PDA

View Full Version : [Graphics] Lower Graphic on PC?

Filben
11th Feb 2008, 19:39
Hello everyone,

I have a question and I hope it might be answered :)

I noticed that the graphic quality of TR Legend on PC is lower than on the Xbox 360. Okay, you can turn on the NextGen-Content in the PC Version. But so you do that you can't still see any mud or dirt on Lara as without NextGen-Content.
On the 360 you have the NG-graphics plus dirt effects on Lara. You can also notice better water effects on her face and body if she's in the water or came out from it shortly.

This circumstance gets me angry because other systems are preferred.
So my questions is if there will be the same circumstance in TR Underworld?
Are consoles still preferred, by the graphical part, than the PC Version?

Captain Mazda
12th Feb 2008, 00:11
Those are called bugs actually. Why CD chose not to fix them is beyond me.

It is a fact that gaming PCs are graphically superior to consoles, not to consider the fact that each and every console game is built on a computer.

Hopefully CD will take their time to make sure such visual imperfections are a thing of the past. I know I'm being picky, but this is Tomb Raider we're talking about ;)

LaraLara
12th Feb 2008, 02:57
Those are called bugs actually. Why CD chose not to fix them is beyond me.

Captain, what bugs are you referring to? :scratch:

Captain Mazda
12th Feb 2008, 05:14
Mud/wet effects no longer appearing on Lara in next-gen mode.

Joshorty
14th Feb 2008, 06:34
AS in the Underworld game or Legend? 'cause I could have sworn reading that Lara gets wet and dirty in next-gen this time :(

She didn't in Legend next-gen..

And yeah darn I hope this time they won't have to force you in installing for both graphic gens 'cause it takes a whole lot of space...

Chadster
14th Feb 2008, 19:37
PC will always be a Tomb Raider platform, as they base all of the consoles on the PC version (which I think they make first too).

So yes, Underworld will definitely be on pc with the same - and perhaps better -NG content than the consoles.

Captain Mazda
14th Feb 2008, 22:26
AS in the Underworld game or Legend? 'cause I could have sworn reading that Lara gets wet and dirty in next-gen this time :(

I was referring to Legend.