PDA

View Full Version : stuck at lower libraries

siero
11th Feb 2008, 23:08
Hey guys, I have a huge problem!

I'm currently at lower libraries after escaping stone golems. I went to the glyph, opened it, but can't go to the Old Quarters! Garrett keeps running into the door passage like it was a wall... I'm one metre from the portal, and I can't reach it.. It makes the game unplayable, I can't do anything. Please help! Everything went ok so far.

SierO

Gillie
12th Feb 2008, 11:59
Are still stuck there?
Or is there something you might not have done.
You are in the bottom part of the lower library?.

siero
12th Feb 2008, 18:36
Apparently the wall didn't disappear after using the glyph.. It looks like a passage, but there is an invisible wall that Garrett can't go through. What can I do? I fulfilled all the objectives (if I didn't the glyph couldn't be used - I checked it). I don't have any earlier save :/

Gillie
12th Feb 2008, 19:10
I can not figure that out
You finished the objectives in the lowest part of the library?

Did you
*Spoiler*
Go up the ladder into a room

theBlackman
12th Feb 2008, 20:36
Did you "escape" them or destroy them? There is a difference. I also presume that you found and entered Orland's room and completed that task.

As well as the loot requirements.

siero
12th Feb 2008, 22:41
This was just a bug, as I said! Don't You read? ;/ I replayed the game, and this time everything went fine - a message popped put "Do you want to leave the area blablabla"

Thanks for help. :P

theBlackman
13th Feb 2008, 02:58
sometimes the game will cause a particular computer setup to hiccup. This is not in and of itself a "Bug".

If it were, then the problem would occur each and every time you played that particular sequence, which is why the questions were asked, and the "Replay from a save" mentioned.

With no other specifics than that you seemed to be stuck there, no one could offer a "cure" for your Bug.

It is now obvious that it was your system hiccup and not a game BUG.

Glad you got out and can continue. Good luck!

theBlackman
14th Feb 2008, 20:30
I could add this to the previous post with an edit, but it is important enough to share.

MrWynd has a collection of "saved games" that may be of use to others who break the game or have a similar "hiccup".

http://web.archive.org/web/20060528211713/http://www.the-neighborhood.com/thief-3-savegames.htm

You can use the pre-saved games to continue, or replay a mission if you have no saves that work.