PDA

View Full Version : Help!no Sound In-game

dcbel
9th Feb 2008, 08:15
Hello,
I've tried to play the game,but..no sound!:mad2:
The menus and intro do have sound,but soon as a level starts,the sound is gone!

*re-installed my audio and video drivers
*re-installed the demo

Config:Dual core@1,86-2048RAM
Geforce 8800GTX
Soundblaster X-Fi Extreme Music

Redsparks
9th Feb 2008, 09:11
Hello there.

Same problem with an X-Fi Xtreme Audio !

I have sound in menu and videos and I can also hear sound from other players in multiplayer mode.

The EAX function is unavailable in the menu and changing settings has no effects (comes back to default each time).

I tried to force EAX through Alchemy Software but it makes the game crash at launch with a message such has "Software has stopped functionning"

I have :
Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 2,67 GHz 4 MB
Asus P5WDG2 WS Pro i975X
2x1 GB DDR2-800 PC 6400
MSI nVidia Geforce NX8800 GT 512 MB
Creative SB X-Fi Xtreme Audio
Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bits

All drivers and O/S uptodate of course.

Anyway I have installed the game on another PC with an X-Fi Xtreme Music sound card and similar configuration and sound is working fine.

I sent an e-mail to Eidos support and am still waiting for a working fix...

charliebrownau
9th Feb 2008, 12:20
Ive posted already that I have the same issue
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=75126

Its NOT OUR PC , its the GAME

Music plays, media plays, other game sounds play fine

ITS THE GAME the DEMO IS BUGGY

Redsparks
10th Feb 2008, 09:57
Don't disagree but that doesn't help much...

Problem solved for me by switching to an X-Fi Xtreme Gamer soundcard :p

Unfortunately that shouldn't help dcbel neither, sorry :o

Juanlo
11th Feb 2008, 17:32
Works well with X-Fi Fatal1ty. Try to install latest OpenAL drivers.

charliebrownau
12th Feb 2008, 02:12
By the looks of things the demo doesnt work with certain Sound blaster
cards but the recent ones seem to work .

Yet using the same cards and drivers on our systems ever other game
works fine .

FUSSY damm demo .

Is it me or is this worst demo of 2007/2008

Update:
Swaped my sound drivers with the free KXPROJECT drivers
http://kxproject.lugosoft.com/down.php?language=en
Still no joy with the sound in game but sound works for other
games/apps and works in the menu of the game

bjablonka
14th Feb 2008, 22:40
The sound in the full game does not work either. I have the SB live external, all the newest drivers but I can't get it to work. Sound works on all other games I have. What a shame, I probably won't get my money back either because I downloaded the game.

FridgeMonkey
15th Feb 2008, 15:54
Hi there,

For those who use Soundblaster X-Fi Extreme sound cards the best thing I can recommend is to roll back your sound drivers to an older version. I did this and got sound working in both the demo and the full game :)

My Driver Date is 13/10/2006 and the Driver Version is 5.12.1.618

Hope this helps :D

freshwater1433
16th Feb 2008, 00:32
Hi there,

For those who use Soundblaster X-Fi Extreme sound cards the best thing I can recommend is to roll back your sound drivers to an older version. I did this and got sound working in both the demo and the full game :)

My Driver Date is 13/10/2006 and the Driver Version is 5.12.1.618

Hope this helps :D

That's good news! However, I tried googling for those drivers, but couldn't find any. Could you tell us where to download those drivers or if not, could you upload the zip file to a free public domain? MUCH would be appreciated. Thanks in advance! :D

FridgeMonkey
18th Feb 2008, 10:59
Hey Fresh,

I rolled back to older drivers and unfortunately do not have the old drivers at hand anymore.

If you are unable to roll back then I can only suggest these links:

http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/SOUND-CARD/CREATIVE/Creative-Sound-Blaster-X-Fi-2090001-Final.shtml

This links to a driver that was created the same time as mine, and should do the trick (warning: untested, recommend that you set a system restore point before installing) even though its not the specific driver.

Vista:
http://www.softwarepatch.com/utilities/creative-xfi-xtreme-driver-vista.html

http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/SOUND-CARD/CREATIVE/Creative-SoundBlaster-X-Fi-Xtreme-Audio-Driver-1040077-WHQL.shtml

FridgeMonkey

bjablonka
19th Feb 2008, 17:11
Well, I still couldn't get the sound to work. What a shame! Called the company and they will be issuing a refund. Thanks for that.

freshwater1433
20th Feb 2008, 06:41
Thanks for the link, but i decided to sell my current sound card (Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio) and buy an X-Fi XtremeGamer.

Voila! Sound works with the integrated audio now (I'm waiting for X-Fi XtremeGamer to get shipped). ALSO when I removed the Xtreme Audio card, sound problem was fixed in "The Club." I'm starting to think that Sound Blaster has bad driver support.

It's not the game, but the sound card that may be causing these problems... Hopefully X-Fi XtremeGamer card will fix the no in-game sound problem.

Why am I buying the sound card if the sound works without it? You have no idea how much difference it makes when listening to music. It gives songs another life. :whistle:

CandyCollins
20th Feb 2008, 10:05
This soundblaster driver will do the trick for anyone who's still having issues with their sound.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QGLLU3RY

CC

Neothar
20th Feb 2008, 10:48
Hi all

I have exactly the same issues as those listed above - sound in menus etc but nothing in game. Strangely someone also mentioned The Club - the sound stutters really badly in that for me.

I don't have a Creative card though - I have an Asus P5E board with an onboard Soundmax AD1988B card.

Anyone else having this issue or found a fix?

Thanks

freshwater1433
21st Feb 2008, 07:58
Hi all

I have exactly the same issues as those listed above - sound in menus etc but nothing in game. Strangely someone also mentioned The Club - the sound stutters really badly in that for me.

I don't have a Creative card though - I have an Asus P5E board with an onboard Soundmax AD1988B card.

Anyone else having this issue or found a fix?

Thanks

Yup, that's exactly what happened to me - Stuttering while playing "The Club." I just removed the Sound Blaster card and installed the latest drivers for the integrated audio.

Do you have the latest drivers for your audio? You probably do, and if so, you should consider upgrading your sound card. If you buy the right kind, it will make everything else better - music & movies. But then again, with enough complaints, they might release a patch for those games with sound glitches. :scratch:

Maxx_Fire
28th Feb 2008, 10:06
Anyone tried this?

http://www.eidos.co.uk/support/faqinfo.html?fqid=413&gmid=211

bjablonka
6th Apr 2008, 00:03
Yes, I have tried all their recommendations, but still no sound in the game. I have not checked here lately, has there been a patch released which fixes the sound problem?

Maxx_Fire
7th Apr 2008, 06:31
The link I posted above has some updated info at the bottom, have you tried this?

If you still have problems after doing this, please try the following:

Your OpenAL install may be corrupt. Check c:\Windows\System32\ for either
ct_oal.dll or nvopenal.dll. These are the OpenAL 1.0 .dlls and they can be
causing the problem. Delete them and run the OpenAL installer again. If that
doesn't work try deleting OpenAL32.dll and wrap_oal.dll and then running
the OpenAL installer again.

bjablonka
7th Apr 2008, 16:40
Thanks, I did all that, actually several times. I have the SB Live external and this is the only game where I have problems with the sound. I do not know what to do anymore.

Maxx_Fire
9th Apr 2008, 06:56
Thanks, I did all that, actually several times. I have the SB Live external and this is the only game where I have problems with the sound. I do not know what to do anymore.

Could you post your dxdiag info?

In the meantime I would recommend a clean install of the latest sound drivers i.e. remove your old ones, reboot, then install the latest drivers from www.soundblaster.com (http://www.soundblaster.com).

Second would be to download and install the latest DirectX 9.0c build for March which you can get from here:

Direct X Redistributable (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&displaylang=en)

egito
3rd May 2008, 02:26
The game need a patch with bugfix sounds, I have Vista 64 bits with a Great top line PC run: Crysis, Call of Duty 4, Stranglehold, Bioshock, Medal of Honor : Airborn, and others heavy games which needs a great PC for this games and all run very well, my audio card is asus one .

I wait this patch to try the game, and after buy.

egito

:(

steve75
5th May 2008, 06:14
The game need a patch with bugfix sounds, I have Vista 64 bits with a Great top line PC run: Crysis, Call of Duty 4, Stranglehold, Bioshock, Medal of Honor : Airborn, and others heavy games which needs a great PC for this games and all run very well, my audio card is asus one .

I wait this patch to try the game, and after buy.

egito

:(

Hate to say because i enjoyed it but this game is DEAD.
Sales were really low.
No one posting in forums in weeks, no users no mods.
No tech support from eidos.

I do't think will see a patch...

Maxx_Fire
27th May 2008, 12:22
From : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sound_Blaster_X-Fi#X-Fi_Xtreme_Audio

X-Fi Xtreme Audio

The entry-level model of the X-Fi series, the Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio, does not actually have the EMU20K1 chip but is a re-branded Audigy SE, using the same family of chips (CA0106-WBTLF), and even the same drivers.[12] Thus, not only is all of the X-Fi–related processing performed in software, but it also lacks basic hardware acceleration just like the SB Live! 24-bit, the Audigy SE and other budget Soundblaster models. The X-Fi Xtreme Audio does not use the same drivers as the rest of the X-Fi family, some games do not recognize it as being "X-Fi capable hardware", and the device's hardware profile resembles that of older Live! and Audigy cards.

Furthermore, users have reported that it slows down some applications and games, and that rear sound in games (all) is muffled and of profoundly low quality.[13][14][15] Thus, even if the card is marketed as part of the X-Fi line, it does not belong to it technically, just like the Audigy SE doesn't technically belong to the Sound Blaster Audigy series. The card is not marketed as supporting the "X-Fi Gaming Mode" (but is still marketed as "X-Fi"), and there are no official implicit or explicit statements regarding its having hardware acceleration or not.

Basically Creative have taken an old sound card, whipped the sticker off it and slapped an X-fi sticker on it! Could be one of the reasons for a lack of sound for most folk! :(