PDA

View Full Version : Which theme song should be used?

Mangar The Dark
8th Feb 2008, 15:56
So, which one would be best?
Obviously it won't be an exact copy of something from a previous game, but would you prefer a variation on the classic them, a variation on the Legend theme, or something entirely new?

I say "Varation On The Legend Theme." The classic theme was great, of course, but that was for the old series, and it's been done enough now.
The Legend theme is equally beautiful, and since this game continues that storyline, it makes more sense to use some variation of that music.

William Croft
8th Feb 2008, 15:58
I loved the Legend one although if you go on youtube and you type in Tomb raider underworld theres some videos with a ''Supposed Underworld Theme'' And it sounds good a bit like TR1 :D

LisaB1962
8th Feb 2008, 17:29
The classic one is Tomb Raider. Nothing will ever be right but that. It's like when they tried to change the Star Trek theme in the first movie. Yeah, it's a movie, but it's still Star Trek! It's about how the music makes you feel; it just gives you that familiar tingle.

William Croft
8th Feb 2008, 18:38
The classic one is Tomb Raider. Nothing will ever be right but that. It's like when they tried to change the Star Trek theme in the first movie. Yeah, it's a movie, but it's still Star Trek! It's about how the music makes you feel; it just gives you that familiar tingle.

I see what you mean but it worked for Legend, I loved Legend music is was brilliant, although classic with a hint of classic will be perfect :D :thumbsup:

Mangar The Dark
8th Feb 2008, 18:46

I don't know much about Star Trek, but do all the different Star Trek TV series have the same theme song? Since this is a new TR series, I'm fine with dumping the old theme in favor of the new one.

Besides, I'd get that "familiar tingle" from hearing a variation on Legend's theme now.

LisaB1962
8th Feb 2008, 20:03
Heh, I disliked Legend so intently I couldn't tell you what the theme was. :D

But the four ST series are four distinctly different things: different crews, different locales, even different times. I'm talking about the first movie that starred the cast of the original series. It should have been the same because it was the "same show" that people originally loved, just blown up one the big screen. They rectified the error with the second movie, and the original movie's theme eventually found a home as the theme to the second ST series, The Next Generation.

(Are we the only two online today? :D)

Tomb-Dude
8th Feb 2008, 20:09
I wud like a mixture i loved hte legends but only when there was action, i didnt rele like it constant but i got use 2 it.

Mangar The Dark
8th Feb 2008, 20:09
(Are we the only two online today? :D)

Slow day at the office! :D

LisaB1962
8th Feb 2008, 20:36
Not for me. I'm just avoiding housecleaning! :D

Bampire
8th Feb 2008, 21:59
I like the Anniversary theme. It's her original song, just changed around to suit the re-make.

I will always love the original-original, because it holds so many fond memories of such a good and classic game. Also it's originality from when it started.

TwinPistols
8th Feb 2008, 22:22
the legend theme. the classic one is cool but for now I prefer the legend theme. I love it.

William Croft
8th Feb 2008, 22:24
I like the Anniversary theme. It's her original song, just changed around to suit the re-make.

I will always love the original-original, because it holds so many fond memories of such a good and classic game. Also it's originality from when it started.

I loved the Original too but then the Legend theme came up with something totally different and I really liked it. I would like a Legend and Original mixture, would be prefect but then again everything can't be prefect :D

~Raven23~
8th Feb 2008, 23:54
Legend Theme :)

Rai
8th Feb 2008, 23:58
Seriously, I don't mind. I love both. :D

But a heads up to Randy 54's theme (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=74855) for a jungle level if there is one.

TDK
9th Feb 2008, 10:49
Nah i wont new stuff , well its a new game so i would love to see new theme song and they should make it a little bit of rock music or somthing dark get it ?

Mangar The Dark
11th Feb 2008, 17:21
they should make it a little bit of rock music or somthing dark get it ?

Ugh, not rock music. I mean, I love rock music, but not for Tomb Raider. I want something evocative and moody/atmospheric.

TDK
12th Feb 2008, 17:24
LOL sorry im stupid :lol: i didnt get yr point give me example ? :D
but rock is good i think :confused:

Ugh, not rock music. I mean, I love rock music, but not for Tomb Raider. I want something evocative and moody/atmospheric.

William Croft
12th Feb 2008, 18:03
Nah i wont new stuff , well its a new game so i would love to see new theme song and they should make it a little bit of rock music or somthing dark get it ?

I agree but not rock- screming style like.. I'm not sure but I fink it should be the Legend type with a hint of Classic that would be awesome.

TDK
12th Feb 2008, 18:22
TRL music was not that good ummm here listen to this and you'll get it

The Prodigy - Out of Space :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7edztkuz5o

I agree but not rock- screming style like.. I'm not sure but I fink it should be the Legend type with a hint of Classic that would be awesome.

Werner Von Croy
12th Feb 2008, 18:26

Nooooooo Lara isn't a rock chick she likes trance, somehow don't picture her doing headbeats at Iron Maiden concerts do you? :scratch: Something similar to the theme to TLR (You know the tune which played when she was driving the jeep)

TDK
12th Feb 2008, 18:29
as i saw her in the first film she had an electro-rock songs type she is messy and dont love to be classy :D

Nooooooo Lara isn't a rock chick she likes trance, somehow don't picture her doing headbeats at Iron Maiden concerts do you? :scratch: Something similar to the theme to TLR (You know the tune which played when she was driving the jeep)

Werner Von Croy
12th Feb 2008, 18:32
as i saw her in the first film she had an electro-rock songs type she is messy and dont love to be classy :D

That's the films the old skool games she likes trance and classical, know her favourite band is U2 but, you wouldn't really class them or Basement Jaxx as Rock would you,

TDK
12th Feb 2008, 18:38
U2 really i love them too :D its really dosent matter where to class them its just about the game type im not saying rock stuff like really ROCK (you know drugs and destroying guitars) no there is some of calm rock !
WUT the hell am saying calm rock hahaha

That's the films the old skool games she likes trance and classical, know her favourite band is U2 but, you wouldn't really class them or Basement Jaxx as Rock would you,

Werner Von Croy
12th Feb 2008, 18:42
U2 really i love them too :D its really dosent matter where to class them its just about the game type im not saying rock stuff like really ROCK (you know drugs and destroying guitars) no there is some of calm rock !
WUT the hell am saying calm rock hahaha

Or eating hamsters heads lol like U2's music but kind of went off Bono when he thought he Was Mother Theresa Elecktra Rocks cool as long as it ain't some guy screaming out the lyrics:whistle:

TDK
12th Feb 2008, 18:44
aha now you get it no screaming only good music

Or eating hamsters heads lol like U2's music but kind of went off Bono when he thought he Was Mother Theresa Elecktra Rocks cool as long as it ain't some guy screaming out the lyrics:whistle:

Mangar The Dark
12th Feb 2008, 21:06
LOL sorry im stupid :lol: i didnt get yr point give me example ? :D
but rock is good i think :confused:

Yes, rock is good, but I just don't think it works for a TR game. One of the things I loved about the original game's theme (and Legend's theme) is that they did such a good job of creating an atmosphere of ancient places, and they did not try to be hip or current.

I could imagine David Arkenstone doing a good job with the TR theme.

TDK
13th Feb 2008, 16:45
I was listing to The Dragon's Breath for David Arkenstone umm ya his music is kind of good , why is rock is not good for TR ! :D

Yes, rock is good, but I just don't think it works for a TR game. One of the things I loved about the original game's theme (and Legend's theme) is that they did such a good job of creating an atmosphere of ancient places, and they did not try to be hip or current.

I could imagine David Arkenstone doing a good job with the TR theme.