PDA

View Full Version : USER INTERFACE Inconsistent, yet constant game lag

cmstache
13th Dec 2013, 20:13
Ever since the last update I've noticed after anywhere between 4-7 matches the game starts lagging. This happens only in battle, and is more than just video. And I've checked everything on my end, even turned the graphics down... changes nothing.

It happens on both servers. I notice it first in the audio (starts getting crackly), then is spreads to the screen being a little jerky. The screen jerks match up completely with the sound crackles. It almost always starts immediately when a round starts, and lasts until I restart Nosgoth. Happened several times now. Originally I thought it might be an anti-virus scan or something; alt tabbed out and saw nothing. After consistently fixing itself after restarting Nosgoth, I'm almost positive it's something in the game. For what it's worth, although it happens on all 3 maps it's the most frequent on Valeholm.

Running on a desktop:
Windows 8.0-64 bit
8GB RAM
6-core 3.5ghz (Overclocked to 4.5) AMD processor
GeForce Nvidia GTX640-2GB

More than enough ventilation, and my temps are only topping out at about 50C (at about 700MB off usage) GPU and 40C (at about 25% usage)CPU

LOFO1993
15th Dec 2013, 14:24
The same happened to me several times, and it surely happened much more often during last week than ever before. At times the game starts to lag, in every possible way: the graphics flicker (it's like when I move around or even just turn the camera the world around me changes with some instants of delay), the sounds repeat some small sections of the total or just jump over them, the damage dealing and even the auto-aim for the vampire attacks seems delayed and thus ineffective (once as a Reaver I literally couldn't jump over anyone , even when my jumps ended clearly on the enemy model. If the immediately next game hadn't run way smoother I would have asked here if the patch also shifted the balance of auto-aim, making it close to useless).

This seems to be completely unrelated with the PING the game says I'm having. I almost always play with a 50-90 PING, and I've played incredibly smooth matches with a 80+ PING (and others had a similar one too) while other times I lagged like hell when mine was around 60-70 and others' was around the same figure.

I have to say this doesn't happen SO often. On Friday every match I played was incredibly smooth. On Monday-Wednesday on the contrary I experienced this much more, and one of those three days - I don't remember the exact date, sorry but didn't take notice of this - after three almost unplayable and quite head-aching matches I had to quit playing because of how bad the game had become.

cmstache
15th Dec 2013, 16:25
You have no idea how much I enjoy reading someone else with this problem. It's almost the the sound and screen are vibrating together. It's playable, in fact I adjust... but it's annoying as all crap. Even other programs on my computer lag from it, like Team Speak.

Jeffers
15th Dec 2013, 19:26
Sounds the same as what I was trying to describe here: http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=8198

I've been tied up with work for the last week so haven't been able to get in and see whether it is still there or not at the moment, from your post I'm guessing it likely is.

LOFO1993
15th Dec 2013, 20:07
Yes, seems to be exactly the same thing, but I can tell you it really seems to happen at random times and at random rounds. I think it's something of the server more than the PC, even though it's not just simple lag. Or maybe I'm wrong, but I can assure you it's very random and - for what I've seen - also very day-related (when I experience it it is there for almost half the matches I play that day, but other days I can't see it at all).

cmstache
15th Dec 2013, 21:28
I agree. The first time I saw the issue I just got the GPU (same day as that update), so I was screwing with settings, and tweaking, so I thought it was me. Then I turned EVERYTHING low... and still did it. A restart fixed it, despite having it at higher settings again, so it's definitely not on my end.