PDA

View Full Version : FMV videos not playing correctly...

steve75
13th Feb 2008, 12:54
I've installed the game, then installed dx included...
I've not installed windows media format runtime 11 as i've already windows media player 11.
Tried the game but all videos goes like 1 frame per minute...
So i tried installing wmfr11... but again videos are sloooooooow.
So i searched in game dirs and find /FMV folder.
I launched all the videos included in that folder, they are ok,
playing from wmp11.
I've my pc fresh formatted, no others video codec except for wmp ones.

Please someone help me.
I'm quite enjoying the game but without videos i can't understand the story.

bjornmmcc4
14th Feb 2008, 22:53
I have the same problem. The game itself runs fine on (mostly) high settings, but the videos are incredibly laggy. Would really appreciate some advice here. Thanks.

steve75
15th Feb 2008, 15:46
Just to give other infos:

My system:
O.S.:
WinXP Pro SP2
Hardware:
Athlon XP3000+
2Gb Ram
Radeon X1950GT AGP 256Mb
SbLive 5.1
Drivers:
Catalyst 8.12
Dx9c included in CDO
Wmf11 included in CDO
OpenAOL included in CDO

Videos, as already stated, works well opening them
via Windows Media Player11.
Launching the games videos plays @ 1 frame per minute.

Hope someone will help us.

CandyCollins
18th Feb 2008, 17:28
The only thing I can suggest is to update your Catalyst drivers to 8.2.

Imo ATI support is not as good as nVidia so unfortunately I think you might have this issue for longer - plus it looks like this game was made with nVidia GeForce cards in mind.

Best,
CandyCollins

steve75
19th Feb 2008, 06:48
The only thing I can suggest is to update your Catalyst drivers to 8.2.

Imo ATI support is not as good as nVidia so unfortunately I think you might have this issue for longer - plus it looks like this game was made with nVidia GeForce cards in mind.

Best,
CandyCollins

Uhm, I don't think the problem are video drivers...
Because I can see videos launching them out of the game.
I think the problem is the way the game load videos or a problem of codecs...
Anyway i've installed catalyst 8.2 and the problem is still here.

ehjort1891
2nd Mar 2008, 14:21
I to can't watch any of the video's in the game, as the move at about 1 frame per minute. I also don't get any music playing with the movies.

I can however launch the files from my hard drive, and they play just fine. Just not in the game.

Here are my specs on my PC

Windows XP w/SP2
Intel Celeron D 3.0 GHz
2GB Ram
512MB Nvidia 7300 GT
Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer

steve75
3rd Mar 2008, 08:06
I to can't watch any of the video's in the game, as the move at about 1 frame per minute. I also don't get any music playing with the movies.

I can however launch the files from my hard drive, and they play just fine. Just not in the game.

Here are my specs on my PC

Windows XP w/SP2
Intel Celeron D 3.0 GHz
2GB Ram
512MB Nvidia 7300 GT
Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer

Good to see i'm not alone.
I've the SAME problem as you.
Also your spec give us some hints:
we exclude a videocard or a videocard driver problem, as ehjort1891 has an invidia and i've an ATI.
Also the CPUs... as ours are different (AMD vs Intel).
Audio cards are different too.

Hope that someone will give us some hints soon.

Nappi95
9th Mar 2008, 14:28
I've not installed windows media format runtime 11 as i've already windows media player 11.
playing from wmp11.

Please someone help me.

Same exact thing happening to me as well. I can also run them fine out of the folder but not in-game. Ran the redistributable anyway. I believe I have every codec that's needed for every possible occasion. I can't figure this one out. And I've been around, as you can tell from my sig. Using the latest Cat's 8.3 but have tried going back several drivers but nothing works.

PC Gamer since 1987
Computer #12
Athlon FX-55 / ABIT AV8 VIA K8T800 Pro 939 Motherboard / PC Power & Cool 510 Deluxe PSU / 2GB 400Mhz PC3200 Ram / 300GB & 160GB Seagate Barracuda SATA internal hard drives / Seagate 300GB eSATA External hard drive / Liteon DVD Rom / NEC 3520A DVD-RW / SB Audigy 2 ZS / ATI Radeon X1950 Pro 512MB AGP / Viewsonic G90FB-4 19" CRT monitor.

scuffpuppy
10th Mar 2008, 12:34
I don't think you guys should expect any developer support with Conflict. Judging by the total lack of response (even by the web masters, of whom have as much to do with the development of the game as my mother) I don't foresee a patch coming soon for either the PC, 360, PS3. If Pivotal or Eidos have any sense they'd wipe their hands from this mess soon as possible.

I'd love to see an explanation from someone in the development team as to what went wrong? If any of you guys actually read these posts, d'you have the balls to tell us what happened?:scratch:

steve75
13th Mar 2008, 06:56
I don't think you guys should expect any developer support with Conflict. Judging by the total lack of response (even by the web masters, of whom have as much to do with the development of the game as my mother) I don't foresee a patch coming soon for either the PC, 360, PS3. If Pivotal or Eidos have any sense they'd wipe their hands from this mess soon as possible.

I'd love to see an explanation from someone in the development team as to what went wrong? If any of you guys actually read these posts, d'you have the balls to tell us what happened?:scratch:

Seriosly I don't understand why this game is in the "upcoming" section.
Maybe this is the reason for no answers.
So Eidos, as the game is out for a month, one would expect a sort of technical support.

I hope the situation will change in a brief time...

steve75
3rd Apr 2008, 06:27
This must be a joke.

No one responding from pivotal/eidos...

No technical support...

No one posting in this forum...

No one bought the game?

Nappi95
3rd Apr 2008, 21:59
If you look on the support/patches/downloads sections on their website you can see that...either Eidos has the most uncanny ability to produce PC games that are totally bug free for the last year and a half...or that's when they decided to stop giving a $hit...because they haven't patched any game in about that length of time. Anybody who has played PC games for a while knows dam well it's pretty rare for a PC game not to need a patch or two, much less a year and a half worth of games. Midway is another that stopped caring too. I guess they realize once you buy software you usually have no recourse. So why care? Either it works for you... or you're just stuck with a drink coaster.

rvfhsdtg
26th Nov 2008, 06:56
playing from wmp11.

Please someone help me.

oh , i have the same problem as you , and i find a professional to solve it , so i can play it well ,