PDA

View Full Version : About the Headset...

LaraLara
12th Feb 2008, 03:19
So there was a poll about whether or not the supporting characters zip and allister should return in TR:U. Some people don't want to hear them and want a feeling of isolation, while others enjoy their company.

Therefore, my suggestion is that maybe Lara could have the option to turn the headsets off, so people who think that the guys are annoying aren't forced to listen to them! And then she could make a comment about how they were getting annoying :p

I think this would add more depth into the gameplay, and who knows, some video game reviewers might not like zip and alli (higher ratings?) xP

Sorry if this was suggested before, I didn't read the whole poll thread.

Pushtrak
12th Feb 2008, 03:24
Part of me says thats a nice idea, but another part of me says no. And on two fronts.
1) The audio would have to be done on the game for them, thats voice acting being paid for that might not be used.
2) If they are there, it'll be to keep us updated on any new info they find. Can hardly cut them off from letting Lara know what they find out.

And I can hardly see them being discarded all too easily. Could be done, I guess, though.

naraku
12th Feb 2008, 03:37
;) Interesting, I don't find either annoying nor pleasant, I do however find them useless. I would like them to be useful. Like if Lara wants a helicopter ride out of somewhere. Zip can get it. I want Zip to for instance stay ala TR Chronicles a half mile away and give her a heads up if baddies have been alerted to her presence. If Lara wants say an off road vehicle he could remote control it to her. Say she could backtrack to him and tell Zip, "Zip hand me a missile Launcher/ RPG Desert Eagle, etc. And why can't Winston get on the line.

rabid metro
12th Feb 2008, 04:45
for an interesting perspective on the headset implemented by CD in TRL we should find a way to hear from the LoKnuts (Legacy of Kain fans) out there. they would be able to tell us if CD likes telling a good story (which would imply that the headsets will feature significantly in tomb raider).

(for balance, Loknuts can refer to TombRaider Obsessed Fan Units as tofu ...)
:cool:

NightRain'06
12th Feb 2008, 07:34
Therefore, my suggestion is that maybe Lara could have the option to turn the headsets off, so people who think that the guys are annoying aren't forced to listen to them! And then she could make a comment about how they were getting annoying :p

I've said that several times before. There should be a toggle on/off for the earphone communicator which we control. That's if they'll go that route instead of the headset. Good idea about her response when they become annoying. My suggestions: "Those annoying buggers / blokes !" Or simply "What buggers !" Wait, is blokes a profanity ? If it is, they should just go with buggers...:D

naraku
12th Feb 2008, 08:19
Bloke is profanity:eek: Someone on this forum called me that:mad2: :(

NightRain'06
12th Feb 2008, 09:02
I'm sorry. I doubt it's a profanity.

Can someone please confirm what "bloke" means before I dig a deeper hole ??

Rai
12th Feb 2008, 11:09
The Word 'bloke' is another word for Man, sometimes when used it might refer to a man we don't know as in this sentence: 'That bloke from down the road' or 'That bloke from Eidos is a bit of alright'. It is not a profanity or meant in a mean way at all. Bloke: Another word for man, guy, lad.

The word buggers, although sometimes said in a friendly way, is a worse expression than blokes. I can't imagine Lara saying either word though. She was brought up to speak proper, she were. :p

K? :D

As for the headset, I don't see it in the screens that are available. But apparently Zip and Alistair are in TRU, just not so upfront. I don't know how it'll be done, maybe she can take it off for some parts where signals are low (like in the underworld?).

I don't mind them, but I thought they were over used in TRL. The occasional helping word is okay, but not the banter.

NightRain'06
13th Feb 2008, 19:36
The Word 'bloke' is another word for Man, sometimes when used it might refer to a man we don't know as in this sentence: 'That bloke from down the road' or 'That bloke from Eidos is a bit of alright'. It is not a profanity or meant in a mean way at all. Bloke: Another word for man, guy, lad.

The word buggers, although sometimes said in a friendly way, is a worse expression than blokes. I can't imagine Lara saying either word though. She was brought up to speak proper, she were. :p

I figured it meant "man" or "guy." Thanks.

In the original TR film, Lara has said "Bugger" when the microwave burned her food. I don't doubt they could borrow that from the film. I mean the word. :lol: Seeing that she's tougher now according to the screenshots.

The characters in spy movies or TV shows like '24' or 'Alias' have used inner ear piece communicators so I think that's what they'll consider doing.

William Croft
16th Feb 2008, 11:42
I figured it meant "man" or "guy." Thanks.

In the original TR film, Lara has said "Bugger" when the microwave burned her food. I don't doubt they could borrow that from the film. I mean the word. :lol: Seeing that she's tougher now according to the screenshots.

The characters in spy movies or TV shows like '24' or 'Alias' have used inner ear piece communicators so I think that's what they'll consider doing.

Ah yes, ''Bugger'' love that word lol! and i think she might have a blue tooth head set or maybe like in Legend they used Ducati and Jeep because they paid for it to be used in Legend. So maybe something like that....