PDA

View Full Version : Denied Ops

Sgt. Striker
15th Feb 2008, 14:24
Okay, I went against my better judgement and bought this game, and I have one simeple question Eidos, WHAT THE H__L HAVE YOU DONE? Each guy has ONE weapon? Are you kidding me here? I'm walking into a building with a sniper rifle? I'm a dead man. Oh, but you get a shotgun attachment after a couple missions, woopdy doo. The other weapon a SAW, which is great for suppresive fire, but not for barnstorming a fortified structure. I can't even get into this much more, as I'm so DISSAPPOINTED in this game. You guys took a GREAT franchise of 4 VERY COOL games where you could master ALL types of weaponry from all over the world, and PICK UP the enemies weapons as well, NOT IN THIS GAME THOUGH. What the F guys? Why would you ruin one of the coolest set of games EVER? Well, as soon as Frontlines Fuel of War comes out, I'll be trading Denied Ops in on that. I hate to say it Eidos, but you REALLY DROPPED THE BALL on this installment.

Striker Out!

Genie
27th Feb 2008, 22:09
I have the exact same issues with this game.
Not only are the weapons wrong for this type of gameplay, but half the time they don't work at all. I can fire at someone for almost a full second at point blank range before the bullets actually start hitting. It might not sound like a long time, but it's enough for an enemy to run up and beat me to death with his gun. I think the only gun that actually works properly is the 9mm pistol, the .50cal pistol works but the sight is too low by a couple of mm.

dubit
28th Feb 2008, 14:49
I have the exact same issues with this game.
Not only are the weapons wrong for this type of gameplay, but half the time they don't work at all. I can fire at someone for almost a full second at point blank range before the bullets actually start hitting. It might not sound like a long time, but it's enough for an enemy to run up and beat me to death with his gun. I think the only gun that actually works properly is the 9mm pistol, the .50cal pistol works but the sight is too low by a couple of mm.

Aim for the head - It's a near instant kill... ;)

Genie
28th Feb 2008, 22:37
I tried that. It should be easier but the bullets seem to decide that they can go around and hit the wall behind instead of the head. I'll admit it does get better when you get the custom stock though.