PDA

View Full Version : Spiders!!!

ChOnyD
8th Feb 2008, 02:41
:eek:

LOL, I really think spiders will be involved in this game.

In the screenshot where Lara is on a pole, she has her gun pointed at a spider below.

I think this is a great little enemy. Heh heh

Opinions???

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/1973/spidersfn5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/1973/spidersfn5.jpg

naraku
8th Feb 2008, 02:54
Spiders. LOL That takes me back. Pesky things.:D

Bampire
8th Feb 2008, 03:03
YAY! I LOVE SPIDERS!

It's like TR2 all over again! Pretty much. :D

rabid metro
8th Feb 2008, 04:00
... these are large mutant spiders that are able to track Lara over walls, up poles, and so on. this has been mentioned in a few of the various recent reviews.

the clicky sound of those old spiders still makes me shudder ...

... and (shudders again) ...
if the TRU adversaries have better AI, then rabid bats are going to be like nano-cruise missiles (hehehe) ...
:cool:

TDK
8th Feb 2008, 12:40
LOL i hate them ewwww :eek:

Rai
8th Feb 2008, 13:08
Well spotted! Ewww spiders. I take it this must be the creatures that can follow Lara up walls? Help :eek: ! Didn't I see a extremely rough animation where Lara is dragged into a spider pit by a gigantic spider. It was used as a motion trial or something. For Legend I think. It was floating around the internet. Maybe they decided to go with it for TRU?

LisaB1962
8th Feb 2008, 13:14
No, that was something from Core's AE.

I like spiders, and I hate having to kill them in games. Funny how no one ever complains about how OOC spiders are in games. Everyone's perfectly willing to believe they'll go out of their way and attack you. :scratch:

William Croft
8th Feb 2008, 15:42
Oooh. I loved the spiders Ahhh reminds me of TR2 good to know they're back :thumbsup:

Mangar The Dark
8th Feb 2008, 15:45
Yep, spiders were confirmed in the IGN article (at least I THINK it was the IGN article... may have been another one, but they were definitely confirmed somewhere.)

Funny how no one ever complains about how OOC spiders are in games. Everyone's perfectly willing to believe they'll go out of their way and attack you.

Yeah, but do you remember those old Bard's Tale games from the 1980s, where spiders would wander up to you and ask to join your party to fight alongside you? My friends and I used to joke around about accidentally stepping on the poor things as they marched bravely beside us into battle.

Tomb-Dude
8th Feb 2008, 15:48
Spider apperently will be as mig as Lara's hand i think? And i also read (think it was IGN) that they are back and they crawl up her body :eek:

William Croft
8th Feb 2008, 15:52
Spider apperently will be as mig as Lara's hand i think? And i also read (think it was IGN) that they are back and they crawl up her body :eek:

Oh my god I cant wait!! I'm so excited ! :D

Tomb-Dude
8th Feb 2008, 16:15
Oh my god I cant wait!! I'm so excited ! :D

I've been liek that for a month now and my parents have got to put up with it for 10 more months hahah!!!

But spiders, scary creatures and now they can clib after you... I can see me dying a LOT!

William Croft
8th Feb 2008, 16:59
I've been liek that for a month now and my parents have got to put up with it for 10 more months hahah!!!

But spiders, scary creatures and now they can clib after you... I can see me dying a LOT!

Its gonna be exciting to see how they come off her :cool: Im so excited!

Tomb-Dude
8th Feb 2008, 17:00
I think i read it on a demo artical that to push them off or something... I cant remember where?!?!?!

ditom
8th Feb 2008, 22:06
LOL i hate them ewwww :eek:

Yes me too but spider is great enemy.It can climb walls so escaping will be harder.

William Croft
8th Feb 2008, 22:09
Yes me too but spider is great enemy.It can climb walls so escaping will be harder.

Yep making tomb raider tomb raider, oh I can't wait :D

ditom
8th Feb 2008, 22:25
I hope that spiders will die after one shot.

William Croft
8th Feb 2008, 22:27
I hope that spiders will die after one shot.

I don't! That would be way to easy.

ditom
8th Feb 2008, 22:30
So you want shoot 10 times then throw a granade and after that spider die.C'mon this is small creature that you can smash with your leg.

William Croft
8th Feb 2008, 22:39
So you want shoot 10 times then throw a granade and after that spider die.C'mon this is small creature that you can smash with your leg.

Okay 2 shots is reasnable but they're found in underworld they're supernatural, Only joking but 1 shot seems too easy but if theres like 20 in a row then it wont be so easy :D Then it'll be great :D :thumbsup:

ditom
8th Feb 2008, 22:42
2 shoots is ok

Rai
8th Feb 2008, 22:54
Small spiders shold be no more than two shots or a squish. ;)

but what if they have a Daddy? :eek:

~Raven23~
8th Feb 2008, 23:58
LOL :lol:
Nice find :thumbsup:

Captain Mazda
9th Feb 2008, 02:05
Excellent! :thumbsup:

rabid metro
9th Feb 2008, 06:57
... I really think spiders will be involved in this game ...

see the Games Radar Preview (http://www.gamesradar.com/xbox360/tomb-raider-underworld/news/tomb-raider-underworld-first-look/a-2008013114478781071/g-200712141142215087/p-5), page three, third paragraph.
:cool: (it only hurts when i laugh ...)

TDK
9th Feb 2008, 10:40
I want to throw up :eek:

Xcom
9th Feb 2008, 12:19
I hate them spiders. I'd rather have zombies. :nut:

Tomb-Dude
9th Feb 2008, 16:12
Stwo shots should be a mazimum of killing spiders... No more, no less. Tomb Raider has always had creature that never die so easy, like the t-rex how many bullets does it rele need to take (in the head and mouth oh dont forget the eyes) untill is dead, i no its a game but i'm just saying lol... Two shots would be enough for spiders... Sorry if i blabbered im ill and cant think properly :(

Rai
9th Feb 2008, 19:04
see the Games Radar Preview (http://www.gamesradar.com/xbox360/tomb-raider-underworld/news/tomb-raider-underworld-first-look/a-2008013114478781071/g-200712141142215087/p-5), page three, third paragraph.

So they are crab spiders. Oh lordy. :eek:

ditom
9th Feb 2008, 19:07
Stwo shots should be a mazimum of killing spiders... No more, no less. Tomb Raider has always had creature that never die so easy, like the t-rex how many bullets does it rele need to take (in the head and mouth oh dont forget the eyes) untill is dead, i no its a game but i'm just saying lol... Two shots would be enough for spiders... Sorry if i blabbered im ill and cant think properly :(

I remember scorpions in TR4 and they were bulletproff

matches81
9th Feb 2008, 19:19

Meh, just read that preview. I agree with especially the paragraph you pointed to: Why does Lara have to fight and kill everyone and everything in her way? It's a bit odd. I hope that animals will be more neutral and probable to flee anyway. I can't see a normal spider hunting me down... okay, if it's a demonic hell-spawn looking like a spider, I'm fine with that, but I think it would be great if animals finally started acting like animals in games.

That said: I generally like spiders as enemies, in almost every game. Probably because I find those critters just creepy. Except in Dark Messiah of Might & Magic: That version of poison in that game just plain sucked. Made the spiders my most-feared enemies, because 2 of them could kill you instantly. Zombies, too :(

SunriseSunset
9th Feb 2008, 20:18
Awww. I couldn't stand the ones jumping at you in the Harry Potter games (I didn't buy the game:o , someone else did:whistle: ). At least I'll feel darn good shooting them to pieces!:cool:

William Croft
9th Feb 2008, 20:19
Awww. I couldn't stand the ones jumping at you in the Harry Potter games (I didn't buy the game:o , someone else did:whistle: ). At least I'll feel darn good shooting them to pieces!:cool:

Hahahaha, true instead of swining your wand at them :rasp:

ditom
9th Feb 2008, 21:00

I enjoyed HP 2...OMG I can't believe I'm saying it.

J_Raider
9th Feb 2008, 21:11
As few more people said ' this takes me back...'.
The Spiders from TR2 were kind of fun, but easy to kill...a little...i think...hehe anyways as i see the TRu spiders aren't small :rolleyes:

darklightdan
9th Feb 2008, 21:26
:) anything to make the game harder and longer is bril :)

William Croft
10th Feb 2008, 17:26
:) anything to make the game harder and longer is bril :)

Exactly, I love the idea of spiders, They're going to bring back some memories! :thumbsup: