with it!

But i liked it but it got used to much in my opinion!

Indeed once you get the hang of it it becomes second nature, it's just patience and timing really

Tomb-Dude
18th Feb 2008, 16:29
Indeed once you get the hang of it it becomes second nature, it's just patience and timing really

Exactly!!!!!

All these people who are like "oh my god its to annoying" learn it practice everyone else did?! :p

Werner Von Croy
18th Feb 2008, 16:30
Exactly!!!!!

All these people who are like "oh my god its to annoying" learn it practice everyone else did?! :p

They've got no patience or good timing like us tombdude :lol:

Tomb-Dude
18th Feb 2008, 16:40
They've got no patience or good timing like us tombdude :lol:

;) no they don't :lol:

I hope it is back to be honest though, but not forced on us to use, I dont think an option like turn on/off AD that would be a bit, well wierd to be honest. Well to be honest i don't know i just hope it's better and less forced on...

Werner Von Croy
18th Feb 2008, 16:41
;) no they don't :lol:

I hope it is back to be honest though, but not forced on us to use, I dont think an option like turn on/off AD that would be a bit, well wierd to be honest. Well to be honest i don't know i just hope it's better and less forced on...

I hope they make it like legend remember you did some sort of adrenelin dodge move where u pressed certain buttons??

Tomb-Dude
18th Feb 2008, 17:05
What like when you jumped off someones heard but instead she divde forward to the next enermy sort of thing (which i loved doing on the PS2 cant work out how do it like that on PC though :() But i like jumping off people and doing a AD in Legends, better then jumping side ways all the time or forward and backwards like in the original. Sooo... Frustrating and annoying!!!

Still never completed any classics only compleated AOD, Legend and Aniversary lmao!!

BurialGown
18th Feb 2008, 17:18
I like the dodge so I hope it will be back in Underworld;) But they really should make it optional cuz on some of the bosses in TRA it was really hard with it :)

LisaB1962
18th Feb 2008, 17:51
I like the move too, and think it should stay, but not as a requirement to advance in the game.

I'd like to be rewarded for doing it though, or have an AD mode where enemies can only be killed with the dodge (and get a REALLY COOL REWARD for beating it.)

Chadster
18th Feb 2008, 17:52
I like the dodge, and hope its here to stay. However, I think its very annoying when you are in very small, enclosed spaces (ie. raptors in the Tomb Of Qualopec), I hope the Aerial Assault is back though they were brilliant.(and you could kill enemys in Time Trial faster too. ;) )

Tomb-Dude
18th Feb 2008, 17:55
I like the move too, and think it should stay, but not as a requirement to advance in the game.

I'd like to be rewarded for doing it though, or have an AD mode where enemies can only be killed with the dodge (and get a REALLY COOL REWARD for beating it.)

Would be interesting, to get rewarded on it but what do you mean, like get a rpice back at the croft manor or something?

For bosses i think there should be a differnet tactic for each boss, what do you lot think?

Chadster
18th Feb 2008, 20:06
Would be interesting, to get rewarded on it but what do you mean, like get a rpice back at the croft manor or something?

For bosses i think there should be a differnet tactic for each boss, what do you lot think?

Maybe the reward could be more complex moves and more melee moves?

UTWarden
18th Feb 2008, 20:14
No if it's gonna be used like it was in TRA if they do make it an optional thing rather than having to execute it all the time

2nd this.

Sadistic Raider
18th Feb 2008, 20:26

Maybe what those people fail to realize is that you can also do the AD pressing forward, and not only left right and backwards. It's very usefull e.g. to kill Natla.
Or maybe they just lack patience and timing because I never had any problem what so ever doing it, and trust me, I have no supernatural powers... lol

Werner Von Croy
18th Feb 2008, 20:34
Maybe what those people fail to realize is that you can also do the AD pressing forward, and not only left right and backwards. It's very usefull e.g. to kill Natla.
Or maybe they just lack patience and timing because I never had any problem what so ever doing it, and trust me, I have no supernatural powers... lol

I love executing the AD backwards, love it when lara falls back and slides so cool :thumbsup:

Tomb-Dude
18th Feb 2008, 21:33
I love executing the AD backwards, love it when lara falls back and slides so cool :thumbsup:

And reload after doing the backward one so she is unloading the clip whislt in slow mo she jumps to her feet and then she finishes off the reloading.
It looks cool:cool:

TouchOfPink
18th Feb 2008, 21:43

Totally agree!! But I don't think it should be used in a boss fight like the big mutant in Anniversary, I always enjoyed saving up ammo and letting rip against the final big boss :rolleyes: I'd still like to see it return in Underworld though.. :)

rabid metro
19th Feb 2008, 05:35

I'd like to be rewarded for doing it though ...

i generally agree with this sentiment ...

Underworld will probably add-on its own set of signature moves. i'm willing to bet that CD has figured out how to make legacy boss battles so that the gameplay in TRU won't be as restrictive as TRA was (i.e. featuring single path solutions that required the adrenaline dodge combo).

i have very little problem, now, with using the adrenaline dodge in multiple monster situations or in tight quarters. i do have to acknowledge that in multiple monster situations, things can go bad very quickly if you get out-of-sync when using your evasive manuevers. i think most people don't try the forward adrenaline dodge because its not a natural instinct to "evade forward".
:cool:
... and on the subject of being rewarded for choosing to use the adrenaline dodge, i think that in some cases the reward can be something like seconds/minutes shaved off in a time trial attempt hence increasing the likelihood of success. however, another (heavy-handed) way to be rewarded for using the adrenaline dodge is for TRU to require it to pass some obstacle, as in one minor boss battle. that would be enough to invoke a connection to TRA. overall, if TRU is to be (legacy) great then it needs to move on ... which implies that Anniversary's signature move needs to stay tightly associated with Anniversary and only loosely associated with Underworld ...
:cool:

TDK
19th Feb 2008, 09:11
Oh here we go agin :mad2: lol hope there is no nagging in here :D agree about optinal thing yep :D

Werner Von Croy
19th Feb 2008, 10:43
Totally agree!! But I don't think it should be used in a boss fight like the big mutant in Anniversary, I always enjoyed saving up ammo and letting rip against the final big boss :rolleyes: I'd still like to see it return in Underworld though.. :)

Oh agreed i miss the unlimited pick ups as with original tomb raider i liked to save up as much Uzi ammo for that fight sorry to go off in a tangent again :scratch:

William Croft
19th Feb 2008, 11:42
Adrenaline Dodge? Yes please :D Loved it, it was fun although pretty hard to master but once you had it it was very effective, I also hope that the slow mo. moves in Legend are back, they were brilliant. :thumbsup: From what I've heard AD is back And they'res going to be slight changes but nothing about the moves from legend :D

LisaB1962
19th Feb 2008, 14:24

The reward for doing the AD could be in level with a pickup dropped by the downed enemy (odd for animals, but it is a videogame), or perhaps Lara could accumulate "style points" that give an end level reward. Doing enough in a game could unlock "AD mode" where enemies can only be killed by the AD. AD mode should have a tremendous reward for beating it--say an unlockable level.

This says it all:
It looks cool :cool:

Because IMO controlling Lara isn't about anything but looking cool. That's what I loved about flip and fire, backflipping onto a box, reverse roll to a hang---it just looks freakin' cool. Spare me the mundane. Bring on the cool. :cool:

Sadistic Raider
19th Feb 2008, 17:11
And reload after doing the backward one so she is unloading the clip whislt in slow mo she jumps to her feet and then she finishes off the reloading.
It looks cool:cool:

I love doing that, it's so awesome! :D

Oh agreed i miss the unlimited pick ups as with original tomb raider i liked to save up as much Uzi ammo for that fight sorry to go off in a tangent again :scratch:

ME TOO! I really didn't like the fact that the ammo pick ups were limited in TRA... I mean if they are there you should be able to pick as many as you want!

LCraider08
19th Feb 2008, 19:04
I liked it cause it added a really cool affect to the game, and it was nice to have a one shot one kill.

james987654321
20th Feb 2008, 03:13
i liked adrenaline dodge, but i hated the stupid beeping sounds, one other thing id like to add is how i h8 how lara has to shoot poor innocent animals in THEIR natural habitat, surely it would be illegal to shoot wat may b endangered/all ready extinct animals :( i have to give the controls to my brother when the innocent lil animals need to b put dwn, STOP THE SLAUGHTER LARA! ****

Werner Von Croy
20th Feb 2008, 07:40
i liked adrenaline dodge, but i hated the stupid beeping sounds, one other thing id like to add is how i h8 how lara has to shoot poor innocent animals in THEIR natural habitat, surely it would be illegal to shoot wat may b endangered/all ready extinct animals :( i have to give the controls to my brother when the innocent lil animals need to b put dwn, STOP THE SLAUGHTER LARA! ****

Erm it's only a game :scratch:

lara
20th Feb 2008, 12:30
I'd keep the ad for animals but use the legend philosophy of the aerial assault for humans, that way you have the best of both worlds and everyone's :) but I always get dissapointed when I see 'bullet dodges' I think Lara suits raw survivial and self defence rather than flipping off walls and walking on ceilings Matrix esque etc' x

lara
20th Feb 2008, 12:32
Oh and about animal cruelty in TR Legend Lara does feel remorse, like in Bolivia she replies to Alister's 'Why predators attack prey larger than themselves is a mystery' with 'And a pity' and besides I don't think keeping raw steak in her backpack is going to put them off x

LisaB1962
20th Feb 2008, 13:17
Erm it's only a game :scratch:
^^QFT.

Jezyk
20th Feb 2008, 13:25

Oh yeah, killing people is perfectly ok, but please Lara stop killing animals :nut:

Chadster
20th Feb 2008, 13:28
Oh yeah, killing people is perfectly ok, but please Lara stop killing animals :nut:

You can't stop Lara killing animals, its part of the story of the game! And anyway, what are the odds of raiding all these tombs in all the countries and not coming across a single animal!?

Werner Von Croy
20th Feb 2008, 13:56
You can't stop Lara killing animals, its part of the story of the game! And anyway, what are the odds of raiding all these tombs in all the countries and not coming across a single animal!?

Very true, however this is only fictional in real life i think Lara would use a stun/tranq gun to keep the Animals at bay rather than kill them however this is not real life, so killing the animals (In an animate sense) is ok.

William Croft
20th Feb 2008, 16:08

I would think you would find that the animals ran to Lara so Lara protects herself... Go back and play either Legend or Anniversary and lets see who runs to who. :cool:

Jezyk
20th Feb 2008, 17:32

LoL I was being sarcastic :P

matches81
21st Feb 2008, 01:38
Yes, please keep the AD, I like it.

And, oddly enough, I somewhat agree with james, although for a completely different reasons:
I think it's not too believable that every freaking animal, even bats, come and attack Lara at every occasion.
But, I still agree with most of the guys here: It's a game, "I" kill lots of people in games almost every time I pick one up. I simply don't see how I should feel any remorse about some animal that's stupid enough to attack me. I just think animals shouldn't be that stupid in Tomb Raider, that's all. Having animals behave more believably would be great. :)

james987654321
21st Feb 2008, 02:41
lol, ino its a game... i just dnt like it when you HAVE to kill animals 2 progress, i dnt like to think of lara as an animal killer, i usually just run around them. i guess i just like animals 2 much coz its seems sad 2 just shoot them

james987654321
21st Feb 2008, 02:50

haha, animals dnt have guns... so its unfair to just jump and roll around them while shooting them, i just want to b able run past n leave em b

Sadistic Raider
21st Feb 2008, 11:06
haha, animals dnt have guns... so its unfair to just jump and roll around them while shooting them, i just want to b able run past n leave em b

Oh, so it's only ok to kill people if they also have guns! Ok. So I figure that if you had a shotgun and a lion wanted to eat you, you would not kill him because that would be so damn cruel, would it not? I mean poor little lion, he is so hungry, you should totally let him eat you alive. ^^
I have 7 dogs, so trust me, you don't love animals more than I do. All you have to do is to learn the difference between real and virtual, so let me break it down for you: Tomb Raider is computer game, what you see on the screen is not really happening. That's right. It's not real. It's just a game. Got it?

CatSuit&Ponytail
21st Feb 2008, 12:47
All right. That is enough. Stop picking on people for having a conscience, even in a game environment. :mad:

I absolutely hate, loathe, detest, find disgusting, killing animals "because I have to" in a game. No matter what game. I prefer to use smarter ways around them, like sneaking, or placing bait out and then sneaking, or just plain running and dodging and jumping away until they lose interest. Animals rarely attack in real life, and are more likely to slink away from us. Being forced to kill an animal I know is only protecting it's space is simply bad programming and story telling. At least let me have tranqs so I can actually believe in the gameplay of these fake suicidally aggressive wild animals.

So. That is my right. To feel what I feel. If you have a problem with that, it's not my concern.

As for the Adrenaline Dodge, ...making it optional is the only way I will enjoy it.

Sadistic Raider
21st Feb 2008, 17:39
So you mean that if I have no problem killing animals in a videogame I have no conscience?!:rolleyes: LOL?!

I mean don't get me wrong, you can think whatever you want to think. Just keep in mind that you're not the only one who has the right to express their feelings.

I do enjoy killing animals and people in videogames, and no matter what you say or think, a videogame is still just a videogame. And if you "have a problem with that" you will have to deal with it, because it's certainly "not my concern".

zakker
21st Feb 2008, 17:59
let's get back to the original topic, certainly i agree on AD in TRU but in case of multiple enemies there must be a way that lara can provoke these enemies as much as she can and they attack in bullet time and there must be a new controls scheme that lara can dodge all of them and shoot one by one or multiple aim at once.... tell me what you think:scratch:

Sadistic Raider
21st Feb 2008, 18:22
there must be a new controls scheme that lara can dodge all of them and shoot one by one or multiple aim at once.... tell me what you think:scratch:

That would be an idea... a great one I guess ;)

LisaB1962
21st Feb 2008, 19:47
You know, I hadn't considered what multiple aim might mean for the AD. :scratch: It could be be very cool to use the AD for multiple enemies. :thumbsup:

Chadster
21st Feb 2008, 20:33
You know, I hadn't considered what multiple aim might mean for the AD. :scratch: It could be be very cool to use the AD for multiple enemies. :thumbsup:

Perhaps she'll do something like a swan dive with her arms stretched between enemies and shoot 'em?

Tomb-Dude
21st Feb 2008, 20:37
Perhaps she'll do something like a swan dive with her arms stretched between enemies and shoot 'em?

She can now do a swan dive and shoot, but in TR3 i always use to do that in england, very frist level dive off pull out my guns and shoot.
And also in the mansion i use to dive pull out guns and shoot.

But im glad it's back.

shaq
21st Feb 2008, 21:56
Did you like the Adrenaline Dodge in Anniversary? Do you want it back in Underworld? I definitely do, I think it's so cool! ^^

P.S. I would like to do a pool, but I don't know how to :D

dam... I hate it... **** I want good adventure game not next war with kayboard :lol:

CatSuit&Ponytail
22nd Feb 2008, 09:06
So you mean that if I have no problem killing animals in a videogame I have no conscience?!:rolleyes: LOL?!

I mean don't get me wrong, you can think whatever you want to think. Just keep in mind that you're not the only one who has the right to express their feelings.

I do enjoy killing animals and people in videogames, and no matter what you say or think, a videogame is still just a videogame. And if you "have a problem with that" you will have to deal with it, because it's certainly "not my concern".

Right. Of course, so silly of me to think it was not all about you. Of course it is all about you. :rolleyes:

You have skillfully missed my very clear point, and taken it as if I was attacking you. I wonder why? Could it be because you were attacking members for their feelings and felt guilty and that made you lash out at me?

Well done. :rolleyes: Have fun on your vacation. :)

Now......back to the AD....Yes, I found it quite annoying on the keyboard and mouse. I could probably have made an easier time with a gamepad, but if a game is released for the pc with no specific requirement for a gamepad, I don't want to be forced to buy one. (Ok, yes, I already have one, but still. :p ;) :D )

William Croft
22nd Feb 2008, 09:22
Now......back to the AD....Yes, I found it quite annoying on the keyboard and mouse. I could probably have made an easier time with a gamepad, but if a game is released for the pc with no specific requirement for a gamepad, I don't want to be forced to buy one. (Ok, yes, I already have one, but still. :p ;) :D )

That would be hard for me to judge seeing as I don't Have Anniversary on PC although on the PS2 it was fine. Sure when you first got the game and had no idea what Adrealine Dodge was it was annoying but after you got the hang of it it was very effective. Yes I would like it to be back just make it eaiser to use one the Pc version.
Although, off topic one VERY annoying thing was jumping back on the grapple thingy. If you know was I mean. Even when I finished the game like 100 times I still can't do it first time round! Now that was soooo annoying!! I kept on dying :mad::mad: They really need to adjust that :nut:

Tomb-Dude
22nd Feb 2008, 11:18
@William croft i found jumping backwards easy, it was jumping normally on the grapple with bugged me because she always went backwards :scratch:

But back to AD i have played the demo on pc and played PS2 and i found them both quite easy to be honest, yeah it may take some time (5 minuets) to get use to but i don't honestly see what the problem is :scratch: it may be that i am yuong and my fingers are still very flexible, well if you can say that.

But i honestly do want it back :D

Jezyk
22nd Feb 2008, 11:29
The difficulties with the AD is something that I can't understand... ok, it's not explained properly in the game and the booklet, but when you get a grip on it it's really, really easy. In fact long jumping and/or grapple sequences are far more complicated than AD's roll & shoot (that's basically all you have to do), and no one complains that they're too tricky to perform (let alone the GP Hell, that's extreme)

SadisticRaider
22nd Feb 2008, 14:07
Right. Of course, so silly of me to think it was not all about you. Of course it is all about you. :rolleyes:

You have skillfully missed my very clear point, and taken it as if I was attacking you. I wonder why? Could it be because you were attacking members for their feelings and felt guilty and that made you lash out at me?

Well done. :rolleyes: Have fun on your vacation. :)

Oh, of course it is not all about me. :) That must be the reason why you banned me is it not? :) It's not about me, but yet, you banned me. Yeah right, I challenge you to make sense of that.

And thank you for wishing me a good vacation, but unfortunately I have no time for a vacation, if you know what I mean. Which you obviously do, because you’re so clever. And even if I had time for a vacation, I would certainly not enjoy it, because I feel so enormously guilty that I just cannot sleep at night. :(

Well but all of this doesn’t really matter because it all comes down to three words: Abuse Of Power. I have a different opinion, so what's the correct thing to do? Ban. And you even dare to ironically tell me that this is all about me? Wake up and smell the coffee: It's about you. So just allow me to use your words: Well done. ;)

But if it makes you feel sooo powerfull and good about yourself (Yourself? Oh wait, wasn’t it all about me? I'm confused... :confused: ), go ahead and ban me. See if I care. No, even better. See if it makes a difference. ;)

zakker
22nd Feb 2008, 17:23
in prince of persia warrior within he used vertical poles to swing and hit enemies with his sword, but i don't want TRU to copycat this move.

CD must come with new moves while using AD against multiple enemies:confused:

Larapink
22nd Feb 2008, 18:00
No I don't like that move from Anniversary, I like the air attack from legend kick or jump from the enemy.

Jezyk
22nd Feb 2008, 18:29
Banning someone for his opinion about a videogame? That's just bad :/ He didn't make fun of anyone and didn't offend anyone.

SadisticRaider
22nd Feb 2008, 19:00
Banning someone for his opinion about a videogame? That's just bad :/ He didn't make fun of anyone and didn't offend anyone.

Yeah, that's exactly my point...and it's not just bad, is an absurd abuse of power. Anyway, thank you! It's good to know that someone here agrees with me and gets me. Unfortunately the admin thinks that having a different opinion is rude, so she banned me. Talking about having a conscience...

CatSuit&Ponytail
22nd Feb 2008, 19:37
Jezyk, I banned him NOT for his opinion, but for his rudeness to other members about THEIR opinion, and for his very unfortunate tone with me.