PDA

View Full Version : 3 months - no patch - disgraceful

Pages : [1] 2

NovaBlack
11th Feb 2008, 13:26
well... 3 months on and still no patch to fix the amazingly shortsighted faults in the pc version of the game (ok so 2 months 3 weeks to be pedantic)

so whats the story.. are we actually getting one or not , i dont like being lied to. 3 months is an utter disgrace, and before everyone starts saying 'patches take time etc etc', all i can say is , if every other publisher/developer out there can release patches in a reasonable timeframe (usually a month) why cant these devs.

its an absolute joke that after this amount of time i still have ALL the problems i had on day one. so this is how i feel, as a customer, .... absolutely of no worth whatsoever. Sorry its true. Not a single one of the pc issues (e.g. no dedicated servers, splitscreen only coop, 360 controller needed.... LOTS of random crashes) are any different from day one.

I know companies that have released software and had a patch ready on release day. so dont tell me it cant be done. The truth (i suspect) is that there is absolutely no interest in releasing a patch to fix these issues after the crap reviews the game (quite rightly ) got. Why throw more cash down the black hole of despair that is kane and lynch. It feels to me, as a consumer, that ive had my money taken, for a product completely not as described, and been ripped off. Sorry, but if this was anything else, e.g. a car, an electrical appliance etc, with this many faults, then im sorry i'd have you in court for my cash back. But of course you know that software isnt treated the same. especially games. I have a feeling people knew a few months before release the game was going to be half finished, but thought what the hey, lets hype it up, n recover as much fast cash as we can.

What id like though is someone to step up and simply apologise. Thats all i want. a simple apology, for knowingly releasing the game in a shoddy state, and for spending 3+ months on a patch (if it ever actually appears).

Potentialkilla
11th Feb 2008, 20:38
absolutely well put i think you've got it in one there about the game wasn't ready but they thought they would relese it anyway to get as much cash raked i as possible. AND WHERE THE HELL IS THIS PATCH THEN OBVIOUSLY EIDOS ARE OPING TO FORGET ABOUT THIS AND FOR EVRYONE TO MOVE ON.
:mad:

spyglass
11th Feb 2008, 21:14
well put NovaBlack, i have thought of makign ym own thread on these disgraceful devs who think its alright to delay there patch, but i couldnt be bothered.....now like NovaBlack & Potentialkilla plus all the other owners of this game who cant be bothered either to post on these forums, get the god damn patch released NOW!

cls81
12th Feb 2008, 07:46
Patches dont make money they cost money. And k&l2 is on the way so why bother fixing a broken game? Games are being rushed, what is the average bug count on a game these days? Alot.

And as i said before, enjoy my money.

spyglass
12th Feb 2008, 15:22
whats the point in making k&l2 while every1 knows they couldnt be bothered to fix k&l? no1 will buy k&l2 if they know they cant fix it.....

NovaBlack
13th Feb 2008, 18:04
cheers for the support guys. Sorry if i seem a bit overboard, bit i really cant describe how mad i am:mad2:

Still no official response i see...

I really think somebody at Eidos needs to pull their finger out and at least demonstrate a little bit of good PR.

i mean like i said, any other product (car/appliance) in any other area of our lives we'd demand our cash back, and i know games have bugs, i accept bugs as standard. These arent bugs, they are more like Huge giant man eating insect size bugs. Fundamental flaws/misrepresentations.

NOWHERE did it say on my packaging i needed a 360 controller. and NOTHING has been done to even fix this simple issue (putting aside all the rest) and im not going to have anybody tell me that even at very least, just adding multi controller support is far to time consuming.

As far as i see it yeah patches cost money. But they can use the money WE PAID THEM for the game in the first place.

Come on Eidos , we just want a formal apology. Is that too much to give to customers (some who have been very loyal to the eidos name for years till this)

cls81
13th Feb 2008, 21:12
Im going to get banned but so what.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/151964.html

spyglass
13th Feb 2008, 22:53
i wouldnt see why u would get banned for that...

Kent-45
18th Feb 2008, 16:29
That video is in reference to Jeff Gerstman, a former reviewer for Gamespot who was fired shortly after his negative review of Kane & Lynch. He basically addressed all the fundamental problems with Kane & Lynch and really summed it up for what it is... a good idea poorly executed.

Anyway rumor has it that Eidos threatened to pull their advertising from Gamespot because of the review, which somewhere it has them quoted as saying it was "unprofessional" because Gerstman called the game "ugly" - and you know what? Eidos was perfectly in their rights. If they don't like how a site is doing something with regard to their product, they have every right to pull their advertising. That's just business people. I place the blame squarely in Gamespot's lap here - they CHOSE to fire Jeff over this, when they could have just told Eidos to take their money elsewhere. It really shows that Gamespot has no backbone here, and I think it's indicative of a growing trend with big-name game sites.

I just want to go on record and say that I think game reviewing is a big business and that integrity is the most important aspect. I get most of my reviews from PC Gamer, simply because they came out and said - we don't care if we lose a lot of money because advertisers pull out after we trash a crappy game, we're gonna review the game as it is, no ifs ands or buts.

Apparently Gamespot didn't have the balls to do that. The whole site has been going downhill anyway. Good riddance, I hope Jeff Gerstman gets a job somewhere else where he can speak his mind without fear of being fired for telling the truth.

NovaBlack
19th Feb 2008, 15:24
wow.. over a week and no response..

still waiting for just an apology. not asking for much. :mad2:

Kent-45
19th Feb 2008, 15:46
I'm afraid these forums are as dead as the List Play servers.

NovaBlack
20th Feb 2008, 17:17
*sigh* dont know what i expected really..

i mean we were promised a patch.. and it never turned up. Just like half the features didnt turn up in the retail box when i bought it.

Oh well .. guess i was wrong that eidos could regain that final shred of decency in my eyes. And ll i wanted was the word 'sorry'. well if you cant give me 5 letters, i cant give you my business in future.

Kent-45
20th Feb 2008, 17:42
To be honest, I really don't expect any updates or new content with Kane & Lynch... I think they are devoting all their efforts to Kane & Lynch 2 at this point.

You're right, it is a shame... Eidos has always made pretty buggy games. Every hitman game has had em, Kane & Lynch is no different. Kane & Lynch does run pretty smoothly on my system though, I have had only about 1 crash and several more disconnects.

dunno what to tell ya.

dirtyCAT79
20th Feb 2008, 21:54
I am running on xbox so not suffering from massive issues, but reading this and seeing the lack of support from the developers or anyone is utterly disgusting.

I for one am going to be very very wary of anything that comes out of Eidos in the future. I was prepared to give K&L a shot... and i really do enjoy the multiplayer, but seeing the lack of after sales support and they way they have treated the community is a real eye opener and even though i enjoyed the game i didn't enjoy it THAT much to lap up any other trash that they produce.

Zacker
21st Feb 2008, 11:27
The patch is taking longer than expected but it is on it's way.

NovaBlack
21st Feb 2008, 14:51

thanks for the update, but please understand why some of us take that sceptically. (dont want to sound like an ass , i know personally its not your fault, dealing with flack for a company can be frustrating, and do genuinely appreciate the reply)

I mean we have heard that line for 3 months now.... and still no firm news. could you (if possible) gather any of the following facts?

A) any idea of when ? i mean surely eidos can say oh itl be here in 2-4 weeks etc... unless of course it doesnt really have many people working on it, in which case it may never appear.

B) wether a fix is in place for the none-sensical 360 controller issue

c) whether lan will be implemented for pc

still looking for the 'S' word too.

Thanks

Kent-45
21st Feb 2008, 17:49
Please dear sweet baby jesus say we're getting some new Fragile Alliance maps....

I can dream can't I?

Rick_D
22nd Feb 2008, 04:02
I thought I'd drop back and I am surprised to see that there has been no patch?!

I think it's **** to blame the developers for a lack of a patch - blame Eidos for pushing out the game too soon, not giving IOI enough time to finish the game properly and who knows what else they did to ruin the game during development..
IOI have released some fantastic games, and I don't really believe K&L should be held against them, as it's likely there were outside issues.

The thing is - nobody at Eidos cares, I doubt they have anyone involved in improtant decisions reading these forums, let alone these types of threads. You might as well email them directly and complain - either that or take it up with a commercial agency and bring charges of false advertising or fraud against eidos for selling a game they knew to be faulty.
After all, would you buy a washing machine, only to have it work 20% of the time, if at all, and to spill water all over the floor - with the promise that the manufacturer would send a mechanic round "in the next 4 months" ?
So why put up with that crap when it comes to video games - they are a product and they're making someone at Eidos a hell of a lot of money.

Zacker
22nd Feb 2008, 13:43
Please dear sweet baby jesus say we're getting some new Fragile Alliance maps....

I can dream can't I?

You will soon see that dream come true:)

Kent-45
22nd Feb 2008, 16:23
Zacker... I think I love you.... and I'm saying that in the straightest way possible.

Headeater
22nd Feb 2008, 17:16
i hope the patch also solves the crash in the bank (when you go back to lynch) not that many people seem to be having this problem. but there are some nonetheless. (always exact same circumstances, crash is always in the same spot, otherwise game runs fine)

i hope they don't overlook it.

still looking for a savegame (at least to level 4) made without windows live stuff on pc, so i can keep playing from level 4. i'd really like to continue playing

anyone?

Jaydam
23rd Feb 2008, 19:46
All due respect zacker but here is a reference to you saying this in December last year.

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=74015

Any chance of being a little more definitive? or are we just to keep listening to the same old waffle?

NovaBlack
24th Feb 2008, 11:16
All due respect zacker but here is a reference to you saying this in December last year.

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=74015

Any chance of being a little more definitive? or are we just to keep listening to the same old waffle?

my point exactly..

still no apology i see either. is it really that hard? not great PR when community relations cant even simply apologise.

Jaydam
24th Feb 2008, 21:29
an apology wont get the game fixed...

Apologies are fruitless without doing something about the problem.

:mad2: just get the game fixed please!!

Kent-45
24th Feb 2008, 22:01
Just be patient guys. Whining and hurling insults at the developers is not going to speed the the process along. Yeah, I know a lot of people out there (myself included) have been frustrated with certain aspects of this game, but it's counterproductive to ***** about not having any patches... it's essentially the equivalent of being in the backseat of the car and asking "Are we there yet" every 5 minutes.

The patch will be released when the patch is released. Everyone just needs to calm down.

NovaBlack
25th Feb 2008, 11:16
Just be patient guys. Whining and hurling insults at the developers is not going to speed the the process along. Yeah, I know a lot of people out there (myself included) have been frustrated with certain aspects of this game, but it's counterproductive to ***** about not having any patches... it's essentially the equivalent of being in the backseat of the car and asking "Are we there yet" every 5 minutes.

The patch will be released when the patch is released. Everyone just needs to calm down.

umm with all do respect how can you say "just be patient guys"

do you not think the fact that we are over 3 months after release and ive waited till now to start this thread is patient? i hardly think bringing it up after 3 months can be likened to asking in a car 'every 5 minutes'.

did you not read the points in the first post i made ? i suggest you do , then come back and reply. FACT 1) MANY(in fact the MAJORITY) of other devs get non-critical patches out within a DRASTICALLY shorter time frame than this FACT 2) with critical issues, many devs have patches ON RELEASE DAY or at very worse within a VERY VERY SHORT time frame FACT 3) we have been told a patch is coming practically every week since release, yet mysteriously we are NEVER told a release date FACT 4) if the patch were anywhere near relase then the devs WOULD BE IN A POSITION TO GIVE OUT AN ESTIMATED RELASE. as they havent, i suggest that the patch is not near to release (still) FACT 5) companies are not allowed to sell products in a state like this in any other aspect of industry. FACT 6) i was not informed anywhere on the box i needed a 360 controller, this debatably could amount to misinformation/deception.

FACT 7) WE HAVE BEEN MORE THAN PATIENT!

FACT 8) you say it'l be done when its done, but if a company has no customers demanding a patch for a broken product, then itl either a) never be made or b) be relased in december 2010

oh and FACT9) perhaps customers would be more patient had we had an APOLOGY , the 5 letter 'S' word can go a long way. If they havent the courtesy to even press 5 keys on a keyboard, then i dont see why anyone should expect that courtesy off us in return.

spyglass
25th Feb 2008, 16:12
well said NovaBlack, this company is taken us for fools.....is it possible for Eidos to refund my game? or r they gonna refuse because ive opened mine already? the only reason why i brought this game is because of the Co-op but that wasnt Online :\ and ive only managed to play 3 online games with others because this game is so buggy!

NovaBlack
25th Feb 2008, 19:56
well said NovaBlack, this company is taken us for fools.....is it possible for Eidos to refund my game? or r they gonna refuse because ive opened mine already? the only reason why i brought this game is because of the Co-op but that wasnt Online :\ and ive only managed to play 3 online games with others because this game is so buggy!

i hear what your saying

me and 2 friends pre-ordered it for release day for the multiplayer and co-op. and then we got it and found A) no Lan, b) it was split screen (on pc = wtf) c) we didnt have a 360 controller so couldnt play coop and d) there were practically NO servers online , and the login system was so crappy that we couldnt even get ONE GAME to work online. between 3 computers... for 3 hours of trying..

totally felt scammed. but still i've respected Eidos, and done what they asked. But i have BEEN patient enough. this has got to stop.

I at LEAST demand a formal apology if they expect us to keep waiting, not for an improvement patch, but for an essential patch to MAKE THE GAME WORK!

Kent-45
25th Feb 2008, 21:03
I'm not denying that Eidos has left us hanging, and that in many ways Kane & Lynch is buggy, and the multiplayer component borderline unplayable... but I don't see why we can't be civil.

Eidos knows that if they keep pissing people off no one will buy their sequel, so it's in their best interest to get this patch out as quickly as possible.

NovaBlack
26th Feb 2008, 10:42
I'm not denying that Eidos has left us hanging, and that in many ways Kane & Lynch is buggy, and the multiplayer component borderline unplayable... but I don't see why we can't be civil.

Eidos knows that if they keep pissing people off no one will buy their sequel, so it's in their best interest to get this patch out as quickly as possible.

Apologies then if i wasnt being civil, i never meant to be abusive or anything (genuinely). But its hard balance to be civil and at the same time try and show my clear anger and frustration at the situation. I have to stretch the boundaries slightly just to get my point across, in a way that wont be just simply ignored like all the other times this has been raised. Sorry again.

spyglass
26th Feb 2008, 17:07
you got nothing to be sorry about Novablack.

NovaBlack
26th Feb 2008, 21:32
you got nothing to be sorry about Novablack.

cheers spyglass

lol the irony is immense, in the what.. 2 weeks this thread has been up, ive actually ended up saying sorry but eidos hasnt.

Jaydam
28th Feb 2008, 22:46
All due respect kent but if i want to rant i will

My son bought me this game with his savings for christmas and it doesn't work!

if you bought a car and it didnt work for 3 months i doubt very much you would have been patient.

This is no different....

a car may be a lot of money to you and this game was a lot of money to my son.

I dont think anyone has not been civil just stating their opinions as you are also doing.

Eidos,, it would be nice for someone to step in and provide some information .......... or just get the game sorted!

spyglass
29th Feb 2008, 12:35
im guessing eidos dont even care anymore, they got our money and now there using it to make k&l2...there lack of posting on these forums proves it

cls81
29th Feb 2008, 16:23
Releasing a game to pay for another game is not new.
Pacific Storm, Stalker, Arma. And now K&L.

NovaBlack
29th Feb 2008, 20:13
well..im gonna keep posting till we get a proper response to this.

I can think of many websites that would love to hear about Eidos fantastic fast efficient customer service....

VesslanSWE
2nd Mar 2008, 22:49
I just bought the game. it started just fine but then I got bluescreen and reboot after reboot and so on.... had heard that there were lots of probs with it, so i waited...but c´mon??!! no patch yet?? this is weird..are they even working on it...

Jaydam
3rd Mar 2008, 21:13
no - one knows!!

all we get is a mod keep filling us full of hope

NovaBlack
3rd Mar 2008, 21:37
no - one knows!!

all we get is a mod keep filling us full of hope

lol yeah definitely full of something..

wow still no apology. im not going away.

Jaydam
4th Mar 2008, 17:06
lol yeah definitely full of something..

wow still no apology. im not going away.

Lol, i was trying to be Civil ;)

NovaBlack
5th Mar 2008, 06:51
Lol, i was trying to be Civil ;)

lol sorry! ...omg second time ive said that now lol. Me 2, Eidos 0. lol. come on Eidos wake up. 5 letters come on

S _ _ R Y ... come on you can fill in the blanks

killerhz
6th Mar 2008, 01:54
Man I bought this game when it came out and to date, there is no fix for my issues. :mad2:

The game loads fine but in game I get this program has stopped responding :nut: I have tried this on XP, Vista x86 & 64 the same message. I have used the 8800 GTX KO ASC3 and now on 2 GTS 512 and the same damn error message. There have been countless driver old and new and nothing works. $50 paid for a beer coaster.

Eidos if you are reading this C'mon and give us a F'ing patch already.

spyglass
6th Mar 2008, 15:06
get Army of Two guys, much better Co op Kane & Lynch will ever be...

NovaBlack
7th Mar 2008, 08:05
get Army of Two guys, much better Co op Kane & Lynch will ever be...

well from the experience ive had up to now a slap in the face would be a better co-op experience of kane and lynch than ive had.

Plus the person slapping you in the face would ask you to pay for a 360 controller first.

seriously Eidos, you cant actually apologise ? seriously not one dev can just...comment... and literally say.. sorry?

Absolutely appalled. this threads been up for fair while and it REALLY isnt hard for customer services just to say sorry to a customer. its like rule number one in Customer service (and in any relationships) admit your mistakes, or at least say you can see how people would be annoyed (dont even need to admit mistakes) and say sorry for any frustration caused.

I find it amazing not one official rep can do that.

please you must see how ridiculous this is, and how the longer this thread continues unanswered the more disrespectful you look as a brand (its been at the top of the forum for AGES so dont say it wasnt noticed)

im asking for a word. not blood from a stone.

:mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

killerhz
7th Mar 2008, 13:13
well from the experience ive had up to now a slap in the face would be a better co-op experience of kane and lynch than ive had.

Plus the person slapping you in the face would ask you to pay for a 360 controller first.

seriously Eidos, you cant actually apologise ? seriously not one dev can just...comment... and literally say.. sorry?

Absolutely appalled. this threads been up for fair while and it REALLY isnt hard for customer services just to say sorry to a customer. its like rule number one in Customer service (and in any relationships) admit your mistakes, or at least say you can see how people would be annoyed (dont even need to admit mistakes) and say sorry for any frustration caused.

I find it amazing not one official rep can do that.

please you must see how ridiculous this is, and how the longer this thread continues unanswered the more disrespectful you look as a brand (its been at the top of the forum for AGES so dont say it wasnt noticed)

im asking for a word. not blood from a stone.

:mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

And to think that Crysis has already released 2 patches, COD4 has released 5 patches the list goes on with great support for the gamers that we are except Eidos...

plEEk
7th Mar 2008, 19:27
3 words...

Class
Action
Lawsuit

:eek:

NovaBlack
8th Mar 2008, 07:39
lol but thats the point... all ive asked for since the start of this thread is an APOLOGY , just the word sorry... and nothing...:mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

Is this how eidos always treats their customers?

im getting more and more tempted to email several well known sites about this.

geez for the love of god.. i want 5 characters on screen.. thats all im asking for..

Manners dont cost a thing.

NovaBlack
8th Mar 2008, 09:10
you know what makes this stand out even more..

the 360 version of Bully (only just released) has a patch out next week to fix bugs.

disgraceful eidos.

Kneo24
8th Mar 2008, 12:55
It makes me wonder if they even worked on a patch at all.

If they did, they were probably hoping it to be a big patch to fix a large number of issues, which is the wrong way to go. Two or three patches to fix things would have been smarter. You keep some people happy much faster than keeping only a select few happy forever. I see this kind of retarded line of though all across the industry. I understand if you're a small studio, but if there's serious game breaking bugs that you can patch so people can at the very least PLAY the game, you need to fix those bugs. As of right now, you guys are being viewed as a studio that will release another buggy product in the future.

So the question is, why should I bother to buy any other products with this studios name on it when I've seen that they've done this?

NovaBlack
8th Mar 2008, 21:10
well put.

as far as im concerned, anything with 'eidos' on it is bad news. And im glad it isnt just us who are realising it, several well known game sites have published several articles on this whol K&L debacle.

Im disappointed though that i gave eidos a final chance to make up for some of their wrongs. I was obviously wasting my time. well heres something I CAN SAY eidos. sorry. sorry you wont be getting any more business from me in the future. All i asked for was a simple apology after you ripped me off, but you cant even do that. wow... im stunned. ive actually never had such a a bad experience with a publisher.

killerhz
8th Mar 2008, 22:34
The OP should change his title as it has been more than 3 months now.:lmao:

plEEk
9th Mar 2008, 02:59
NovaBlack

could you post the links to the websites with the articles?

spyglass
9th Mar 2008, 10:02
aparently Army of two is having a patch out soon to fix the laag issue there having....quick huh?

NovaBlack
13th Mar 2008, 12:57
just thought id check back *sigh* still nothing.

gosh

i

am

so

shocked

[/sarcastic]

Kent-45
13th Mar 2008, 19:04
This is getting a little ridiculous, I must say. I think Eidos should at least make an official statement saying that they aren't supporting this title with updates, instead of stringing people along.

I know I said we should be patient, but this is ridiculous... every other game company out there seems to be able to release patches and support their product effectively...why can't Eidos?

Jaydam
13th Mar 2008, 23:14
Does anyone know eidos customer services email address or do they not make it public in a bid to reduce complaints,

i think i will send them a *****ty email :)

ill check my game box .

lightspeed
14th Mar 2008, 01:20
Yeah, this is pretty sad. Looks as if Eidos is treating its customers like VUGames did with Tribes Vengeance; don't go that path Eidos, as Tribes Vengeance was a great game, but it seriously needed and still needs a patch to address multiplayer issues.

NovaBlack
14th Mar 2008, 08:11
yeah if anyone can get an adress (an adress that they can get a response from ....) then please post it here. We could make a template complaint for everyone to use like just add your own name at the top

something like

I ________

Would like to complainn .....blahblahlbha

yours sincerely

______

etc

may be a good idea.

Im absolutely fuming now, and im not letting this drop. you know what the most annoying thing is.. that we havent even had a RESPONSE from even a mod on th forums. n this thread has BEEN AT THE TOP OF THE FORUM FOR WEEKS! they are CHOOSING to ignore us. Well get stuffed, i AM NOT LETTING THIS DROP WHEN I HAVE BEEN RIPPED OFF. IM SICK AND TIRED OF COMPANIES THINKING THEY CAN TREAT CUSTOMERS LIKE THIS!

i hate how its only games that companies can get away with this too. tough . not anymore.

Ill buy someone cookie if they can get me a responsive email adress. cheers guys.

Lets just stick together through this. its just plain wrong. And to think the point of this thread was jsut to BE ACKNOWLEDGED AND GET THEM TO TYPE 'SORRY'.

And they cant even do that. UTTERLY DISGRACEFUL

Mike_B
14th Mar 2008, 08:16
Does anyone know eidos customer services email address or do they not make it public in a bid to reduce complaints,

i think i will send them a *****ty email :)

ill check my game box .

By sending that kind of mail the only result you will get is the mail ending up in the trash bin. Not only that you are also directing your anger at the wrong people. The people at customer service can't do anything about it, they don't make the decision of patches it's the management that does.

If you want to complain and want your message heard by the those that make those decisions I think the best course of action is to write a letter to the Eidos management, or look up the producers name in the manual. I think that will be more effective than posting it here.

NovaBlack
14th Mar 2008, 09:59
interesting how we get a reply as soon as a negative course of action is mentioned. Yet for a month... nothing..

still.. thank you for replying..

would you be able to provide us with an adress to which we could write.

As you must understand, many of us are VERY frustrated.

Many thanks

Mike_B
14th Mar 2008, 10:38
In the past month I have found no reason to respond. The concern about a patch is warranted and the discussion has been civil thus there was no need to interfere. I saw the idea of writing and while I found it to be a good idea the manner it was going to be written in was not and I found it would be ineffective. Hence the suggestion to write proper letters to the management, the producer etc., in other words those who actually make the decisions.

It is of course important that you write your letters at a time when you're not mad as that would only result in a counter productive letter.

The address I found on the Eidos corporate website is:

SCi Entertainment Group
Wimbledon Bridge House
1 Hartfield Road
Wimbledon
London SW19 3RU

If you're in the US (or another country that has an Eidos office) I think you'll be able to find the address on their respective website.

Being a gamer myself I definitely understand your frustration.

Oh and just for the record, I don't work for Eidos, I'm a volunteer mod.

NovaBlack
14th Mar 2008, 20:45
In the past month I have found no reason to respond. The concern about a patch is warranted and the discussion has been civil thus there was no need to interfere. I saw the idea of writing and while I found it to be a good idea the manner it was going to be written in was not and I found it would be ineffective. Hence the suggestion to write proper letters to the management, the producer etc., in other words those who actually make the decisions.

It is of course important that you write your letters at a time when you're not mad as that would only result in a counter productive letter.

SCi Entertainment Group
Wimbledon Bridge House
1 Hartfield Road
Wimbledon
London SW19 3RU

If you're in the US (or another country that has an Eidos office) I think you'll be able to find the address on their respective website.

There is now very little except for some formalities keeping the patch back. It will be released quite soon:)

Many thanks for your reply

Even a quick response, just so we know we are actually being listened to can do a load to ease frustrations.

Appreciated.

And to everyone else on the thread, thats definitely good advice to make sure you write the letters when your calm. wont help if we dont!

Thanks additionally to Zacker, any word on how long you expect the formalities to take?

Jaydam
15th Mar 2008, 21:07

SCi Entertainment Group
Wimbledon Bridge House
1 Hartfield Road
Wimbledon
London SW19 3RU

All due respect but its having no contact from eidos or volunteer mods like yourself is the reason i was going to write a shi*ty email.

dont get me wrong i dont blame you yadda yadda but do you not think a pacifying post would have been a reasonable thing to do.

if you take on a moderators position then you need to deal with the ruff and the smooth.

Thanks for the address i will put pen to paper and write the letter and send it,

There is now very little except for some formalities keeping the patch back. It will be released quite soon:)

seeing is believing , if there is one thing that winds me up is being stringed along,

if the update is not going to be released for 6 months at least have the decency to say so.

popping in once a month with the same thing doesnt really cut the mustard!

comunicate!!, a few updates would have helped instead of letting us sit here and create bad publicity for you.

would you care to be a little more specific with a release date?

on a lighter note thanks for the replies... its good to talk!

NEOscuro
15th Mar 2008, 21:30
Hello all,

Hey I agree with Nova, 3 months and nothing; and I think they will not fix the PC problems, they have been lying all along so the game keeps selling. Probably, only a third of PC gamers are having problems and the console sales are probably doing well, so they really don't care about a small bunch of PC users whining about not being able to run the game. They are just cashing-in as much as they can and **** disappearing.:eek: :scratch:

But I WILL NOT BUY ANY OTHER GAMES FROM YOU EIDOS. And you can take THAT to the bank.:rasp:

Jaydam
15th Mar 2008, 21:52
PS my shi*ty letter has been written and printed and ready to go in the post on monday morning.

i will let you know if i get a response.

if the forums are an example to go by i dont expect to see anything ;) :mad2:

never have i had to write a letter of complaint to a software house.

poor show!!

CrazyMarauder
16th Mar 2008, 00:00
guys, dont you see this patch will never be released, 4 months already passed, its gone. those guys got our money.
Eidos never again!!!they are not serious

dudadi
16th Mar 2008, 05:47
But i hope a solution apears soon!

spyglass
16th Mar 2008, 10:49
we can only hope....

MonkeyTech
16th Mar 2008, 13:00

Any chance of getting a real time frame on this? these random crashes don't even let me get 5 minutes into the game (which isn't funny since ive had the game 2 months now).

plEEk
16th Mar 2008, 17:22

Think I'll keep a running count on the amount of days that pass between that statement and the actual release of the damn patch , and its been 3 days so far... :cool:

lightspeed
16th Mar 2008, 17:29
Yes, their support on this game is despicable. However, I do believe that Eidos will pull through. Most of Eidos' games are pretty good, and I have never seen them be this uncaring about one of them, but I hope they will release a patch.

I'm frustrated too - Did you know they released a patch for Soldiers of Fortune Payback for PC? They have better support than Eidos does for releasing a patch for a game that did not sell as much. It's a good game mind you...

Release a patch!!!!!

We're not gonna quietly sit here and pretend like we are satisfied for a bunch of crap!

NovaBlack
17th Mar 2008, 07:16
just out of interest...

can we get an official response to the issue of saying a simple 'sorry'?

even if its just to say 'we arent gonna say sorry' . at least i can quit banging my head against the same brick wall, its becoming rather sore. :mad2:

killerhz
17th Mar 2008, 22:10
Let me sum it up for all of us...There is no hope for a patch. There is no official or un-official mention of a patch.

I can't belive there is noone fom eidos is chimming in to let us know that it is going to be ok. Nothing.

Well by tomorrow Rainbow Six Vegas 2 will be out and I will not care about this game anymore. Looks like I was hosed for $49 + tax.

**** You eidos for your lack of support or attention to us.

dudadi
17th Mar 2008, 22:24
Eidos We need a PATCH!PATCH!PATCH!PATCH!PATCH!PATCH!:mad2: :mad2:

lightspeed
18th Mar 2008, 00:45
Don't you get it. We're NOT GONNA BUY KANE & LYNCH 2 if you don't properly support this game!

chip5541
18th Mar 2008, 05:27
Let me sum it up for all of us...There is no hope for a patch. There is no official or un-official mention of a patch.

I can't belive there is noone fom eidos is chimming in to let us know that it is going to be ok. Nothing.

Well by tomorrow Rainbow Six Vegas 2 will be out and I will not care about this game anymore. Looks like I was hosed for $49 + tax.

**** You eidos for your lack of support or attention to us.

Yes there was. The developers have read the comments and issues. Because nothing specific (ie date and such) could be mentioned, nothing was said. Had a date been given and for what ever reasons it did not or could not come out on such and such date everyone would be just as upset so nothing was said until we had something a little more concrete. Right or wrong it was a catch 22. Now that it is closer to release Zacker popped in just to let you know that a patch was soon to be released.

NovaBlack
18th Mar 2008, 07:10
so... do we get a 'sorry'?

i seriously am amazed at how this simple word has been ignored, this is about the 4th time ive asked now.

just say ' i cant say sorry' if thats what you feel. just PLEASE dont ignore us. It is only adding fuel to the fire.

Sorry for harping on about this repeatedly. I just think a point needs to be made.

chip5541
18th Mar 2008, 07:57
To say we are sorry would ring a bit hollow coming from the mods at the forum since we are not employed by Eidos. We recieve no compensation. We are moderating here as gamefans and wanting to help out people the best we can. We have absolutely no idea what the hold up is on the patch or privy to any information.

All I can tell you is that the patch process is long and goes through many tests from different areas. Not only internaly through IO, but through Eidos, Microsoft (both 360 and PC version) and Sony. If a problem is found then it goes back to the beginning. The delay could be coming from multiple areas but we just don't know.

As a gamer I absolutely understand your frustration. I have been there myself with many titles including several AAA titles and recently my 360 (try getting any answers from MS **** is an exercise in futility).

NovaBlack
18th Mar 2008, 10:30
(try getting any answers from MS **** is an exercise in futility).

hahahah totally agree there !! :)

cheers for the reply. I understand its not your fault personally, so sorry if anything has come of as personal toward the mods.

I just think it stinks a bit that you guys get left to clean up somebody elses mess!

spyglass
18th Mar 2008, 15:49
How many times have you said "sorry" novablack? :lol: :lol:

killerhz
19th Mar 2008, 01:22
Yes there was. The developers have read the comments and issues. Because nothing specific (ie date and such) could be mentioned, nothing was said. Had a date been given and for what ever reasons it did not or could not come out on such and such date everyone would be just as upset so nothing was said until we had something a little more concrete. Right or wrong it was a catch 22. Now that it is closer to release Zacker popped in just to let you know that a patch was soon to be released.

Acknowledgment is what most of us want. I am sure you are a great mod, but understand that none of this is directed towards you, I for one am just baffled by the lack of execution in this patch or game. Almost 4 month go by and I can't play this game? Don't you think that they should somehow keep us in the loop? Crytek kept everyone in the loop as to what was going on with their patch. Eidos should just put up or shut up, give us our money back or release the damn patch so we can play.

NovaBlack
19th Mar 2008, 08:02
yeh.. i DEFINITELY understand testing takes time..

but seriously if thats the reason then perhaps its about time you took a look at your testing processes because they are apparently ****.

i mean what... does no other game developer test their patches? i think youll find they do , and they still get em released on release day or sometimes as quickly as a week later. I have NEVER experienced ANY developer take 4 months for a CRITICAL patch (and lets not kid ourselves it IS a CRITICAL patch)

(ps. again none of that tirade directed against the mods!, just commenting generally on the issue raised)

VesslanSWE
19th Mar 2008, 13:53
Nova Black..
I agree with you fully.

chip5541
19th Mar 2008, 14:26
Actually I have seen publishers refuse to release patches for games so the developers had to release it as an unofficial patch. That, of course, will not be the case here. It maybe nothing more that the patch needing to be released across all platforms at the same time and scheduling/space or what ever is not able to get everything in sync. I am not saying that this is the reason but funnier things have happened.

killerhz
19th Mar 2008, 22:58
Actually I have seen publishers refuse to release patches for games so the developers had to release it as an unofficial patch. That, of course, will not be the case here. It maybe nothing more that the patch needing to be released across all platforms at the same time and scheduling/space or what ever is not able to get everything in sync. I am not saying that this is the reason but funnier things have happened.
Well IMHO this is not funny at all and has taking so much of my time trying to play this DAMN! game. One of the responces that I received from Eidos was to go to affinity settings and set it to 0 because this game doesn't work with multi core CPU's :nut: What year are we in again? They couldn't code the game to work on multi core cpu's? What about the 360? That uses multi cores....

Anyways chip, thanks for the replies and the good faith.

khz

plEEk
20th Mar 2008, 00:28
And we're on day 5....

NovaBlack
20th Mar 2008, 09:34
HAHAH you know what i just realised?

we've been told that the patch is delayed possibly cos of lengthy testing processes..

THE IRONY!

did the game go through these same intensive testing processes before release? If its the same process testing shouldnt take you more than 5 mins hahaa. i mean what was the last testing process

'dev 1:... uh yeah its pretty crapppy.. full of bugs."

dev2: ..meh... yeah its time to release then"

chip5541
20th Mar 2008, 13:40
I guess you all haven't played Bully yet on the 360 ;)

cls81
20th Mar 2008, 15:29
HAHAH you know what i just realised?

we've been told that the patch is delayed possibly cos of lengthy testing processes..

THE IRONY!

did the game go through these same intensive testing processes before release? If its the same process testing shouldnt take you more than 5 mins hahaa. i mean what was the last testing process

'dev 1:... uh yeah its pretty crapppy.. full of bugs."

dev2: ..meh... yeah its time to release then"

Dont forget the sissy video about releasing games on time. K&L got pushed back, that is irony.

spyglass
20th Mar 2008, 16:52
lol im sorry but was has Bully got to do with K&L? i just think Bully is a rippoff of GTA but for kids...

chip5541
20th Mar 2008, 18:22
Sort of. It has nothing really to do but the 360 version is a buggy mess. The patch is done but MS hasn't released it yet.

NovaBlack
20th Mar 2008, 21:42
lol least the bully patch wont take 4 months :rasp:

chip5541
20th Mar 2008, 22:42
true. it just came out today.... and people are still having the issues and some reporting it is worse. :scratch:

plEEk
21st Mar 2008, 02:18

Day 6 and counting . . . :whistle:

NovaBlack
21st Mar 2008, 09:11
lol at least people feel like the devs are trying :rasp:

No frustration from being ignored n left without any contact which can make any event 100 times worse. Id rather have a bad patch n some responses than 4 months of absolutely nothing, and the feeling i have absolutely no worth as a customer. :mad2:

lol(directed at devs not mods!:thumbsup: )

chip5541
21st Mar 2008, 13:06

This was posted on teh 14th. My bet is that MS is trying to line up a time/date for release.

spyglass
21st Mar 2008, 13:44
well i have the game for PC and find it rediculous that u gotta wait for MS to release it....

chip5541
21st Mar 2008, 14:26
I absolutely understand but once games start integrating Live that opens up a whole new set of issues which can delay things now that MS has to get involved.

Kneo24
21st Mar 2008, 16:34
It's a bit ridiculous to wait for one platform's patch so you can release the rest, which are already finished. It's a patch, not THE release of the game. Besides, how hard is it to update the official website with news like "we're waiting on Microsoft, but here, have the other platforms."?

killerhz
21st Mar 2008, 18:24
Well it's finally over for me :rasp: I traded my K&L game for a $20 gift card to Starbucks and now I am enjoying a vanilla latte while playing Rainbow Six Vegas 2 baby. I hope the patch really comes out and you all get to play. For me, I am done and will never give eidos another dime of my money again for any game.

Jaydam
22nd Mar 2008, 11:20
What a surprise.

i popped back to see what was going on and guess what.

No patch!!!

tho the thread has expanded and still no official information.

i find it hard that all we are waiting about is live updates and i dont even want to play the game online.

i just want to play the game.

no response from my letter to Eidos either,

should have expected that really.

NovaBlack
22nd Mar 2008, 12:33
lol no response?

shocking.. :nut:

tbh the way im feeling now, im pretty much done with eidos. I want teh patch for this game, since i paid for it n i now CANT take it back for a refund, so im stuck with it. But tbh after almost 6 weeks without an official response eidos can take their future games n shove em.

Im glad People reviewed K&L for the piece of buggy cack that it is. a shameless cash in , and this attitude proves it.

plEEk
22nd Mar 2008, 20:05

Day 8 and still counting . . . . :whistle:

chip5541
22nd Mar 2008, 20:25
Patience guys. it is the weekend. I am trying to find out something but Monday is a holiday here so it may take me a couple of days to hear anything.

Jaydam
22nd Mar 2008, 21:23
Patience guys. it is the weekend.

lol do you not think we have been patient?

But thanks for trying, hopefully you will get better joy than us,

chip5541
23rd Mar 2008, 06:32
Sorry, I worded that wrong. You all have, for the most part :D , been patient. What it should have said was that I will try to find out anything new or more concrete however since this is the weekend and Monday is a Holiday it may take me a couple of days to find out anything new. If I hear anything I will post it.

NovaBlack
23rd Mar 2008, 11:13
:) Thanks for the help . it is appreciated! :)

NovaBlack
24th Mar 2008, 07:05
lol just as an update its now 42 days since this thread was started..

FORTY TWO DAYS... and NO official response or apology. Credit to the mods who are taking an interest your help is appreciated, but to the people who should be responding.. shame on you :mad2:

i wonder how many days loyal customers have to sit and wait before they are deemed more than pieces of dirt on a corporate boot, and will hear the small but incredibly potent word 'sorry'...

Seriously this is something so small we are asking for. Its like me having to wait 42 days in a grocery store after asking something as simple as 'oh excuse me where can i find the generic item X'. I mean wait more than 5 minutes and you wouldnt accept it in the 'real world'. I hate how the culprits can sit comfortably and ignore us because they dont have to deal with us face to face. *sigh*. I cant wait till all this is over though, because i will always remember it as the yard stick by which i rate companies. And believe me eidos your already so far off the scale its untrue.

You have been put to shame by so many other companies, and the irony has been that they have done it multiple times during the mammoth wait we have endured!

Jaydam
24th Mar 2008, 20:21
This maybe 42 days old this post but heres a post from November with the same problem.

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=73316

so it matters not how much we complain as it is falling on deaf screens!!

plEEk
24th Mar 2008, 22:56

And now day 10 . . . . . :nut:

killerhz
25th Mar 2008, 00:22
lol just as an update its now 42 days since this thread was started..

FORTY TWO DAYS... and NO official response or apology. Credit to the mods who are taking an interest your help is appreciated, but to the people who should be responding.. shame on you :mad2:

i wonder how many days loyal customers have to sit and wait before they are deemed more than pieces of dirt on a corporate boot, and will hear the small but incredibly potent word 'sorry'...

Seriously this is something so small we are asking for. Its like me having to wait 42 days in a grocery store after asking something as simple as 'oh excuse me where can i find the generic item X'. I mean wait more than 5 minutes and you wouldnt accept it in the 'real world'. I hate how the culprits can sit comfortably and ignore us because they dont have to deal with us face to face. *sigh*. I cant wait till all this is over though, because i will always remember it as the yard stick by which i rate companies. And believe me eidos your already so far off the scale its untrue.

You have been put to shame by so many other companies, and the irony has been that they have done it multiple times during the mammoth wait we have endured!

I think that you should change the name of the post to make everyone with an issue to post in here. There are only 5 pages of complaints (from like 5 of us) Maybe if there were more they would show some respect. Maybe this will cheer you up: in a previous post I was bragging that I traded my K&L for a $20 giftcard. Well I traded it to a friend and he couldn't get it installed so got pissed at me. I felt so bad that we traded back. (-the $3.78, lol)
It's a freakin' curse...this game will not go away. AAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!!

Well hope you all had a great Easter.

dudadi
25th Mar 2008, 19:53
Please We need a patch. That is your work eidos. How much time we must wait?:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

NarpyTheCrimeDog
26th Mar 2008, 03:31
So, I lurk these threads every month in hopes for a patch, but after five months of waiting, I decided to give Eidos a call demanding my money back, plus them paying for the shipping and handling to return the game.

They were convinced that I had played the game, beat it and just wanted my money back now that I completed it. At which point I scoffed and stated that if I didn't want to support the designers by letting them keep the money, I would've just downloaded a cracked version.

They then asked what all I've done to correct the problems. I've done all besides change my mouse and keyboard (both USB) to PS/2. They told me that I would have to do that before I even tried to get a money refund. This severely pissed me off because not only did I pay $55 for this Frisbee, but they also want me to spend another good $50 on a new keyboard and mouse.

They also insisted that, as stated, a patch is in development and will be out soon. Now, I'm a programmer. I know the difference between soon and soon. The difference is that soon, being actually coming out within an acceptable time frame is backed up with dev logs and proof. Soon, being never, is something promised constantly to keep consumers off your ass for the next month.

We were all conned by Eidos. Perhaps someone will take up a class-action lawsuit and the government will force Eidos to return consumers' money much like Iowa vs. Microsoft.

Eidos, you've lost a customer, and fan from me. Unfortunately for you, I also have a lot of friends who are major gamers. They also have friends who are major gamers. I don't know any further than that, but I would assume the pattern goes on. You're losing a huge fan base.

Good business ethics.

lightspeed
26th Mar 2008, 05:27
I was looking forward to a patch before Spring Break, so that I could actually play this game.

Oh well. Thanks for getting my hopes up Eidos.

I will not buy Kane & Lynch 2 until after the patch for that game comes out, or I may not even buy it at all. It depends on how long it takes you to release a patch.

NovaBlack
26th Mar 2008, 08:04
So, I lurk these threads every month in hopes for a patch, but after five months of waiting, I decided to give Eidos a call demanding my money back, plus them paying for the shipping and handling to return the game.

They were convinced that I had played the game, beat it and just wanted my money back now that I completed it. At which point I scoffed and stated that if I didn't want to support the designers by letting them keep the money, I would've just downloaded a cracked version.

They then asked what all I've done to correct the problems. I've done all besides change my mouse and keyboard (both USB) to PS/2. They told me that I would have to do that before I even tried to get a money refund. This severely pissed me off because not only did I pay $55 for this Frisbee, but they also want me to spend another good $50 on a new keyboard and mouse.

They also insisted that, as stated, a patch is in development and will be out soon. Now, I'm a programmer. I know the difference between soon and soon. The difference is that soon, being actually coming out within an acceptable time frame is backed up with dev logs and proof. Soon, being never, is something promised constantly to keep consumers off your ass for the next month.

We were all conned by Eidos. Perhaps someone will take up a class-action lawsuit and the government will force Eidos to return consumers' money much like Iowa vs. Microsoft.

Eidos, you've lost a customer, and fan from me. Unfortunately for you, I also have a lot of friends who are major gamers. They also have friends who are major gamers. I don't know any further than that, but I would assume the pattern goes on. You're losing a huge fan base.

Good business ethics.

wow... im stunned! Cant believe they would be so rude and demand you buy all that stuff, it doesnt say you need it on the box, and if you are REQUIRED to buy extra hardware etc it MUST be on the box (at least in the UK - Sale of goods act). Thats why the 360 controller issue really sticks in my throat. it didnt say it ANYWHERE. the absolute cheek.

One part of me isnt suprised though.

Yeah and as far as the patch goes thats baloney. they cant say its 'in development' as a reason for you not to get a refund. Make them aware taht you are fully entitled to a refund, as Faults have to be corrected in a reasonable time frame. 5 months on... not reasonable. if i were you id get back on the phone and tell them that and see what their response is.

On a sidenote, its over a week since the dev posted with 'just the formalities holding it back' yet....

ooh nothing...

suprise suprise. :mad2:

i REALLY DONT GET WHY THIS IS BEING DONE. WE ARE BEING TREATED LIKE IDIOTS. HOW HARD WOULD IT BE TO BE HONEST AND KEEP YOUR FANS UP TO DATE... IT WOULD TAKE ONE POST ON THE FORUM A MONTH THATS LIKE 2 MINUTES EFFORT.

Hmm perhaps its time to call in the big guns...:cool:

I think you should OFFICIALLY post requesting a response. Then at least you can turn round n tell them youve officially requested an update WITH DETAILS (not just 'soon') and youve not been informed. Therefore they will have to refund you..

Pfff Kane and lynch 2... i wouldnt even mention that. the first game isnt even that good when you actually get to play it. Its shoddy , full of schoolboy programming errors, and the story just well... it goes utterly bizaare when you go to the kinda cuban revolution rip off level , i was just stunned. I mean thats opinion. but its what i believe. Plus the length of the game... i mean its one of the shortest games ive played in years. Im not gonna sit here n be ripped off. At least fix this mediocre game so i can play what little goodness there is without crashes etc, and can play coop. (the only reason i bought it!)

blahblah
26th Mar 2008, 09:01
the game was released last year and no patch since the release date....

45 euro (= 70$ ) for a game that crash after 5 minutes... WOW!!! :mad2:

this was the last eidos-game for me....

spyglass
26th Mar 2008, 15:33
i feel like contacting PCgamer see wot they have to say about it, who knows....maybe they will talk about it on a page....

dudadi
26th Mar 2008, 19:39
ja people we need to change the post name now!
5 months - no patch - disgraceful :mad2:

plEEk
26th Mar 2008, 20:01
Day 12 , still nuffin' . . . . :scratch:

Kneo24
26th Mar 2008, 21:37
Can I expect this kind of support for future games? I really like the Deus Ex series, but I won't buy the third installment unless some wrongs are corrected. Just come out and be honest, and apologize for it.

If you guys are in fact, inferior programmers, just state so. Perhaps your lack of experience is what took so long to get a patch done. Maybe there was a patch started, but halted in lieu of other things. Maybe, just maybe, there was no patch being worked on at all.

In any case, just coming out and telling us what the real deal is would only benefit you right now. Show so damn integrity. Wait, do you guys even have integrity?

You want my business in the future? Do something to earn it. Any further mention of "formalities" without elaboration will forever keep me from buying games with the Eidos label on them.

NovaBlack
26th Mar 2008, 21:49
well ive been asking for a 'sorry' from post one of this thread.

still havent got it.

thats the most disgraceful thing of all.

I remember when we had a mere 24 hour delay start on a Turbine game, and we got hourly updates, a sackload of apologies, and a load of free stuff.

See, thats a company that knows how to treat its customers. After all you do know its CUSTOMERS that keep you in business right? well i wont be purchasing anything else from eidos. The frustrating thing is, that im almost complete on a computer games development programming degree, and up until this fiasco i thought really highly of eidos. Well i wont be taking my programming talent to eidos or any one of its partners. And neither will any of my colleagues. You really know whats best for you eidos. nice one. :mad2:

DO THE RIGHT THING.

POST AN OFFICIAL RESPONSE AND SAY SORRY.

NOW.

EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO HEAR 'SORRY' WRITE THAT YOU DEMAND IT BELOW.

DonkeyPunchedYourSis
27th Mar 2008, 13:56
So once Nova gets his formal apology all will be well. :rolleyes:

Who cares about an apology, just you and a couple of other people? An apology isn't going to fix anything in regards to the game. If they "feel" like apologizing they will do it when the patch is certified on all platforms. You're probably the only person who would forgive the developers after an apology at this moment. The rest of us just want the game to run like it's supposed to.

NovaBlack
27th Mar 2008, 14:11
um... where for a second did i say forgive?

read the thread and my post directly before yours

"well i wont be purchasing anything else from eidos. The frustrating thing is, that im almost complete on a computer games development programming degree, and up until this fiasco i thought really highly of eidos. Well i wont be taking my programming talent to eidos or any one of its partners. And neither will any of my colleagues. You really know whats best for you eidos. nice one"

still doesnt mean i dont want an apology as well. i bl**dy expect(read DEMAND) it after all this.

DonkeyPunchedYourSis
27th Mar 2008, 14:19
um... where for a second did i say forgive?

read the thread and my post directly before yours

"well i wont be purchasing anything else from eidos. The frustrating thing is, that im almost complete on a computer games development programming degree, and up until this fiasco i thought really highly of eidos. Well i wont be taking my programming talent to eidos or any one of its partners. And neither will any of my colleagues. You really know whats best for you eidos. nice one"

still doesnt mean i dont want an apology as well. i bl**dy expect(read DEMAND) it after all this.

If you can't find forgiveness in your heart, then why demand an apology. This is exactly why there's no need for an apology in the first place. You need therapy! Call of Duty 4 was game of the year and it took a very long time for a patch on the consoles. Do you know how many more people played this game on the 360 alone? When the patch was finally released the game was still plagued with connection problems and host ended games. The lag was ridiculous on COD4 as well regardless of how good your connection was. Infinity Ward's community relations were beyond terrible for the PS3. Things like that happen; complaining over the internet is absolutely pointless as it just makes you look like an ass clown. Don't take it personal!

I have more respect for these developers because they don't show favoritism between platforms. Infinity Ward patched the 360 version first than made the PS3 gamers wait longer. They also make Ps3 gamers wait longer for downloadable content. Also there were many exclusive events on the Xbox and nothing on the Ps3. It's money hungry developers like these that shouldn't be supported in the future.
The point is, there's a reoccurring trend with online multiplayers, and I like to call them birthing pains. It seems like this is the first game you ever purchased that was ever messed up out of the box. It has happened to me so many times that I'm accustomed to it by now.

The irony for me is that I enjoy this messed up unpopular game more than I enjoyed Call of Duty 4. It's funny how I can play a game that has no rules and traitors and find it less frustrating than a Modern Warfare game. If you think I sucked at COD4 you're sadly mistaken. Perhaps IO lacks experience with online gaming, so what. I understand your frustrations but patience is a virtue. Hardcore Gamers can be so cruel, I like to compare them to crack addicts in need of a fix.

I would like to play a game you develop in the future, I'm sure it will be ground breaking and take the world of PC gaming by surprise. None of your games will probably ever need a patch and if they did you could make one in the matter of minutes. The games you develop will out sell games like World of Warcraft.

NovaBlack
27th Mar 2008, 17:00
''The point is, there's a reoccurring trend with online multiplayers, and I like to call them birthing pains. It seems like this is the first game you ever purchased that was ever messed up out of the box. It has happened to me so many times that I'm accustomed to it by now.
''

hahah dude you are beyond funny. this game is not an ''online multiplayer''. yes it has that tacked on, but its primarily a SP game.

please, did you wander into the wrong forum? you may be happy, and respect these devs, fine thats your opinion. you are entitled to it.

So tallying it up thats 5 pages (120 posts) against these developers, and oooh.. your 1 post supporting them.

fine i can handle that. Like i said your entitled to your opinion.

Hey i have a used car do you want to buy it, you can pay me now, and even tho it doesnt work, ill not respond to you for 5 months, and get to keep your money! Then i can show you the post where you said you shouldnt be complaining, and infact you should respect me. Sounds like a win win situation for me.

oh and please be civil. If you have a point to make , make it. Dont compensate for the lack of valid argument by filling space with insults like 'AssClown' or whatever you said.

Anyway i feel ive fed the troll enough for one day. back to the issue at hand.

Id still like an official comment from a dev please if possible. Thanks

DonkeyPunchedYourSis
27th Mar 2008, 18:18
That’s why you test drive a car before you buy it. It's easy for gamers to pull out the "I've been scammed flag". Perhaps you could have read some reviews and made an informed decision before purchasing the game. If anyone interested in K & L where to read reviews on this game they probably wouldn't buy it now would they. At least now you know you will not buy games developed by IO interactive ever again. If I buy a game that isn't worth the money I only have myself to blame. Just like if I had purchased a used car with a bunch of problems. I told you not to take what I said personal, it's an attack on anyone who thinks calling out the developer is going to make things right. I'm just some random person on the internet so whatever I say to you shouldn't bother you. So I'm sorry if you fall into the complainer’s category. If you're pursuing game development for a career I would think you would have a little more understanding and patience with people who are already in the business.

How am I trolling? Just because I'm the one person who doesn't agree with you I'm trolling. Wow, just wow. Bottom line is neither Eidos or IO interactive made as much money on this game as they would have liked, that's punishment enough. Now they get to look at all the abuse from their community. Hell they probably see how the community lashes out at them and now they don't want to do anything. I wouldn't mess with these people if they can get someone fired for giving poor reviews, people who work for Eidos might throw a hex on your whole family.

You used to think highly of Eidos until they published one game you didn't like so now you will never buy anything they make, that’s a childish philosophy. I think people will give up on this game only to come back to it in the future.

One thing I like about this game is the crappy aiming controls. It's actually challenging, it's not like Call of Doodie 4 where even a caveman can play it. Help me I need aim assist because I can't aim for myself. There I said something somewhat nice about the K & L game, I feel better now.

Kneo24
27th Mar 2008, 20:21
I'm confused as to why you think it's acceptable for any company to be really really slow in releasing a patch.

NovaBlack
27th Mar 2008, 22:17
That’s why you test drive a car before you buy it. It's easy for gamers to pull out the "I've been scammed flag". Perhaps you could have read some reviews and made an informed decision before purchasing the game.

and how exactly does that apply to pre-orders?

i DID do reading around, i had ALOT of things represented to me (on announcements and discussions on these forums no less!) BEFORE the game was released BEFORE i went and pre-ordered it. so i did AS MUCH research AS I POSSIBLY COULD for a pre-order. it aint my fault they said there would be lan coop and then cut it, or that they said we had to use split scrreen 360 controller coop. (not even mentioned on the packaging)

THE POINT you are missing with your 'if i bought a car with a bunch of problems' analogy is that you would have legal redress open to you for monetary compensation. We dont. i CANNOT take it back, the store has a no return policy on pc games , for pioracy protection, and as another poster has shown you cant return it to Eidos directly. Companies seem to get away with selling products that go against the sale of goods act when it comes to software. you COULDNT do that with a physical item. Since we have been sold a product not as described.. please.. enlighten us as to your solution to get either a) the product fixed or b) your money back (not from the store cos i cant, and not from Eidos cos we cant)

"You used to think highly of Eidos until they made one game you didn't like so now you will never buy anything they make, that’s a childish philosophy"
...yeah thats it , simplify everything into its 'just cos i didnt like the game'. just ignore the almost 5 MONTHS WITHOUT A PATCH AND MORE IMPORTANTLY ANY REAL CONTACT/APOLOGIES/CUSTOMER SERVICE / UPDATES. TAHTS why we are mad. the culmination of ALL the above factors. To look at a large multi-dimensional problem in such a narrow minded way, and sum it up as 'just cos i didnt like the game' is a childish philosophy.

well im gonna go with the majority on this one. sorry.

plEEk
28th Mar 2008, 02:28
Day 13 , no patch..... and hostilities have commenced :D I keeeed ,I keeed

dugless
28th Mar 2008, 05:19
word on the net is the patch will be out monday march 31st..yeeeeeeeeeee thats next monday

DonkeyPunchedYourSis
28th Mar 2008, 12:28
I'm confused as to why you think it's acceptable for any company to be really really slow in releasing a patch.

Well you clearly didn't read my arguments. If a better developer like Infinity Ward takes a long time to release a patch then that's the way the cookie crumbles. What's the logic behind crying and sobbing? You guys look like spoiled brats. This is a never ending vicious cycle with multiplatform games that are released with bugs and glitches. Do the ranting actions of gamers help create a patch faster? Gamers think if they complain that the developers will work faster with releasing a patch, right. No wait, Eureka, gamers complain so the developers will patch the game instead of leaving it to collect dust. If developers rushed out a patch because you want things done quickly then it would be a crappy patch. These things take time and gamers act like the developers can just pull a patch out of their ass. Eidos most likely ran into some road blocks with developing it. That statement about having a patch ready is hogwash as you can't predict what's going to go wrong. Unless a developer already new what was going to go wrong and patched the game with a quickness to make themselves look superior. The logic of the majority of gamers is very flawed.

*Nova I already stated I understand your frustrations. I didn't read that you pre-ordered the game. The PC version of this game got a raw deal I understand. You must be weary of Microsoft’s money making ways. They corrupt these developers as money is the root of this evil. IO interactive/Eidos took the bait now Karma the b!tch has come to do what she does best. Ruin their future game sales. It has been stated that they're working on a patch. Why can't people leave it at that and just play the waiting game? This isn't the first time this has happened in the history of gaming. So the next time this happens to you, you just might go about things a different way. Deep down you're a good guy, just deal with these problems in a constructive not destructive kind of way. There seems to be conspiracy behind delaying patches. I'm under the assumption that some developers just might hold the patches. I sense a pattern as they seem to come out right before other popular games get to the shelves. When a game is patched that's when gamers play the game hard. With Call of Duty 4 the patch came out right before Rainbow 6 Vegas, coincidence, I think not.

I myself new about the problems with this game beforehand and just recently purchased the game in hopes that the patch should be arriving. If IO interactive never patches this game I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. People should learn from their mistakes.

Remember the gamer loses some money from a game that flops, a developer loses so much more. Gamers unite and refuse to buy their games that come out in the future. What if IO interactive doesn't even know that problems exists? What if they know but refuse to do anything about it? That would be like cutting off their manhood and putting it in their rear end. The game took a big blow after Gerstmann's review. Perhaps they got emotional and lost interest in their game. I find things like this humorous and so I'll sit back, grab some popcorn and watch the drama unfold.

There's only one developer on my S*H*i*t list and IO looks to be the second. You know what cracks me up, this forum has filters but the actual game drops the F-bomb like crazy. That's pretty gay!

NovaBlack
28th Mar 2008, 17:08
lol so the ranting doesnt help...

so what.. we should stay completely silent.. and that willl definitely mean developers will change their attitudes. wow. your plan is brilliant.

and what do you mean by ''If a better developer like Infinity Ward takes a long time to release a patch then that's the way the cookie crumbles''

a) 'better ' is your opinion, its not a quantative thing.

and infinity ward have released MULTIPLE patches for COD4 in the 5 months we havent had A SINGLE patch for K&L.

sorry but i really dont get your argument.

As for spoiled brats.. what.. i am totally baffled by your logic. That was the point it went from bizaare to booking a trip to imagination land on a flying pony. spoiled brats because we complain about paying for a product that WAS NOT AS DESCRIBED?. seriously.. do you not know we have a whole section of law to deal with this exact issue? and forgetting that.. you seriously cant understand sy why im annoyed i bought the game and wasnt told i had to use a 360 controller (on PC). And it wasnt on the box. you SERIOUSLY cant understand that?

and we aren't dumb we dont necessarily think the more we moan the faster it will be developed. but you cant deny it gives them more motivation (ie prioritising it higher).

WHY do you keep ignoring the fact that the primary purpose of this thread was so that people like us could BE BETTER INFORMED ABOUT WHAT IS GOING ON. not to necessarily speed it up. we are angry because we HAVE BEEN LEFT IN THE DARK. nobody seems to care or respond, and personally i feel aggreived by that.

oh and as far as releasing a patch on release day... err... how are we making that up. you are obviously the naieve one if youve never experienced that.
that has happened on loads of games!!!! do you not understand the development process?? clearly not. for a start you refer to 'eidos' as developers, when they arent they are publishers. (we complain here as eidos are ultimately incharge of any patch development, as they will provide funding) When a game goes gold there is about a minimum of at least a month between final build and release day. MANY game developers know some features HAVENT at that point been fully implemented and so spend that time DEVELOPING A PATCH FOR ANY CRITICAL ISSUES ON RELEASE DAY!. you have PROVED you have no understanding.

oh and as far as''just deal with these problems in a constructive not destructive kind of way''

err... irony... read the entire thread. Up until you started posting we didnt have a single non-constructive word said.

''People should learn from their mistakes.''
No.. the companies that produce games should. this is the whole FUNDAMENTAL basis behind us making noise about this as is our right as CONSUMERS!. the whole point you seem to miss is that yeah, complaining might not make a difference, but it has 100% more chance of making a difference than saying nothing does. you cant possibly not see that.

"Remember the gamer loses some money from a game that flops, a developer loses so much more." Again, technically the developer loses nothing. the publisher (here eidos) funds development, so devs technically lose nothing. Eidos do, but thats how the industy works.

"There's only one developer on my S*H*i*t list and IO looks to be the second. You know what cracks me up, this forum has filters but the actual game drops the F-bomb like crazy. That's pretty gay!"

lol that i agree with 100%!

again apologies if i seem agressive, i genuinely dont mean to. Its just that when a consumer feels they have been ripped off it causes anger. When that fact is then ignored it only increases frustrations. Its the same in all consumer avenues, it shouldnt be different for videogames.

<<<UAF>>>
28th Mar 2008, 18:35
I wandered in here by an accident. So please…. I just went to check out how other EIDOS games doing. The same…..I am a big fan of entire Commandos series. We have identical problems with Commandos Strike Force as a multiplayer. The same problems you are experiencing with Kane & Lynch.. Strike Force has been released about 2 years ago and no fixes been released at all. 1.2 patch was released several months later, which it did not fix anything. At least we did not ask for this patch. It has something to do with Creative X-Fi audio problem. We asked for a dedicated server, to fix crashes on line, high ping, etc. These questions were never answered on the Commandos Strike Force forum. Seem to me no body reads them. There are no real contacts. The customer service (EIDOS and PYRO Studio) do not reply to E-mails. I gave up on this game. I will never buy anything released by EIDOS or PYRO Studio.

"You used to think highly of Eidos until they made one game you didn't like so now you will never buy anything they make, that’s a childish philosophy"
...yeah thats it , simplify everything into its 'just cos i didnt like the game'. just ignore the almost 5 MONTHS WITHOUT A PATCH AND MORE IMPORTANTLY ANY REAL CONTACT/APOLOGIES/CUSTOMER SERVICE / UPDATES. TAHTS why we are mad. the culmination of ALL the above factors. To look at a large multi-dimensional problem in such a narrow minded way, and sum it up as 'just cos i didnt like the game' is a childish philosophy.

I know there are at least two games are made bad EIDOS(Strike Force and Kane & Lynch), so I will not buy anything made by EIDOS or Pyro Studio………????????......... :(

There are so many bad reviews on line about Strike Force too.

DonkeyPunchedYourSis
28th Mar 2008, 19:00
Look your on the PC version Nova, I'm on the PS3. I can't find but a couple of minor problems with the multiplayer. The Kane and Lynch game runs almost flawless for me. Just got the game recently to pass the time as some good games are coming in April. My point with Infinity Ward was that with all the patches they released the game still runs poorly on the PS3 for many gamers. There was enough complaining on their forums to make your eyes bleed but still the complaints go unanswered. The game still suffers from host ended games.They favor the Xbox and their community relations are about as good as Eidos's and IO Interactive's. COD4 is a high proflile game in comparison to Kane and Lynch and it still runs like ass and was developed around the multiplayer. If none of this is registering in your brain then I will have better luck talking to a deaf and retarded midget.
This is a never ending cycle of complaining that falls on deaf ears. Take a look at UAF's post. Do you still want to continue with this even though it's not going to get you anywhere? If you want to continue trying to find a corner in a circular room, by all means, go right ahead. I'm done with this debate because I would have better luck discussing this with a wall at this point.

Sorry for your troubles and better luck in the future. You purchased a game that was a flop, maybe one day you will get over it. What I meant by learning from mistakes is never buying a game published by Eidos again. My point was simple, even though you vent your anger and frustrations, it isn't going to get you very far. Do yourself a favor and try to get over it. Move on with your life and get a better game. You're right as a consumer you can complain I'm not arguing with that.

Again, technically the developer loses nothing. the publisher (here eidos) funds development, so devs technically lose nothing. Eidos do, but thats how the industy works.

Oh ok so if few buy an IO Interactive game they still win, that makes sense.

Kent-45
28th Mar 2008, 19:18
Most Eidos forums are dead. Most Eidos games are dead. It's the nature of the beast.

NovaBlack
28th Mar 2008, 19:45
"COD4 is a high proflile game in comparison to Kane and Lynch and it still runs like ass and was developed around the multiplayer"

EXACTLY so why are you comparing it to a non-high profile game, that wasnt developed for the multiplayer, that its infinitely less complex to program...

DonkeyPunchedYourSis
28th Mar 2008, 19:55
It's a correlation that bugs, glitches, crashes, connection problems happen and that patches take a while to come out. That mistakes happen by even some of the best developers. Either get over the fact that the patch is taking so long or continue to cry over spilt milk. It's really quite simple. You have a right to be upset because your game doesn't work and you can't return it for a full refund. Let me know when you have achieved your ultimate goal and your happy with everything and your ranting made a difference.

You think you're clever but you're so far from it. You both purchased a crappy game but it's making such a fuss about it.

Kneo24
28th Mar 2008, 20:08
Well you clearly didn't read my arguments. If a better developer like Infinity Ward takes a long time to release a patch then that's the way the cookie crumbles. What's the logic behind crying and sobbing? You guys look like spoiled brats. This is a never ending vicious cycle with multiplatform games that are released with bugs and glitches. Do the ranting actions of gamers help create a patch faster? Gamers think if they complain that the developers will work faster with releasing a patch, right. No wait, Eureka, gamers complain so the developers will patch the game instead of leaving it to collect dust. If developers rushed out a patch because you want things done quickly then it would be a crappy patch. These things take time and gamers act like the developers can just pull a patch out of their ass. Eidos most likely ran into some road blocks with developing it. That statement about having a patch ready is hogwash as you can't predict what's going to go wrong. Unless a developer already new what was going to go wrong and patched the game with a quickness to make themselves look superior. The logic of the majority of gamers is very flawed.

Your bull**** logic aside, that doesn't make it any more acceptable. There's plenty of companies that get patches out quickly. Why shouldn't we expect patches in a relatively short amount of time?

There becomes a certain point where they breach that time frame and it starts looking excessive. Five months is excessive.

If a game has a lot of problems, you don't try to fix all of the problems at once. That makes no one but a select few happy. It's like content updates. You don't wait till you have an ass-load of content after a year and a half before releasing an update, you wait till you have some and do it in a few months. People stay interested and happy.

If your game is that buggy, fix a few issues at a time in smaller patches. This shows people that the developers are interested in keeping them around.

ricbox
28th Mar 2008, 21:29
Please Eidos, we really need that patch!

NovaBlack
29th Mar 2008, 10:51
lol the funny thing is you cant answer this question. How does it make developers more responsible with regard to releasing crappy unfinished buggy products in the future if i DONT complain?

...exactly..

kane1203
29th Mar 2008, 14:10
I just got a message in Games for Windows LIVE: "Xbox LIVE will be upgraded 1. of april". Could this be what the patch has been waiting for?

plEEk
29th Mar 2008, 16:59

Day 15 , still nuffin' . . . . :lmao:

chip5541
30th Mar 2008, 06:10
Sorry, I have not been here this past week. This flu bug is a nasty bugger this year. I still am keeping my ears open so as soon as I hear something.....

Kneo24
30th Mar 2008, 11:01
Sorry, I have not been here this past week. This flu bug is a nasty bugger this year. I still am keeping my ears open so as soon as I hear something.....

Oh tell me about it. I rarely ever get sick, and it sure hit me pretty hard earlier this year.

NovaBlack
30th Mar 2008, 11:24

yeh its pretty rough!

get well soon!

Candle
30th Mar 2008, 21:48
Thanks for the support chip: if only we could get the same from someone who had a patch :P

NovaBlack
31st Mar 2008, 06:59
im still stunned nobody sees it fit to make an official apology.

spyglass
31st Mar 2008, 14:15
still no word?

plEEk
31st Mar 2008, 16:28
Day 17 . . . . nada , :thumbsup:

NovaBlack
1st Apr 2008, 06:28
oh look theres... oh.. no.. wait... oh nothing...:mad2:

ANNOUNCEMENT OR APOLOGY!

Mike_B
1st Apr 2008, 07:19
Guys/Gals you've made your point. And as I've stated before I understand your frustration. Still, bumping this topic every time another day has passed without a patch/apology isn't helping either.

NovaBlack
1st Apr 2008, 09:27
I agree, i suppose, that posts that simply say 'ooh nothing today' fair enough aren't adding anything so ill accept that.

um.... but although i respect what your saying (if it was just related to those kinda comments), we arent just 'bumping this thread' IMHO.

People probably wouldn't keep asking for an apology or response... if we actually got an apology or response..... Im not blaiming you though as i know moderators are genereally in the same position ,and cant get any more info than we can. However it would be nice if somebody could try to contact anyone with more authority asking for some OFFICIAL information regarding the state of affairs on this thread. Its absolutely infuriating, that no matter how many ppl add to this, we still feel completely isolated and ignored.

I mean this is now one of the most viewed threads in the entire forum! (over 4 n half thousand views)

donald212066
1st Apr 2008, 14:22
Well to me this game is still a good game to play even though it only has four maps but by now everybody should be use to it. Soon GTA IV will be out and if there is no patch by then I don't see alot of people going back to this game. But for right now i still play the hell out it, I play it on PS3 and every day I play it I LMAO cus its so damm funny.:D

donald212066
1st Apr 2008, 14:30
word on the net is the patch will be out monday march 31st..yeeeeeeeeeee thats next monday
Well its Tuesday and still no patch I guess the word on the net was wrong :D

spyglass
1st Apr 2008, 14:31
donald.....i cant even connect to a bloody MP game....

donald212066
1st Apr 2008, 15:25
donald.....i cant even connect to a bloody MP game.... what do you play it on ps3,pc or xbox360

dugless
1st Apr 2008, 15:26
well donald thats what i was told by one of the devs. the patch is done just waitn for sony to redoe its psn network witch happens april 17th.i think xbox live already got it..and stop quitn my rooms u noob lol

donald212066
1st Apr 2008, 15:46
well donald thats what i was told by one of the devs. the patch is done just waitn for sony to redoe its psn network witch happens april 17th.i think xbox live already got it..and stop quitn my rooms u noob lol Why not leave your room u seem to have one or two of your body guards with you every time you host but everybody knows that all vs all is better than 3 on 1 lol :D . But what makes this game so fun is that everybody dies there is nobody out there that can say nobody can beat them. And like I said when GTA IV comes out hopefully the patch will have came out , but if not then oh well I don't see anybody getting bored of GTA and going back to the same old four maps thats on kane & lynch.

Jaydam
1st Apr 2008, 17:02
Guys/Gals you've made your point. And as I've stated before I understand your frustration. Still, bumping this topic every time another day has passed without a patch/apology isn't helping either.
Thanks for stating the obvious, it doesn't take a mod to come and tell us were not helping as we are well aware theres nothing we can do to help already.

believe me we are as tired of complaining as you are tired of reading complaints.

You're the 3rd mod to come and see what the fuss is over so i imagine you will disappear with the others soon.

if you hear anything let us know as we have had no joy out the others either..

spyglass
1st Apr 2008, 17:11
i have the PC version and theres still no patch, but you say Xbox360 has a patch? :S

Mike_B
1st Apr 2008, 18:22
Thanks for stating the obvious, it doesn't take a mod to come and tell us were not helping as we are well aware theres nothing we can do to help already.

No but it took one to mention the bumping. Again nothing wrong with complaining it has been civil so I have no problem with that. When we hear something we'll post it but as it is right now we don't know anything either.

Jaydam
1st Apr 2008, 19:07
Is there a rule against this then or is just a mods attempt at suppressing the complaining?

no offence but i am disappointed,

i have complained in the forums and written a letter of complaint to eidos and get nothing back apart from someone trying to quosh our calls for a patch!!

no surprise really.

if we feel it should be discussed on a daily basis then i dont see any issues with it? do you?

Mike_B
2nd Apr 2008, 10:31
I never said you couldn't discuss it. Again, constructive criticism is welcomed here and is what I've seen. With the exception of posts like x days and still no patch, those are true but really don't add anything to the discussion. If it's because you're worried that the thread will disappear into the depths of the forums well you shouldn't. If there's a sudden rise of activity in this forum with threads then I'll stick this one on the top. But for now it's already there so no reason to do so.

Jaydam
2nd Apr 2008, 21:17
ok so back on the main topic.

This is ludicrous.

when a mod / staff , member keeps popping in and saying nearly ready lads can we have a bit more information,

like .. its nearly ready lads it will be a few days

or its nearly ready lads it will be a few more months!!

i am now complaining for the sake of it and frankly getting bored with it.

It would be nice to complete the game but i imagine something new will come out and i will go and spend money and play that instead,

The software houses expect people to support them and buy their software as opposed to getting it by other means which cannot be discussed and this is how we are treated.

utter hypocrisy in my honest opinion !!

why should we support people that do not communicate and defraud you of your money!

Its daylight robbery as it seems no one has even accepted there is a problem..

MonkeyTech
3rd Apr 2008, 03:50
Back to just downloading games for me. Can't beleive i actualy paid money for this rubbish. All i can do in this game is get to the garage while the chopper is shooting at you at the start before i crashes.

NovaBlack
3rd Apr 2008, 08:00
Its daylight robbery as it seems no one has even accepted there is a problem..

I think thats the part i am getting most annoyed at. We just have somebody saying 'almost ready' . or 'soon' and thats been said now for about 4 months.

PLEASE ACKNOWLEDGE THERE IS A PROBLEM. THERE CLEARLY IS ONE. i really dont understand why (as stated by Jaydam) we are the customers who supported this product by buying it instead of other disagreeable means(IMO i feel completely wrong to not buy it). But this is hwo we get treated

Just ignored.

Thanks.

spyglass
3rd Apr 2008, 14:16
im sure theres ppl out there who got it by other means, who r laughing at us for buying it.

NovaBlack
3rd Apr 2008, 18:14
yeah, laughing at us for buying it, and laughing at us for supporting the devs who made this game, who wont show that same support back.

thanks..

plEEk
4th Apr 2008, 01:16
Well , it took less than a month for the mods to start removing my post of how many days since one of them said " any day now " I still don't think I've used up $50 of space on this useless forum , and by $50 I mean the money that I shelled out for this damn game that I'm not sure I even want to play anymore , thnx . . **** P.S. Lets hear it for freedom of speech!! :lol:

lightspeed
5th Apr 2008, 01:27
Poorly executed. I can't believe there's still not a patch. I believe Eidos must be smoking crack. This isn't the best game in the world, so get that out of your head and start supporting the users that are experiencing issues.

I want to play this game, and I'm waiting for the patch. Until then, I'm not even going to touch this game.

How many months or years does it take? Normally if there are problems with a game, a patch is released within two months....

WTF IS TAKING SO LONG?

NovaBlack
6th Apr 2008, 15:34
once again ill repeat myself until i get a response

CAN WE HAVE AN OFFICIAL STATEMENT ON THE PATCH PLEASE

WITH SOME ACTUAL DETAILS

i dont understand why nobody responds. I mean even if its a DEV saying we absolutely cannot put an estimate on it. At least we would have a response.

ricbox
6th Apr 2008, 16:26
once again ill repeat myself until i get a response

CAN WE HAVE AN OFFICIAL STATEMENT ON THE PATCH PLEASE

WITH SOME ACTUAL DETAILS

i dont understand why nobody responds. I mean even if its a DEV saying we absolutely cannot put an estimate on it. At least we would have a response.Actually, Friday, in another forum (I don't know if I can post the link) Zacker annuonced that the patch is ready and he's tracting with Microsoft and Sony to release it. After that he suddenly delete that message. I can PM you the link if you desire.

Jaydam
6th Apr 2008, 20:11
post the link,

the mods are already suppressing posts so you have nothing to lose.

i bought an xbox 360 this week and will sure as hell be avoiding Eidos games.

you wont be getting another penny out of me!

ricbox
6th Apr 2008, 20:30
post the link,

Alrighhttp://www.kanelynchinside.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3442

Jaydam
6th Apr 2008, 22:10
LOL What a croc.

by Zacker on Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:13 am
We released one patch in December to fix some exploits. A more extensive patch will be released soon(tm).

Does anyone know of an existing patch or is it zackers usual bull!

ps still no reply from my letter to eidos..

abl_lse
6th Apr 2008, 23:42
Let's take a little look at current history here.

Hitman: Blood Money started off a little shaky upon its initial release on PC. It only took ONE patch to clear up the issues. The game ran smooth as silk, and seldom has oned complained since.

Now here comes a game stylized after one of my favorite directors, and from the only team that can pull it off. I actually enjoy playing this game. It's like living inside a Mann film. You guys aped Mann perfectly. No complaints there. It's just that the game could be so much better if the performance kinks were ironed out. That's all we ask.

We're fans of the game. We're not spitting on your product. We paid for it, and we support it. All we're asking is for you to support us here. I mean, you're the guys with the big $$$ and all. Let's see you use some of it on customer service, and not fretting over some fat man's review of your game.

chip5541
7th Apr 2008, 05:50
post the link,

you wont be getting another penny out of me!

I take exception to that. I sent you a PM that I simply removed the portion about piracy and left the rest of your post as is. I can understand people being upset and sometimes things are said without thinking. I gave you the benefit of the doubt. Technically I could have deleted your complete post AND banned you for breaking the Terms of use that you agreed to when you registered. The mods have to work within the terms of use and so does the communities. If anyone goes outside the terms then it is the mods responsibility to handle it.

As I have said before. Once I or one of the other mods hear anything about the patch then we will post it here to give everyone a heads up.

abl_lse
7th Apr 2008, 10:44
Oops. Apologize about my rant. I didn't realize that this game automatically reverts to VSync everytime I start the game. Well, ummm, yeah....

Turning off VSync (again) helped out immensely. No more mouse lag, or any lag for that matter. Game runs pretty damn smooth. I'm a little annoyed that I have to turn off VSync everytime I start the game, but I'll do whatever helps.

Jaydam
7th Apr 2008, 21:36
I take exception to that. I sent you a PM that I simply removed the portion about piracy and left the rest of your post as is. I can understand people being upset and sometimes things are said without thinking. I gave you the benefit of the doubt. Technically I could have deleted your complete post AND banned you for breaking the Terms of use that you agreed to when you registered. The mods have to work within the terms of use and so does the communities. If anyone goes outside the terms then it is the mods responsibility to handle it.

As I have said before. Once I or one of the other mods hear anything about the patch then we will post it here to give everyone a heads up.

LoL ! Who said i was talking about you??

Try not to be so paranoid... there really is no need to flex your moderator muscles here!!

i was referring to posts that are being deleted by mods that dont wish to let people count.

try brain in gear next time.

chip5541
8th Apr 2008, 05:26
You made no distinction between @m and myself and made it "mods". The deletion of number post? You are equating the removal of a number post to that of a link to another forum with news on teh game? Your post made it sound like we were suppressing posts with an actual point.

donald212066
8th Apr 2008, 18:56
Well im very happy to come across some very very:D good news I was just looking around and I saw some new Kane & Lynch online pictures looks like we get new maps after all don't know when they are coming but they look good can't wait. This will keep me busy for a while oh yea can I post the link on here im not sure :D

NovaBlack
8th Apr 2008, 19:05
see im still confused.. we get new maps.. but do we get a patch to fix the bugs...?:scratch: what use are new maps without it?

spyglass
8th Apr 2008, 19:49
i dont beleive the PC version gets the maps....

donald212066
8th Apr 2008, 19:59
Yea i hear you i hope the patch to fix all the problems comes out to, but for me i was one of the ones that don't have a problem with getting online and playing so im sorry to hear that all this time has gone past and still nothing has been said to the ones that have brought this game and has yet to see its true colors but the ps3 version is the one that I play it on and it's bannas. So if you are one of them who still play this game online then you will soon be happy because these pictures just went up today so they are new and they look like a lot more K&L hours for me. just go to gamespot.com ,ps3, then kane & Lynch, then images enjoy hope I didn't do anything wrong by posting this information :D http://uk.gamespot.com/ps3/action/kanelynchdeadmen/images.html?tag=tabs;images

Kneo24
8th Apr 2008, 20:14
I read about the upcoming release of new maps on Wired. They're due out the 17th for only Xbox and PS3.

Now people wonder why PC sales are down for some games.

Gee, I don't know. When you release a piece of **** for it. Don't bother to patch it. Keep promising a patch will be out "soon", and then completely ignore it in the future when you go to release new maps, you very well might not sell a lot of games.

This is absolutely ridiculous.

At this point, not only do I expect an apology, I expect those very same maps to be available on the PC, I also expect a patch. The longer you take, the more I expect. A simple apology a long time ago would have gone a long way.

Hell, a small patch to fix some issues a long time ago would have gone a long way.

4+ months for what is supposed to be a AAA title is absurd. You guys at Eidos and Io should be ashamed of yourselves. Feel the burning shame.

spyglass
8th Apr 2008, 20:46
im sure i could of beaten Edios at fixing the MP bug where only 3/4 ppl can join a server & i dont even know how to script rofl....

so come on guys, wots the reason for leaving us Pc players out? we payed for this game...we have as much right as the 360 & ps3 players

Jaydam
8th Apr 2008, 21:45
You made no distinction between @m and myself and made it "mods". The deletion of number post? You are equating the removal of a number post to that of a link to another forum with news on teh game? Your post made it sound like we were suppressing posts with an actual point.

i made no distinction because i did not know who it was nor do i care,****

Im not here to tittle tattle with you i would just like my game fixed please. :mad:

NovaBlack
9th Apr 2008, 07:36
we.... dont...get...the...new...maps....:mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

AFTER ALL THIS????

NO APOLOGY

NO MAPS

FFS SERIOUSLY, I WANT AN OFFICIAL RESPONSE NOW AND NOT JUST 'SOON'

donald212066
9th Apr 2008, 16:05
The good thing is it will be free................but after all this time it should come with some money back too. http://blog.wired.com/games/2008/04/free-kane-lynch.html?cid=110063356#comment-110063356

And I heard its not for the pc thats just f***** up ......... why did you even make a pc game if you was just going to f*** it up so Nova I feel your pain ............ no wait I don't have a clue of how you really feel but I see why you and 100 of other people are mad because if i got a game that don't work I would want my money back too or something else that would make me feel satisfied.................. like a patch that made it work, is that so hard to make , you might as well just give them there money back and apologize ... or is that hard to.

kane1203
9th Apr 2008, 17:35

Calm down people. Sometimes things don't go as expected and can take a lot longer. That's life. As far as I can see, a patch is still in the works, and I would be very surprised if there wasn't new FA maps for PC along, when it gets here. After all, the structure is made for the konsols now. ( And looking sweet as far as I can tell from the screens :nut: )

Sure IOI/Eidos could be more open about the status, but the less time they use crawling around on their knees apologizing to us kids, the more time they have for patchwork. :D

It would be nice with a new status update for us PC users though. Even if nothing is new....:rolleyes:

NovaBlack
9th Apr 2008, 18:32
I just cant take the constant absolute absurdity of the situation.

this thread now has pretty much the most views on this part of the forum, increasing daily. Its been at the top for months.

yet still. we cant get ONE simple response besides 'soon'.

i cannot believe it. this is absolutely insane. :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

heres a tip for somebody in charge. DONT p*** off your customers. it REALLY isnt clever. And i didnt even go to busines school to learn that.

Kneo24
9th Apr 2008, 19:54
Calm down people. Sometimes things don't go as expected and can take a lot longer. That's life. As far as I can see, a patch is still in the works,

You buy that BS? Consider how long the game has been out. Consider how many times we've been told a patch is in the works and will be out soon. There's no reason to believe that a patch is being worked on.

Jaydam
9th Apr 2008, 21:03
Calm down people. Sometimes things don't go as expected and can take a lot longer. That's life. As far as I can see, a patch is still in the works,

i spy with my little eye a new member to the forum,,,,

All due respect but we have done all the nice asking and waiting patiently thats why this thread is touching 200 posts.

have a read over the thread when you get time,

i have even written a letter of complaint to eidos and received nothing in return,

if you are happy to part with your money and not be able to use your product for 6 months then send me a cheque as i have some duckdo's that will suit you down to the ground!! a cheque for £30 will be fine.

we can rant all we like, no one is taking any notice anyway apart from the odd moderator flexing their mouses for no reason.

the whole thing is a scam and eidos have made a fortune at our expense.

donald212066
10th Apr 2008, 11:55
we can rant all we like, no one is taking any notice anyway apart from the odd moderator flexing their mouses for no reason.

the whole thing is a scam and eidos have made a fortune at our expense.

Yea why we didn't hear anything from the mods saying that the patch would be up and running all we heard was soooon I thought the mods should know before us or was yaw told not to say anything thats just funny, they just kept saying when we hear something we'll let you know so I guess yaw still ain't hear nothing........ well then let me tell you a patch and/or DLC will go live on april 17 for the ps3 and the xbox360

now was that so hard to say and to Kane1203 I hear what you are saying maybe it's just taking longer being though the pc version of the game came out after the ps3 and the xbox360............ no wait it didn't they came out the same damm day why would anybody put the pc version on hold, and you talking bout calm down look man its april the last time I looked at the damm calendar the game came out in November count the months read the forums then come back to this one and tell me what you saw and i'll tell you what you didn't see was a damm appoligy. I know what life is and it aint got nothing to do with a damm patch

NovaBlack
10th Apr 2008, 13:40
seee now im just going to get in trouble for 'bumping' the thread or some other such nonsense

but im going to say it again

WE WANT SOME KIND OF OFFICIAL STATEMENT.

i mean what... do eidos actually have no affiliation to this site? if so i apologise i was under the strange impression these were the official forums for the game. How stupid of me to then ask for information regarding said game. Gosh im so out of line. An yeh i gues i am impatient, i mean ive only waited almost 6 months. how ***** impatient of me.:mad2:

Mood: REALLY TICKED OFF :mad2: ****

kane1203
10th Apr 2008, 14:40
...if you are happy to part with your money and not be able to use your product for 6 months then send me a cheque as i have some duckdo's that will suit you down to the ground!! a cheque for £30 will be fine.

I'm curious what I'm supposed to use your duckdo for when 6 month have past. lol :scratch:

...and to Kane1203 I hear what you are saying maybe it's just taking longer being though the pc version of the game came out after the ps3 and the xbox360............ no wait it didn't they came out the same damm day why would anybody put the pc version on hold....

I see your point! I know nothing about how games and patches are made, but I imagine it is harder to patch the pc-version because of all the different hardware that pc-users have. :nut: Zacker, help me out here.

jimmytehbanana
10th Apr 2008, 15:03
Hmm I'm no lawyer but this may be subject to some sort of law. Seems that advertising for something that works and instead provides something that doesn't work when the user is within the guidelines for the minimal requirements sounds illegal. Class action anyone?

Jaydam
10th Apr 2008, 15:44
I'm curious what I'm supposed to use your duckdo for when 6 month have past. lol :scratch:

ill tell ya in 6 months if your lucky, thats what eidos have done ;)

<<<UAF>>>
10th Apr 2008, 17:30
Quote:
Originally Posted by kane1203
I see your point! I know nothing about how games and patches are made, but I imagine it is harder to patch the pc-version because of all the different hardware that pc-users have. Zacker, help me out here.

It is has nothing to do with a different hardware that PC users have as long as you meet the hardware requirements.

How games are made. Method # 1

CODE:
Unseen to the user, but making all of the game elements work together, is the code. Code is the set of computer language instructions that controls every aspect of the game. Most games are written with custom code based on the C programming language. A 3-D code engine is almost always used to generate the incredibly complex code necessary for all of the polygons, shadows and textures the user sees on the screen. Another important aspect of the code is the artificial intelligence component. This is the logic of the game, and it also establishes the physics of the game world, detecting the interactions and collisions between objects and controlling their movement.

Postproduction:
Once the game is complete, it enters the postproduction phase. This phase includes extensive testing, review, marketing and finally, distribution.

Testing:
The job of the testers is to play the game repeatedly to find all the mistakes, or "bugs." Problems are prioritized in many ways, from "fatal" bugs which must be resolved immediately, to minor issues which may or may not affect the game's release. When a problem is discovered, a detailed report is sent back to the developers and the error is corrected.
The first version sent to testers is called the "alpha" version, and it is tested to detect any major flaws in the game while they are still relatively easy to fix. Once all of the major flaws are addressed, a "beta" version is released, often to a larger group of testers that sometimes includes the public. The beta version is exhaustively tested, fixed and re-released until the developers are satisfied that the game is ready for primetime.
Usually during this testing phase, a copy of the game is sent to the Entertainment Software Rating Board to be given a rating. These ratings are intended to give consumers an idea of the content of the game and its appropriateness for different age groups.
Marketing: Games are big business. According to the Entertainment Software Association, a blockbuster game like Grand Theft Auto: Vice City can cost between $3 million – $5 million to develop, with an addition $10 million for promotion and marketing.
With so much money at stake, the publishers go to great lengths to hype their games. This begins early, often while the game is still being designed. Companies send their designers and public relations staff to trade shows and conventions all over the world to promote their latest games. Demonstration versions, or "demos," are sometimes made available for download from the Internet to offer a sneak peak, and theatrical trailers like those created for Hollywood movies are released. All of this is done so that buyers will be willing to spend $29.99 to $59.99 (or more) to be immersed in the imaginary world that that game designers worked so hard to bring to life.
This is what a good game design company would do to get their game ready for new release.

How games are made. Method # 2.

Firstly you come up with an idea for a game. This isn’t very hard. There are loads of bargain basement IPs littering the landscape that you can dress up as ‘eagerly anticipated’ or ‘based on the well known works of …’. If for some reason you’re too cheap to pay for the life’s work of a mostly forgotten hack then you can of course just steal it wholesale.
Next the trick is to find some people who will lie like *****es. In general the more morally corrupt your company is prepared to be; the more the fans will like you. You want this feature? Sure our game will have it. It doesn’t matter that you’re receiving death threats from your senior developers, technology improves right? Just because you can’t have terabits of information passing between the client and the server every nanosecond now doesn’t mean it won’t be possible two years down the line when your game needs to have at least a playable demo to keep the VC investors happy. Of course the biggest lie you can tell is that you have a game in the first place when in fact all you have are a couple of web designers, a guy who used to draw the character portraits in your D&D games and a naive belief that somehow everything will turn out ok. Strangely enough this purest of vapourware is often cheered most enthusiastically by the loyal corps of internauts your lie merchants have ensnared.
So you’ve told a bunch of lies, you have at least the basis of a game (if you’ve just funneled the investment capital to your Cayman Islands account and are currently living under an assumed name in Rio, the rest of the process is largely irrelevant), and now you actually have to show what you’ve done to the fans. At this point you are in some very deep trouble. Each and every one of your fans has interpreted your pregame promises in a way that is unique and personal to them. No two people will agree on what your game will be and of course the reality will be starkly divergent from what any of them expected. At this point the people you hired to tell lies about the game you hadn’t made yet start to earn their pay. If they are good they will convince the fans that what they have is what they were promised all along. By keeping this fiction of Stalinist unhistory going you may be able to salvage your community. Luckily most of them will want to believe, despite the fact that you promised them the moon on a stick they will be grateful for what they have in the same way that an abused dog is grateful for not getting kicked any more.
Sometimes you will have a lie department who feel the need to come clean about the operation. They’ll explain the technical reasons as to why the promised feature set couldn’t be delivered and then you have an anxious waiting period to see if the fans buy it or not. This is generally to be avoided, especially if you made some particularly ambitious claims that you had no hope of delivering.
I’m never going to read a press release the same way again.:lol:

<<<UAF>>>
10th Apr 2008, 17:51
Look your on the PC version Nova, I'm on the PS3. I can't find but a couple of minor problems with the multiplayer. The Kane and Lynch game runs almost flawless for me. Just got the game recently to pass the time as some good games are coming in April. My point with Infinity Ward was that with all the patches they released the game still runs poorly on the PS3 for many gamers. There was enough complaining on their forums to make your eyes bleed but still the complaints go unanswered. The game still suffers from host ended games.They favor the Xbox and their community relations are about as good as Eidos's and IO Interactive's. COD4 is a high proflile game in comparison to Kane and Lynch and it still runs like ass and was developed around the multiplayer. If none of this is registering in your brain then I will have better luck talking to a deaf and retarded midget.
This is a never ending cycle of complaining that falls on deaf ears. Take a look at UAF's post. Do you still want to continue with this even though it's not going to get you anywhere? If you want to continue trying to find a corner in a circular room, by all means, go right ahead. I'm done with this debate because I would have better luck discussing this with a wall at this point.

Sorry for your troubles and better luck in the future. You purchased a game that was a flop, maybe one day you will get over it. What I meant by learning from mistakes is never buying a game published by Eidos again. My point was simple, even though you vent your anger and frustrations, it isn't going to get you very far. Do yourself a favor and try to get over it. Move on with your life and get a better game. You're right as a consumer you can complain I'm not arguing with that.

Oh ok so if few buy an IO Interactive game they still win, that makes sense.

Dude. :lol: I wish Commandos Strike Force and other games could be as bad as COD4. I would not complain at all. I am already playing COD4 and Airborne by Medal of Honor. Thanks for your advice. :rolleyes:

chip5541
10th Apr 2008, 21:19
Would have been better if you used Bully for teh 360 since the quicky patch broke it even more. :D

Another thing that people are forgetting for the PC version is the integration of LIVE (that there is enough to give anyone headaches) and the recent service pack. These two options alone may have been what is delaying any kind of patch.

last but not least is teh PC itself. There are so many combinations of both hardware and software that it really is a miracle that as much software works as it does. (I really miss the days of Amiga).

As I have said before several times. When we hear something we will post it here. If that is not good enough well then I am sorry but that is the way things are.

Jaydam
10th Apr 2008, 21:37
In the mean time well keep bitiching :)

due to the massive "official" lack of comunications from eidos.

even letting the mods down by not providing them even a snippit of information..

Kneo24
10th Apr 2008, 23:13
last but not least is teh PC itself. There are so many combinations of both hardware and software that it really is a miracle that as much software works as it does. (I really miss the days of Amiga).

We all know what a crock that is. Unless the developers are utterly incompetent, this seemingly huge giant that every complains about is easily dealt with.

Other developers do just fine. Why are these guys any different?

NovaBlack
11th Apr 2008, 06:06
Would have been better if you used Bully for teh 360 since the quicky patch broke it even more. :D .

At least Bully had a patch, id rather have a buggy patch within a month than no patch after 6. At least id feel some kind of respect toward the devs that they hadnt just taken my money and ran.

Another thing that people are forgetting for the PC version is the integration of LIVE (that there is enough to give anyone headaches) and the recent service pack. These two options alone may have been what is delaying any kind of patch. .

YEah.. LIVE that pc users majoritively DONT want. And the more difficult integration.. well LIVE was coded on a pc... people seem to forget that. And there have been several other games integrated with live, with patches, in a normal timescale.

(although i agree 100% about the amiga lol Loved it) I do respect there are many hardware combinations. But it isnt a miracle. Its down to effort, hard work, and good coding. Hence 99% of oher games get patches out for pc versions of games within like 2 months max , less if they are critical. It cant be a miracle if its the norm. Its more like this is an Anti-Miracle.

As I have said before several times. When we hear something we will post it here. If that is not good enough well then I am sorry but that is the way things are.

Appreciated. Im gettin more n more annoyed at teh officials leaving you guys to deal with their messes.
Its not fair. How hard would it be for them to comment. Cheers for the input Chip.

Again apologies if i come across as brash. We are just very frustrated. Nobody answers our posts. No1 answers our letters, the store wont accept returns... so what am i to do?

kane1203
13th Apr 2008, 05:43
ill tell ya in 6 months if your lucky, thats what eidos have done ;)

lol :D

Another thing that people are forgetting for the PC version is the integration of LIVE (that there is enough to give anyone headaches) and the recent service pack. These two options alone may have been what is delaying any kind of patch.

Yeah, thats what I thought. Must be frustrating.

plEEk
13th Apr 2008, 18:28
Patch Please :whistle:

NovaBlack
13th Apr 2008, 18:56
for the love of.....

please... i cant make this any simpler..

can SOMEBODY......... ANYBODY...... PLEASE GET US SOME DETAILS... THIS IS AN OFFICIAL EIDOS SITE , THE OFFICIAL KANE AND LYNCH SITE... SO ITS NOT LIKE WE ARE ASKING SOMETHING OBSCURE!

PLEASE THIS IS RIDICULOUS. WE WONT GO AWAY! :mad2:

Jaydam
13th Apr 2008, 21:47
well guess what.

i got a reply to my letter that sucks balls. surprise surprise.

ill take it to work and scan it for you,

im sure it wont cheer you up. :)

what a load of wasters!!

CrazyMarauder
13th Apr 2008, 22:01
do you still believe in this patch???
F...EIDOS!! stole my money!!

NovaBlack
14th Apr 2008, 09:17
well guess what.

i got a reply to my letter that sucks balls. surprise surprise.

ill take it to work and scan it for you,

im sure it wont cheer you up. :)

what a load of wasters!!

cheers mate , i cant wait to see it

at least then people can stop saying 'stop whining just write blah blah' cos i havent heard of anyone its worked for.

i actually DO NOT KNOW what to now do. i CANT get my money back n the prduct is broken. seriously. And what really irks me off is that im not even bl**dy acknowledged.

Jaydam
14th Apr 2008, 13:19
Dear Mr X,

Thank you for your letter regarding Kane & Lynch: Dead Men.

We are sorry to hear that you have been having some problems in running Kane & Lynch' DeadMen In your letter, you didnt actually explain what was hapening other than "completely crashes my machine" which doesn't tell us very much about the problem you are having as this could be for a variety of reasons. Due to this we have to ask if you have contacted our technical support team at any point since you got the game? The reason we ask this is that most 'issues' that surrounded the game where resolved as they where down to system incompatibilities (software or hardware) or involved the Games for Windows LIVE! software which has been updated since the games release. I would urge you to contact our support department via the details below.

As for the forums, I'm afraid we don't pay them much attention here simply because they are for the US releases of games, not the UK releases. I realise there may be some EIDOS UK people posting on them from time to time but this is done on their own onus and not in an official support capacity. Further to that, the purpose of the forums is for garners to communicate with each other about the game, possibly help each other with problems if they can. There is no official technical support provided on the forums, that is provided via email or phone specifically for each country the game is released in.

If you wish some help in resolving the problem please contact our UK technical support team:

- - --

Phone: e-mail:

0044 (0)870 9000 222 techsupport@eidos.co.uk

Kind Regards,

Paul Maxwell

spyglass
14th Apr 2008, 15:54
some1 deleted my Post? O.o

CrazyMarauder
14th Apr 2008, 17:01
Does anyone really think it will be a patch??

spyglass
14th Apr 2008, 17:43
no, i dont think Eidos have any intentions to patch the PC version at all.

NovaBlack
14th Apr 2008, 19:26
''The reason we ask this is that most 'issues' that surrounded the game where resolved as they where down to system incompatibilities (software or hardware) or involved the Games for Windows LIVE! software which has been updated since the games release. I would urge you to contact our support department via the details below.''

what a crock

this is so bad it just stinks.

so we arent getting a patch on pc then?

we have been lied to - FACT. im sorry but continually posting every 2 months to say 'soon' just doesnt hack it. As far as im concerned that is the same as having no patch. Which means the product i bought was completely broken and not fit for the purpose it was sold. thanks eidos.

Kneo24
14th Apr 2008, 19:54
If these issues were resolved, then where is the patch?

I feel bad for those that can no longer take the game back for a refund. It's a damn shame that the official response is, "Durh, the issues were resolved, and Live for Windows was fix0r3d!"

It's even more frustrating since the moderators are either being blatantly ignored, or are being told they can't tell us what the real issue is (and if the later is the case, their only real option is to give us the first choice, that they haven't heard anything).

I just don't understand how you can call this "customer service".

What is even the point of having a technical forum if you're really not supposed to go there for help.

Seriously, why should I buy any future games with the Eidos label on them?

Kneo24
14th Apr 2008, 20:07
Here's a post I made in a different section of the forums. It's very relevant to the topic.

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?p=745372&posted=1#post745372

plEEk
14th Apr 2008, 23:06
patch please :nut:

chip5541
15th Apr 2008, 03:33
Normally I do not play these types of games due to teh fact the computer is in teh living area and I have 4 kids. DL the demo and it would not play. Double clicked and just got a black screen. A red bar about 2/3rd the way down would appear and then I would get kicked back to my windows screen. I set to emulation mode of XP (I use Vista) and I got the same thing. Well, I had to go to the store so I was going to take a look at it when I got back. I was gone 30 minutes and when I got back I removed the emulation mode so it would run under Vista. It booted right up and I played about 15 minutes of it. Restarted the computer and the game still booted up. Since I had been trying to install Funkey's and it was a no go (although my wife's laptop with Vista and 2nd laptop with XP worked) I was thinking my issue was the previous install was causing an issue and by forcing emulation then removing it fixed the conflict.

NovaBlack
15th Apr 2008, 05:19
you know what everyone this is cr*p.

i think everyone here should (as it is our right) contact every major gaming site/publication with a letter / email detailing the absolute horror story that has been kane and lynch.
EDIT: I only mean to put forward your TRUTHFUL views on your experiences (if you have any), yours may be a good experience, if so you are free to express that one. However mine has not been (hence the horror story comment)

If eidos refuse to acknowledge us then lets see how long they continue to do that after their pockets are the ones being damaged through bad publicity.

I know several sites picked up on a lot of the mess with the ratings originally and im sure theyd love to jump ship on this. I remeber pcgamer had a big article on the strageness of game software in that it is one of the only real things that can be released incomplete and still sold,
perhaps theyd like to reinvestigate it.

Mike_B
15th Apr 2008, 08:35
'
so we arent getting a patch on pc then?

That's not what it said. As far as I can tell there still will be a patch, seeing as there was no post here stating that there wouldn't be a patch.

What is even the point of having a technical forum if you're really not supposed to go there for help.

The point of these forums has always been that users help out users. It is possible that some people from Eidos drop by for technical issues but it isn't guaranteed. And yes I'll be the first to say that this needs to be made clear when people come here.

CrazyMarauder
15th Apr 2008, 11:33
WHERE IS IT?? Where is my money back??

NovaBlack
15th Apr 2008, 13:33
That's not what it said. As far as I can tell there still will be a patch, seeing as there was no post here stating that there wouldn't be a patch.

well i appreciate that but its only an opinion, and my opinion is that there wont be a patch and that we are being fed lies.

Neither of us has any more proof than the other to back up his/her statement.

And If after 6 months forum officials cant show ANY more evidence for their suggestion than i can, then that for me makes my point.

Xcom
15th Apr 2008, 14:31
i think everyone here should (as it is our right) contact every major gaming site/publication with a letter / email detailing the absolute horror story that has been kane and lynch.

If eidos refuse to acknowledge us then lets see how long they continue to do that after their pockets are the ones being damaged through bad publicity.

Please, don't threaten with slandering actions (let alone lawsuits) because we then will have no choice but to deactivate your account here.

spyglass
15th Apr 2008, 14:39
seems like Eidos has once again messed up but this time with "age of conan" i was looking forward to this game with a Collectors edition of the game but it looks like Eidos has messed up with the packages between Collectors & Standard editions and ppl on the age of conan forums arent too pleased about it like me.....

Kane & Lynch.....Now age of conan....what game will be next?

NovaBlack
15th Apr 2008, 15:59
Please, don't threaten with slandering actions (let alone lawsuits) because we then will have no choice but to deactivate your account here.

i dont in anyway suggest a lawsuit.

All i was merely saying was i could contact publications with my experience of what happened (my factual experience). i would in no way lie or suggest facts to distort the truth. Merely that after 6 months i feel i have received NO satisfactory response to HUGE problems i have with the game and i am unfortunately stuck in a position without remedy.

With regard to the slander comment,

slander(harmful statement in a transitory form, especially speech)

libel(harmful statement in a fixed medium, especially writing but also a picture, sign, or electronic broadcast),

I think you mean libel. But as im sure you well know statements presented as fact must be proven false to be defamatory or slanderous/libel.

All i was saying is i would urge people to contact interested parties with their TRUTHFUL experiences. which is in no way Slander/Libel. i would not in ANY way encourage ANYONE to contact such publications with anything other than their truthful experiences. In fact i quite resent the fact that you suggest (after 6 months as you well know without any real update) that i would need to embellish my experience to make it any worse than it already has been!

Again apologies if you feel i have crossed the mark, although i do feel (and now explicitly clarify) that freedom of expression is all i was suggesting here. i IN NO WAY would condone any type of deceptive or untruthful behaviour.

I hope you understand where this comes from as i am upset and frustrated as i sit here. I have tried for 6 MONTHS to get my product to work to no avail. I have tried returning it to the store. I cant. I have tried waiting for a patch.. 6 months on .. nothing. I have tried requesting information in writing to Eidos, again no result whatsoever, i have asked MULTIPLE times for any clarification on this thread over the past 2 MONTHS and yet still i have NO details.

All i feel is left to do is try and put pressure on the parties involved through the only means i have left which is sharing my experience (completely truthful and factual) with those who can get the message out (if they deem it is not an isolated incident, and decide to focus on it, which my story alone will not do, so the only way it would garner attention is if multiple people complained, evidencing my experience as truthful). My comment on 'damaging eidos pockets' was merely related to the mantra 'what goes around comes around'. Essentially I believe that terrible customer service (in my experience, and again not aimed at mods directly) is reason enough for myself not to buy an Eidos product again, and i believe that personally this would have been a factor i would have taken into consideration (in hindsight) had i known at the time of purchase. I believe (only if my experience of Eidos customer service is not an isolated one), that this will affect future Eidos game sales with regard to those people affected.

PLEASE if you have any further suggestions let me know, i seek resolution to this as much as anyone.

If my experience is an isolated one off incident, so be it. Im sorry for any undue worry, offence, or misconceptions i have caused.

I will happily abide by any rules set on this forum and in no way wish to see my account deactivated.

Many thanks

Xcom
15th Apr 2008, 17:57
My post wasn't directed only at you, NovaBlack, though I realize that quoting your post made it appear that it was, so I'm sorry for that. You, indeed, didn't mention lawsuit but somebody else did. Personally, I sympathize with your situation, but given that this is the official Eidos forum, having people here organizing any kinds of group actions against Eidos, will not be allowed.

Jaydam
15th Apr 2008, 20:24
Ha now im pestering their tech support.

i think everyone should contact the tech support email address i was given for help and make them earn their money,

after all as it was clearly pointed out to me thats what they are there for so here goes,

ill keep you updated.

techsupport@eidos.co.uk

spyglass
15th Apr 2008, 20:36
im sure there already getting pestered by the age of conan fans....

Jaydam
15th Apr 2008, 20:42
Ha now im pestering their tech support.

i think everyone should contact the tech support email address i was given for help and make them earn their money,

after all as it was clearly pointed out to me thats what they are there for so here goes,

ill keep you updated.

techsupport@eidos.co.uk

Hi,

i have been in contact with your customer services and pointed in your direction.

i will try to detail as much as possible as your game kane and lynch seems to have many problems according to the people in the forums which your company takes no notice of,

http://forums.eidosgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=218

now i have the game and have had for some time waiting for a fix if there is one.

i am a very competent pc user / gamer

the machine is a dual core 2.6 with an asus p5w motherboard

the machine has a 512Mb radion x1950 crossfire gpu with a 900w psu

the machine also has 3 gb of ddr2

soundblaster audiy 2 Zs soundcard

the machine is always kept up to date as far as drivers are concerned

and has enough air circulation in a thermaltake cooling case

now over to the game.

when i first got the game it seemed to have a few graffix glitches which i managed to live with but the game kept crashing,

i at that point installed new video driver release

the problem did not get sorted.

there is no pattern to this apart from randomly rebooting my computer.

i have checked the forums and updated windows live to the latest version

disabled audio acceleration in direct x

i will add at this point my machine plays many other games with no issues and has NEVER rebooted thru playing a game up untill this point and still does not on any other game.

now i managed to get through quite far in the game until i have reached chapter 11 but now it seems to lock and reboot my pc,

now as i have several drives in my machine i am not confident to carry on crashing the box and running the risk of loosing data/damaging hardware.

please advise some technical support of what can be done to resolve this in my opinion badly written game,

as earlier mentioned i am not alone,

please see the above forum link of unhappy people.

Thanks Nick

let see what happens :)

spyglass
15th Apr 2008, 20:45
only thing im annoyed with is the Multiplayer.....u cannot have more then 3 players on a server and u need 4 players to start the game....soem bug....and they havent even fixed this simple issue...

Jaydam
17th Apr 2008, 14:31
still no reply from eidos technical support.

2 days and waiting.

plEEk
18th Apr 2008, 01:47
lol , p-a-t-c-h p-l-e-a-s-e

lightspeed
18th Apr 2008, 02:26
Eidos, are you seriously not scared about losing your customers? Haven't you all taken business 101? Please the customers as much as possible...

You have not done anything to please us. Instead, you lie to us, hide from attacks and requests, steal our money, and pretend to be working towards a solution. How long is it going to take? Another year? Maybe 10 years?

Get it out soon, or else you may not find yourself financially as strong as your competitors.

bothered
19th Apr 2008, 05:36
but given that this is the official Eidos forum, having people here organizing any kinds of group actions against Eidos, will not be allowed.

A similar standpoint as Mugabe or the Chinese have taken.
Just popped back here to see if anything has happened. I see it hasn't. People still complaining and Eidos still ignoring it and still no patch. I haven't even tried the game again, I give up. I will have to think carefully about any possible Eidos purchase. I suppose at some points in our lives we all get ripped off, this must be one of them.

killerhz
20th Apr 2008, 15:32
LOL, Still not patch? Well, I will just sit here and wait :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

And wait

:whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Still waiting :whistle: :whistle:

CrazyMarauder
21st Apr 2008, 09:07
Sit and wait, this Patch will never come and you guys know it.
I could sell this piece of trash to a second hand store. I advise you to do the same.

Jaydam
21st Apr 2008, 10:54
now i sent the tech support request on the 15th,

and still not recieved a word.

nothing like customer focus i spose.

what a liberty....

spyglass
21st Apr 2008, 14:07
HAHA, Eidos is a British Company, there giving British a Bad reputation...

killerhz
21st Apr 2008, 15:13
now i sent the tech support request on the 15th,

and still not recieved a word.

nothing like customer focus i spose.

what a liberty....
I sent an e-mail to the people in the UK and was told that they can only help me if I lived in the UK. So I just sent another e-mail to the folks in the US. Let's see if there is any help out there.

killerhz
22nd Apr 2008, 22:31
I sent an e-mail to the people in the UK and was told that they can only help me if I lived in the UK. So I just sent another e-mail to the folks in the US. Let's see if there is any help out there.

Not bad a 1 day turnaround from them here is their response:

Thank you for contacting the Eidos Online Customer Support team.

We apologize having difficulty with this game. We will allow you to send this game title in for testing. If we determine the disk is defective we will replace the disk for you. If we do not find the disk defective we will then return the game title to you.

Please follow the instructions in our Warranty Policy.

http://support.eidosinteractive.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=539&nav=0,1015

We apologize for the inconvenience.

E-mail Details
===================
E-mail ID: PVX-557183
Department: Customer Support
Priority: Low

Well it's better than sitting here doing nothing. Looks like more money on shipping though.

spyglass
23rd Apr 2008, 15:16
We apologize having difficulty with this game. We will allow you to send this game title in for testing. If we determine the disk is defective we will replace the disk for you. If we do not find the disk defective we will then return the game title to you.

LOL! that made me laugh so badly, are they kidding or wat? if they got off there lazy asses and fixed the damn game we will be ABLE TO PLAY!

plEEk
23rd Apr 2008, 20:26
Well so much for being civil..... ****

killerhz
24th Apr 2008, 22:50
LOL! that made me laugh so badly, are they kidding or wat? if they got off there lazy asses and fixed the damn game we will be ABLE TO PLAY!

We will never be able to play. It's over, the sales of this game has peaked and will not sell that good so they could care less.

Just ran the can you run it program on the eidos site and what do you know? I can run it, lol.

http://img150.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=80697_Capture_122_769lo.JPG

mclazyj
25th Apr 2008, 03:28
Well, if I remember correctly, they said they were busy working on the new maps and that a patch would come shortly thereafter. Well, new maps are done, but of course, the will never see the light of day on the PC. Same as with a patch.

People want to say that PC Gaming is dying. I think it should be rephrased that developers shoveling out half baked software are killing PC gaming.

Look Eidos, we have all been fair about this. I mean I figure that in six months you should be able to get out a patch, even a bad patch at that. I mean the Rockstar guys got a half-assed patch out in two days, and then fixed that a week later. But you are going to have me believe that the guys at IO Interactive, who put out a Hitman Blood Money patch within weeks of release, cannot get something done after six months. Oh wait, yeah they did, they released more maps....oh wait, not for the PC.

Thanks for dumping a load on us Eidos, maybe next time you can flush it down the toilet instead of dumping it on your customer base.

NovaBlack
29th Apr 2008, 07:28
holy cow..

we really arent geting a patch are we?

:eek:

i seriously am stunned by this. I mean i figured at some point we were on the bottom of at least one measly persons priority list (way way down at teh bottom) and that some day we would get a small patch... but no...

:(

Age of conan Cancelled.

i was looking forward to that too . oh well.

halflifedave
29th Apr 2008, 20:25
Heh, I just noticed they don't even have a Q&A thread anymore.

And to think, I cared when ppl bashed the game about the whole Gertsman issue (though there are plenty more reasons still to bash this waste of resources)

Enjoy making a sequel nobody will buy.

NovaBlack
30th Apr 2008, 07:11
Right so i just want to get this straight..

we HAVE been lied to?

seriously. Id like an official statement on this please. what happened to our patch that was 'almost done' and coming 'very soon' ?

seriously. was it all lies?:mad2:

spyglass
30th Apr 2008, 20:19
Age of conan isnt dead.

and yes id like an official statement or i will take this matter further, i dont see how im getting my moneys worth when the game doesnt work.

NovaBlack
30th Apr 2008, 20:42
no .. i meant ive voluntarily cancelled my order of Age of conan, since the publisher is Eidos

And from what i can hear from beta its very buggy.

So.. will i shell out cash for another eidos game so they can rip me off again?

hell no.