PDA

View Full Version : white knight chronicles similar to our beloved Final Fantasy?

ZachiroEnigma0
30th Jul 2012, 17:53
i would like to get this game but i find it slightly offensive that they would compare it to FF..i've watch a buddy of mine play it at my house..and i didnt think FF

but i also find it a compliment that a company would copy off of SE's Final Fantasy ^^ that says something in my opinion..ehehe but i still feel offfended cuz its liek FF has a poser....yet complimented that a gaming company would go through doing something like that to make such a interesting looking game...

any one else with mixed feelings?/

heres the wikia

www.whiteknightchronicles.wikia.com/wiki... (http://www.whiteknightchronicles.wikia.com/wiki/White_Knight_Chronicles)

and heres a game walkthrough vid

www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzlqJgcxkTs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzlqJgcxkTs)

DerekMaverick
30th Jul 2012, 20:17
I've heard it's a lot like Final Fantasy XII. I have never played either of those games though, so I wouldn't know.

ZachiroEnigma0
31st Jul 2012, 16:20
I've heard it's a lot like Final Fantasy XII. I have never played either of those games though, so I wouldn't know.

i've played 12

its kinda like acombo of X-2 and XII as far as battlesystem

its more like 12 as far as gameplay, and had 12:revenant wings with like harvesting and mining

Xata17
6th Aug 2012, 05:56
I've bought it at Dec. Played White knight 1 and 2. I can say I was really impressed with the combat fight and stuff, It does a bit gave me feeling similiar to Final Fantasy, however it's not really SAME though. Since you have an ark to contorl in part 1 and build your own on 2 part. So it kinda really dont feel similiar as Final fantasy.

Well, Dont take word from me, I havnt played Final fantasy 12.

And just a little tipe for you, Zachiro. If you're planning to get White knight.. Just be prepare for a lot of grinding lol. That if you even care about trophies, or enchanting on the gear. Or even making items. So much grinding ever in my lifes.. @_@

member_10827409
6th Aug 2012, 06:03
hey we had that a while ago.

ZachiroEnigma0
6th Aug 2012, 10:07
hey we had that a while ago.

really??

is it fun??

member_10827409
6th Aug 2012, 11:38
well the first one cool. could n't finished it and never got to 2 though.

ZachiroEnigma0
6th Aug 2012, 12:11
well the first one cool. could n't finished it and never got to 2 though.

wow...o.o...sounds like agarest games...takes FOREVER!!

x.x...i still havent beaten that game..x.x.

member_10827409
6th Aug 2012, 13:39
Aww. well you'll beat it eventually. ^^

ZachiroEnigma0
6th Aug 2012, 14:25
Aww. well you'll beat it eventually. ^^

hehe maybe....but if versus comes out before then....the beating of agarest zero will be even moore post poned...x.x..lol

werefire100
6th Aug 2012, 14:59
white knight has a few similarities but one of the main issues with it as that your custom character was not the main character of the game. to me it's more like the first few breath of fire games rather than final fantasy which is far superior to all of the above.

ZachiroEnigma0
6th Aug 2012, 15:02
white knight has a few similarities but one of the main issues with it as that your custom character was not the main character of the game. to me it's more like the first few breath of fire games rather than final fantasy which is far superior to all of the above.

final fantasy and far superior to all sounds so good when put together ^^

nicely put friend, nicely put..

ZachiroEnigma0
10th Aug 2012, 12:26
if i had to choose between that and persona... i choose persona. (no offence.)

you mean between persona and versus??? O.O

member_10827409
11th Aug 2012, 10:56
jk ^_^ but between versus and Bioshock infinite it would be bioshock infinite.

ZachiroEnigma0
11th Aug 2012, 13:41
jk ^_^ but between versus and Bioshock infinite it would be bioshock infinite.

*pokes you* traitor lol jk jk and skyrim 1st person looks like bioshock o.o

member_10827409
11th Aug 2012, 13:57
OHHHHH..... okay um.... i was jk about versus. and stuff... i would never betray it.

ZachiroEnigma0
11th Aug 2012, 14:01
OHHHHH..... okay um.... i was jk about versus. and stuff... i would never betray it.

o.o lol dude you dont have to change your opinion lol if thats how you feel its how you feel ^^ like as long as you dont say bioshock is better than FF in good ^^

member_10827409
11th Aug 2012, 17:22
^_^ okay. but hey bioshock doesn't come. even close.

ZachiroEnigma0
11th Aug 2012, 19:23

yaay you won a hug! *hugs*

member_10628951
11th Aug 2012, 19:32
The heck just happen?

member_10827409
11th Aug 2012, 20:54

^_^ thank you. um you want me to hug back or something?

ZachiroEnigma0
12th Aug 2012, 09:20

ehh if want dont ahve to, btw in whtie knight chronicles, whats the leveling system like??

member_10827409
12th Aug 2012, 09:43

ehh if want dont ahve to, btw in whtie knight chronicles, whats the leveling system like??

*hugs backs for 4 secs then moves back quickly.* well it's kinda simple but in order to lean new abilities. you must spend SP (Skill points.)

ZachiroEnigma0
12th Aug 2012, 10:34

*hugs backs for 4 secs then moves back quickly.* well it's kinda simple but in order to lean new abilities. you must spend SP (Skill points.)

oaky but is it like levels??

exp??

member_10718990
12th Aug 2012, 11:51
i would like to get this game but i find it slightly offensive that they would compare it to FF..i've watch a buddy of mine play it at my house..and i didnt think FF

but i also find it a compliment that a company would copy off of SE's Final Fantasy ^^ that says something in my opinion..ehehe but i still feel offfended cuz its liek FF has a poser....yet complimented that a gaming company would go through doing something like that to make such a interesting looking game...

any one else with mixed feelings?/

heres the wikia

www.whiteknightchronicles.wikia.com/wiki... (http://www.whiteknightchronicles.wikia.com/wiki/White_Knight_Chronicles)

and heres a game walkthrough vid

www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzlqJgcxkTs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzlqJgcxkTs)

The first time I played WKC, when I was walking in the villages, I really felt that I was playing Final Fantasy XII.

member_10827409
12th Aug 2012, 18:51

oaky but is it like levels??exp??

oops yes it's just like that. you gain more SP as you level up.

member_10827409
13th Aug 2012, 14:18
your Ark also lvl up as you use it.

ZachiroEnigma0
13th Aug 2012, 20:07
your Ark also lvl up as you use it.

whats ark??? =3

member_10827409
13th Aug 2012, 23:45
the artifact that houses the power of the white knight.

ZachiroEnigma0
14th Aug 2012, 06:15
the artifact that houses the power of the white knight.

white knight is the armored thing leonard transforms into when fighting bosses right??? =3

member_10827409
14th Aug 2012, 10:43
yeah that's right. he can also do it in regular battle. but there's a limit to how much you can use it during that time.

ZachiroEnigma0
14th Aug 2012, 12:09
yeah that's right. he can also do it in regular battle. but there's a limit to how much you can use it during that time.

so how the battle system?? i saw it but i kinda dont get it

member_10827409
15th Aug 2012, 02:59
it's like this. you equip your commands in different slots. (the purpose of sp is to obtain new commands related to each type of weapon or type of magic but more on that later.) you can equip commands in six slots in different rows. (selcect commands wtith left or right. on the d-pad to select rows of different commands press up or down on the d-pad. i forgot how many rows are there. overall) you can set different types of commands in different slots in a set row but if you want to you can set up a row of commands devoted to a type ability (healing magic, special commands etc, ) but the drawback is only certain attack commands can be used. pertaining to each weapon type. (example: you would like to use a special move called fire arrow but you can't because you're using a sword. instead of a bow.) so my advice would be to set up a deck of commands in a row. that corresponds with that type. of weapon. so when you decide to use a different weapon you won't have to worry about it. however...

member_10827409
15th Aug 2012, 03:05
there is limted space. in rows and commands so if you're using a weapon whose commands are not in a row. you'll have to set up something just for that weapon. but beware. you might end up having no room for a healing spell or two.

ZachiroEnigma0
15th Aug 2012, 09:03
there is limted space. in rows and commands so if you're using a weapon whose commands are not in a row. you'll have to set up something just for that weapon. but beware. you might end up having no room for a healing spell or two.

ooohhhh...taht sounds like gambits for XII but more specific

and i saw like heal+ heal ++ and fire++

whats the plusses for???

member_10827409
15th Aug 2012, 21:41
that's for increased effect. like if you upgrade it to the next level. you get that added effect .for instance. if it's upgraded once. you heal twice as much but when it gets upgraded a second time you heal three times. as fast.

(Action timer)

now it wouldn't be a rpg. if you didn't have a means of attacking. there's a Action gauge. that lets you perform actions depending on the weapon (and speed stat.) you can perform actions at a fast rate. (my brother. was using a sword. it made the timer go at a moderate rate. but he later used a dagger and it sped up at a more faster pace.) each weapon dictates how fast the timer will go but that doesn't mean. you can't chose your favorite weapon. there is a trade of between speed and power. (example: broadsword does good damage. but there is a delayed 5 sec window. ) but whatever weapon and type of attack. you perfer. weather it's long range short range. stuff like that. unless you build. a good speed to compensate more or less. the action meter is always affcted.

ZachiroEnigma0
16th Aug 2012, 11:56
that's for increased effect. like if you upgrade it to the next level. you get that added effect .for instance. if it's upgraded once. you heal twice as much but when it gets upgraded a second time you heal three times. as fast.

(Action timer)

now it wouldn't be a rpg. if you didn't have a means of attacking. there's a Action gauge. that lets you perform actions depending on the weapon (and speed stat.) you can perform actions at a fast rate. (my brother. was using a sword. it made the timer go at a moderate rate. but he later used a dagger and it sped up at a more faster pace.) each weapon dictates how fast the timer will go but that doesn't mean. you can't chose your favorite weapon. there is a trade of between speed and power. (example: broadsword does good damage. but there is a delayed 5 sec window. ) but whatever weapon and type of attack. you perfer. weather it's long range short range. stuff like that. unless you build. a good speed to compensate more or less. the action meter is always affcted.

oohh what are the stats???

and when you level up do you get points you can put to whatever stats you want to like in Dragon age and stuff??

member_10827409
16th Aug 2012, 15:10
no you can only increase proficiency with weapons and magic using the SP system. and i forgot about the stats although most of them are probably the usual.

ZachiroEnigma0
17th Aug 2012, 09:48
no you can only increase proficiency with weapons and magic using the SP system. and i forgot about the stats although most of them are probably the usual.

ah okay hey do you recommend getting a walkthrough??

member_10827409
17th Aug 2012, 12:33
sorry but that i don't have that answer.

ZachiroEnigma0
18th Aug 2012, 00:38
sorry but that i don't have that answer.

awww

oh and im gonna be out of tow nfor a week..and not on line...x.x."

member_10827409
18th Aug 2012, 06:55
*shrugs* ok sure have a nice trip.

member_10827409
18th Aug 2012, 10:04
*sighs* this is gonna be a long week...