PDA

View Full Version : MISC. is Nosgoth going to be a competative pvp game?

Zindiq
14th Dec 2013, 02:26
I was reading the result of the survey and there is something I don't understand.

how can ranking and tournaments be the lowest priority of the players ?

how can Achievements be more important then ranking ?

how can this be a competitive pvp arena game when there is no ranking it just don't make sence.

Oroibahazopi
14th Dec 2013, 02:30
The reason is that the bulk of the people playing this game are people who play the LoK series, which is single player and lore based.

cmstache
14th Dec 2013, 04:32
It's not that we don't care about it being competitive. The issue is that we'd rather see it developed first, and then the competition will come on it's own. Honestly, with this small of a player base it's pretty uneven often anyways. You need players to make it competitive.

Oroibahazopi
14th Dec 2013, 04:47
Achievements really add nothing.

Where can I find the results btw?

Psyonix_Eric
14th Dec 2013, 06:46
http://www.nosgoth.com/blog/your-feedback-matters

Oroibahazopi
14th Dec 2013, 06:53
Good grief...

People haven't even unlocked all the initial gear from the initial classes yet to test and you're releasing more.

RainaAudron
14th Dec 2013, 11:58
Those are the lowest priority as they are not as important as adding actual in-game content. I think the most important is to get new characters and maps for more variety.

Amorbis
14th Dec 2013, 12:23
I'd say that even when the player base is bigger then people will start organising tournaments and matches themselves, but it will still only be a small amount of people that take part. That doesn't mean that lots of people aren't interested though, as I'm sure some people would like to watch streamed matches of the top ranked players.

Zindiq
14th Dec 2013, 14:27
remember this is not a survey on what you want before Beta start, don't expect anything to get released before that, they already said they working on a map ( and i think a new game mode) and 1 class for each faction and they want them ready for beta (not before).

with Beta a lot more player will be joining so hopefully there will be a lot more matches going on, Not prioritising ranking/tournaments in a PVP arena game but instead prioritising "Achievements" to me seem abit silly direction.

look at games like LOL and DOTA2 there is a lot more news about there tournaments than Achievements, But then again maybe NOSGOTH is just making a casual Arena game , since they actually never mention anything about being competitive pvp game.

Tube_Reaver
14th Dec 2013, 16:46
look at games like LOL and DOTA2 there is a lot more news about there tournaments than Achievements, But then again maybe NOSGOTH is just making a casual Arena game , since they actually never mention anything about being competitive pvp game.

Actually in the FAQ section they do state the following:

Nosgoth is a competitive, team-based Human versus Vampire free-to-play multiplayer experience set in the brutal fantasy world of the Legacy of Kain series.

Also keep in mind the fact that when you signed up for Alpha access they asked about previous e-sports experiences etc

So personally I think it is safe to assume that the devs are hoping to aim for e-sports sometime in the future. I mean lets face it, e-sports has done wonders for games like CS, LoL, Dota 2, SC1 and SC2.

And I would actually like to see it get that far, I for one enjoy the tournament/competitive atmosphere that the above games represent.

cmstache
14th Dec 2013, 16:50
That's a valid point. I personally, although watch sometimes, have never played in one. I think the guys I currently play with if we stay together could have a lot of fun. It seems lately, I feel more guilty than not playing against some groups of people. It's a nice opportunity to learn a new class though.

Oroibahazopi
14th Dec 2013, 17:13
I guess it's probably better to throw a bunch of new crap into the mix now rather than later. I was just getting into a groove though with the current team comps and gear setups.

Gold reset on new items release though please!

Oroibahazopi
14th Dec 2013, 21:44
Oh an btw, no one is allowed to complain any more when they play against pre-mades and lose 10-80, since ranking is such a low priority to you.

cmstache
15th Dec 2013, 16:25
Ranking may not matter, but close matches are much more fun.

RainaAudron
15th Dec 2013, 16:48
Yeah, agreed cmstache, when it´s close, I don´t care as much if we lose or not.

Oroibahazopi: Please use the edit function to avoid double posting, thank you.

Oroibahazopi
15th Dec 2013, 17:38
I like to bump the threads for emphasis as editing does not do it and most of the time people seem uninterested in discussing game mechanics so I talk to myself.

You want even matches but didn't vote for ranking, you can't have it both ways. Such is the tyranny of the majority, the majority being too stupid to know what's good for it.

cmstache
15th Dec 2013, 17:50
That depends. I didn't vote for it because I know it will come as the game progresses. Complaining about things like not having people to play is a waste of time considering that will be remedied on it's own when betas come.

Personally, I voted for a better lobby/teaming system as a priority.

RainaAudron
15th Dec 2013, 18:04
Oroibahazopi: Double posting is not allowed. People will post here if they want to, no need to artificially bump the threads, thank you for understanding.

Oroibahazopi
15th Dec 2013, 18:10
Why give me an infraction now when I have double posted since forever?

Btw it's generally considered good moderation to convey such infractions via pm and simply merge the posts.

RainaAudron
15th Dec 2013, 18:17
I just politely asked you, so please get on topic and avoid double posting.

hirukaru
15th Dec 2013, 21:28
Guys please don't fight :)

All the things that has been voted for are parts that will be in the game.
But as far as I know. This list is more lets see what the community thinks is important to add as soon as possible.

Thanks for not fighting.
Fight in game not out of the game.

I Agree that editing is mostly better untill the topic gets moved to lets say page 5.
(Bump like once in a week)