PDA

View Full Version : Vehicles in Underworld!!

Jason Miller
16th Feb 2008, 11:11
I've always been thinking about the vehicles in Underworld, i didn't make a poll because there are many, many vehicles in Tomb Raider, i would really prefer Eidos to have a jet ski level, as well as a motorcycle level like the one in Legend along with many other vehicles.. It would be amazing if there was a level where Lara would ride an under water vehicle such as the one in ''The Cradle of life", the second Tomb Raider movie.

William Croft
16th Feb 2008, 11:15
The motorbike will be back 100%, as for the jet ski, Nothing been confirmed we'll have to wait an see :thumbsup:

Jason Miller
16th Feb 2008, 11:34
The motorbike will be back 100%, as for the jet ski, Nothing been confirmed we'll have to wait an see :thumbsup: there's probably more than 1 vehicle, it would really be lame if they had the motorbike only.:mad2:

William Croft
16th Feb 2008, 11:36
there's probably more than 1 vehicle, it would really be lame if they had the motorbike only.:mad2:

Wouldnt be lame because Legend wasn't exactly lame but having more than 1 would be a good idea :thumbsup: I see where your coming from :D

TDK
16th Feb 2008, 16:52
I wish if there is a Aston Martin car in the game or jeep :D

TDK
16th Feb 2008, 17:57
you mean like bond car ?

:) Jet ski sound like fun. But will we finnaly get the plane or similar venicle? Also it would be fun to have so underwater venicles too.

TDK
16th Feb 2008, 18:08
This car
http://www.supanet.com/media/00/06/11/07_bond_lotus.jpg

What is Bond car?

TDK
16th Feb 2008, 18:16
aha those thing ya they are cool :cool: and the dolphins are cute they should bring them back lol :D

No i mean something like that small thing for underwater swiming like in TR3.

Rai
16th Feb 2008, 19:56
not bothered. I can put up with them. Apparently they will help solve puzzles in TRU. Is there a neutral smiley?

Pushtrak
16th Feb 2008, 20:34
What is Bond car?
You don't know of James Bond?

Tomb-Dude
16th Feb 2008, 22:22
Don't mind as long as they are used well for that level...

Capkeez
17th Feb 2008, 00:21
but lara is going into mayan hell! I don't think you can find other vehicles in mayan hell...

Tomb-Dude
17th Feb 2008, 00:39
but lara is going into mayan hell! I don't think you can find other vehicles in mayan hell...

It never mentioned Hell... She is going to Mayan place and unlocking the gates to Xibalba or something like that?!

William Croft
17th Feb 2008, 10:36
It never mentioned Hell... She is going to Mayan place and unlocking the gates to Xibalba or something like that?!

Hhahahahahahahhhaahhahahaahah! Omg I dunno if you meant to be funny but you got me. I guess it was the way I read it lol. Hhahahahaahah, whats all this about Xibalba, I didn't hear of this :eek: .

I dont think the James bond car will suit Lara, The Batman one will! Only kidding :p Although I really want that yellow thing that Lara used in TRIII, for underwater fighting... That was pretty cool :thumbsup:

Tomb-Dude
17th Feb 2008, 11:33
Hhahahahahahahhhaahhahahaahah! Omg I dunno if you meant to be funny but you got me. I guess it was the way I read it lol. Hhahahahaahah, whats all this about Xibalba, I didn't hear of this :eek: .

I dont think the James bond car will suit Lara, The Batman one will! Only kidding :p Although I really want that yellow thing that Lara used in TRIII, for underwater fighting... That was pretty cool :thumbsup:

This is a short peice of the demo preiview on the site im talking about which is

http://www.planetlara.com/underworld/article0009a.asp

Lara makes her way into the final Mayan temple, the temple that houses the gates to Xibalba and the clock mechanism that opens them. The view over to the, now closed, gates of Xibalba is fairly unimpressive and bland. A sheet of green is really all the area is comprised of; something we feel really needs work on. With the ultimate puzzle piece in her hand Lara successfully resets the clock.

tombraiderxlegend
17th Feb 2008, 20:21
OHOHOHOHOHOH!

In TR Revelation, or something when she drives that Jeep in the desert levels! I want that back. It was hilarious. She like crashed!

TDK
18th Feb 2008, 10:32
aha i luv to seejepp in the game

OHOHOHOHOHOH!

In TR Revelation, or something when she drives that Jeep in the desert levels! I want that back. It was hilarious. She like crashed!

:eek: oh really well u should watch bond films its really cool :D

Actually I never watched those movies of him. I don't really like him.

nah i thought he mean a car under water :lol: and then i knew wut dose he talks about :)

aditya bakshi
20th Feb 2008, 08:12
I've always been thinking about the vehicles in Underworld, i didn't make a poll because there are many, many vehicles in Tomb Raider, i would really prefer Eidos to have a jet ski level, as well as a motorcycle level like the one in Legend along with many other vehicles.. It would be amazing if there was a level where Lara would ride an under water vehicle such as the one in ''The Cradle of life", the second Tomb Raider movie.

I THINK THE VEHICLE THIS TIME SHOULD BE LARA USING AN ANIMAL ,SITTING OVER IT AND FIGTHING,WONT IT BE NICE.IMAGINE .

Chadster
20th Feb 2008, 12:02
Completely unlikely, but how about Lara driving a fast car (Aston Martin DB9, etc...) but the car has gadgets and can fire weapons directly straight and has a few missiles or something, while you have to master the controls when going round tough corners. Yes its never going to happen, I know.

lara
20th Feb 2008, 12:25
I think lara should get a plane..... but have to bail out into the mexican level, her jet's ambushed and after a hand to hand fight which results n a gun dive the cabin depressurises and lara swan dives without a prachute and has to find one on the way down.... phew *wipes forehead* OR in the tomb raider film she has a defender and drives it out of the back of a cargo plane with those lil parachutes on, no?

Mangar The Dark
20th Feb 2008, 15:43
I'd like to see them finally implement horseback riding into a level or two. They had considered doing that back in TR3, but eventually discarded the idea because they had trouble making a realistic horse. Now that computers are a lot more advanced, and we've seen realistic horseback riding in games like Gun, why not try that idea again? It would be a way to have a "vehicle" (so to speak) and yet still be different enough from the other games.

james987654321
21st Feb 2008, 04:45
lara should definately be able to drive her iconic jeep, there should be a really awsome chase sequence somewhere, and she should even drive a quad bike or something and get really muddy, no james bond cars, that wud b wrong 4 lara.

jbriscoe95
30th Mar 2008, 14:39
i heard some where that lara will have her bike with her all the time and can get on and off when she likes:)

Mate
2nd Apr 2008, 22:18
It would be awesome if there was at least one level including horse back riding. I hope the jeep returns too. It was perfect in TR4. And YES, it would be NICEE if there was an underwater vehicle or at least a jet ski. OH! and i hope this time lara is also available to ATACK while swimming and diving. I've had enough of escaping from stupid fishes..

JordG
10th Apr 2008, 12:38
I Think They Should Definutly Put In The Motorbike, To Help Lara Get Around On Her Missions Like For Instance She Couldn't Make The Big Jump So She Uses Her Motobike To Help Her That Would Be Cool, In TR Last Revalation I Think The Jeep Was Cool Did Kinda Get Annoying But They Could Add It To Spice It Up A Bit.:)

jayjay119
11th Apr 2008, 00:54

There was a Underwater Propulsion Unit vehicle in TR3, it wasn't very helpful though it kept getting stuck on walls. I don't really ming what sort of vehicles there is in TRU as long as it's not a hodgepodge of them like in TR3. Maybe in the Underworld there could be another type of vehicle like the mine carts in the RX-Tech mines in TR3 though

Jason Miller
10th May 2008, 10:12
I THINK THE VEHICLE THIS TIME SHOULD BE LARA USING AN ANIMAL ,SITTING OVER IT AND FIGTHING,WONT IT BE NICE.IMAGINE .
Why do you always tend to write in uppercase letters:scratch: ???

TwinPistols
10th May 2008, 10:37
I'd like to see them finally implement horseback riding into a level or two. They had considered doing that back in TR3, but eventually discarded the idea because they had trouble making a realistic horse. Now that computers are a lot more advanced, and we've seen realistic horseback riding in games like Gun, why not try that idea again? It would be a way to have a "vehicle" (so to speak) and yet still be different enough from the other games.

I'd love to see a horse too, like Shadow of Colossus, the horse is very realistic. If Lara could have a horse in Croft Manor like she had in the 2nd movie.

Greenas
10th May 2008, 11:54
I want a CAR and not just a bike

rg_001100
10th May 2008, 20:22
The bike in TRL didn't really fit into the game, (the part in peru and in kazakhstan).

I think a jet fighter or helicopter gunship would be cool (Lara piloting), but it wouldn't fit in.
Maybe if there were mercenaries in TRU they could have a helicopter that shoots you (like in TRL), except you can shoot it with a big gun.

The bike in TRU looks like it will be good to drive (as opposed to in TRL where it was arcade-like)