PDA

View Full Version : Thief Gold and Thief 2 problems

hrvoje42
10th Feb 2008, 12:46
I've got a whole lot of problems with these games... I know they've probably been answered before, but I can't find anything useful now

Thief Gold

1. The setup wouldn't run, it said that it can't install on Win NT (I have XP). I solved that by running setup in Win 98 compatibility mode

2. When I run the game, selected New game and everything, it wouldn't start (something with DirectX. I solved that by turning hardware off in settings, but I'd like some other solution for that, if there is one, because I've heard that game looks bad like that

3. When I finally started the game, it blocked and I couldn't do anything except Ctrl+Alt+Del

Thief 2

1. I installed without problems, but when I selected New game and everything, it wouldn't run, again something with DirectX. I solved this by adding safe_texture_manager at the and of user.cfg

2. When started playing, I made a few steps and it blocked, same as in Gold, and again, Ctrl+Alt+Del

I've been fighting with these for 2 days now, please help, I'm desperate :( :mad2: