PDA

View Full Version : DX 3 interactivity

Blade_hunter
11th Feb 2008, 22:28
This is the most difficult part of the game and the most usefull too :)
DX 1 have one of the most advanced interactivity for an FPS game or some RPG 's too.
For this DX it's important to have an advanced interactivity
the interactivity with NPC's or objects cannot be only an usefull interactivity for exemple
You enter in a bar, you saw a pinball table, and in the game you can play with it, you saw a billard table and some cues you can play some cue sports.
changes jukeboxes music.

Mini videogames like games in video game consoles (prtative or not :D) (only litle games of course)
throwing some objects and your guns.
making traps, close some ways using nails and wood boards, moving iron bars
using enhanced physics
interract with vending machines choose the item you want, hack them
rob NPC's, trade with them of couse, speak only ....
using a computer with a sort of a simplified OS
you can use an MP3 and CD portative devices, eat some food like fruits, and some products with fictionnal trade marks like the Montybites, Funnycola, Chochoney, and other stuff ...

We can imagine evrything ... :D
the problems was the possibilities and the gameplay ....

Lo Bruto
11th Feb 2008, 23:07
Man, when you suggest something... you come up with hundred ideas :nut:

Nice topic.
But whats the deal with an agent using a MP3 player?

Frog
12th Feb 2008, 04:15
Hacking, using terminals, keycodes should all be interactive.

Modding weapons, augs/biomods, skills, ammo, and inventory should all be detailed and the player have control over them.

Avatar's appearance should change based on outfts/weapons that you equip.

Damage should be location-based again like the 1st game.

There HAS to be multiple endings that REQUIRE multiple plays(not just one save at the end) to see.

DXeXodus
12th Feb 2008, 04:27
Interactivity is an element which plays an essential role in adding to the overall realism of the game. It also, if done correctly, can make the game feel more complete. It will also show us that the developers actually care about us and have spared nothing in giving us the finest product that they can.

I think that several elements could enhance interactivity. Lets see:

- Computer systems and screens should seem real. Games like Doom3 Quake 4 and Prey did this quite well. When you get close enough to interact with one your crosshair changes to a pointing device on the screen. Also, The computer panels with the tilt-open front in the original DX was way better than the 'holographic' curvy thing in DX2.

- Items such as grenades and ammo clips should be worn by enemies (or friends - depending on how bad a person you are) as they would in real life. It should be on a belt of sorts and not in some inpenetrable steel box inside their bodies. Pick-pocketing should be a possibilty.

- The guns (As mentioned in my thread on weapon suggestions) should have clip and ammo count screens and the ugrades you make to them should be visible upon installing them.

- As in the first game there should be thousands of info terminals, datacubes, random photos and schematics of creatures and weapons, quirky e-mails between people and side conversations which you can overhear to add depth to your experience.

- All objects in the game should be usable (well atleast most of them should). One should be able to pick up almost everything. Maybe a simple thing like a brick could be dropped off a roof to kill an unsuspecting enemy below. The world should respond (asmuch as is feasible) as it would in real life.

- One should be able to blast through a regular wall with a GEP gun/rocket launcher because if you walk up to the front of your house and let off a a rocket at the wall I can guarantee you there will be a sizable hole there.

Deus Ex 1 wasn't perfect, but it was and still is leaps and bounds ahead of it's competition with regards to interactivity and sheer volume of things you can do/see/explore/read etc.

Well thats my two cents worth... will post more if I think of anything.

Red
12th Feb 2008, 09:19
But whats the deal with an agent using a MP3 player?

Actually... That would be a clever excuse of importing your own music into the game! :D And other sounds in the game would be turned down for the sake of "realism" and immersion.

Something like the "MP3" radio station in GTA series. :thumbsup:

I personally wouldn't use the MP3 player, but hey, it'd be fun to have such an easter egg. :)

Lo Bruto
12th Feb 2008, 16:17
I see.
But why would your listen to your playlist in a game like Deus Ex? Don't make any sense for me. :scratch:
Well, some people actually like to listen their music playing games... and them complain about the soundtrack.

Blade_hunter
12th Feb 2008, 18:54
You can use the MP3 player or other computerized devices if we have it in the game or your own nanotech system
if you find some data in a compter to transfeer to an other, you can made something, for a corporation or yourself to achieve a mission, an objective or made some changes on the scenario in the game. this will depends of your data type and the usage of it. we can push the useless usage of this device to an usefull.
We can imagine a situation you knock a technician of versalife (The technician was outside the building ans smoke a cig) Aou drop all of your equipement (conserve one and some ammo with some items in your toolbox) and you have your MP3 player on you and the guards will talk to you because you don't look like as the habitual employee (You choose a quote and you can enter in the versalife building)
you must retrive some important data but you can't use your info link inside the building.
You go in knoking, killing silently, or avoid some guards and personel. and retrive the precious data. When you go back they detect an unautorized is entered in a restricted room and call some guards to arrest you. In this situation you have some choices to escape alive and accomplish your objective.
You can try to find an armory to get weapons and kill all resitance, avoid the personel neutralize only some ennemies, use the full stealth you can use
or make some traps and leave quickly the building Find a computer and send your information over the network, use your com interface or give directly your data.
This is only an exemple if you want use a covered approach.
I you want you can kill the outdoor guards, hack the keypads, sound the alarm and kill or trap the guards comming to find the problem or try to kill or arrest you if they know someone is the responsible of this act. and they reactions depends if you represents a serious or minor threat of course

For the desguise option i don't know if the idea was good but if you find some inconvenients like the invetory size and protection, this can change somthing or it will be bad for the gameplay (Deus ex isn't hitman)
you can use the same technics with your own suit and conserve some original gameplay

MattMan
16th Feb 2008, 03:50
i thnk pickpocket would be kind of silly i mean, these guys have guns and if they catch u trying to take there grenades off there belt theyll shoot u in the head

JoeGreensKiller
19th Feb 2008, 16:33
Id like to see they everyday items used as weapons if need be. I tried killing one of the park thugs, mugging the bum with the basketball...did'nt go as planned lol

Tracer Tong
20th Feb 2008, 18:17
Two things:
-All of you RPGers must remember this is also an FPS, not Morrowind/Oblivion or something...
-Too bad the devs aren't listening to some of the better suggestions I've heard in these forums (yes, I'm complimenting this thread, you have awesome ideas)

Angel/0A
20th Feb 2008, 20:54
-Too bad the devs aren't listening to some of the better suggestions I've heard in these forums (yes, I'm complimenting this thread, you have awesome ideas)
Uh, do we know for a fact that they haven't already perhaps come up with some of these ideas and considered/evaluated them?

Blade_hunter
20th Feb 2008, 23:26
I don't know but I will propose more

-Use animals in the game like a dog or a parrot for specific stuff and fun;
play with them too or if the dogs are ennemies we can toss a piece of meat to distract them. :D

-Use more different ways to restore our health or our bioenergy than the existing ways in DX 1 and 2

-Maybe use vehicles

I don't know if it looks good but it can give some strategy ...

Lo Bruto
20th Feb 2008, 23:47
I think vehicles would be acceptable only if the game come with HUGE areas to explore, otherwise it would be dumb to drive something... :p

And a parrot for fun? I love your ideas, guys...
What about the dystopian setting of DX? :scratch:

rokstrombo
21st Feb 2008, 04:54
IMO when most games try to be too interactive, they end up introducing gimmicks. I personally don't care about playing some ****ty first person shooter version of pool, or driving a vehicle through one sparsely detailed level. I would prefer that the developers not waste the time they have on little things that don't add much depth to the game.

With regards to first person shooters, we have seen little ideas like these for a long time. Personally, I don't find them entertaining or memorable at all anymore. There are only so many ways you can dress up the same game over and over. Developers are pushed hard enough as it is.

Deus Ex is already extremely interactive. Most of the interactivity is related to the gameplay, as well it should be. If the developers could add some new features to improve it, that would be great. But there is already plenty there to base a new game on. I would prefer that the developers focus on the storyline and perfecting existing features, rather than selling a few extra polygons or lighting effects to game sites.

I like DXeXodus and frog's suggestions, however. I will add a couple of my own:

- A first person view similar to Hitman Blood Money, where the third person models and animations are the same. This would add consistency to the cut scenes.
- A good pistol with a higher rate of fire. We have better pistols now than what you can get in 2060!

jordan_a
21st Feb 2008, 09:37
Throwing the player's gun :thumbsup:

Blade_hunter
21st Feb 2008, 19:50
The parrot is only a crazy idea :lmao:

For the vehicles, I think the same as you Lo bruto, and in some areas the vehicles are unusable, i prefer the exploration on foot, but the vehicles like some cars, hoverboards, trucks, bus it depends of the game universe, and the locations too.

A special vehicle for our character, can add some fun if the game have vehicles, we can customize it if we have a special vehicle.

RiscOS
21st Feb 2008, 21:48
Having to remember the door codes and enter them every time you went through the door was good, and being able to use the Num pad to do it.

Blade_hunter
14th Mar 2008, 21:02
Use TV's, Radio's, Phones (with more options I loved the part when JC speak to the AI :D) chairs, beds, carry read the papers datacubes books, Plug/unplug some electrical objects in a outlets, use some buttons, electrical breakers, different kind of cams, it gives more challenge, reflexion and choices for infiltration

c37579
27th Mar 2008, 20:48
Having to remember the door codes and enter them every time you went through the door was good, and being able to use the Num pad to do it.

seconded, please do this again!

also a small idea for a bit of fun, add in a working rubix cube, that would be crazy, and playing cards! all seperate, so if you knock them onto the floor they fall in a pile, could be used as a distraction/annoyance to NPC's :D

just everything you can think of (to a reasonable limit) should be interactive in the game, or at least everything present

m72
28th Mar 2008, 07:46
What about you can use the environment to kill someone ,Rid**** and Condemned style.

Vasarto
2nd Apr 2008, 21:39
I think the way you should interact should be a vast improvment apon what was in deus ex 1.

Giving at least 5 diffarant options of what you say to people in EVERY conversation. Depending on what you say and do will determin how missions
go about. How people react and think about you and How You'r characters Voice actions and personality will alter throughout the story and even maybe impact the quests you CAN do and how the endings will be like.

Voltaire
22nd Apr 2008, 21:08
The stuff that makes a game special are, in my opinion, the small things. The idea of playing cards was mentioned before... wow! If I had gone into a barracks and found the equivalent of 4 MJ12 troops playing poker (not strip poker... definitely not strip poker), it would have given it a whole new level.

[As it was, the first game tried this: occasionally you'd find a few troops sitting stiffly on leather couches, still clutching sniper rifles to their chests whilst casually chatting. That cracked me up.]

But yeah. Little things! Anyone here played Return to Castle Wolfenstein? In the wintry outdoor missions, you could see the breath of the sentries and guards condensing in front of them. That was amazing the first time I saw that happen!

Reading newspapers that talked about how I was on the run was kinda cool as well. There was so much stuff lying around on DX1, I doubt anyone has really read all of it in one playthrough. I got out of the habit of reading public access screens, but when I did check one in Paris, there was a huge threatening spiel from Icarus! :eek:

Seriously though. The more interactivity, the better, IMO

Blade_hunter
26th May 2008, 15:54
I have an idea about a form of extended interactivity for an item and keep as possible the fact we have a quick action with the wanted item. I think I have proposed something like this but I've not explain the idea itself... I think the idea is new because no game propose this thing.
The main problem is the technical difficulties and the physics.

How to make different kind of actions with a single item on your front ?

I think we must use a system that can "separate" some different parts of an item and if we look at this part it can make the specific action.

An example with a Barrel and a Jerrycan.
We want to put the gasoline from the Jerrycan to the Barrel, with a single action button, I think it's feasible.

We have on the ground the two items.
First we must open the barrel, with my system the barrel has two parts, the body and the little cap. If we look to the body of the barrel, the action is take the barrel, if we look to the cap the action is unplug the cap.
Now we look to the barrel's cap and press to the action button, we unplug the cap form the barrel. The cap is on our hand, we can put it on the ground or upside the barrel or put it on our inventory (it's act like we put an object on our pocket)
The barrel is now open and the cap is around.
Now we look the the Jerrycan, the Jerrycan unlike the barrel is a transportable item, it can be added on our inventory. The jerrycan can be opened on our hand and on the ground.
If we look to the Jerrycan's cap it can be unplugged like the barrel. On our hand it's the firemod buttons that makes the action. like plug / unplug and the other actions.
When the jerrycan is unplugged the jerrycan's cap have the same options as the barrels cap...
If the jerrycan is on the ground we must take it to continue the maneuver. if it's on the hand we can pursue immediately the action.
The jerrycan is on the hand and we look to the barrel's orifice and with the action button we put the gasoline on the barrel !
When the Jerrycan is depleted we put the cap on the barrel and our barrel is now an explosive barrel !! Unlike DX 1 this barrel must take some shots before it explode, but if we use several Jerrycans to fill the barrel the explosion is more important !

This kind of action can be used to put poison on bottles, etc ...

We can use this like a step by step action and a localized action. It can be easy to use and makes the actions quickly of course the action is displayed on screen. I think it's good to see what can we do with an item on the ground.
I can propose a lot of actions with simple items like a chair, a desk lamp etc ...

mad_red
26th May 2008, 18:05
I'd like to see items like jerrycans, barrels, playing cards, etc. become more interactive. But it's not really on top of my list because the mechanic won't see much use. But hey, the more the merrier!

What I WOULD like is to knock around some pool, play simplified pinball and console games, etc. Some games have cool minigames, like space quest (astro chicken), might and magic (arcomage), and electrocop on the old lynx hand-held (asteroids).

Slightly destructible enviroment would be cool. Realistic enemy behaviour would be awesome! Guards that react to animals that react to you. Guards that notice your shadow and footsteps. NPC that notice the gep gun and flamethrower slung over your back, etc. (No matter how oppressed, kids will always beg for a chance to shoot those).

Also, I'd like to see networked computers, with higher hacking skill will allowing you to access remote computers.

Fun random stuff could happen with TV's telephones too! Or maybe even making fake 911 calls or a bomb threat as a distraction, or calling in police reinforcements. Although that's a bit gimmicky.

Also, a real street plan and addresses

rhalibus
27th May 2008, 00:29
A lot have people have posted great ideas, but I'd be happy with the standard set of options available in the original Deus Ex...many things people have mentioned you can actually do in DX and DX:IW--you can throw an object to distract a guard in DX:IW, for example (You just couldn't throw it that far 'cause the levels were so small :))...

jcp28
27th May 2008, 02:25
Minigames should definitely be included, so long as they don't becoem detracting in theri cheesiness.:)

DXeXodus
27th May 2008, 05:46
Minigames should definitely be included, so long as they don't becoem detracting in theri cheesiness.:)

And they mustn't only have one minigame which you have to repeat hundreds of times as this just gets mind numbingly tedious (look at lock-picking in Oblivion)

Blade_hunter
27th May 2008, 18:08
I don't think he wants minigames for these tasks, I think he wants minigames like an interaction option like playing to a console or something like this.
For lockpicking what you want to do for a lockpick , the same as DX 1 ? something like DX 2 these are similar but the effect end the conditions aren't the same

For me if we use a system close to DX series I only want to see our lockpicking device used mechanically (put the device on the lock hole) not an energy emitting to the lock.
I think some doors uses the key ring like the previous DX, but for the rest I wanted to see key cards, normal keys, magnetic keys, key pads, hybrid locks (key pad with key card for example) etc... I think some different kind of keys represents more our world and the manner to hack them were different and it can show us the "security level" of a door by the kind of a lock and the lock form.

for the key pads and other electronic devices it can be an electronic card or something like this, eventually a "yescard", or other things.

I'm not against minigames for lockpicking, but I agree for the fact it's not realistic, perhaps the method from some infitration games can be the best thing ...

rhalibus
28th May 2008, 08:43
Okay, here's my idea for lockpicking:

The player approaches a door. It is locked.

The player then uses a device that displays a small x-ray window of the internal door mechanism (much like the DX "night vision" window), including a schematic of the type and difficulty of lock encountered. This happens all in free movement; the player must use the x-ray device to "find" the mechanism in the door by moving his vision around.

The player then uses a limited number of nano-wave packets at designated points in the x-ray window to "unlock" each pin. Each pin takes a number of nano-wave packets, which are the equivalent of DX-style "lockpicks".

The lockpicking skill can be upgraded by having to use fewer packets per pin.

I'm including mock-up shot of the x-ray lockpick in action; notice that the player can still move around until the center of the screen is over each lock pin.

The main idea is that the player never exits the immersion of freedom of movement: he or she must search for the lock mechanism. When the player locates the mechanism the x-ray scanner takes over, analyzes the lock, and then displays the packets needed per pin.

This wouldn't be a mini-game as much as an actual simplified simulation of manipulating a lock.

There would be many different types of locks encountered; some with more pins, some electronic. The fun would be in discovering each one...

Feedback? :)

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/8183/deusexlockpickexamplera1.jpg

DXeXodus
28th May 2008, 08:58
I like your idea for this as it doesnt make it too complicated, but adds a certain dynamic to the game. I didn't like how in DX1 you just walk up to a door and start using the lock pick in mid-air. And I definitely didnt like it in DX2 when lockpicking and electonic bypass was done with one tool. Bring lockpicks back again, but, as rhalibus says, make it a bit more dynamic.

Nice pic BTW ;)

Fen
28th May 2008, 12:23
Okay, here's my idea for lockpicking:

The player approaches a door. It is locked.

The player then uses a device that displays a small x-ray window of the internal door mechanism (much like the DX "night vision" window), including a schematic of the type and difficulty of lock encountered. This happens all in free movement; the player must use the x-ray device to "find" the mechanism in the door by moving his vision around.

The player then uses a limited number of nano-wave packets at designated points in the x-ray window to "unlock" each pin. Each pin takes a number of nano-wave packets, which are the equivalent of DX-style "lockpicks".

The lockpicking skill can be upgraded by having to use fewer packets per pin.

I'm including mock-up shot of the x-ray lockpick in action; notice that the player can still move around until the center of the screen is over each lock pin.

The main idea is that the player never exits the immersion of freedom of movement: he or she must search for the lock mechanism. When the player locates the mechanism the x-ray scanner takes over, analyzes the lock, and then displays the packets needed per pin.

This wouldn't be a mini-game as much as an actual simplified simulation of manipulating a lock.

There would be many different types of locks encountered; some with more pins, some electronic. The fun would be in discovering each one...

Feedback? :)

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/8183/deusexlockpickexamplera1.jpg

Wow, that is brilliant. Thats the type of things we need in Dues ex. Minigames that are not hard or require any sort of skill, and are definately not time consuming affairs. But something that makes the extra interactions (hacking, lockpicking etc) a little more immersive.

gamer0004
28th May 2008, 14:05
Very nice, but most locks should only have like 1 pin. Perhaps that not very realistic, but I wouldn't want to open like 200 doors by lockpicking 4 pins a door.

serene_chaos
28th May 2008, 14:09
I really like that image. it almost seems as if lockpicking becomes something that you can to on the fly, without having to stop and wait as in 1 and 2
:thumbsup:

minus0ne
28th May 2008, 18:21
I love that idea, however it could use a little more interactivity imo. Wary as I am of mini-games, I *LOVE* Thief's lockpicking, whereas I despire Oblivion's approach (which is pointless). It's quick and easy yet doesn't get old but actually remains suspenseful due to the time limit imposed by patrolling guards and the progressively complicated locks you encounter.

Perhaps instead of a "flat plane" this mini-game could utilize a three dimensional view, with circular pins enabling DX3 to emulate Thief's lockpicking. I'm afraid I'm not as good at conveying this suggestion through PhotoShop as rhalibus though :p

edit@rhalibus; yeah I meant both. Awesome idea, here's hoping the devs will pick up on it.

rhalibus
28th May 2008, 19:23
Circular pins would be cool--why not have both? The main concept is unlocking pins in real game time; but the locks could be in different shapes and types, and you'd have to discover each one--giving you, IMHO, a more satisfying feeling that you discovered, analyzed, and successfully picked an actual lock.

Blade_hunter
28th May 2008, 21:54
I think the idea of rhalibus is very interesting because it makes the lockpicking like a minigame but closer to the reality in some forms and looks simple to use.

I think for the analysis and the form of the lock when we have mechanical locks can show us the difficulty to unlock the door.
some locks are easier to unlock than others. I think make 4 - 8 kind of mechanical locks can be amazing graphically and can justify the fact we can see like the first game the lockpicking difficulty only by looking for the door.
The X-ray view is an interesting form to see if the lock is unlocked or not, but the only inconvenient is we must have an X-ray device and the tools for lockpicking.
But I think the idea must be explored and maybe bettered of course, this system sounds right in some facts.
I wanted to see the thief lockpicking system we can compare I never play to this game ...
System shock has a lockpicking system that uses nanites but it sounds unrealistic for me

FrankCSIS
29th May 2008, 14:48
Rhalibus's great idea is very much old school adventure gaming with a more polished approach. I'm reminded, yet again, of the Tex Murphy series I mentioned in another thread that had a significant amount of in-game puzzle games inserted to solve situations.

In the third game, you get attacked from behind and someone inserts an implant in your neck. When you find out what happened and that the implant will kill you, much like the killswitch in DX it becomes a race against the clock to get rid of it. When you find the lab and the machine to remove it, you actually have to destroy it yourself, in a mini-game, and not just by reaching a certain point or pressing a button like Deus Ex. In the second game, you had 7 locked boxes to open that each had their own logic. At one point in the second game, to trace someone you had to keep the conversation going on the phone long enough to locate him. Many security systems had to be hacked but they were all done in a different way, sometimes with technology, sometimes the old fashion way. The funniest and most clever way to get by a security camera was in the third game, Overseer, where you use a brochure depicting the very same room you're trying to get in and put it right in front of the camera that covers that angle.

There are always solutions and alternatives to simple locked doors that don't have to be boring or repetitive without demanding too much from the devs. In my opinion, it's very much pointless to lock a door if all you need is a lockpick to open it. Why bother in the first place? Less locks and systems, but more clever ways to get by them.

mad_red
29th May 2008, 15:04
I like Fen's idea. Wielding a lockpick switches on the x-ray vision automatically, and the x-ray could overlay on . (Dunno whether it's built into your eyes, into the lockpick, or just an unexplained gimmick.)

In stealth play, I'd often had to break off a badly prepared lockpicking attempt because of approaching enemies, wasting valuable lockingpicks and tools. So IMO, keeping the one-view continuity is a must!

Fen
29th May 2008, 17:51
I like Fen's idea. Wielding a lockpick switches on the x-ray vision automatically, and the x-ray could overlay on . (Dunno whether it's built into your eyes, into the lockpick, or just an unexplained gimmick.)

In stealth play, I'd often had to break off a badly prepared lockpicking attempt because of approaching enemies, wasting valuable lockingpicks and tools. So IMO, keeping the one-view continuity is a must!

Rhalibus's idea. Not mine. :o

HouseOfPain
29th May 2008, 18:02
Im all for interactivity as long as we have some sort of "Small Metal Crate" :D :D

Blade_hunter
29th May 2008, 21:19
The interactivity must be extended the most as possible, but I think like some posters around here, we may propose ideas for the game, Deus ex is in some parts an adventure game, we have to solve some problems. like to try to find the secret passage to avoid the use of a multitool, find a nano key, an secret button, or an alternate way.
I think it's good to have some elements to activate before making a final task like the boat in the shipyard we must use our explosives and activate the pumps and reverse the flow to destroy the ship.
Using circuit breakers, buttons, generators because some buildings have alternate generators if the main power supply fails.
The interactivity with a computer is too simple they looks always on and never make noises. all computers makes noises and in the future I think they make little noises but only little.
To use a computer we must put it on if the computer weren't in use, wait a little and perhaps it need a code to be usable or not if the computer were on.
I want to see the NPC's playing with a console with they're friends and more things like this.
In DX series I loved to see the NPC's making discussions with other NPC's.
In DX 1 sometimes I wanted to sound the alarm but I can't do this we have only one option is to disable the alarm with a multitool...
I wanted to see some fire alarm system it can be used to make a diversion, it can make more sense to get an axe nearby too.
Some doors can be linked to an alarm. Motion sensors, Window breaking sensors (That can make a more useful use for a glass destabilizer ammo).
Ok it's not an infiltration game, but some infitration, as some FPS, as some adventure and some RPG parts must be extended, add an other gametype part can add some fresh new to the game and enrich it.
The game like the first game must presents each parts as extended as possible and keep the fact we can use different tactics.
I say it in numerous posts.

I think the gameplay part is very very important. And we must innovate on it. Perhaps most of my ideas or ideas for the game can be sewed in other games, but no games combine all of them and make a perfect combination of them.
The first game is the best example of an hybrid gameplay. And now the technicals allows more things than old games.

jcp28
30th May 2008, 02:40
Rhalibua makes a great suggestion like everybody else has said. Eidos Montreal should really put there hands together and think up some similar minigames that can be incorporated into the world in the fashion and in the place he mentioned.

mad_red
31st May 2008, 14:18
Rhalibus's idea. Not mine. :o

OOPS! :scratch: Sorry guys!!

Blade_hunter
31st May 2008, 22:03
I never know if something like this were proposed on a game.
The the feeling the fact we can know if we touch or we are close to a wall., if an object have pikes we can feel it.
To simulate this thing we can use a close thing as the damages localization, but with different colors.
If a ball is falling down and goes on your head you can feel it by an indicator.
A simple touch can be on green color.
An hot surface can be on yellow or orange when the heat is acceptable
If something hurts you but you don't lose heath like a ranged flashball or a little rock the color is grey.
If you sense some electrostatic discharges the indicator becomes purple.
If we feel some liquids the indicator becomes blue
When you take a damage the indicator is red
If we are poisoned the vision can change depends on the poison effects.

On the damage indicator we can see the different natures of the damages feelings

Anxoius FAN
14th Jun 2008, 10:44
one part of DX 1 People are forgetting about is the key ring. personally i loved the key ring and nano keys that went with it. it was always a pleasure to explore a bit more to find a key to a door that otherwise has to be picked or blown up, blowing up doors was also very fun. one problem in the DX1, if you were running away from an enemy and went through a door and locked it behind you he would still come in and the door would stay "LOCKED". i would love to see the lock strength and door strength put to as good use as in DX1.:mad2:

Blade_hunter
15th Jun 2008, 02:01
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?p=756473#post756473

I talked about it because I suppose it stay on the game
But I don't know if we can use dome nanites to lockpick a door and use the key ring as an other lockpick device...