PDA

View Full Version : Graphics and Deus Ex

Kratosaurion7
9th Feb 2008, 21:51
Please Eidos do not put too much emphasis on graphics and superb animations. I like Deus Ex because of the storyline and interaction we can have with the world. I know games that had photo realistic graphics and those games sucked terribly, why? Because these games have nothing else to offer than stunning graphics. They have a poor storyline, can't pick up [Metal Crate] and have fun throwing it around, can't mess with NPC's, nothing at all. Remember Deus Ex 1? It was (and still is IMO) the best game ever because you never get tired of messing around exploring secret places, modifying my pistol until it packed more punch than a sniper and other things. Those were not included in DX: 2 and that was its downfall.
I want a game, not a screensaver.

AaronJ
9th Feb 2008, 23:47
The non next gen graphics from Tomb Raider: Legend are perfect. It should be just like that.

jordan_a
10th Feb 2008, 01:49
Yes from what I have seen it's beautiful enough. Let's hope it's a good balance.

Zegano
10th Feb 2008, 05:50
Eidos will have to make it look good, otherwise they'll lose audience. But since the guys who work on textures and models don't normally work on storyline and gameplay, I think that good graphics won't change anything, and if they do mess it up then at least it will be a modern looking average game.

Lucifer
10th Feb 2008, 08:41
I would like to be Deus Ex 3 support on DX 10 with the new pixel/vertex shaders model 4.0 /5 of Nvidia

LALULILELO
7th May 2011, 16:14
hallo guys,im also interested in the Graphics and AI i already apointed the PS3 CE,but i cant find info for the ps3 version -just know the video gamplay.The Graphics and also the AI dont give me the WOW feeling!?- the Gra. looks ok and AI feels easy to defeat ( maybe i cancel my order,if EIDOS wanna send more info for the console vers.) :-/

JCpies
7th May 2011, 16:47
Thread necromancy.